? Both Help Box AND Minimize Box in Title Bar of MFC Dialog App

    Hi,

    I assume that this question has been asked before but since I can't find
it anywhere...

    How can you put both a question-mark context-sensitive help button AND a
Minimize/Maximize Box in the title bar of a Dialog mode MFC app?

    Thanks

--
Alec
asoroudi@synetech.cjb.net

0
Alec
12/4/2003 5:04:28 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Stacked Column Graph
I have data that counts in two separrate ways. How can I put two stacked columns next to each other on the same graph (X is in days, Y1 is # of incidents, Y2 is currently an average of days used for a line above the stacks). Hi Tim, Have a look at the resources referred to by Jon. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Tim wrote: > I have data that counts in two separrate ways. How can I put two stacked > columns next to each other on the same graph (X is in days, Y1 is # of > incidents, Y2 is currently an average of days used for a line a...

List Boxes #2
Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first column distplays Dim MyArray() ReDim MyArray(mycount, 1) usrGLDist.lstOutput.ColumnCount = 2 For i = 0 To rst.Count - 1 MyArray(i, 0) = rst.Value("descr") MyArray(i, 1) = rst.Value("pcamt") rst.MoveNext Next i 'Load ListBox1 usrGLDist.lstOutput.List() = MyArray Richard wrote : > Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both > columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first col...

In Publisher "Help" there is nothing about inserting FOOTNOTES or.
How do you insert footnotes or endnotes in Publisher? Hi pastorcam (pastorcam@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do you insert footnotes or endnotes in Publisher? You need to create them manually. Publisher does not offer footnote/endnote features. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

adding and counting Help!! #2
Just to add, I'd like to sort the dates 2004.10.01 to 2004.10.31 whe doing the sum of dollar amount -- alexm99 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alexm999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27264 alexm999 Wrote: > Just to add, I'd like to sort the dates 2004.10.01 to 2004.10.31 whe > doing the sum of dollar amount. Assuming that dates are true dates... =SUMPRODUCT(--(CodeRange=101),--(AdvertisingRange="TV"),--(TEX...

Outlook 2003 Add-on help
Is there a way, either built-in to Outlook 2003 or through third party software that will display contacts in a alphabetical list when composing a mail message? Specifically, the user wants to be able to select a letter, e.g. "A", "B", "C", etc... when composing a message (when clicking the "To" field in the mail form) that will pull up an alphabetical listing of contacts from the address book. I know this capability resides in OWA, but I have yet to find a solution for Outlook 2003. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan ryan.hopm...

Help: my reminders don't work
Help: I'm running OL 2003 on WinXP pro connected to an exchange server. I run this configuration on both my laptop and my desktop. On my desktop the calendar reminder pop ups and alert sounds don't work but they do on my laptop. As far as I can tell, the configuration is identical. I've tried the /cleanreminders and /resetfolder switches, but the don't make any difference. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond Have you checked your Sounds and Multimedia options on the desktop to ensure that your sounds are working correctly and th...

How to disable "A Program is trying to access Outlook" dialogue box?
After I re-installed Outlook XP, it has started displaying a dialogue box saying "A Program is trying to access Outlook. Do you want to allow access" with Yes/No buttons and if Yes, then to allow access for specified period in minutes, whenever I try to synchronize Outlook with my Palm Pilot addressbook. Is there a way to disable this dialogue, and allow automatic access to Outlook as it was before re-installation? Srini No, you need to go to Palm and get an update. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inse...

Trying to do progress bar
I have a Form with a progress bar and a thread that should update the progress every quarter of a second. The operation being monitored for progress on is a file loading job. So I start off the monitor like this: long currprogress = 0; FileInfo info = new FileInfo(currFile); long maxprogress = info.Length / 100; bool IsMonitoring = true; Thread monitor = new Thread(new ThreadStart(RunMonitor)); monitor.Start(); (the scope of these variables is class level though, just made them local scope for easier reading) Then my RunMonitor method looks like: private void RunMonit...

Change events for all controls on a dialog
Is it possible to have a single method that handles all change notifications to text boxes on a dialog? I want to enable the OK button if any text box changes. The application I am porting to MFC has the following code in its dialog handling procedure: switch ( uMessage ) { case WM_COMMAND: // Enable the OK button only when changes are made if ( GET_WM_COMMAND_CMD( wparam, lparam ) == EN_CHANGE ) { Button_Enable( GetDlgItem( hdlg, IDOK ), TRUE ); break; } switch ( GET_WM_COMMAND_ID( wparam, lparam ) ) { // handle other commands } break; .... It seems that in ...

Hyperlink in my Dialog control
I want my text in a dialog control to behave like a hyperlink in a web page. Is it possible and how(VC 6.0) Thanks I. Lesher http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/hyperlink.asp Here are some examples: http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/HyperlinkStatic.html http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmyhyperlink.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/c/default.aspx (look for CStaticLink) -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lesher" <Lesher@triplebit.com> wrote in message news:uRDIoju#DHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | I want my text in a dialog contr...

Loosing Data-Help needed
Hi All, I have an huge spreadsheet with macros on it, which is continuously updated. Off recently my spreadsheet is loosing the data i.e. I will have 2-3 days old information, all the updates that we made recently is lost. I am saving the spreadsheet every 15-20 mins still it is doing it. Could anyone please help me :confused: . Thank You, Naveen -- neomemphis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neomemphis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33240 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

List Box refer to an array
Hi I need to create a listbox1 within a userform to select one name from a list of names. The list of names varies in length from 3 to 60 people. The list of names starts at B2 and goes down (and varies in number) Can I get it to default to the 'users' name (from Tools>Options...>General)? Do I have to set up a dynamic 1d array when I call up the userform? Kind regards -- Andrew 'The Ox' Heath Brisbane, QLD Australia UserForm1.ListBox1.RowSource = "B2:B" & _ Range("B2").End(xlDown).Row HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message---...

