Where to go for Word and Excel?

Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
news.microsoft.com server.  Where does one go now for questions about these
and other Office applications?  I know this isn't relevant to this
newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.

TIA
LAS

0
Laurel

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote:

� Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
� news.microsoft.com server.  Where does one go now for questions about these
� and other Office applications?  I know this isn't relevant to this
� newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.
�
� TIA
� LAS
�

For developers:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officedev

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
6/10/2010 5:21:21 PM
"Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
> news.microsoft.com server.  Where does one go now for questions about
> these and other Office applications?  I know this isn't relevant to this
> newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.

You can sign up at the free USENET server Eternal-September:
http://www.eternal-september.org. It's what I and several other folks in
this group did.

0
Jeff
6/10/2010 5:46:59 PM
Jeff Johnson pretended :
> "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
>> news.microsoft.com server.  Where does one go now for questions about these
>> and other Office applications?  I know this isn't relevant to this
>> newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.
>
> You can sign up at the free USENET server Eternal-September:
> http://www.eternal-september.org. It's what I and several other folks in this
> group did.

Laurel, to amplify on Jeff's suggestion, most of the m.p.* hierarchy
that Microsoft used to host continues to exist on the free usenet.  So,
sign up for an account at E-S, log onto their server, and you should
find the groups you lost!  :-)

0
Karl
6/10/2010 6:36:02 PM
In article <#wRDr3LCLHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, FakeMail@Hotmail.com
says...

> Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
> news.microsoft.com server.  Where does one go now for questions about these
> and other Office applications?  I know this isn't relevant to this
> newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.
>
> TIA
> LAS

ALL newsgroups are going to disappear from Microsoft's servers by the
end of the year.  Try getting the same groups on Eternal September or
another 3rd party news hosting service.  That's where I'm getting this
group from.

David
6/10/2010 6:42:07 PM
I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?
Can you suggest some other services?

I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups.  Do those
newsgroups that I used to use still exist?  Just not accessible via
MicroSoft?

"David Kerber" <dkerber@WarrenRogersAssociates.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <#wRDr3LCLHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, FakeMail@Hotmail.com
> says...
>>
>> Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
>> news.microsoft.com server.  Where does one go now for questions about
>> these
>> and other Office applications?  I know this isn't relevant to this
>> newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.
>>
>> TIA
>> LAS
>
> ALL newsgroups are going to disappear from Microsoft's servers by the
> end of the year.  Try getting the same groups on Eternal September or
> another 3rd party news hosting service.  That's where I'm getting this
> group from.

Laurel
6/10/2010 7:58:51 PM
Thanks, but what I need is "newuser" for both.  Or "general."

"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
> � news.microsoft.com server.  Where does one go now for questions about
> these
> � and other Office applications?  I know this isn't relevant to this
> � newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.
> �
> � TIA
> � LAS
> �
>
> For developers:
>
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officedev
>

> Paul
> ~~~~
> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

0
Laurel
6/10/2010 8:00:00 PM
Laurel pretended :
> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
> thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?

Yes, of course.  Just add another server, and point it at
news.eternal-september.org, then download all the groups and subscribe
to those of interest.

> I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups.  Do those
> newsgroups that I used to use still exist?  Just not accessible via
> MicroSoft?

Yep, almost certainly.

0
Karl
6/10/2010 8:09:23 PM
Hi Laurel
What problem are you having with eternal-september.org.
Maybe we can help, I'm using it and it works fine. I've got Windows Vista with
Windows Mail.
Regards
Cimjet
> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
> thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express? Can
> you suggest some other services?
>
> I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups.  Do those
> newsgroups that I used to use still exist?  Just not accessible via MicroSoft?
>
> "David Kerber" <dkerber@WarrenRogersAssociates.invalid> wrote in message
>> In article <#wRDr3LCLHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, FakeMail@Hotmail.com
>> says...
>>>
>>> Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the
>>> news.microsoft.com server.  Where does one go now for questions about these
>>> and other Office applications?  I know this isn't relevant to this
>>> newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> LAS
>>
>> ALL newsgroups are going to disappear from Microsoft's servers by the
>> end of the year.  Try getting the same groups on Eternal September or
>> another 3rd party news hosting service.  That's where I'm getting this
>> group from.

