"Visual C++ Studio 2005 6.0 Standard Express Pro" - what to buy...?

Hi,

I currently have Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (the free one), but I want
to use MFC and I understand that for this I need to upgrade to the full
version.

However, I'm getting a bit confused with all the different versions and some
clarification is required...

Am I correct in thing that I have to upgrade from Visual C++ 2005 Express
Edition to Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition?

If so, am I also correct in thinking that Visual Studio 2005 Standard
Edition includes VB, C#, J# and C++?

If so, is there another option?   I just want plain Visual C++ and MFC, not
some huge development system half of which I'll probably never use.

And can I assume that version '2005' is a newer version than version '6'?

Thanks.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> If so, am I also correct in thinking that Visual Studio 2005 Standard
> Edition includes VB, C#, J# and C++?
>
> If so, is there another option?   I just want plain Visual C++ and MFC, not
> some huge development system half of which I'll probably never use.

I dont think you can get just C++ compiler with a standard version of
VS2005. You can however choose to install only the components that you
want.

> And can I assume that version '2005' is a newer version than version '6'?

There have been few versions of VS since VC6: VS2002, VS2003 and
VS2005. None of these were specific for C++.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)