Dialog based problem in vc6
Hi, I am writing an mfc project in vs6 and I have a problem! When I add radio button to my dialog based application and run the application and press that button my application hang, even when I try to run it in the test mode inside visual studio and press that radio button it stack the all environment why?? It append only if I add a radio button for a regular button its all ok! I install sp-6 but it didn't solve the problem. Thanks "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eq14GyguEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am writing an mfc project in ...

Column Sum in Footer
Hi, I have created a Tabular report that lists names and weights for different people. I want to create a stand-alone field in the page footer that will display the SUM of all the weights on the report. Can somebody please help me? (I'm using Access 2000 btw) I have tried creating a text box with the Control Source property set as "=Sum(weight)". However, this just produces an error. Thanks in advance. Julie Smith wrote: >Hi, >I have created a Tabular report that lists names and weights for different >people. I want to create a stand-alone field in the page f...

Help! #12
It repeatedly asks for my network password.And doesnt recognise it when i enter it. I havent changed the password from the original. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it? Do you mean that Outlook keeps asking for your Outlook password? Check CapLocks, etc. I believe Outlook passwords are case specific. "Leslie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c601c496bc$95bd84a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > It repeatedly asks for my network password.And doesnt > recognise it when i enter it. I havent changed the > password from ...

How to group similar column titles together????
I have an excel spreadsheet with 6 column titles as follows: 1st column title = ob1 2nd column title = ob2 3rd column title = ab1 4th column title = ob3 5th column title = ab2 6th column title = ob4 I have about 200 lines of information on each column. I want to run a macro / function on this spreadsheet and my spreadsheet should regroup similar titles together as follows: 1st column title = ob1 2nd column title = ob2 3rd column title = ob3 4th column title = ob4 <blank column> 5th column title = ab1 6th column title = ab2 Can someone think of any way to do this? (A macro ...

Displaying all of the fields for a record chosen in a combo box
I run projects for retail customers. I have a form that allows me to see all of the phases of the project at once. I cannot figure out how to display the entire record of the particular unit on which I am working. Subforms haven't worked as I need to choose from a master list each time. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Ed Owen On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 07:49:02 -0800, Ed3 <Ed3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I run projects for retail customers. I have a form that allows me to see all >of the phases of the project at once. I cannot figure out how to displ...

opening file problem please help
When I click on an Excel file in Windows Explorer, I get the following error message. "a document with the name "filename".xls is already open. You can not open two documents with the same name at the same time". (Clicking ok closes the message and the file opens.) This happens on every Excel file in Explorer. There are no other files open on my p.c. at all. If I open Excel first and open the file I want by clicking the File menu and selecting Open, the file will open with no error message. Other than that the programme works perfectly I'm using Excel 97 and Windo...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

format colors on bar charts by value
I'm working on a Bar chart with 5 bars. What I would like to do is change the color of each bar depending on the number it is graphing. My table is very simple, column A is the data names, column B are the values from 0 to 3. If the value is 1 I would like it to change the color of the bar to red, if it is 2 I'd like it to change to yellow, if it is 3 I'd like it to change to green. Can this be done? Thanks Bill See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "BillC...

Reports Columns Help/Field Name Help
Hello, I wrote in previous to get information on makin a 3 column report w/out Fieldnames repeating. The code worked and it is listed below: If Me.Left < (2 * 1440) Then Me![FirstNameLabel].Visible = True Me![LastNameLabel].Visible = True Me![TitleLabel].Visible = True Me![FirstName].Visible = False Me![LastName].Visible = False Me![Title].Visible = False Me.NextRecord = False Else Me![FirstNameLabel].Visible = False Me![LastNameLabel].Visible = False Me![TitleLabel].Visible = False Me![FirstName].Visible = True Me![LastName].Visible = True Me![Title]...

Help !!!!!! Excel 97 keeps crashing out of my file.
I have a workbook that has been in existance for several years and is continually being developed. After adding some additional graphics I suddenly started to get The Program error Dialog Box : "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created". I've deleted the graphics and I continue to get the error whenever I try to copy to the clipboard. I am running Excel 97 under Windows 2000 on A DEll Latintude 640 laptop. Any one any suggestions as to what has happened and how I can rescue the situation? The...

exchange OWA mzil boxes access rigths
Guys, hello to everyone, who will try you help or just to read this post. Here is my problem. I have started a new job, this company migrated exchange 2000 to 2003. OWA was not working I have modified some to the setting within the IIS; it works now, but......... When I open my mail box at the first time, it asks for password, after I put the password and I am seeing my mail box, I can simply change just the user name part, On the browser and get to entire company e-mail boxes without supplying a password. Looks real cool to be hones I can read everyone's e-mail. What is the way to have OW...

exchange help #2
hi guys, im having a problem on exchange where some boxes can receive mail and others cant, and then other times it gets inverted and the ones that couldnt now can and visa versa any ideas where i can start looking? thx in advance Start by describing your environment. Single 2003 Exchange Server? FE/BE? Outlook 2003 Clients? All mail having problems, or just external? Any error messages in the event logs? What exactly does the client see? David A. Bermingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging Senior Systems Engineer www.steeleye.com squij...@hotmail.com wrote: > hi guys, > im having a probl...

InterOrg Synchro tool
Please help - I need the InterOrg Synchronization Tool for Exch 5.5 - It can be found on the Back Office Resource Kit. I found a download link at Technet but it turned out to be a dead link..."sorry...no longer available" Ay Caramba! Can anyone find a download location for it? ...