Cimjet
6/10/2010 8:13:22 PM
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:00:00 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote:

� Thanks, but what I need is "newuser" for both.  Or "general."
�

The below link was in the newsgroup closing announcement:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeword

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
6/10/2010 8:34:25 PM
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
> Laurel pretended :
>> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
>> thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?
>
> Yes, of course.  Just add another server, and point it at
> news.eternal-september.org, then download all the groups and subscribe to
> those of interest.

Guess that would not unlock all groups, they might be only accessible from
an ES account.

>> I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups.  Do
>> those newsgroups that I used to use still exist?  Just not accessible via
>> MicroSoft?
>
> Yep, almost certainly.

/Henning

0
Henning
6/10/2010 8:37:34 PM
Henning laid this down on his screen :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
>> Laurel pretended :
>>> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
>>> thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?
>>
>> Yes, of course.  Just add another server, and point it at
>> news.eternal-september.org, then download all the groups and subscribe to
>> those of interest.
>
> Guess that would not unlock all groups, they might be only accessible from an
> ES account.

Right, she'll need to use the credentials they give her.

0
Karl
6/10/2010 8:40:37 PM
"Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
> thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express? Can
> you suggest some other services?
>
> I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups.  Do those
> newsgroups that I used to use still exist?  Just not accessible via MicroSoft?

Laurel,

your problems with Eternal-September:
Did you go first to their website and sign-up there?
Did you provide a valid e-mail address?
If yes, did you get the registration mail from them?
Sometimes a newly registered user can't log on the
server, in my case I had to wait over 12 hours, while
others had no problem at all.

But after that initial delay no problems since.

Helmut.

0
Helmut
6/10/2010 8:47:53 PM
on 6/10/2010, Helmut Meukel supposed :
> "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
>> thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?
>> Can you suggest some other services?
>>
>> I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups.  Do
>> those newsgroups that I used to use still exist?  Just not accessible via
>> MicroSoft?
>>

> Laurel,
>
> your problems with Eternal-September:
> Did you go first to their website and sign-up there?
> Did you provide a valid e-mail address?
> If yes, did you get the registration mail from them?
> Sometimes a newly registered user can't log on the
> server, in my case I had to wait over 12 hours, while
> others had no problem at all.
>
> But after that initial delay no problems since.
>
> Helmut.

She took it offline, and seems to be in...

0
Karl
6/10/2010 8:59:56 PM
Thanks.  I'm all set now.  Seeing all the old favorites in eternal-september
via OE.

Do you know the origin of the name "eternal-september?"

"Cimjet" <cimjet@newsgroup.org> wrote in message
> Hi Laurel
> What problem are you having with eternal-september.org.
> Maybe we can help, I'm using it and it works fine. I've got Windows Vista
> with Windows Mail.
> Regards
> Cimjet
> "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
>> thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?
>> Can you suggest some other services?
>>
>> I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups.  Do
>> those newsgroups that I used to use still exist?  Just not accessible via
>> MicroSoft?
>>
>> "David Kerber" <dkerber@WarrenRogersAssociates.invalid> wrote in message
>>> In article <#wRDr3LCLHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, FakeMail@Hotmail.com
>>> says...

>>> ALL newsgroups are going to disappear from Microsoft's servers by the
>>> end of the year.  Try getting the same groups on Eternal September or
>>> another 3rd party news hosting service.  That's where I'm getting this
>>> group from.

Laurel
6/10/2010 9:02:52 PM
Hi Laurel
> Do you know the origin of the name "eternal-september?"
Sorry don't know.
Glad to see you running.
Regards
Cimjet
> Thanks.  I'm all set now.  Seeing all the old favorites in eternal-september
> via OE.
>
> Do you know the origin of the name "eternal-september?"
>
> "Cimjet" <cimjet@newsgroup.org> wrote in message
>> Hi Laurel
>> What problem are you having with eternal-september.org.
>> Maybe we can help, I'm using it and it works fine. I've got Windows Vista
>> with Windows Mail.
>> Regards
>> Cimjet
>> "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm having problems with Eternal September (see previous reply in this
>>> thread).  Can I use other 3rd party hosting services via Outlook Express?
>>> Can you suggest some other services?
>>>
>>> I obviously know almost nothing about the structure of newsgroups.  Do those
>>> newsgroups that I used to use still exist?  Just not accessible via
>>> MicroSoft?
>>>
>>> "David Kerber" <dkerber@WarrenRogersAssociates.invalid> wrote in message

Cimjet
6/10/2010 9:11:34 PM
Hi Laurel,

Laurel schrieb:
> Thanks.  I'm all set now.  Seeing all the old favorites in eternal-september
> via OE.
>
> Do you know the origin of the name "eternal-september?"

