Thank you very much

Folks

For the last year I've been asking various questions here in this
newsgroup.

Thanks to all for answering my questions.

Sincerely, Tony Toews
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

"Tony Toews" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> Folks
> For the last year I've been asking various questions
> here in this newsgroup.
> Thanks to all for answering my questions.
> Sincerely, Tony Toews

Are you going somewhere, Tony?

Mike

0
Mike
9/10/2010 7:02:11 AM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:02:11 +0100, "Mike Williams"
<Mike@WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

>> Folks
>> For the last year I've been asking various questions
>> here in this newsgroup.
>> Thanks to all for answering my questions.
>> Sincerely, Tony Toews
>
>Are you going somewhere, Tony?

No.   I just figured a thank you was appropriate.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

Am I asking too much of my macro's
I am using a spread sheet which contains a number of combi boxes (approx. 30) Once I've selected all requirments in these combi boxes, I run a macro to copy the selections to another sheet. I then need all the combi boxes to return to their previous/original selections, ready to start the process again. I tried to record a macro to return them all to their original selections but its not recording any of my 30 selections. It takes far to long doing this manually each time. Thanks for any suggestions Control Toolbox Toolbar Combobox: Dim obj as OleObject for each obj on Activesheet.O...

Thanks Microsoft
I used the MSMoney -> Quicken converter facility in Quicken 2010 to import many years of data. The converter did an excellent job. There were a few mistakes, but I was able to correct these. Recent posts to this news group indicate that Intuit will update the converter facility in November, addressing all of the mistakes that I found. As far as I can tell, my financial data is in good shape, and I have no need to re-do the conversion process in November. My own reading indicates that Microsoft and Intuit cooperated in order to make the conversion software successful. I am disappointed tha...

thank!
Thank you very mauch! ...

Appointments show too much detail
Hello, Recently, new appointments have started displaying comments in the daily calendar view. This is a new phenomenon, and having all that detail on my daily calendar is incredibly distracting. I'm using Outlook 2002, and my current calendar view is "Day/Week/Month with AutoPreview". This all started a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure whether it corresponds with any software updates. All previously entered calendar entries do not exhibit this problem - It only affects new calendar entries. Another clue: The appointments that show comments also change color when I mouse...

Thanks!
Thanks Doug: I found a short object name that access NOW does not reconize. I changed the short object name to full object name and everything then compiled fine. Again Thanks! ...

tHANK yOU
bY __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3948 (20090319) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com Spam! mohammad wrote: > bY > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3948 (20090319) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com Stop spamming the newsgroups with your personal choice for an antivirus program. The text appended to your post makes you appear an id...

well im not a new user but ive never learned much beyond simple stuff
i have a spreadsheet that i would like to do the following with: ...have a spreadsheet with say 30 pages, each page labeled with a month/dom, ie May1,May2,...May30. Each page has 30,31,28,29 days as rows and then several columns days but of course the rows vary depending on the month. Now lets say I know there will be a june, july, etc sheet. I want a formula to put on each page that is the sum of column j on each page. In the unique case I can refer to mayx-cellx by a link like "='May 9'!$M$26", but I would like a generic statement that doesn't care if it is May9, or Ju...

Thank You
Thanks to all who have helped me over the years with Win98, XP, and now 7. Much appreciated. And, I hope that I assisted via a few of my posts. Microsoft forums are a step backward compared to this means of communication, in my humble opinion. ciao shellyf wrote: > Microsoft forums are a step backward compared to this means of > communication, in my humble opinion. Did you even ask your NSP (EasyNews) if they will be dropping the microsoft.* newsgroups? They probably arent. Giganews isn't dropping the microsoft.* newsgroups. Google Groups probably won't, eith...

