remove previous vb6 project versions from Control Panel

Hello

I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my
vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on
the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen
in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the
program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a
solution?

Thanks

Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus

catharinus wrote:
> Hello
>
> I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my
> vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on
> the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen
> in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the
> program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a
> solution?

Like most MS tools of that era - VB and its tools error on the side of
what-ever will produce the fewer phone calls, ie, consider the wrath that
would be invoked if the install 'failed' and the existing app no longer
worked either. <g>

In general if you do not specifically plan for side-by-side installation
(simply providing a new name for the new executable should do it), you
should always uninstall the current version before installing the new.

If for some reason this isn't acceptable reply back.

-ralph

0
Ralph
2/4/2010 3:58:21 PM
On 4 feb, 16:58, "Ralph" <nt_consultin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> catharinus wrote:
> > Hello
>
> > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my
> > vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on
> > the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen
> > in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the
> > program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a
> > solution?
>
> Like most MS tools of that era - VB and its tools error on the side of
> what-ever will produce the fewer phone calls, ie, consider the wrath that
> would be invoked if the install 'failed' and the existing app no longer
> worked either. <g>
>
> In general if you do not specifically plan for side-by-side installation
> (simply providing a new name for the new executable should do it), you
> should always uninstall the current version before installing the new.
>
> If for some reason this isn't acceptable reply back.
>
> -ralph

Thanks Ralph

I want a custom-friendly installation, so that's why I want these
problems to be solved. I hope you have a soluiton for both problems

Thanks
Catharinus van der Werf
csvandwerf@planet.n
0
catharinus
2/4/2010 4:30:14 PM
On 4 feb, 17:30, catharinus <csvanderw...@planet.nl> wrote:
> On 4 feb, 16:58, "Ralph" <nt_consultin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > catharinus wrote:
> > > Hello
>
> > > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my
> > > vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times o=
> > > the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-scree=
> > > in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the
> > > program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a
> > > solution?
>
> > Like most MS tools of that era - VB and its tools error on the side of
> > what-ever will produce the fewer phone calls, ie, consider the wrath th=
at
> > would be invoked if the install 'failed' and the existing app no longer
> > worked either. <g>
>
> > In general if you do not specifically plan for side-by-side installatio=
> > (simply providing a new name for the new executable should do it), you
> > should always uninstall the current version before installing the new.
>
> > If for some reason this isn't acceptable reply back.
>
> > -ralph
>
> Thanks Ralph
>
> I want a custom-friendly installation, so that's why I want these
> problems to be solved. I hope you have a soluiton for both problems
>
> Thanks
> Catharinus van der Werf
> csvandw...@planet.n- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Hi Ralph

I tried something myself. I inserted a code-line in frmBegin in the
Setup1-project that is used by the PDW-project. I managed to delete
the executable that I installed with the PDW-project. But I =E7an't
manage to remove the previous version. Do you have a solution.

Thanks again

Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus
2/5/2010 8:52:10 AM
On 04/02/2010 15:27, catharinus wrote:
> Hello
>
> I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my
> vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on
> the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen
> in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the
> program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a
> solution?

Sorry, but scrap it and use Inno.
HUGELY more usable and reliable :)
http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Setups

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
0
Dee
2/5/2010 10:09:58 AM
On 5 feb, 11:09, Dee Earley <dee.ear...@icode.co.uk> wrote:
> On 04/02/2010 15:27, catharinus wrote:
>
> > Hello
>
> > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my
> > vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on
> > the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen
> > in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the
> > program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a
> > solution?
>
> Sorry, but scrap it and use Inno.
> HUGELY more usable and reliable :)http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Setups
>
> --
> Dee Earley (dee.ear...@icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Team
>
> iCode Systems

Oke Dee,
I was thinking about that already. But I am a little scared to to it.
Could I send you an example of my innosetup. script?
thanks
Cathairnus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl

0
catharinus
2/5/2010 11:39:14 AM
On 5 feb, 12:39, catharinus <csvanderw...@planet.nl> wrote:
> On 5 feb, 11:09, Dee Earley <dee.ear...@icode.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > On 04/02/2010 15:27, catharinus wrote:
>
> > > Hello
>
> > > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my
> > > vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on
> > > the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen
> > > in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the
> > > program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a
> > > solution?
>
> > Sorry, but scrap it and use Inno.
> > HUGELY more usable and reliable :)http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Setups
>
> > --
> > Dee Earley (dee.ear...@icode.co.uk)
> > i-Catcher Development Team
>
> > iCode Systems
>
> Oke Dee,
> I was thinking about that already. But I am a little scared to to it.
> Could I send you an example of my innosetup. script?
> thanks
> Cathairnus van der Werf
> csvanderw...@planet.nl- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Hello again
For example, how to deal with MDAC_TYPE, which, according to the DPW-
should be installed on the app.path. And how does Inno know whether a
file should be installed in system or in system32?