The name refers to an old Newsgroups insider joke. Once upon a time (it
was in a month following september) several popular ISPs (AFAIR AOL was
among them) set up their own newsservers and such made the usenet
publicly available to the masses. Since then, the joke ? goes, that
Usenet went down, at least in quality of the posts there, because those
people had no idea of how Usenet works and how the rules are. It would
have been better, if the preceeding september would have lasted for ever
(which implies that it would have been better not to open the Usenet to
the masses).

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
0
Ulrich
6/10/2010 9:44:04 PM
PS

If you look closely at the home page of www.external-september.org, you
will see that there the current time is counted from origin september 1993.

Currently we are at Thu Sep 6127 23:48:22 +02:00 1993, which seems to be
the 6127th day after 1st of september 1993. :-)

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
0
Ulrich
6/10/2010 9:50:58 PM
Laurel wrote:
> Do you know the origin of the name "eternal-september?"

Eternal September (also September that never ended)[1]  is a Usenet
slang expression, coined by Dave Fischer, for the period beginning
September 1993.[2]  The expression encapsulates the belief that an
endless influx of new users (newbies) since that date has continuously
degraded standards of discourse and behavior on Usenet and the wider
Internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

--
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Karl
6/10/2010 10:27:04 PM
: Thanks, but what I need is "newuser" for both.  Or "general."
:

Good luck with that.  More efforts on MSFT's part to FUD you into their
collective.  Web boards should take care of that since they have no logicla
order to them.  Or purpose.

You also need an official MSFT ID collar and allow access for MSFT's
outsourced ad server(s) to access your computer.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk!  Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!

PPS

Ok, I think I checked it now. May be you are afraid to use a news server
that is driven by Al Quaida? No, it isn't. The name eternal september
does not refer to the twin towers incident.

--
Ulrich Korndoerfer

VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/
MS Newsgruppen Alternativen -> http://www.prosource.de/ms-ng-umzug.html
0
Ulrich
6/11/2010 1:09:19 AM
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:41:17 -0400, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:

 :
�
� Good luck with that.  More efforts on MSFT's part to FUD you into their
� collective.  Web boards should take care of that since they have no logicla
� order to them.  Or purpose.
�
� You also need an official MSFT ID collar and allow access for MSFT's
� outsourced ad server(s) to access your computer.

It's where some of the long time Word experts hang out. So if you really want help...

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
6/11/2010 12:29:51 PM

| allow access for MSFT's
| outsourced ad server(s) to access your computer.

  What's that? You mean the forums have ads and
the ad server is setting a cookie? That's a new
low, if Microsoft is selling ads on their own website.

   I don't allow cookies and block 3rd-party images,
as well as using a HOSTS file, so I wasn't aware
of any ads.

0
Mayayana

<-----------------------------------------

: On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:41:17 -0400, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:
:
: :
:
: Good luck with that.  More efforts on MSFT's part to FUD you into their
: collective.  Web boards should take care of that since they have no
logicla
: order to them.  Or purpose.
:
: You also need an official MSFT ID collar and allow access for MSFT's
: outsourced ad server(s) to access your computer.
:
: It's where some of the long time Word experts hang out. So if you really
want help...
:
:
: Paul
: ~~~~
: Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:36:17 -0400, "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

�   What's that? You mean the forums have ads and
� the ad server is setting a cookie? That's a new
� low, if Microsoft is selling ads on their own website.
�
�    I don't allow cookies and block 3rd-party images,
� as well as using a HOSTS file, so I wasn't aware
� of any ads.
�

Neither is he. There are no ads.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
6/11/2010 4:53:35 PM
on 6/11/2010, Paul Clement supposed :
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:36:17 -0400, "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
> wrote:
>
> �   What's that? You mean the forums have ads and
> � the ad server is setting a cookie? That's a new
> � low, if Microsoft is selling ads on their own website.
> �
> �    I don't allow cookies and block 3rd-party images,
> � as well as using a HOSTS file, so I wasn't aware
> � of any ads.
> �
>
> Neither is he. There are no ads.