Thank-you
Just a quick note the say thank-you to many of the contributors to this forum especially but not only Jeff, Convoluted, Matt, Afshin, Akber, Bill, and many other that I forgot their names. May you have a peaceful holiday season and a prosperous new year. PS. For those who will be doing inventory - may everything be stress free and work-out for you. Danny Likewise, happy holidays to you Danny. I have probably learned more on this newsgroup (and other RMS newsgroups) than I learned taking the so-called RMS "certification". So I would also like to jump on Danny's mes...

Why does Outlook 2007 allow so much Spam?
On my initial upgrade to 2003 to 2007 I recieved over 300 spam emails. I can only assume that Outlook 2003 was blocking them and 2007 is not. Why is that? Has anyone experienced similar problems? Hi Chuck, Go into Tools, Options, Junk Email and switch your junk email filter off. Then close and reopen Outlook and switch the junk email filter back on. Any improvement? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2155D62-C193-4244-8036-0D614852B4A1@microsoft.com: > On my initial upgrade to 2003 to...

Thanks for pics
Hi Sharon, Thanks so much for the nice pictures of Michele & I at my birthday dinner along with the sweet card. The other day Michele & I ran together in Tennessee Valley. There I found a newt trying to cross the road. Why? To get to the other side, of course. I just remembered the good feeling of when I, as a young sprout, use to visit you in San Domenico in the spring & I'd end up catching some newts. Made me think of you... not that you have any likeness to a newt. On the Tennessee Valley run we also had a large female wild turkey run along with us (...or from us from her...

MoneyLink -- Thanks, Mr. Watson.
I was just perusing the Money FAQ and was delighted to find out about the Excel MoneyLink plug-in, among other interesting things. Somehow I've been ignorant of it up until now, although I've been using Money since 1995. So thanks, Dick, for your work in maintaining the FAQ -- it's very useful. The MoneyLink information is slightly dated -- it only mentions that MoneyLink is available for up to Money 2003. The free "lite" plug-in is currently available for up to 2006 at http://www.ultrasoft.com/moneylink/download.shtml. I love having 10 years worth of financial data o...

Outlook data file (pst) is much larger than as reported by Outlook !
Hi all, My Outlook's pst file is 1.7GB, ie quite close to the danger zone (2GB). When I ask Outlook for the size of the folders and all other datas it only shows 1.1 GB total ! Is the file corrupted ? Maybe some remains of an older account ? Using scanpst.exe I see no error or problem in this file. Is there some kind of "purge" operation (other than brutal deletion) ? Claude-Albert NB : same problem seen in Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 for the same pst file. Aloha C-A Berseth, Have you tried compacting it yet? (right-click the root folder of the Personal Folders File, ...

much needed If/or statement help
Hello, I am not an experienced excel user however I need to find a way fo excel to do a function for me and I have had no luck with if/then/o statements. My question is this. I need a function that will if I pick a selection off a drop down lis present me with a value associated with it. For example. I hav different machine sizes 110,245,385,500,720 and 950 they are in a dro down list. I need to associate electric rates to each of them. 110 4.00 245=4.50 385=5.00 500=5.50 720=6.00 and 950 = 6.50. So when I pic the machine size off of my drop down list in say cell c3 I need th electric rat...

Thanks
Thanks to all those who contributed their time and knowledge is such an unselfish manner. I'm really going to miss my daily read here. Mike Mike, no need to miss it. To the best of my knowledge things are just moving to here:- http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads "MikeR" wrote: > Thanks to all those who contributed their time and knowledge is such an unselfish > manner. I'm really going to miss my daily read here. > > Mike > . > trip_to_tokyo wrote: > Mike, no need to miss it. > > To ...

BETA much easier to read!
I can't believe how much easier it is to read lines in the new BETA. The BOLD across all fields in unread messages and the darker text instead of that faint one is soooooooooo much better. I am really liking this BETA. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006E_01CB369F.C4FB13C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Paula, If also using a Live ID in Windows Live Mail(WLM) to signon to Live(the source of Contacts when signed on in WLM) and also using the same Live ID for Windows Live Messenger(WLMsg...

