Your account does not have access to the forums system.

Well, that certainly didn't take long.

I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.

Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.

http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif

Example...
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c

Go figure...  <LOL>

0
Karl

Karl E. Peterson formulated on Thursday :
> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>
> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>
> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>
> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>
> Example...
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>
> Go figure...  <LOL>

Actually, it was this post that gave me the idea:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/1380bbe7-1a63-4471-93e6-678191bf3586/#3af62191-28b9-4a29-9d4e-e58b5b60df1c

So all I was doing, the way I saw things, was following accepted
practice.  Anyone disagree?  <innocent eyeroll>

0
Karl
6/10/2010 8:35:11 PM
Karl E. Peterson wrote on 6/10/2010 :
> Karl E. Peterson formulated on Thursday :
>> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>>
>> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>>
>> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>>
>> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>>
>> Example...
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>>
>> Go figure...  <LOL>
>
> Actually, it was this post that gave me the idea:
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/1380bbe7-1a63-4471-93e6-678191bf3586/#3af62191-28b9-4a29-9d4e-e58b5b60df1c
>
> So all I was doing, the way I saw things, was following accepted practice.
> Anyone disagree?  <innocent eyeroll>

Why would a user be banned from the Forums?
A user may be banned from Forums for using abusive language in posts,
display names, using an abusive avatar, or spamming, among other
undesirable activities. Each case is considered carefully and a user is
generally banned only if there is no other recourse, or the abusive
action is repeated and blatant.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#197

Huh.  Well, I'm not sure how any of that applies...

0
Karl
6/10/2010 8:43:06 PM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> skrev i meddelelsen
> Karl E. Peterson formulated on Thursday :
>> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>>
>> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>>
>> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>>
>> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>>
>> Example...
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>>
>> Go figure...  <LOL>
>
> Actually, it was this post that gave me the idea:
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/1380bbe7-1a63-4471-93e6-678191bf3586/#3af62191-28b9-4a29-9d4e-e58b5b60df1c
>
> So all I was doing, the way I saw things, was following accepted practice.
> Anyone disagree?  <innocent eyeroll>

 Those moderators are young people --  the others too.
It's not only on forums and internet one meets arrogance to an
extend of sickness. In this country where I live, it's dangerous walking
on the pavement. Where speed-limits are 30 miles/hour, they come racing at
80 miles/hour. Even in winter with ice/snow cover. While servicing their
mobile behind the wheel. It's not a few - it's all.
But, welcome on board, Carl.
Same happend for me on social.expression. Doesn't matter in my case at all.
But serious for the vb petition.
Did you ever visit the "virtual pc guy". Were there and read some of his
answers. One goes like this.:
Sorry, I can't answer you question or help you, as you have showned
profanity. He had posted a script to drive the disc-drive. A visitor was a
bit -just a little bit - flamish that no comment followed on installing
the script.
A typical MSFT I concluded.
/se

/se

0
senn
6/10/2010 9:35:45 PM
Karl E. Peterson pretended :
> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>
> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>
> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>
> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/3f138181-28a6-4916-9d7d-e7023a899479

0
Karl
6/10/2010 10:47:38 PM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
> Karl E. Peterson pretended :
>> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>>
>> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>>
>> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>>
>> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif

> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/3f138181-28a6-4916-9d7d-e7023a899479

At the top of that page is another reason to dislike forums...

The Forums, Profile, and Search sites will be undergoing system maintenance
on June 10, 2010 from 3:00PM to 6:00PM (PDT). During this time, you may see
occasional errors, point updates and alerts may be delayed. We thank you for
your patience.

Equal to: Sorry but we have to suspend NNTP for system maintenance...

/Henning

0
Henning
6/10/2010 11:09:40 PM
Henning pretended :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
>> Karl E. Peterson pretended :
>>> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>>>
>>> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>>>
>>> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>>>
>>> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif

>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/3f138181-28a6-4916-9d7d-e7023a899479
>>

> At the top of that page is another reason to dislike forums...
>
> The Forums, Profile, and Search sites will be undergoing system maintenance
> on June 10, 2010 from 3:00PM to 6:00PM (PDT). During this time, you may see
> occasional errors, point updates and alerts may be delayed. We thank you for
> your patience.
>
> Equal to: Sorry but we have to suspend NNTP for system maintenance...

Yeah, that made me chuckle, too.  I honestly don't see why folks put up
with it.

0
Karl
6/10/2010 11:44:11 PM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
: Well, that certainly didn't take long.
:
: I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.

You knew that was going to happen eventually.  You can only point out the
flaws of the host for so long before they nazi you out of there.

: Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
:
: http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif

OMFG!!!  I am *SO* sorry I missed that.  Classic.

: Example...
:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
:

The banner I see on your sig via that link is the VBA7 banner.  :\

On your behalf, I replied:

And so your quest for dingleballs has started.  So sad.  Has it really come
down to demanding someone else do such a thing for additional dingleballs
underneath you?
Methinks you have not earned enough balls to ask for such a favour.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk!  Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

on 6/10/2010, C. Kevin Provance supposed :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>>
>> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>
> You knew that was going to happen eventually.  You can only point out the
> flaws of the host for so long before they nazi you out of there.