HA!  Every user gets to craft whatever sig they want, include imagery.
They're openly inviting abuse with that. <eg>

I suppose it's semantics to argue whether their own logos are branding
or advertising.  Not sure that's a distinction that makes a difference?

0
Karl
6/11/2010 5:22:40 PM
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:22:40 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org> wrote:

� > �    I don't allow cookies and block 3rd-party images,
� > � as well as using a HOSTS file, so I wasn't aware
� > � of any ads.
� > �
� >
� > Neither is he. There are no ads.
�
� HA!  Every user gets to craft whatever sig they want, include imagery.
� They're openly inviting abuse with that. <eg>

Now, what sort of individual would do such a thing? ;-)

� I suppose it's semantics to argue whether their own logos are branding
� or advertising.  Not sure that's a distinction that makes a difference?
�

I don't think you will find many software vendor web sites that don't have links to their own
product pages.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
6/11/2010 5:55:23 PM
Paul Clement explained :
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:22:40 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org> wrote:
>
> � > �    I don't allow cookies and block 3rd-party images,
> � > � as well as using a HOSTS file, so I wasn't aware
> � > � of any ads.
> � > �
> � >
> � > Neither is he. There are no ads.
> �
> � HA!  Every user gets to craft whatever sig they want, include imagery.
> � They're openly inviting abuse with that. <eg>
>
> Now, what sort of individual would do such a thing? ;-)

Hard to imagine, but where there's a way... <g>

> � I suppose it's semantics to argue whether their own logos are branding
> � or advertising.  Not sure that's a distinction that makes a difference?
>
> I don't think you will find many software vendor web sites that don't have
> links to their own product pages.

Nice you made the distinction there between "vendor" sites and "user
support communities."

0
Karl
6/11/2010 6:24:08 PM
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:24:08 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org> wrote:

�
� > � I suppose it's semantics to argue whether their own logos are branding
� > � or advertising.  Not sure that's a distinction that makes a difference?
� >
� > I don't think you will find many software vendor web sites that don't have
� > links to their own product pages.
�
� Nice you made the distinction there between "vendor" sites and "user
� support communities."
�

Well, yeah. The webified "user support communities" generally have several third-party ads rolling.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
6/11/2010 6:53:45 PM
Paul Clement pretended :
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:24:08 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org> wrote:
>
> �
> � > � I suppose it's semantics to argue whether their own logos are branding
> � > � or advertising.  Not sure that's a distinction that makes a difference?
> � >
> � > I don't think you will find many software vendor web sites that don't
> have  � > links to their own product pages.
> �
> � Nice you made the distinction there between "vendor" sites and "user
> � support communities."
> �
>
> Well, yeah. The webified "user support communities" generally have several
> third-party ads rolling.

Unlike here, thankfully.

0
Karl
6/11/2010 9:34:51 PM
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:34:51 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org> wrote:

� > � > � I suppose it's semantics to argue whether their own logos are branding
� > � > � or advertising.  Not sure that's a distinction that makes a difference?
� > � >
� > � > I don't think you will find many software vendor web sites that don't
� > have  � > links to their own product pages.
� > �
� > � Nice you made the distinction there between "vendor" sites and "user
� > � support communities."
� > �
� >
� > Well, yeah. The webified "user support communities" generally have several
� > third-party ads rolling.
�
� Unlike here, thankfully.
�

Not if you don't count the signatures used by some folks. ;-)

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
6/15/2010 12:18:13 PM
Paul Clement brought next idea :
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:34:51 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl@exmvps.org> wrote:
>
> � > � > � I suppose it's semantics to argue whether their own logos are
> branding  � > � > � or advertising.  Not sure that's a distinction that makes
> a difference? � > � >
> � > � > I don't think you will find many software vendor web sites that don't
> � > have  � > links to their own product pages.
> � > �
> � > � Nice you made the distinction there between "vendor" sites and "user
> � > � support communities."
> � > �
> � >
> � > Well, yeah. The webified "user support communities" generally have
> several  � > third-party ads rolling.
> �
> � Unlike here, thankfully.
> �
>
> Not if you don't count the signatures used by some folks. ;-)

Yeah, like that Dick Grier character... <gd&r>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!  http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Karl

Bills of Quantities in Excel
I need to automate existing excel spreadsheets that we use for bills of quantities. The sheets contain items, rates, quantities and totals with various reports and monthly payment columns. The problem is that the system becomes elaborate and easily breaks. It is difficult for other users to work on the sheets because they are not sure how the links and formulas work. One solution is to abandon Excel and write a database program but this take the Excel feeling away and users will not be able to add their own special reports or formulas. I thought it should be possible to write a database progr...

