Show and change IP

Hello,

I would like to write a small program that shows me the IP of my computer
and then allows me to change that IP. What would be the best approach to do
that?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
René

On 08/02/2010 18:13, Rene Heinze wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to write a small program that shows me the IP of my computer
> and then allows me to change that IP. What would be the best approach to do
> that?

You can get ALL the IPs of a machine by calling gethostbyname() with the
result of gethostname().
There are plenty of samples online.

As for changing it, it can possibly be done with WMI but not guaranteed.
DO NOT just change the registry as this is behind windows back and will
cause problems.

Can I ask why you want to do this rather than use a proper network
management or DHCP, etc.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
0
Dee
2/10/2010 2:54:17 PM
Dee Earley <dee.earley@icode.co.uk> wrote:

>Can I ask why you want to do this rather than use a proper network
>management or DHCP, etc.

To me it sounds like he's writing a zombie.  Just because people post here
does not mean they're always doing good things.

0
sfdavidkaye2
2/10/2010 6:31:09 PM
On 10/02/2010 18:31, David Kaye wrote:
> Dee Earley<dee.earley@icode.co.uk>  wrote:
>
>> Can I ask why you want to do this rather than use a proper network
>> management or DHCP, etc.
>
> To me it sounds like he's writing a zombie.  Just because people post here
> does not mean they're always doing good things.

That's primarily why most of my answers are a pointer as to what to look
for rather than giving the answer outright so the OP still needs to put
in some effort.

I can see a few legit reason for changing the IP, but not many nowadays.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
0
Dee

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

change caps to sentence case
How do I change cap letters to sentence case in columns within my excel spreadsheet? Kay One column at a time...... Enter =PROPER(A1) and drag/copy down. Copy/paste special>values(in place) on the column then delete the original. VBA Macro from David McRitchie......... If unsure of what to do with this code, see David's Getting Started with Macros and VBA. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Sub Proper() 'David McRitchie, programming, 2003-03-07 Dim rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range, bigrange As Range Dim cell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False A...

Can you change a Report Caption property?
I have a simple Access report captioned "ARK252 Balancing" that is currently e-mailed manually on a daily basis. Under the current process, we would export the report in .rtf format and rename manually using the most recent date in the [SS DATE] field in one of the tables. For example, the report Caption currently reads "ARK252 Balancing 06202007.rtf". I have created a macro that uses the SendObject action to generate and attach the report to the e-mail recipients in the .rtf format automatically to eliminate this manual process. Can the Caption of the report (wh...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

Why Excel outlines cells that change?
Lately, Excel seems to outline cells that I change. The outline seems to remain until I cause the window to be update -- for example, scrolling the cells out of view, then into view, or minimizing, then maximizing the window. If this is an option that I can disable, please tell me how. FYI, I am using Excel 2002 (10.4302.4219) SP-2. Unfortunately, I am using an MS Win server that someone else controls. So I do not know what changed to cause this new outline behavior. Hi goto 'Tools - Track changes' and disbale this feature -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Help Me wrot...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Changing font for check box
Hello, Please help. I am using Excel 97 with Win 95. I need to change the font (made it bigger) and color for the control box (check box, option box.....) I have no luck to search the help. Second question: How many worksheet I can create in one workbook? Thank you for your time. Long 1.In design mode right click on the check box and select properties, you can change them from there 2.Limited only by system resources -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove ne...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Reverse fold change values
Hi Sorry about the form of this question, I'm not very good at explaining things!! I have compared values in conditionA against condition B. It is a unidirectional comparison in that I cannot compare condition B against conditionA. Say that Condition A has a value of 10 and condition B has a value of 2, I will get a fodl change value of 5, in that Condition A is 5 fold greater than conditionB. However if condition A has a value of 2 and conditionB has a value of 10, then I get a fold value of 0.2, even though the fold change is the same, it's just the direction of the fold cha...

Change of address auto-reply rule is not working in Outlook 2003
Hello, I've been trying to set up an auto-reply rule in Outlook 2003 home (that is, using my POP account with my ISP). I am in the process of changing my ISP, and want to send an auto-reply message to all entries in my Outlook contacts folder. I specified the following conditions in the rule: - sender is in Contacts address book, and on this machine only - reply using C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\New address.oft The template contains a simple update email text message, the recipient and subject fields are empty. I treid testing the ru...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

name change #2
how can I change the name that appears in the from box when I send mail? current name was misspelled and need to correct -- Richard Ator Natty Flatt USA http://nattyflatt.blogspot.com/ Always remember before you can become old and wise you must be young and stupid. I'm stuck somewhere in between. Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. Open Outlook, choose E-mail Accounts from the Tools drop down menu. Check View or change existing e-mail accounrs. Click Next. Select (highlight) the account that you wish to change. Then click on the Change button. Change your name. (Y...

Prevent formulas changing when moving value
Since my place of work moved to Excel 2007 I regularly run into this kind of problem. I am filling in a timesheet with columns for monday-friday (columns D to H). There is a total column at the end (I). The formula in the total column is "=SUM(D__:H__)". Often I accidently type a value into, say, D, then cut and paste it into E and then Excel changes the formula in I to no longer include monday in the total (it becomes "=SUM(E__:H__)"). I seem to run into this problem all the time whenever I am using Excel now, is there any way to switch it off? I've also tried ...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Footnote number formatting changes spontaneously
Word 2003 Using the dialog at Insert menu > Reference > Footnote, I inserted the first footnote in my document with the asterisk/cross/etc. "number" formatting and set the numbering to Restart Each Page. Thereafter, I used Ctrl-Alt-F to insert subsequent footnotes, and the same formatting appeared, no problem. When I close and reopen the document, however, the footnote references become numerals and are Continuous throughout the document. How can I make the formatting I want stick? Thanks. This is very strange. You should treat the document as corrupt; see ...

Change horizontal tables to vertical stacked tables?
I have four sets of identical "data tables", five columns to a table. So Table 1 uses columns A-E, Table 2 F-J, and so forth. I update these tables daily, and not all tables get new data. They are laid out horizontally because the row counts are not the same for each table - Table one may have 60 rows, but Table 2 may have 100 rows, and so forth. One of my supervisors would like to see these tables as a vertical stack - Table 1, 2, 3, and 4 all down columns A-E. Since the row count varies for each table and can vary daily, I'm wondering what the best way is to accompish this....