Catharinua van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus
2/5/2010 12:26:21 PM
If you end up sticking with PDW, I've got a couple
of versions here that might be useful:

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.php5#set1
http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.php5#set12

  I originally rewrote Setup1 to cut down the bloat.
Then I rewrote it again to eliminate setup.exe and
add updates like an icon in Add/Remove, a folder
in App Data, a Desktop shortcut, etc.

   I don't really see the point of what you're trying to
do, but knowing the details of how setup1 works
might help (assuming you don't already know).

  The Uninstall key name with VB6 always starts with
"ST6UNST". You could check for existing installs by
enumerating those keys. You could then run the
uninstall from a wrapper EXE before starting the new
install.
   You could also just edit setup1 to overwrite
files in the program folder, if that's the problem. You
can do whatever you want by editing setup1. Just be
sure that you edit the uninstall .log file appropriately.
That's where the uninstall gets the list of operations
to perform. (Setup1 has methods for that: NewAction,
AddActionNote, CommitAction.)

  But aren't you opening
yourself up to a lot of problems by allowing people
to install over the old version? For instance, the
App Path key can only point to one version. How
do you know that install #2 overwrote install #1
and didn't get put into another path?

0
mayayana
2/5/2010 2:56:01 PM
catharinus wrote:

> I tried something myself. I inserted a code-line in frmBegin in the
> Setup1-project that is used by the PDW-project. I managed to delete
> the executable that I installed with the PDW-project. But I ´┐Żan't
> manage to remove the previous version. Do you have a solution.

Don't have my Setup1 in front of me.
But it is done by simply 'Shell and Wait" on
Target: $(WinPath)\ST6UNST.EXE -n "$(AppPath)ST6UNST.LOG"
Start in: $(WinPath)
(obvious that is from a short-cut - complete the macros as necessary)

Take a look at mayayana's URLs.
Lots of good stuff.

-ralph

0
Ralph
2/5/2010 3:22:55 PM
On 5 feb, 15:56, "mayayana" <mayaXXy...@rcXXn.com> wrote:
> If you end up sticking with PDW, I've got a couple
> of versions here that might be useful:
>
> http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.php5#set1http://www.jsware.net/jsware=
/vbcode.php5#set12

> =A0 I originally rewrote Setup1 to cut down the bloat.
> Then I rewrote it again to eliminate setup.exe and
> add updates like an icon in Add/Remove, a folder
> in App Data, a Desktop shortcut, etc.
>
> =A0 =A0I don't really see the point of what you're trying to
> do, but knowing the details of how setup1 works
> might help (assuming you don't already know).
>
> =A0 The Uninstall key name with VB6 always starts with
> "ST6UNST". You could check for existing installs by
> enumerating those keys. You could then run the
> uninstall from a wrapper EXE before starting the new
> install.
> =A0 =A0You could also just edit setup1 to overwrite
> files in the program folder, if that's the problem. You
> can do whatever you want by editing setup1. Just be
> sure that you edit the uninstall .log file appropriately.
> That's where the uninstall gets the list of operations
> to perform. (Setup1 has methods for that: NewAction,
> AddActionNote, CommitAction.)
>
> =A0 But aren't you opening
> yourself up to a lot of problems by allowing people
> to install over the old version? For instance, the
> App Path key can only point to one version. How
> do you know that install #2 overwrote install #1
> and didn't get put into another path?

Thank you very much for your suggestions. But answering your
questions, I d=F3n''t want to see different versions in Control Panels
_Software, when I only install my program on one place. So after
installing it 5 times on the same place (I try to think as a customer,
who could do this for any reason, for example because the application
( always called Acount.exe for example) needs to be updated), Then I
see 5 fles called  ST6UNST.log,ST6UNST.001,ST6UNST.002, ST6UNST.003
and ST6UNST.004 in the same directory,  that all(!!!) uninstall the
same application at the same place. And in the same way you have this
5 times in the Control Panels -Software. I only want it 1 time (of
course).
And this problem also affects the program itself. Aflter installing a
new Setup of the same program Account.exe on the same place, the
program Account.exe is not changed, very strange because by
installling a new Setup, the old version of Account.exe should be
overwritten by the new version  that is in the new setup.