Word labels indention
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Lately if I try to create a label, with four lines for example, and <br> indent each line two spaces, I can do it with the first two lines, sometimes <br> the third, but never the fourth. I must have goofed up. Please advise. No offense, but your main 'goof up' comes from thinking that pressing the spacebar crates an indent. It doesn't, and even if the 'spaces' were present the alignment would be irregular because the same amount of space is not created each time the spacebar is pressed. In order to get an e...

Saving documents to MS CRM from eg Word?
Hi, Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then from MS CRM make a note and attach. To long way ! Regards, SH Hi Siggi, have a look at "RelatedDocuments" at www.mscrm-addons.com "Siggi" <sh@nyherji.is> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64f91fda.0501190239.1156de03@posting.google.com... > Hi, > Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg > Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then > from MS CRM make a note and attach. ...

Excel XP list in Frontpage 2000
I am trying to populate a database result in a Frontpage web. When I try it tells me my spreadsheet doesn't have a range of cells that the database driver condisers a table. This is a very simple spreadsheet. I have renamed the columns to FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, POSITION and it still won't bring it into frontpage. Any ideas?? Thanks! Slim I don't use Frontpage, but excel can be "finicky" about where it looks for ranges. I've always had better luck with mailmerge (in MSWord) if the data was in the leftmost worksheet. Other times (Data|Forms), excel looks for...

Printing In Excel 12-01-09
I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages? The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? Never seen this before and I am sure file is ok Thanks for any help Steve On Dec 1, 11:05=A0am, k11ngy <k11...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line > > I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages?= =A0 > The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? =A0Never seen thi= s > before and I am s...

problem with printing import of word table
Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit; office pro 2007 suite: How do I get rid of the boxes when trying to publishing? I need to import a table created in word 2007. I can get the text box set for margins and size, but I cannot find the command to keep the boxes surrounding each row and column of the table from printing. I apologize in advance for seeming so ignorant, but this is the first time trying this kind of operation. Your help is totally appreciated in advance. Thanks Do you mean the borders? High-light the entire table, Lines, more lines, select the pre-set grid, expand the colo...

Email from Excel
Is it possible to have Excel send an email if the value of a certain cell is changed? Hi have a look at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm for getting started -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D9KdnW7PJt-gjcjcRVn-gQ@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to have Excel send an email if the value of a certain cell is > changed? > > Ok, I got sendmail installed, but it does not seem as though I will be able to automate this. I want the email to be sent anytime that there is a modification of a cell. H...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Change web address color in word 2007
I created a Word 2007 document with a number of web addresses in it - all in black text. I accidentally "clicked" on one of the addresses and it changed from black to purple. I cannot change it back to black!! This should be very simple - change text color! How is it done? Purple is the color applied by the Followed Hyperlink character style. It would appear that you may have redefined the Hyperlink character style (or removed it from the hyperlinks), but that doesn't stop them from displaying the Followed Hyperlink style after they've been followed. You can m...

Help with Excel Extraction
Hi Can anyone please help? How do I do the following: I would like to extract information based on the following criteria. We open excel up and the first screen opens with 6 headings showing: Setting goals and objectives Marketing Manpower planning Financial matters Performance review Business planning I then choose to click on say the �Marketing box� which I want it to automatically open a new screen with say 7 predetermined boxes [i.e. previously defined for inclusion within the marketing box] showing: PR Sales Market research Competitor review Direct marketing Networking Advertisin...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

startup error message in excel.
I get an error message everytime I start up excel. It reads "Subset not in range" I can click OK and then use exel so this is not so much a problem as a hassel. Any suggestions? It sounds like there's a misbehaving macro in one of your workbooks that gets opened each time you start excel. These workbooks can be found in your XLStart folder or under Tools|Addins (from excel's menubar). Chip Pearson has some notes to help diagnose this kind of problem at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm ournutyhouse wrote: > > I get an error message everytime I ...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Header & Footer Excel 2003
Does anyone know if I can do a more detailed header and footer? I have tried to do a Custom Header but it doesn't allow me to format how I need to. I wanted to use a header & footer so that information on each page of the document gets updated the same on every page (like a Word document) and I don't want to faff around using formulas as I'm new to Excel. Also, If I was able to sort this out I would still have the problem of not being able to view the header and footer without looking at Print Preview. This would be a pain. Any ideas? Thanks Julia What information ...

