Song BPM (Beats per minute) algorithm for VB6?

I'm looking for some kind of algorithm for being able to read MP3, WMA and
similar files on the fly and determine the beats per minute of a song.

Something like the Abyssmedia BPM Counter which works superfast:
http://www.abyssmedia.com/download.shtml

Does anybody have any kind of sourcecode that can do this?

0
sfdavidkaye2

Doing that by source code yourself is quite annoying and lots of code.
You could use "BASS" from un4seen.com
0
Boris
4/27/2010 8:47:59 AM
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for some kind of algorithm for being able to read MP3, WMA and
> similar files on the fly and determine the beats per minute of a song.
>
> Something like the Abyssmedia BPM Counter which works superfast:
> http://www.abyssmedia.com/download.shtml
>
> Does anybody have any kind of sourcecode that can do this?

Try Planet-Source-Code, and perhaps searching the web if FFT is useful in
this case.

0
Nobody
4/27/2010 11:58:50 AM
"Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote:

>Try Planet-Source-Code, and perhaps searching the web if FFT is useful in
>this case.

I've already done so.  This is why I came here.

0
sfdavidkaye2
4/27/2010 5:47:09 PM
Boris Pauljev <nordiccoder@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Doing that by source code yourself is quite annoying and lots of code.
>You could use "BASS" from un4seen.com

Thank you!  This might head me in the right direction, for starters.

0
sfdavidkaye2
4/27/2010 5:52:15 PM
But you should be really careful with BASS if you use it directly in VB6.
It does not work very well with VB6, you will sooner or later experience
crashes if you use the callback functions.
If you use the tool offline only, no problem, but if you want to deploy
it, I would really make an OCX in C++ (! Not in VB6 !) as a wrapper.

0
Boris
4/28/2010 6:22:58 AM
Boris Pauljev <nordiccoder@hotmail.com> wrote:

>But you should be really careful with BASS if you use it directly in VB6.
>It does not work very well with VB6, you will sooner or later experience
>crashes if you use the callback functions.
>If you use the tool offline only, no problem, but if you want to deploy
>it, I would really make an OCX in C++ (! Not in VB6 !) as a wrapper.

If my music project goes further I may just ask if they can roll a
simple something specifically for my needs.  Thanks for the heads-up.

0
sfdavidkaye2

Importing minutes/seconds
I want to perform calculations on a phone bill in Excel 97. The online phone bill has minutes and seconds displayed as mm:ss If I cut and paste these into excel it formats them as hh:mm:ss E.g. If I paste in 15:12 it formats it as 15 hours, 12 minutes, 0 seconds rather than 15 miutes 12 seconds. Does anyone know how I can get around this problem? Thanks. Thanks. Worked a treat! >-----Original Message----- >One way: > >Enter 60 in a blank cell. Copy the cell. Select the times. Paste >Special, selecting the Values and Divide radio buttons. > >In article <0a7...

Calculate parts per hour on rotating line
There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor. Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute. I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution. How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line? The parts are spaced 1 foot apart. I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me? 7.5 parts per minute. =500/7.5 returns 66.66667 minutes Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:46:06 -0700, scootr <scootr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor. >Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute. >I know it takes 93 min...

Vertical page breaks
I have a spreadsheet that is 40 columns wide, and except for the 1st column (which will be repeated at the left), I want a page break after each column. Is there a quick way to do this (as opposed to going into Page Break Preview and pulling over the right page break 40 times)? Try going into Print Preview and increasing the left and right margins by dragging inwards. You should be able to narrow it down to one column per page. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:29:01 -0800, Staceyglow <Staceyglow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a spread...

DOES EXCEL HAVE a MAXIMUM NUMBER OF COLUMNS PER WORKBOOK?
DOES EXCEL HAVE a MAXIMUM NUMBER OF COLUMNS PER WORKBOOK? which version? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP100738491033.aspx#WorksheetWorkbook http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051992911033.aspx?pid=CH062527721033 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACA733BD-443A-4BCF-A0F7-B7931F729D65@microsoft.com... > DOES EXCEL HAVE a MAXIMUM NUMBER OF COLUMNS PER WORKBOOK? The number of columns in a worksheet is determined by which version of Excel you have: Excel 2007 = 16384 columns ...

Outlook automatically closes after 2 minutes
About 2 minutes after starting Outlook 2000 running on Windows 2000, it closes automatically. I see nothing in the Event Viewer log files and I don't see any malicious processes running in Task Manager when it happens. I've scanned for viruses with the latest data file and found no viruses. I've also ran in Safe Mode and the same problem still occurs. The only error in the log files is a sproradic userenv error Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1722). All other apps seem to be fine. It doesn't seem tied to Outlook timed events, such a...

