? Changing Column for "Jump Key" in List Control

Hi,

When you press a key in a list control, it jumps to the next item whose
first-column text begins with that key. I am looking for a way to change that,
so that pressing a key jumps to an item based on a different column. I don't
mean just reordering the columns, so that the first column appears in a
different position, but actually using a different column.

I looked around for an answer, but only found a couple of others who /asked/
this (and did not get responses). :(

Is it even possible? I could swear that I have seen it, or read of a way to do
it.

(On this topic, does anyone know the official term for it?)

Thanks.

--
Alec S.
news/alec->synetech/cjb/net

0
Alec
10/2/2008 3:47:17 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Subclass the list control and handle OnChar, don't call the superclass, program it to do
whatever you want it to do.
					joe

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 23:47:17 -0400, "Alec S." <@> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>When you press a key in a list control, it jumps to the next item whose
>first-column text begins with that key. I am looking for a way to change that,
>so that pressing a key jumps to an item based on a different column. I don't
>mean just reordering the columns, so that the first column appears in a
>different position, but actually using a different column.
>
>I looked around for an answer, but only found a couple of others who /asked/
>this (and did not get responses). :(
>
>Is it even possible? I could swear that I have seen it, or read of a way to do
>it.
>
>(On this topic, does anyone know the official term for it?)
>

>Thanks.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com