Hopy you can help me. Thanks in advantage.

Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl

0
catharinus
2/5/2010 9:59:15 PM
On 5 feb, 16:22, "Ralph" <nt_consultin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> catharinus wrote:
>
> > I tried something myself. I inserted a code-line in frmBegin in the
> > Setup1-project that is used by the PDW-project. I managed to delete
> > the executable that I installed with the PDW-project. But I =E7an't
> > manage to remove the previous version. Do you have a solution.
>
> Don't have my Setup1 in front of me.
> But it is done by simply 'Shell and Wait" on
> Target: $(WinPath)\ST6UNST.EXE -n "$(AppPath)ST6UNST.LOG"
> Start in: $(WinPath)
> (obvious that is from a short-cut - complete the macros as necessary)
>
> Take a look at mayayana's URLs.
> Lots of good stuff.
>
> -ralph

Thanks Ralph

I tried the following: Call Shell(CurDir & "\St6unst -n """ &
gstrDestDir & """St6unst.002 - f - q")
without succes.

Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus
2/5/2010 10:02:58 PM
"catharinus" <csvanderwerf@planet.nl> wrote in message
> I tried the following: Call Shell(CurDir & "\St6unst -n """ &
> gstrDestDir & """St6unst.002 - f - q")
> without succes.

Try:

Call Shell(Chr(34) & CurDir & "\St6unst" & Chr(34) & " -n """ & gstrDestDir
& """St6unst.002 - f - q")

0
Nobody
2/5/2010 10:49:33 PM
>Then I
see 5 fles called  ST6UNST.log,ST6UNST.001,ST6UNST.002, ST6UNST.003
and ST6UNST.004 in the same directory

 If that's the case, and there are no changes to the
install other than the EXE update, you could just
have the new EXE delete the Registry keys that are
outdated:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
ST6UNST #1
ST6UNST #2
ST6UNST #3

Add/Remove in the Control Panel gets its list from
those keys.

  I don't know about the problem with overwriting.
There's a bug in the original setup1: If the version
is newer it overwrites, but if it can't find the version
it checks the date, and that part of the code is
reversed from the way it should work. That doesn't
sound like it's the problem you're having, though.
I guess you'd just need to add some custom code
to delete the original EXE before proceeding.

0
mayayana
2/5/2010 11:55:47 PM
On 5 feb, 23:49, "Nobody" <nob...@nobody.com> wrote:
> "catharinus" <csvanderw...@planet.nl> wrote in message

> > I tried the following: Call Shell(CurDir & "\St6unst -n """ &
> > gstrDestDir & """St6unst.002 - f - q")
> > without succes.
>
> Try:
>
> Call Shell(Chr(34) & CurDir & "\St6unst" & Chr(34) & " -n """ & gstrDestDir
> & """St6unst.002 - f - q")

thanks Nobody
I tried it, nothing happened

Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus
2/6/2010 12:05:13 AM
On 6 feb, 00:55, "mayayana" <mayaXXy...@rcXXn.com> wrote:
> >Then I
>
> see 5 fles called =A0ST6UNST.log,ST6UNST.001,ST6UNST.002, ST6UNST.003
> and ST6UNST.004 in the same directory
>

> =A0If that's the case, and there are no changes to the
> install other than the EXE update, you could just
> have the new EXE delete the Registry keys that are
> outdated:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
> ST6UNST #1
> ST6UNST #2
> ST6UNST #3
>
> Add/Remove in the Control Panel gets its list from
> those keys.
>
> =A0 I don't know about the problem with overwriting.
> There's a bug in the original setup1: If the version
> is newer it overwrites, but if it can't find the version
> it checks the date, and that part of the code is
> reversed from the way it should work. That doesn't
> sound like it's the problem you're having, though.
> I guess you'd just need to add some custom code
> to delete the original EXE before proceeding.

I hardcode the following, to simple delete the Program: Kill
Account.exe, but I guess that should be a variable, because you should
be able to use it for every setup and poogram.