Yeah, but I hate it when the line snaps before I even get a good look
at what fish took the bait. <bg>

>> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>>
>> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>
> OMFG!!!  I am *SO* sorry I missed that.  Classic.

Couldn't resist.  :-)

>> Example...
>>
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>
> The banner I see on your sig via that link is the VBA7 banner.  :\

Yeah, I've started a few new threads of the "I've been banned!"
variety, so I had to give a little more line in order to have hopes of
setting another hook.

Oh, and guess what?  There *are* highly active French and Spanish VB6
forums on that server!  It's just the English speaking customers
they're telling to GO POUND SAND!

Here's a VB6 forum in French:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/vb6fr/threads

Here's a VB5/6 forum in Spanish:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/vb56es/threads

0
Karl
6/11/2010 12:41:00 AM
C. Kevin Provance wrote on 6/10/2010 :
> On your behalf, I replied:
>
> And so your quest for dingleballs has started.  So sad.  Has it really come
> down to demanding someone else do such a thing for additional dingleballs
> underneath you?
> Methinks you have not earned enough balls to ask for such a favour.

Well, c'mon man, it /was/ mockery, eh?

But hey, a guy really needs a nice pair, dontcha think?  That single
dangler just didn't do much for me, and I was so close! <vbg>

0
Karl
6/11/2010 12:42:44 AM
Karl E. Peterson formulated on Thursday :
> C. Kevin Provance wrote on 6/10/2010 :
>> On your behalf, I replied:
>>
>> And so your quest for dingleballs has started.  So sad.  Has it really come
>> down to demanding someone else do such a thing for additional dingleballs
>> underneath you?
>> Methinks you have not earned enough balls to ask for such a favour.
>
> Well, c'mon man, it /was/ mockery, eh?
>
> But hey, a guy really needs a nice pair, dontcha think?  That single dangler
> just didn't do much for me, and I was so close! <vbg>

LOL!  Ohhhhkay, I see what you meant, now.  Know what?  That guy is
apparently free to ask for dingleball votes.  As are others.  That's my
justification for the banner that rotated through, as I see it.  Hell,
more than my justification, that was my inspiration!
Bwaaahaahahahahaaaa...

Btw, as you'll see, just because they "banned" my account, does not
mean I lost access. <g>

0
Karl
6/11/2010 12:47:36 AM
: LOL!  Ohhhhkay, I see what you meant, now.  Know what?  That guy is
: apparently free to ask for dingleball votes.  As are others.  That's my
: justification for the banner that rotated through, as I see it.  Hell,
: more than my justification, that was my inspiration!
: Bwaaahaahahahahaaaa...

: Btw, as you'll see, just because they "banned" my account, does not
: mean I lost access. <g>

I suppose it depends on the design of their system.  With MediaWiki (what
most reputable wikis use), one can be banned either by username and/or IP.
If MSFT decied to ban your IP, you'll need to get creative.  I have
suggestions for you if it comes to that.  If it's good enough to circumvent
wikis and irc, it should be good enough for MSFT's excuse for a forum.  <eg>

--

C. Kevin Provance wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> LOL!  Ohhhhkay, I see what you meant, now.  Know what?  That guy is
>> apparently free to ask for dingleball votes.  As are others.  That's my
>> justification for the banner that rotated through, as I see it.  Hell,
>> more than my justification, that was my inspiration!
>> Bwaaahaahahahahaaaa...
>
>> Btw, as you'll see, just because they "banned" my account, does not
>> mean I lost access. <g>
>
> I suppose it depends on the design of their system.  With MediaWiki (what
> most reputable wikis use), one can be banned either by username and/or IP.
> If MSFT decied to ban your IP, you'll need to get creative.  I have
> suggestions for you if it comes to that.  If it's good enough to circumvent
> wikis and irc, it should be good enough for MSFT's excuse for a forum.  <eg>

They use pissport. <g>  And, they couldn't ban my IP without banning
lots and lots of other customers, either.  I think I'm covered, for now
at least.  But ya just never know, I suppose.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Karl
6/11/2010 1:10:38 AM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote

> Why would a user be banned from the Forums?
> A user may be banned from Forums for using abusive language in posts,
> display names, using an abusive avatar, or spamming, among other
> undesirable activities. Each case is considered carefully and a user is
> generally banned only if there is no other recourse, or the abusive
> action is repeated and blatant.
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#197
>
> Huh.  Well, I'm not sure how any of that applies...

C'mon Karl...

You're not anything if not blatant!