Exchange 2003 + Too much permissions
Our users have access to anyone else's inbox, calendar, etc. When I look in Active Directory Users and Computers, Mailbox rights, I can see that Anonymous Logon and Everyone have read rights. I'm assuming that's the problem but these rights are inherited. Where are they being inherited from? When I look in System Manager, I see different permissions on the Mailbox Store. Those permissions are also inherited. Should I break the inheritance? You could. Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchan...

Thank you!
Thank you for the help. I downloaded the primopdf and it was so easy to convert my Publisher file. I created a monogram in Publisher that I want to have embroidered onto a table cloth for my wedding. Thanks again! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh - did you check out the options for wedding announcements, etc that Publisher has? I did my invitations (even though we eloped we had guests, long story), my wedding announcements, and the thank you cards with Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jetta1872" <jetta1872@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28452FB...

Thanks for your trust.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01F7_01C56EC8.542850D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Thanks for your trust. -------------------------------------------------------- INTERNATIONAL / WorldWide MONEY an MORE America / Europa / Asia / Africa / Australia and others=20 DIE 5 Geldmaschinen / THE 5 Moneymachines for YOU 2 ? zu 15.160 ? AND 10 ? to 78.520 ?=20 Best Real and easiest e-Commmerce / homebusiness Bestes einfachstes E-commerce / homebusiness www.froogle-24.de.vu...

OE works
I hope someone has seen this problem and can help me. Every now and then an e-mail in Outlook XP doesn't go anywhere. It leaves my outbox, but doesn't reach its destination. I sometimes get errors (like 0x800CCC90), sometimes I don't. There doesn't seem to be any pattern in the messages that don't go. Some are long, some short. Some have attachments, some don't. XP is not doing any virus checking. When I go into Outlook Express and send the exact same e-mail to the exact same person with the exact same account settings, it works. I have re-installed Outlook XP from s...

thank you to all
note to all of the very good people who took time to post articulated and good suggestions on how to get my data & applications up & running again: Thanks to all of you! As the safest suggestions were to backup the data, format the drive, and then reinstall xp and then reinstall the applications from system cd disks and then reinstall the data from the saved backup, I realized that as long as I was going through this time consuming routine, I might as well throw in the towell and purchase Windows 7 as the procedures were the same except for different operating system. A...

Thanks Brian
Yes, your right, our Exch Server must have had some major work done on it later than that and the modified date was much later than i thought. Works a treat. ...

To much space in my cell?
I have a half inch of space in my cell at the top and I go format cell and do an auto row hight fit and nothing happens. How can I make my date fit into my cell. When I try and manualy make the cell to fit the data the data at the botten dissapears and the top still has the half inch of space. Just a thought, but is the cell merged with the cell above it? If it is there will definitely be a space. If that's the problem, you will have to go to Format, Cells, Alignment, and uncheck the merge cells box. "lostsoul62" wrote: > I have a half inch of space in my ce...

Thank you, Mary!
When I was first starting my Publisher document...I was so clueless I did not know where to start. Last week I finished the entire publication and it came out great! Next I made a video from all the images... that turned out great too. The day *after* I finished the work...my harddrive died!!!! Yes...everything was backed up...Just glad it did not die right in the middle of something! It will be used here (under upcomming events): http://www.grandavenueclub.com/ Hey, Philo, what a great message. I appreciate your sharing your success. I have a dear friend in Southern Maryland that st...

Thank You....
Both formulas Work Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:01:01 -0800 from George <George@discussions.microsoft.com>: > Both formulas Work Gee, that's nice. Now what the blue blazes are you talking about? -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA http://OakRoadSystems.com/ "If there's one thing I know, it's men. I ought to: it's been my life work." -- Marie Dressler, in /Dinner at Eight/ "Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:MPG.21d4e66fdb84a2fd98b2fc@news.individual.net.....