Credit note, negative price per unit
Hi I am trying to create a credit note by entering a negative number in the price per unit field of the invoice write-in product screen. (I need to do it in this field due to VAT refund) In the price per unit field attribute, Minimum Value has been changed to accept a negative number and published, but when I enter a negative number in the price per unit, on save CRM throws up the following error... "Sales Force Automation Error The price per unit is not valid. Price per unit must be a positive value. " Can anyone help? Thanks Jools Hey, Jools: Did you every find a solution ...

Times and Minutes please help
Hello, this is what i need help with, First Time, Last Time, Minutes between Cell one and Cell Two 0930, 1030, 60 mi -- knigh7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- knigh7s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2680 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40062 knigh7s, You must enter these as real time values. Type 9:30, 10:30, etc. Now if they're in A2 and B2, in another cell (like C2), put = B2 - A2. It will format itself for time, and you'll be good to go. 60 minutes wi...

I can't add minutes & seconds on imported data
I have used Abby Finereader OCR software to scan a phone bill into Excel 2000, for the purpose of adding the time spent talking to various phone numbers. The OCR software works fine, and I get a column of numbers which represent the minutes and seconds similar to 01:15 02:10 00:15 The trouble is that I cannot add them as they are. They always add to zero. I converted the cells format to Custom [h]:mm:ss but they still will not add. I then created a helper column, and used the Concatenate function to add "00:" in front of each of each of the existing values. The column looked l...

Adding minutes to a time
I have a spreadsheet with three columns. Column A = time Column B = ETA Column C = Arrival time 3:24 :15 3:39Pm I am having dificulty getting the answer in column C. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi! =A1+B1 Column B time has to be entered as a time - 00:15 Or, you could just enter the integer, 15 and use this formula to get the same result: =A1+B1/1440 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a spreadsheet with three columns. > >Column A = time Column B = ETA Column C = Arrival time >3:24 :15 ...

Format 8.3568 into: 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minute
Hello, How can I format the number 8.3568 into: 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes and 7 seconds? Thank you! On Feb 11, 3:56=A0pm, igorin <igo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > How can I format the number 8.3568 into: > > 8 years, 4 months, 8 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes and 7 seconds? > > Thank you! How does that number relate to the details you've specified? BW Matt http://teachr.blogspot.com To further explain, what follows is the logic behind it: original number: 3,050.232 which equals to: years: 3,0...

Seondary axes line-chart not showing as per data
I have a plotted a periodic 100% stacked column chart with 6 data rows (meaning 6 components of data for each period). I have a secondary periodic data with 5 compenents that I have plotted on secondary axis. Both the data are in per cents. I have equalized the scale on both axes. The problem is that the lines plotted on secondary axes are not plotted in accordance with the values. For example, one data row with values 2% to 6% is appearing near 100% line (100% on both axes are aligned across the same line). Even strange is that when I change the "Series Order" of the same lim...

Average sale per customer
Hi Can someone remind me wher to get this from SO please or how to change a repotr to give the info. Many Thanks Sales divided by Transactions: Trx = (select count(distinct TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber) from TransactionEntry left join [Transaction] on [Transaction].TransactionNumber = TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber and [Transaction].StoreID = TransactionEntry.StoreID where ([Transaction].Time >= @LYStart and [Transaction].Time <= @LYStop) and TransactionEntry.StoreId = '3200') Sales = (select SUM(TransactionEntry.Quantity * TransactionEntry.Price) from T...

VB6 word .saveas method fails when installed
I'm attempting to open a Word document from local disk, modify contents of embedded fields, and save the modifed document using the .saveas method. Code looks like: set wrdDoc = wrdApp.Document.Open("C:\foldername\doc1.doc") wrdFileName = "C:\foldername\doc2.doc" Call wrdDoc.SaveAs(wrdFileName) wrdDoc.Close (false) wrdApp.Quit Doc1 opens, the fields get updated, and Doc2 gets written back to the local folder. The application was developed on an XP system -- Word 2000. When I create the distribution package and install it on a Vista desktop -- Word 20...

Get $500 To Your PAYPAL Account In Just A Minutes
Do you need some extra money right now? Would you be interested to get $500 daily Paypal Money through some genuine tricks from home internet ? Get Money Online for FREE! Get started in the next few minutes without FEES..... Yes Absolutely ... This TRICK is absolutely FREE for all..... See the FORM for details on how to get $500 to your account. Due to some Premises I Have Hidden the FORM in an IMAGE ...... CLICK on the IMAGE which is BELOW the SEARCH BOX http://www.webinfos4all.euro.st ...