<g>
LFS

0
Larry
6/11/2010 1:27:06 AM
Larry Serflaten explained :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote
>
>> Why would a user be banned from the Forums?
>> A user may be banned from Forums for using abusive language in posts,
>> display names, using an abusive avatar, or spamming, among other
>> undesirable activities. Each case is considered carefully and a user is
>> generally banned only if there is no other recourse, or the abusive
>> action is repeated and blatant.
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help#197
>>
>> Huh.  Well, I'm not sure how any of that applies...
>

> C'mon Karl...
>
> You're not anything if not blatant!
>
> <g>
> LFS

I just wanted another dingleball...  <sniff>

0
Karl
6/11/2010 1:31:10 AM
Hi Karl,

Karl E. Peterson schrieb:

> Oh, and guess what?  There *are* highly active French and Spanish VB6
> forums on that server!  It's just the English speaking customers they're
> telling to GO POUND SAND!
>
> Here's a VB6 forum in French:
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/vb6fr/threads
>
> Here's a VB5/6 forum in Spanish:
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/vb56es/threads

Glad to see you found those. I used the existence of those to plea for a
VB6 german forum. We have it now, although under the misleading title

"Visual Basic 6.0 - Interoperabilit�t und Upgrade"

named after the english forum

"Visual Basic Interop and Upgrade"

However the chartas differ:

"Diskutieren Sie hier Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6)-Themen oder besprechen Sie,
wie Sie Ihre Anwendung von VB6 zu VB.NET migrieren k�nnen."

roughly translated to

"Discuss Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6)-themes or discuss how to migrate your
application from VB6 to VB.NET".

In opposite the english forum charta:

"Discuss how to do upgrades of VB6 code to VB.NET. Covers questions on
interop features, Interop Forms Toolkit, Upgrade wizard, but NOT for
questions about VB6."

See the difference?

Ongoing efforts try to switch at least forum naming.

German VB6 forum link:

<http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/vbklassikde/threads>

Note the vbklassikde part :-)

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
0
Ulrich
6/11/2010 1:35:30 AM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote

> >> Here's a VB6 forum in French:
> >> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/vb6fr/threads
> >>
> >> Here's a VB5/6 forum in Spanish:
> >> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/vb56es/threads
> >
> > Those miserable bastards.  They would have to start giving MVPs for classic
> > VB, wouldn't they?  And they don't want to do that.
>
> Tell it to the horse: steveb@microsoft.com  :-)

I would send off an email if I thought I might actually use an english
forum.  But adding a similar forum for english speakers just isn't
a remedy for the mess they've created....

LFS

0
Larry
6/11/2010 1:38:15 AM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
: > C'mon Karl...
: >
: > You're not anything if not blatant!
: >
: > <g>
: > LFS
:
: I just wanted another dingleball...  <sniff>

I sympathize.  Every man is entitled to a pair of dingleballs.

--

Ulrich Korndoerfer wrote:
>> Here's a VB6 forum in French:
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/vb6fr/threads
>>
>> Here's a VB5/6 forum in Spanish:
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/vb56es/threads
>
> Glad to see you found those.

I was too.  It helped me shame a few folks in Redmond who told me there
wouldn't be any VB6 forums at all.  I could say, "See, they lied to
you, too!"

> I used the existence of those to plea for a VB6
> german forum. We have it now, although under the misleading title
>
> "Visual Basic 6.0 - Interoperabilit�t und Upgrade"
>
> named after the english forum
>
> "Visual Basic Interop and Upgrade"

Interesting!

> However the chartas differ:
>
> "Diskutieren Sie hier Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6)-Themen oder besprechen Sie, wie
> Sie Ihre Anwendung von VB6 zu VB.NET migrieren k�nnen."
>
> roughly translated to
>
> "Discuss Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6)-themes or discuss how to migrate your
> application from VB6 to VB.NET".
>
> In opposite the english forum charta:
>
> "Discuss how to do upgrades of VB6 code to VB.NET. Covers questions on
> interop features, Interop Forms Toolkit, Upgrade wizard, but NOT for
> questions about VB6."
>
> See the difference?

Oh yeah!  Big effin difference!

> Ongoing efforts try to switch at least forum naming.
>
> German VB6 forum link:
>
> <http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/vbklassikde/threads>
>
> Note the vbklassikde part :-)

I like that.  I like that A LOT!  :-D

Thanks...   Karl

--
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Karl
6/11/2010 1:52:05 AM
C. Kevin Provance wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> C'mon Karl...
>>>
>>> You're not anything if not blatant!
>>>
>>> <g>
>>> LFS
>>
>> I just wanted another dingleball...  <sniff>
>
> I sympathize.  Every man is entitled to a pair of dingleballs.

Truer words...

--
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Karl
6/11/2010 2:14:53 AM
Larry Serflaten wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote

>>> Those miserable bastards.  They would have to start giving MVPs for classic
>>> VB, wouldn't they?  And they don't want to do that.
>>
>> Tell it to the horse: steveb@microsoft.com  :-)
>
> I would send off an email if I thought I might actually use an english
> forum.  But adding a similar forum for english speakers just isn't
> a remedy for the mess they've created....

Oh, I agree with that.  It'd take away some of the "outlaw" aspect,
too.  What fun would that be?

The more I play in the forums, the more I'm convinced I'll be here on
usenet until it really is shot and killed for good.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Karl
6/11/2010 2:16:34 AM
Larry Serflaten wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote

>>> Those miserable bastards.  They would have to start giving MVPs for classic
>>> VB, wouldn't they?  And they don't want to do that.
>>
>> Tell it to the horse: steveb@microsoft.com  :-)
>
> I would send off an email if I thought I might actually use an english
> forum.  But adding a similar forum for english speakers just isn't
> a remedy for the mess they've created....

