#include <windows.h> (Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta 2)

I need MultiByteToWideChar(). I'm trying to include "windows.h" as stated in
docs:

http://whidbey.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/intl/unicode_17si.asp?frame=true

but when I do this I got an error:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or
directory

by searching VS8 installation directories inside "Program Files" I can't
find "windows.h" file.

Is this the right group to post?

0
my.fake (136)
8/29/2005 9:24:44 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

PSDK is not included in express versions. you need to download it manually.
"Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> д���ʼ�

> I need MultiByteToWideChar(). I'm trying to include "windows.h" as stated
in
> docs:

http://whidbey.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/intl/unicode_17si.asp?frame=true

> but when I do this I got an error:
>
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or
> directory
>
> by searching VS8 installation directories inside "Program Files" I can't
> find "windows.h" file.
>
> Is this the right group to post?

0
sheng_jiang (305)

Access to others inbox #2
I posted this before on 12/24 but my post disappeared after one response. We have a single server environment with Win2000 server and Exchange 2000. We just found out recently that through Outlook, everyone can open all other user's mailbox folders. The only exception is the Administrator. He cannot open anyone's. There seems to be no security. I ran throught the typical permissions for inboxes and they are properly set to "none". I checked the file permissions on the M: drive as well as the Exchsrv folder and I don't see any glaring problems but I'm not sure...

Information pane in an MS Word window
Hi folks, Usually when working in word, the bottom of the window pane (grey bar) conveys standard information such as the # of pages in the document, coordinates for the cursor in the document, whether or not the "Insert" buttom is in use (symbol OVR). Thank you. This is called the "status bar" and in Word 2003 and earlier, can be toggled on and off at Tools | Options | View. In Word 2007 (and presumably 2010), it is always displayed. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Na...

SQL Express 2005 concurrent use of hosted and user instances
We have an application that makes use of a SQL Express 2005 database for temporary storage of transaction data. The database is hosted locally (as the default instance name SQLEXPRESS) and is accessed via TCP using .NET native client support. Over several years and hundreds of installations this was worked flawlessly, until recently. We have been experiencing periodic corruption issues across a large number of related installations. The corruption has been observed in one of two forms: 1) the MDF and LDF files get out of sync. 2) The master database gets damaged rendering...

removing blank cells #2
Column A looks like this (there are actually 162 cells, not just the shown here) @Sea @Sea @Sea Bos Bos Bos @Oak @Oak @Oak I want to get all the cells with an @ symbol in them to be in column without the blank cells in between and all the cells without an symbol to be in column B. I have to do this for 30 sheets so I don' want to have to cut and paste on all 30 sheets. Is there a way to d this with a formula or formatting? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: 1. In B1 enter the array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX($A$1:$A$...

Windows XP SP2 won't display
I'm running Windows XP SP2. IE 6 locked on me yesterday so I cntl-alt-delete and ended the task. After that I tried to reboot it gets as far as my wall paper and then nothing else happens. No program icons, no task bar. The only thing I can do is cntl-alt-delete and see the the process that are running. I can start it in safe mode, safe mode with networking and everything works OK. When it starts in normal mode I can see it from other networked PC and access the hard drives. Any You might have better luck if you posted this to a WINDOWS newsgroup instead of the Microsoft Access (d...

maintain deleted for 2 days
How can I configure exchange 2000 to not allow users to delete the "deleted" folder until it is backup - 2 days later? Or can I block it and have exchange delete the "deleted" after 2 days? Thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES Raul Rego wrote: > How can I configure exchange 2000 to not allow users to delete the > "deleted" folder until it is backup - 2 days later? > > Or can I block it and have exchange delete the "deleted" after 2 days? > > Thanks, > Raul Rego > NJPIES Use Deleted Item Retention on the mail store (set in ESM). I'...

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

Comparing lists #2
I'm trying to make a fairly fluid spreadsheet. I have a weekly sales report that comes out every week that I compare to the prior week to see detailed sales information on about 2000 skus. I have skus that come on and off of this report every week. I want to be able to paste a column of data from the new report each week next to a column from the prior week and: a) tell me which skus have been added or subtracted b) keep existing skus next to eachother automatically Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! On Nov 21, 11:31=A0am, Ralph Burnette <ralph.burne...@gmail.com> wrote:...

Account Balance after Merging Accounts(2005)
I merged my "checking" account with the account I setup in MSN Bill Pay. The two accounts had different names and I did not know how to select my existing "checking" account as the account to be used for MSN Bill Pay. After merging the two accounts I have a bank balance of $500(from my "checking" account)and an adjusted balance of $200. My MSN Bill Pay account had no transaction entries when merging with the "checking" account. I don't understand how I could have an adjusted balance of $200 since there where no bank entries in my MSN Bill Pay ...

email macro #2
Hi, I want to add a 'send this sheet' button to an excel-sheet so that after completing an excel-sheet the customer can send it automatically back to me, without have to do 'complex' email operations. Can some one help me with this one? Kind regards, Eric Eric, Have a look at Ron de Bruin's site here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Eric27&qu...