About removing the registry keys, thanks, that's what I want.
But how can I remove these registry keys?
Do you have an example-code

Thanks
Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus
2/6/2010 12:27:19 AM

I hardcode the following, to simple delete the Program: Kill
Account.exe, but I guess that should be a variable, because you should
be able to use it for every setup and poogram.

  Yes. Also it would be safer to then read the
App Paths key to get the path. But it sounds like
you're certain the install can only be on 1 specific
path, so maybe that doesn't matter.

About removing the registry keys, thanks, that's what I want.
But how can I remove these registry keys?
Do you have an example-code

There's a class here:

http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/vb/Utilities/Type_Library_Registration_Uti
lity/Register_TypeLib_Source_Code_zip_cRegistry_cls.asp

 Note that on NT systems you can't delete a
key with subkeys. That shouldn't matter in your
case, but it's good to know. On 9x you can just delete
the parent key. On NT you have to "walk up the
tree", deleting the last key first.

   You should be able to figure out which keys
to delete by just parsing the file list in your
program folder.

0
mayayana
2/6/2010 4:07:25 PM
catharinus wrote:
> On 5 feb, 23:49, "Nobody" <nob...@nobody.com> wrote:
>> "catharinus" <csvanderw...@planet.nl> wrote in message

>>> I tried the following: Call Shell(CurDir & "\St6unst -n """ &
>>> gstrDestDir & """St6unst.002 - f - q")
>>> without succes.
>>
>> Try:
>>
>> Call Shell(Chr(34) & CurDir & "\St6unst" & Chr(34) & " -n """ &
>> gstrDestDir & """St6unst.002 - f - q")
>
> thanks Nobody
> I tried it, nothing happened

[Tried getting back to you sooner. My current installation is a mess. My
main PC is broke, new router being configured, two new PCs with incomplete
setups, blah, blah, ... But enough of my personal problems.]

Can't post my code, but here are a few general notes (with some URLs I have
rounded up).

1) Don't use "Shell", use ShellExecute for "Shell and Wait" or for a simple
launch.

2) Normally I launch and run the "Uninstall Shortcut" that Setup will
create.
First because the log will contain the path information which the user used
to install the product. Second if the shortcut is missing or invalid, it is
a good indication the installation has been messed with.
One example can be found here:
http://vb.mvps.org/articles/

Also the Shortcut (and the log) can be mined for information should you want
to do something more exotic.
http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_get_shortcut_info.html

3) If you take a good look at Mayayana's stuff, and a closer look at Setup1
as you play around, you will soon notice there isn't much mystery to
installing any application. In fact if you create a batch file (powerscript,
vbscript, ...) and put the string "setup" or "install" in its name - it can
serve just as well.

[If the only thing that is changing is the exe - you might just consider a
batch file. <g>]

The 'mystery' and complexity comes from your target. Obviously - the
requirements for a setup one might write for Friends 'n Family with 'known'
boxes, and everyone an Administrator, is going to vary dramatically from an
install for a commercial product expected to be release into the great
unknown.

So work out who your target is, how you want to offer changes, then simply
design to do that.

-ralph

0
Ralph
2/6/2010 6:13:07 PM

"mayayana" <mayaXXyana@rcXXn.com> wrote in message

> Note that on NT systems you can't delete a
> key with subkeys. That shouldn't matter in your
> case, but it's good to know. On 9x you can just delete
> the parent key. On NT you have to "walk up the
> tree", deleting the last key first.

You're apparently using the "wrong" API function. What you say is exactly
true for RegDeleteKey.  However, for any NT-based system with IE4 or later,
there is another function, SHDeleteKey, that WILL delete keys having
subkeys. This function is exported by SHLWAPI.DLL version 4.71, which was
first distributed with IE4. Here's the declaration:

Private Declare Function SHDeleteKey Lib "shlwapi.dll" Alias "SHDeleteKeyA"
(ByVal hKey As Long, ByVal pszSubKey As String) As Long

--
Mike

0
MikeD
2/6/2010 8:53:01 PM
> However, for any NT-based system with IE4 or later,
> there is another function, SHDeleteKey, that WILL delete keys having
> subkeys. This function is exported by SHLWAPI.DLL version 4.71, which was
> first distributed with IE4. Here's the declaration:
>
> Private Declare Function SHDeleteKey Lib "shlwapi.dll" Alias
"SHDeleteKeyA"
> (ByVal hKey As Long, ByVal pszSubKey As String) As Long

 Ooh, that's a good one. Thanks. And it appears
to be good back to Win95 with Active Desktop.