Oh, I agree with that.  It'd take away some of the "outlaw" aspect,
too.  What fun would that be?

The more I play in the forums, the more I'm convinced I'll be here on
usenet until it really is shot and killed for good.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Karl
6/11/2010 2:20:07 AM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
: > Note the vbklassikde part :-)
:
: I like that.  I like that A LOT!  :-D
:

If memory serves, wasn't it you who coined the "VB Classic" term?  I think
MSFT owes you some royalties on that, if so.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk!  Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

Ulrich Korndoerfer laid this down on his screen :
> Hi,
>
> C. Kevin Provance schrieb:
>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> : Oh, and guess what?  There *are* highly active French and Spanish VB6
>> : forums on that server!  It's just the English speaking customers
>> : they're telling to GO POUND SAND!
>> :
>> : Here's a VB6 forum in French:
>> : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/fr-FR/vb6fr/threads
>> :
>> : Here's a VB5/6 forum in Spanish:
>> : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/es-ES/vb56es/threads
>>

>> Whoa, whoa...hold on.  MSFT setup up VB6 forums, specifically for the frogs
>> and the mexis?  But refuse to give the country of their fucking origin a
>> proper VB6 forum?  WTF is up with that?  Is there some political motive
>> behind that decision?
>
> Perhaps because those frogs and mexis asked? Germans have a VB6 forum too.
> May be because those german nazis still are alive?

http://www.funnyforumpics.com//forums/WTF/1/WTF-Army_radio.jpg  <gd&r>

To be fair, a few English speaking folks have asked, as well.

0
Karl
6/11/2010 2:25:06 AM
C. Kevin Provance wrote on 6/10/2010 :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Note the vbklassikde part :-)
>>
>> I like that.  I like that A LOT!  :-D
>>

> If memory serves, wasn't it you who coined the "VB Classic" term?  I think
> MSFT owes you some royalties on that, if so.

I'm holding out for their offer on www.classicvb.net  ;-)

0
Karl
6/11/2010 2:25:39 AM
:
: I'm holding out for their offer on www.classicvb.net  ;-)
:

Is that to say, they have made a previous offer, which would have been a
lowball offer?  If so, I wonder why they want that URL so bad?  When I
registered aoladdons.com, AOL's lawyers threatened me in all kinds of ways
to relinquish the domain, only offering me what I paid to register it for
the three years I had left on it.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk!  Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

"Ulrich Korndoerfer" <ulrich_wants_nospam@prosource.de> wrote in message
:
: Ok, I am reacting quite allergic on discrimination, although I try *not*
: to be political correct :-).
:
: On the other side, may be that for americans frogs and mexis are just
: funny names. We germans have some too ;-) But at least a spanish ng is
: for spanish (nationwise) people, not for spanish speaking people.

::sigh::

I'm not discriminating.  If I had been, I would have used a much more
unpolitically correct terms for both folks.  For the record, I am a French
(Provance, duh!), German, British mutt.  So I break balls on my own hertiage
when I can.  I pick on Americans just the same (you know, the yanks) as I am
far more British in my mannerism than anything else.

Put another way, I pick on everyone, regardless of race, gender,
nationality, sex, etc,etc.  After putting up with by rants for all these
years, you should know that by now.  <g>

The only folks I truly despise, besides the .Nxt evangelists are the
numbwits who use stupid nicknames on Usenet, instead of their real identity.
There is *no* reason for that except to hide...and most only do that to be
anonymous cowards.  And so that segues back to "eternal september".  F'ing
AOL.

--

C. Kevin Provance schrieb:
> "Ulrich Korndoerfer" <ulrich_wants_nospam@prosource.de> wrote in message
> :
> : Ok, I am reacting quite allergic on discrimination, although I try *not*
> : to be political correct :-).
> :
> : On the other side, may be that for americans frogs and mexis are just
> : funny names. We germans have some too ;-) But at least a spanish ng is
> : for spanish (nationwise) people, not for spanish speaking people.
>
> ::sigh::
>
> I'm not discriminating.  If I had been, I would have used a much more
> unpolitically correct terms for both folks.  For the record, I am a French
> (Provance, duh!), German, British mutt.  So I break balls on my own hertiage
> when I can.  I pick on Americans just the same (you know, the yanks) as I am
> far more British in my mannerism than anything else.
>
> Put another way, I pick on everyone, regardless of race, gender,
> nationality, sex, etc,etc.  After putting up with by rants for all these
> years, you should know that by now.  <g>
>
> The only folks I truly despise, besides the .Nxt evangelists are the
> numbwits who use stupid nicknames on Usenet, instead of their real identity.
> There is *no* reason for that except to hide...and most only do that to be
> anonymous cowards.  And so that segues back to "eternal september".  F'ing
> AOL.

Thanks for your clarification (or justification?). I am not a native
english speaker.