VB6 on Vista vs DirectX
Has MS provided a solution to DirectX on Vista? I would like to use some of the features, especially the sound effects, that I have in my VB6 app running on XP. All I have seen is that DirectX does not work on Vista and is not supported. So how does one do that in a distributable VB6 app? Lorin wrote: > Has MS provided a solution to DirectX on Vista? > I would like to use some of the features, especially the sound > effects, that I have in my VB6 app running on XP. > All I have seen is that DirectX does not work on Vista and is not > supported. So how does one d...

Transaction logs growing at 100 megabytes per minute -- Help!
Using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. The database transaction logs are growing at 100 megabytes per minute. The size of the edb or stm databases are not growing at all. Don't see any obvious message looping in the message logs. No mailbox size in the store is growing or shrinking at an alarming rate. The same store has the mailbox and public store database - neither are growing. The local delivery queue stays at around zero so nothing is piling up. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on or some diagnostic logging I could turn on to help me figure out what the proble...

VB6 ocx in VC++
I have a ocx control in VB6, for drawing a geometrical figure. I wanna use this in a VC application. I observer that after the ocx is called, memory usage shoots up like anything. I suppose it is taking up all my system resources. What do I do here? Can anyone help? Thanks a lot!! You will have to redesign your OCX control my dear.... "Andry" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:#rjhjxK7DHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > I have a ocx control in VB6, for drawing a geometrical figure. I wanna use > this in a VC application. > I observer that after the ocx is ca...

Possible VB6 Timer function bug?
I am using the VB6 Timer function and have found something that seems strange. My CheckExpiration function takes the prior timer value and a timespan, and returns whether the timespan has transpired. The top of the function looks like this: Private Function CheckExpiration(ByVal LastTime As Single, _ ByVal TimeSpan As Single) As Boolean Dim diff As Single, r As Boolean r = False ' assume timer has not expired yet diff = Timer - LastTime ' compute time difference What I've found is that fairly often, time seems to slip bac...

Visio features as per Excel/Word
Hi, Would anyone know whether the next Visio release will be similar to Excel/Word where you can add drop shadows/Mirror etc ? Thanks Sadly no. Visio uses a different graphics engine than Word & Excel. We will be updating the look of our shapes, but the formatting effects will be unchanged. I'd be interested to know what kind of diagram you would apply these effects to. That will help us with planning going forward. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MM...

Calculation of "Feet-Inches " and Angles in "Degree-Minut-Second"
Sir Is there a way to calculate the "Feet-Inches" & Degree-Minuts-Second OR The formatting of cell for this Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com For a possible answer see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fractex1.htm and http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Arshad Mirza >" <<Arshad.Mirza.14zse3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Arshad.Mirza.14zse3@excelforum-nospam.com... > Sir > > Is there a way to calculate the "Feet-Inches" & Degree-Minuts-Second" >...

Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder of outlook from VB6.0
Hi All! Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called from any form of other projects. -- Thanks and Regards S. Viswanathan Viswanathan wrote: > Hi All! > > Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is > very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called > from any form of other projects. > > -- > Thanks and Regards > S. Viswanathan > > Thanks! Next.... Did you have a particular questi...

Characters per cell
Does excel limit the amount of characters per cell that it will wrap? I have been editing a spreadsheet that my boss has been using for doing a quarterly report. She uses the cells for both spreadsheet and word processing purposes because she has access to all sheets within the same workbook. This quarter there are two cell that will only wrap part of the way down and beyond that the cell content does not print out. Thanks, Anita If you enter forced line-breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) in appropriate places, sporadically throughout the data, you will be able to exceed the publi...

Outlook 2002 opens ISDN line every 2 minutes
Our remote office connects to head office via dial-up ISDN. The 3 PCs are running Win2k and Office XP. If a user connects to head office, reads emails, closes Outlook the line drops, as it should, after 1 minute of inactivity. If however, Outlook is left open, the line still drops BUT keeps opening every 2 minutes afterwards. This doesn't happen with Outlook 2000 as tested at another remote office with identical router. The option to collect email every 5 minutes is not switched on. The option to disable scheduled send/receives is not ticked, and whilst I don't believe this shou...

Ability to track Standard/Current cost on a per site basis
It would be a good idea to be able to track the Standard Cost and current cost of an item on a per site basis in order to be able to also have site specific pricing. As we all know, companies with locations in different cities have different costs for the same item. In order to properly price an item, these costs must be taken into account. With the current structure of the Inventory module, only one standard cost and one current cost is tracked. Considering the current cost of freight etc... it is ridiculous to assume that the standard/current cost of an item is the same regardless...

hours & minutes ADDITION IN EXCEL
i want hours & minutes in addition form in another two columns in exce as formate given below : A HOURS MINUTES 1 20 1 00 B TOTAL HR-MI 6000 45 6002 5 6003 5 Please reply on smasif228@yahoo.co +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: hrmin.JPG |Download: http://www.highdots.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=330 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- smasi --...