minimizing Excel application
Normally there is a group of three boxes in the upper right corner that allow one to "minimize", "maximize", and close the application. Last night when I had unrelated problems, something changed. Now they do not show. What did I change? Windsurfer I suspect the something you did that was un-related was related, unless you had not noticed they were missing before. Try right-clicking on any toolbar, select 'customize' and then on the toolbar tab, select worksheet menu bar and click reset (You will lose any changes made to it) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft M...

the application microsoft (word, excel and powerpoint) quit unexpectedly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel installed microsoft office 2008 in october 2008, and had no trouble. as of may/june 2009, i no longer wanted these icons (icons for word, excel and powerpoint) on my dock, and so removed. now when i try to open these applications, the message; the application microsoft word quit enexpectedly. mac os x and other applications are not affected. click relaunch to launch the application again. click report to see more details or send a report to apple. the report then says: Process: Microsoft Excel [319] Path: /Applicati...

Export to Excel #3
GP 8.0 Enquiry/Sales/Transaction by Debtor How to data from that form export to excel with dexterity? I do not think that you can go direct to Excel from that screen. What you need to do is click on the printer Icon in the right hand corner of that screen and choose to send it to a text file (probably tab delimited is best) - the open the tab delimited file in Excel. "Misa Simic" wrote: > GP 8.0 > Enquiry/Sales/Transaction by Debtor > > How to data from that form export to excel with dexterity? Or you can get the same data in SmartList and then export it to Exc...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

How Excel converts % sign in a cell and use in formula
I am trying to figure out a formula in Excel that I know is simple, but it's been years.... =(B3+(B3*$F$8))*(1+$F$9) I understand about the order of operations and what has to happen first and the absolute cell reference. I'm confused about what the 1 is in the (1+$F$9)...the info in cell F9 is sales tax and is written as 8.25%. Thanks in advance for the help. -- Peggy Duncan, Author Conquer Email Overload with Outlook http://www.PeggyDuncan.com Worksmart wrote: > I am trying to figure out a formula in Excel that I know is simple, but it's > been years.... > > ...

excell #5
HOW CAN I, WORKING IN EXCELL, MAKE THE TEXT WRAP AROUND FROM LINE TO LINE AFTER I HAVE MERGED ALL OF THE CELL INTO 1 LINE, EXAMPLE LIKE A WORD DOCUMENT? Hi Debbie, First, please don't write in caps. To us readers, it seems like you are shouting at us. And I am sure that is not the impression you want. Second, you are limited to a certain number of character to one cell. I think the number might be 256 characters. It might be more. In any event, you cannot write paragraphs in a single cell. You can format a cell... Format | Cells | Alignment | Wrap Text If you want the text to ...

Word 2007 crashes when accessing address book
I've reinstalled Office 2007 several times. I have even done a complete clean reinstall of my Windows 7 Home Premium and all that goes along with that. If Outlook is open all is fine, if not word will crash as soon as I click on a name to fill in an envelope or a label. As others have had this issue I still haven't found anyone with the solution. I have done all the usual like turning off all add-ins. Outlook IS the default mail handler, I've done the whole -- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data and Rename the "Data" Key to "Da...

Word 2007 and Macro; Help needed
I have this macro that prints an address onto an envelope that I have selected in a letter. It doesn't work because the macro is printing only the first line of the address. In the example below, it prints "Collection Department" instead of the entire address which is: Collections Department Bruneel Tire Factory 5304 Chinden Blvd Boise, ID 83714 How can I make it work. I really need this macro. Thanks. John King jking482@q.com Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ActivePrinter = "HP Officejet 7400 series" ActiveDocument.Envelo...

How do I change the default line colors in Excel graphs?
I would like to use a color scheme that is viewable. Presently the first color selected by the program is light blue. How do I set the default colors to my choice? Can I set several color schemes for different end uses like printing versus projecting? Use Tools-->Options and select the Colors tab to change the default chart line colours. The only way I know of to effectively create colour profiles is to create a blank workbook and set a custom colour palette in it. Save the workbook somewhere. Do that for each colour palette you wish to have, saving each one in a different w...