Your rants did not reveal your background. They are sometimes annoying,
generating noise (IMHO) in this NG. Although others do so too. :-)

I appreciate your answer, especially because you took it for granted
(::sigh::), that everyone here knows you in depth :-)

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
0
Ulrich
6/11/2010 3:19:39 AM
Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org> wrote in

> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>
> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>
> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so
> well.
>
> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>
> Example...
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thre
> ad/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-
> b034-1ed658d6e87c
>
> Go figure...  <LOL>

Is that the forum recommended for 'VB' users ?

So there's no distinction made between VBc and VB.xxx ?

How lame. (And again....no hierarchy so I don't know who
replying to whom.)
0
DanS
6/11/2010 11:36:18 AM
"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote

> If memory serves, wasn't it you who coined the "VB Classic" term?  I think
> MSFT owes you some royalties on that, if so.

The way I remember it was that I was the first to combine those two terms
back in the OffRamp in the DevX newsgroups.  Then a while later some guy
came around and said he was the first to use it but the dated posts showed
he wasn't first in the forums.

That was so many years ago now, and as far as I know, the OffRamp was
never archived, so its impossible to prove one way or another....

LFS

0
Larry
6/11/2010 11:58:49 AM
Ulrich Korndoerfer was thinking very hard :
>>> May be because those german nazis still are alive?
>>
>> http://www.funnyforumpics.com//forums/WTF/1/WTF-Army_radio.jpg  <gd&r>
>
> WTF: is that the point?

Heh, yeah, sorry about that.  I needed to find a fairly inoffensive way
of posting that to the forums, and saw that.  I'd actually just
included it there, came over here, and see you'd posted about the
Nazis, and, well...  Just seemed like some sort of cosmic coincidence.
<g>

> Ok, I am reacting quite allergic on discrimination, although I try *not* to
> be political correct :-).

Point on your side!  :-)

> On the other side, may be that for americans frogs and mexis are just funny
> names. We germans have some too ;-) But at least a spanish ng is for spanish
> (nationwise) people, not for spanish speaking people.

It used to be very common here, back in the days of Archie Bunker, but
not really anymore.  I don't take offense on behalf of others, but I
see no reason to be offensive either. <shrug>

>> To be fair, a few English speaking folks have asked, as well.
>
> Did not doubt that, however it was not made public.

The requests?  Or an actual new group?

0
Karl
6/11/2010 5:13:07 PM
C. Kevin Provance formulated on Thursday :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote...
>>
>> I'm holding out for their offer on www.classicvb.net  ;-)
>
> Is that to say, they have made a previous offer, which would have been a
> lowball offer?  If so, I wonder why they want that URL so bad?

Ah, sorry for that impression, no.  They haven't.  I really doubt they
will.  Not while Ballmer's still there.

> When I
> registered aoladdons.com, AOL's lawyers threatened me in all kinds of ways
> to relinquish the domain, only offering me what I paid to register it for
> the three years I had left on it.

I actually expect to hear from Coke's lawyers before Microsoft's. <g>

0
Karl
6/11/2010 5:15:27 PM
Larry Serflaten used his keyboard to write :
> "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote
>
>> If memory serves, wasn't it you who coined the "VB Classic" term?  I think
>> MSFT owes you some royalties on that, if so.
>
> The way I remember it was that I was the first to combine those two terms
> back in the OffRamp in the DevX newsgroups.  Then a while later some guy
> came around and said he was the first to use it but the dated posts showed
> he wasn't first in the forums.
>
> That was so many years ago now, and as far as I know, the OffRamp was
> never archived, so its impossible to prove one way or another....

I don't honestly recall where I first heard it.  But I certainly liked
it, and have done my best to help propogate it!

0
Karl
6/11/2010 5:18:09 PM
DanS used his keyboard to write :
>> Example...
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>>
>> Go figure...  <LOL>
>
> Is that the forum recommended for 'VB' users ?
>
> So there's no distinction made between VBc and VB.xxx ?
>
> How lame. (And again....no hierarchy so I don't know who
> replying to whom.)

Totally lame.  They're backpedalling fast, saying now that they didn't
mean to invite us over there.  And really, the message was supposed to
be "GTFO!"  Too late. <eg>

0
Karl
6/11/2010 5:20:20 PM
Karl E. Peterson schrieb:

>>> To be fair, a few English speaking folks have asked, as well.
>>
>> Did not doubt that, however it was not made public.
>
> The requests?  Or an actual new group?

The request to open up a new VB6 MS forum. In microsoft.public.de.vb
there was a discussion about the missing VB6 forum for germans and
wether there should be made efforts to establish one.

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
0
Ulrich
6/11/2010 5:41:19 PM
Ulrich Korndoerfer explained on 6/11/2010 :

>>> Did not doubt that, however it was not made public.
>>
>> The requests?  Or an actual new group?
>
> The request to open up a new VB6 MS forum. In microsoft.public.de.vb there
> was a discussion about the missing VB6 forum for germans and wether there
> should be made efforts to establish one.

So you think discussing it publicly on the newsgroups mattered?  That's
interesting.  Microsoft has actively avoided this group for years!