Switching between documents and windows
Hello, I want to cut and paste from one active document to another and keep the first document window on top. Code I'm working with: Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen).Show ' user selects the Main.docx file ' Main.docx is activated by default ' select and copy stuff from Main.docx ' open Target.docx via Documents.Open FileName:="""Target.docx""" 'etcetera ' Target.docx is now active and it's window is on top ' paste stuff Now I want to make Main.docx activated and it's window on top. I can activate it easily en...

adding times #2
I have time periods that range from seconds to at least 10 minutes. When I try to format them appropriately, for example 1 minute and 53 seconds, it will only count the 53 seconds. How can I format this correctly, so that I can create a calculated field in the end. On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:23:03 -0700, Metalteck <Metalteck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have time periods that range from seconds to at least 10 minutes. When I >try to format them appropriately, for example 1 minute and 53 seconds, it >will only count the 53 seconds. How can I format this correctly, so th...

change window title
Hi, this may be a simple post but I can't seem to find out how to do this. I need to change what gets added to the windows title when a cRM window comes up. Any help would be great Dear, crmForm.title.value you will use , see example here. var strPatient; var strSubject; { strPatient=crmForm.customerid.DataValue[0].name; strSubject=crmForm.subjectid.DataValue[0].name; // here you will use title crmForm.title.value=strPatient+": "+strSubject } hopefull it will help -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on M...

dde server window
outlook.exe entry point not found the procedure entrypoint getiums couldnot be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll Can anyone tell me why this is popping up and how do I get rid of it? Visit windows update and get the latest version of mdac. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked th...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Drop Down box
You both rock! Thanks for the fast reply. Wish me luck -- kelleram ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kellerama's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1492 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26563 ...

Windows Mail
I have Windows Vista and a few weeks ago my Windows Mail program started grouping email messages with the same subject. A little "+" sign appears which can expand the messages and show all grouped messages. I understand this system, but hate it. Is there a way to do away with the grouping all together? I checked all the settings (I think) and can't find a way to get it back the way it had been. Any help would be appreciated. While in the Inbox: View | Sort By. Select: Sent. View | Current View. Check: Show All Messages ONLY. -- Bruce Hagen ...

Keeping Window Location
Hello, I've written a DLL which consists of a dialog box. This dialog box gets invoked when a user pressess a specific button in parent app. When this dialog box is invoked, a user can move it around the screen and close it (fun stuff!). My question is this: is there a way to remember the last position of this dialog box so when it is closed and invoked again, it will start from its last position? I think Dialog Properities can enable this functionality but I am not sure which box to check to make it work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Victor. >My question is this: is ther...

Issue with .jpg files in Vista/Windows 7
I'm having an issue with my JPEG files in both Vista and Windows 7. The files were created on my camera and downloaded to an XP machine. When I moved them to either a Vista or Windows 7 machine about 1/3 of them will not display. If I move them back, everything displays just fine on my old XP machine. I downloaded IrFanView on the Windows 7 machine and tried that. It didn't help. When I open one of the troublesome files I get the following: DSCF8623.JPG : Can't read file header ! Unknown file format or file not found! (for unicode filenames please aciv...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

outlook express 6.0 in ms 98
I cant seem to delete any of my sent mail messages in Outlook express 6.0 i am operaitng in ms 98..up to 8400 messages now. Please help ! At the risk of being obvious, click on the first item in your sent items folder while holding down the shift key. Then scroll to the bottom and click the last item. That will select them all - or you can use any range you desire. Then just click the delete icon or press the delete button. Once done, you might want to empty the deleted items folder (assuming it doesn't tell you there isn't enough room there and they'll be permanently delete...

Sahring microsoft office excel documents in sharepoint in edit mod
> Can users share the same document in 'edit in microsoft office excel' > allowing both the edit the same document, if so where do I set access -- GJEmberson Hi, The answer is yes, however, it is the general consensus amoung the high end users that the feature has too many disadvantages. But if you want to try it: Choose Tools, Share Workbook, and check Allow changes by more than one user... If this helps, please click the Yes button. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Genevieve Emberson" wrote: > > Can users share the same document in 'edit in microsoft...

Sharing task lists #2
Is it possible to share other task-folders than the default "Tasks" folder ? I made a folder (containing mail/post items) and putted a task-folder inside it. I have given permissions to other users on the exchange server, but when they open my shared tasks they only see the default Tasks folder. TWH Thor W Hammer <thorwhammer@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to share other task-folders than the default "Tasks" > folder ? > I made a folder (containing mail/post items) and putted a task-folder > inside it. I have given permissions to other users...

How do I view an Excel spreadsheet when I only have Windows XP?
I've received a spreadsheet from a company in China. Cannot view it, because it says it's an Excel. It's a Monday for sure.... Help! You can download "Excel Viewer" free from the Microsoft website. :cool -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26606 Thank you so much! Now, if the viewer doesn't work with XP, then I'll be back to bug you guys some more! ...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...