0
Karl
6/11/2010 5:49:32 PM

> The request to open up a new VB6 MS forum. In
> microsoft.public.de.vb there was a discussion about
> the missing VB6 forum for germans and wether there
> should be made efforts to establish one.

Actually, as far as Micro$oft is concerned, you're quite fortunate in
Germany. At least when you pay Microsoft's exorbitant prices for a German
copy of Windows it does actually use the German language. Here in England we
are not so fortunate. They rip us off just the same for what they pretend is
an English version of windows, but it is just a lie, they are ripping us off
for no cost whatsoever to themselves, it is all in American!

Mike

0
Mike
6/11/2010 6:21:32 PM
Hi Karl,

Karl E. Peterson schrieb:
> Ulrich Korndoerfer explained on 6/11/2010 :

>>> The requests?  Or an actual new group?
>>
>> The request to open up a new VB6 MS forum. In microsoft.public.de.vb
>> there was a discussion about the missing VB6 forum for germans and
>> wether there should be made efforts to establish one.
>
> So you think discussing it publicly on the newsgroups mattered?  That's
> interesting.  Microsoft has actively avoided this group for years!

I do not believe that it helped much to convince MS to establish a VB6
forum. However it helped to see wether the people in
microsoft.public.de.vb are interested in such a forum.

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
0
Ulrich
6/11/2010 8:19:28 PM
:
: I do not believe that it helped much to convince MS to establish a VB6
: forum. However it helped to see wether the people in
: microsoft.public.de.vb are interested in such a forum.

Does Germany fall under the EU?  If so, MSFT doesn't like to piss those
folks off.  Maybe they give everyone on the other side of the pond special
attention as not to get bitch slapped with more fines?

--

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:15:27 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org>
wrote:

>C. Kevin Provance formulated on Thursday :
>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote...
>>>
>>> I'm holding out for their offer on www.classicvb.net  ;-)
>>
>> Is that to say, they have made a previous offer, which would have been a
>> lowball offer?  If so, I wonder why they want that URL so bad?
>
>Ah, sorry for that impression, no.  They haven't.  I really doubt they
>will.  Not while Ballmer's still there.
>
>> When I
>> registered aoladdons.com, AOL's lawyers threatened me in all kinds of ways
>> to relinquish the domain, only offering me what I paid to register it for
>> the three years I had left on it.
>
>I actually expect to hear from Coke's lawyers before Microsoft's. <g>

To this day I believe Randy Birch would have a pretty good case for
copyright infringement against MS for essentially pirating "vbnet"
(despite the dot that distinguishes the two ID's). All dependent, of
course, on Randy having the financial resources for what would no
doubt prove to be a *very* protracted journey through the legal
system.
Then again, I'm not a lawyer so I could just be full of it!

RW
0
RW
6/11/2010 8:50:12 PM
After serious thinking RW wrote :
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:15:27 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>> C. Kevin Provance formulated on Thursday :
>>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote...

>>> Is that to say, they have made a previous offer, which would have been a
>>> lowball offer?  If so, I wonder why they want that URL so bad?
>>
>> Ah, sorry for that impression, no.  They haven't.  I really doubt they
>> will.  Not while Ballmer's still there.
>>
>>> When I
>>> registered aoladdons.com, AOL's lawyers threatened me in all kinds of ways
>>> to relinquish the domain, only offering me what I paid to register it for
>>> the three years I had left on it.
>>
>> I actually expect to hear from Coke's lawyers before Microsoft's. <g>
>>
> To this day I believe Randy Birch would have a pretty good case for
> copyright infringement against MS for essentially pirating "vbnet"
> (despite the dot that distinguishes the two ID's). All dependent, of
> course, on Randy having the financial resources for what would no
> doubt prove to be a *very* protracted journey through the legal
> system.
> Then again, I'm not a lawyer so I could just be full of it!

I'll bet if he wanted to pursue it, there'd be a legal team just
itching to do it on contingency. <g>

0
Karl
6/11/2010 9:34:59 PM
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:34:59 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org>
wrote:

>After serious thinking RW wrote :
>> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:15:27 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> C. Kevin Provance formulated on Thursday :

>>> Ah, sorry for that impression, no.  They haven't.  I really doubt they
>>> will.  Not while Ballmer's still there.

>>> I actually expect to hear from Coke's lawyers before Microsoft's. <g>
>>>
>> To this day I believe Randy Birch would have a pretty good case for
>> copyright infringement against MS for essentially pirating "vbnet"
>> (despite the dot that distinguishes the two ID's). All dependent, of
>> course, on Randy having the financial resources for what would no
>> doubt prove to be a *very* protracted journey through the legal
>> system.
>> Then again, I'm not a lawyer so I could just be full of it!
>
>I'll bet if he wanted to pursue it, there'd be a legal team just
>itching to do it on contingency. <g>

True dat! : ^ D
And I'd go "all in" that were the circumstances reversed MS's legal
team long ago would have sent Randy "cease and desist or else"
letters.

RW
0
RW
6/13/2010 4:19:14 PM
"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten@gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen

> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> wrote

>> > Those miserable bastards.  They would have to start giving MVPs for
>> > classic
>> > VB, wouldn't they?  And they don't want to do that.
>>
>> Tell it to the horse: steveb@microsoft.com  :-)

Or the ditcher.
Just about the same, except that a horse is an
animal hopefully loved by everybody. That's not the case with
this labourer.
But my question; you posted the address to this ditcher.
Do you expect others to do what you don't want to do yourself ?.
Or *did* you write ?.
/se

> I would send off an email if I thought I might actually use an english
> forum.  But adding a similar forum for english speakers just isn't
> a remedy for the mess they've created....
>
> LFS

0
senn
6/13/2010 5:51:10 PM
senn explained on 6/13/2010 :
> But my question; you posted the address to this ditcher.
> Do you expect others to do what you don't want to do yourself ?.
> Or *did* you write ?.

Steve (and/or his handlers) know me well enough that what I write to
him doesn't carry the day very often.  But I have managed to get him to
change his mind on a few occassions by getting several thousands of his
customers to also write along with me.  :-)

0
Karl
6/14/2010 7:52:46 PM
: Steve (and/or his handlers) know me well enough that what I write to
: him doesn't carry the day very often.  But I have managed to get him to
: change his mind on a few occassions by getting several thousands of his
: customers to also write along with me.  :-)
:

Which we do happily!

--

On 10/06/2010 21:28, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>
> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>
> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>
> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>
> Example...
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>

> Go figure... <LOL>

 From that post:
>> your question does not belongs here.
>
> Curious, were you elected net nanny?
>
> Or just took it upon yourself?

Isn't that EXACTLY what we do with off topic questions here?
Why can we (non elected regulars) do it in our "domain" but they can't
in theirs?

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
0
Dee
6/17/2010 8:17:51 AM
Dee Earley submitted this idea :
> On 10/06/2010 21:28, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> Well, that certainly didn't take long.
>>
>> I've been kicked out of the "social" forums.
>>
>> Apparently, the last banner I rotated too didn't sit so well.
>>
>> http://vb.mvps.org/images/forumbanner3.gif
>>
>> Example...
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/e1b94be4-b991-4419-a274-aa3a04e617e3/#edcafc18-bb95-4f7f-b034-1ed658d6e87c
>>

>> Go figure... <LOL>
>
>  From that post:
>>> your question does not belongs here.
>>
>> Curious, were you elected net nanny?
>>
>> Or just took it upon yourself?
>
> Isn't that EXACTLY what we do with off topic questions here?
> Why can we (non elected regulars) do it in our "domain" but they can't in
> theirs?

Just couldn't help myself. <bg>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Karl

External PRogram Access
I am using a trading program that will send me email alerts. However, every time it tries to send the alert, I get "an external program is trying to access Outlook...." Is there a way to allow access, so I don't have to be at my pc when the alerts are sent? You may want to look at "ClickYes" other options http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015c01c3b05a$81d326f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am using a trading program that will send me email > alerts. However, every t...

Can't create an account to account relationship in the account ent
Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Can you not have duplicate relationships? Thanks in advance for the clarification. > Is this because the default (Parent Account) relationship already exists? Yes. > Can you not have duplicate relationships? Yes, you cannot have duplicate relationships in this manner. To do this you need to use the Relationships/Relationship Roles functionality, where you can pretty much do any kind of relationship between clients (ie accounts and contacts.) HTH, R. "GoodByeGoldmine" wrote: > Is this beca...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone
I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL. There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone, so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user account. One way I have considered tackling this is to ...

Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting
We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees. Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for anything and immediately attempt to delete it. Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I should look at to find what is causing this large pause? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Re Label Accounts Field
Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. Organization, or Business? You can rename the 'account' entity to be 'Business'. Organization is a reserved word in CRM (there is already an orgainzation object) so it's off-limits. Dave "Owais" <Owais @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25767F85-513C-40F7-A82F-F0E5A627D9FF@microsoft.com... > Anybody know how to change the Accounts field label to something else e.g. > Organization, or Business? ...

Is there a way to write image metadata from Access?
I am writing an Access 2000 application for an international photographic competition. For digital image entries (normally TIFF or JPEG), I would like to be able to write an EntryID number into the image metadata. Does anyone here have any idea how I might be able to achieve this? I'm guessing that the metadata would have to be written by some third-party software, initiated by VBA code attached to an Access form. David ...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Cannot access mailboxes with OWA
I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Exchange 5.5 resides in a NT 4 member server box. This is a NT 4 Domain no active directory. When I try to log in it pops the user name and password right back. I look at the event log on the OWA server and it tells me that it is the wrong user name and password which is not true. I have adjusted the local policy for users to log on locally but that has not worked. Any ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I installed Outlook web access on a windows 2000 member server, Ex...

How best to backup an Access database
OK, reading here I saw someone has lost his database and there was talk about backup. What I'm doing for backup is ever so often, I copy/ paste a copy of my .mdb file. I have automatic backup software that then backs that up offsite. Should I create something that exports the data in the tables and use that as a backup or am I doing enough? What so people do to backup their access applications? On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:32:36 -0800 (PST), MikeB <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote: Per best practices you have a split database, with a front-end (most likely MDE) on each workstattion, and a bac...

Forwarding email to an external account
If I want to foreward email coming into my exchange account to a personal account such as hotmail for example, how can this be done? In Active Directory Users and Computer, you look at the User's Properties, you look under the "Exchange General" Tab, you look at the "delivery option", you see "forwarding address", you say "ha, ha!" and do some jiggy dance :) I only do this for ex-employees for 30 days at the request of HR. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorro...

Exchange 2003 Admin w/o ability to gain service acct access & read other users' mail?
I recently installed/configured an Exchange 2003 server for my organization. Upon completion they removed me from the Administrators group so that I would not be able to read other users' email. Although this right is disabled by default, MS has left a couple backdoors so admins can grant themselves Service Account access and read other users' mailboxes. See: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821897 MS Reasoning appears to be, "Just don't do it" -- which is not enough to satisfy my company principals. They are uncomfortable with even the possibility that I *could* add se...

Opening Forms based on Combo Box Selection (Access 2007)
I am creating a database in which people in 10 different regions will enter information into forms for facilities in their respective regions. I'd like the users to open the database, select their region from a combo box and click an "open form" command button that will open all the records/forms in their region (right now, the forms only have the facility name and address information entered). How do I link the command button function to the combo box? I'd like to learn to do this using the embedded macro function because I am not very familiar with VBA coding....

Access to News groups disappears after first use and exiting.
Have used OE for a number of years for email and News Group access. Thought I might experiment and then switch to Outlook. Set it up, and, received reply on the test. I know it was working. Then tried to set up newsgroups. Followed directions as outlined in help. Last direction was to drag News to "Go". Finished ... went to go and selected News. All the News Groups I had earlier setup in OE came up. Played around looking at some posts. Then exited. Then when I went back to Go, News was no longer there. Completely disappeared. I am using Outlook 2003. Actually recopied a "Gh...

SQL database connections and access from multiple clients
How many concurrent connections can SQL Express 2008 support ? I have a situation where 10,000 clients need to access and update SQL Express database. Is it ok that all the clients directly connects to SQL express and update the database ? What issues can come up in the scenario ? OR is it advised that we write a database access layer(component) which takes care of updating the database and all clients access this components for reading or writing ? regards, Thomas Thomas I think there is no limit concurrent connections for SQL Express 2008 We have some applications that han...

Problem configuring Outlook 2007 w/ job email account
I recently installed Outlook 2007 to my laptop (which uses Vista). Upon trying to "setup" Outlook a small box appeared in the upper left corner of the screen which stated "configuring outlook accounts." A box appeared asking for "Microsoft Exchange Server" and "mailbox." I was not sure as to what to enter so I entered "dss.sc.gov" (which is everything listed after the "@" in my job email address) for the server and my name for mailbox. I then received the following error message: "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is ...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

Pivot Table in Excel not reading Access Query
I use Access link to a SQL server database and then run queries in Access. I wanted to do a Pivot Table in Excel because of other users able in the office. I can't get Excel to import or even show one of the queries in Access where I use MonthName to get the month's name and not a number. If I use the month's number, all is well. It is not a big deal just wondering why it won't work. Is there a way to change the number to a name in Excel's Pivot Table as I can' get =Text(cell,"MMMM") to work in the calculated field. Thanks for any help. Lee ...

Convert Lead > Account-Contact-Opportunity Error
Hi, I have several leads opened. If I create a new one it will work "but" especially with this ONE lead I don't get it, I convert it either to Account - Contacts or Opportunity and gives me the following error. I repeat this is only for this one. I tried to close reopen change settings etc... Still not working. Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80042F09. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80042F09 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 10-2...

Multiple Email Accounts
I have three email accounts. I can only send message from one - some sort of automatic default. How can I select (with each email), what account I want to use to send a message? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

cannot add users or remove restricted access mode
I made an upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. When I try to remove the "restricted access mode" from a user or add a new user from the domain I get an error message when I click to save the change. here is an error message which is quite similar to what I get (my original error message is in German - posted it too down below): ___________________________________________________________________________= __________________ Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to...

Turn off Autogenerate account description
I found out there isn't a way to turn off the autogenerate account description through Customer Source. I would like to add this as a suggestion for future release where I can click a button and it'll not autogenerate the account description for me. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't work for my intent. I understand that the autogenerate account description comes from the account segment list, however, my account segment list doesn't do the account description any justice b/c I have 5 segments, and the names can be long, so GP will truncate it, but not where I wan...

Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services
Title: Accountants online, Online accountants, Accountancy services Accountants online is an entirely new concept which harnesses the power of outsourcing and international website development. we can offer a broad range of web, print, bookkeeping, news report and accountancy services, as well as options to regularly update your customers via emails, Search Engine Optimization and statistics on your site to get feedback on your marketing. We offer a suite of online accountancy services designed for you to outsource labour intensive or routine services at very competitive rates while you stay i...

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...