0
mayayana
2/7/2010 12:12:03 AM
Woops. I may have spoken too soon. In my
copy of MSDN it says this:

---
Windows 95: This function deletes a subkey and all its descendants.

Windows NT: The specified key must not contain any subkeys.
---

Is that a known misprint?

0
mayayana
2/7/2010 12:19:19 AM
On 7 feb, 01:19, "mayayana" <mayaXXy...@rcXXn.com> wrote:
> Woops. I may have spoken too soon. In my
> copy of MSDN it says this:
>
> ---
> Windows 95: This function deletes a subkey and all its descendants.
>
> Windows NT: The specified key must not contain any subkeys.
> ---
>
> Is that a known misprint?

Hello my friends

I am so surprised by your many answers.I need time to react on it, but
now I have to say: thank you very much!!!!!

Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus
2/7/2010 5:17:59 PM
On 05/02/2010 12:26, catharinus wrote:
> On 5 feb, 12:39, catharinus<csvanderw...@planet.nl>  wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, but scrap it and use Inno.
>>> HUGELY more usable and reliable :)http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Setups
>>
>> Oke Dee,
>> I was thinking about that already. But I am a little scared to to it.
>> Could I send you an example of my innosetup. script?
>> thanks
>
> Hello again
> For example, how to deal with MDAC_TYPE, which, according to the DPW-
> should be installed on the app.path. And how does Inno know whether a
> file should be installed in system or in system32?

http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?dcommdac

Inno doesn't know, you tell it where, depending on where the authors
have said it should be put.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
0
Dee
2/8/2010 11:12:00 AM

> Woops. I may have spoken too soon. In my
> copy of MSDN it says this:
>
> ---
> Windows 95: This function deletes a subkey and all its descendants.
>
> Windows NT: The specified key must not contain any subkeys.
> ---
>
> Is that a known misprint?

You must have a pretty old edition of MSDN Library. I don't want to say it's
a misprint because maybe MS changed its functionality at some point (not
likely, but possible).  However, the October 2001 edition even has the
"correct" documentation.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb773486(VS.85).aspx

If you want to be sure you *don't* delete a key that has subkeys, there's
SHDeleteEmptyKey.

--
Mike

0
MikeD
2/8/2010 1:38:12 PM
> You must have a pretty old edition of MSDN Library.
> I don't want to say it's
> a misprint because maybe MS changed its functionality
> at some point (not
> likely, but possible).  However, the October 2001 edition even has the
> "correct" documentation.

  Odd. Yes, I have the VS6 version of MSDN. (98?)
I'll have to test it out sometime. But the online
version is the latest, so it does seem likely that
the '98 version is a misprint.

0
mayayana
2/8/2010 2:51:09 PM
On 8 feb, 12:12, Dee Earley <dee.ear...@icode.co.uk> wrote:
> On 05/02/2010 12:26, catharinus wrote:

> >> Oke Dee,
> >> I was thinking about that already. But I am a little scared to to it.
> >> Could I send you an example of my innosetup. script?
> >> thanks
>
> > Hello again
> > For example, how to deal with MDAC_TYPE, which, according to the DPW-
> > should be installed on the app.path. And how does Inno know whether a
> > file should be installed in system or in system32?
>
> http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?dcommdac
>
> Inno doesn't know, you tell it where, depending on where the authors
> have said it should be put.
>
> --
> Dee Earley (dee.ear...@icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Team
>
> iCode Systems- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Hello Dee, I don't understand your remark about Inno Setup. Could you
explain it?
Thanks

Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus
2/10/2010 6:37:58 AM
On 10/02/2010 06:37, catharinus wrote:

>>> Hello again
>>> For example, how to deal with MDAC_TYPE, which, according to the DPW-
>>> should be installed on the app.path. And how does Inno know whether a
>>> file should be installed in system or in system32?
>>
>> http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?dcommdac
>>
>> Inno doesn't know, you tell it where, depending on where the authors
>> have said it should be put.
>
> Hello Dee, I don't understand your remark about Inno Setup. Could you
> explain it?

Erm..
Inno setup itself doesn't magically know where are files need to go, but
instead relies on the author of the script (you) to tell it where to put
them.
The script author either knows, or will need to ask the component author
where the files should be installed.

This goes for pretty much every installer around.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
0
Dee
2/10/2010 9:12:32 AM
On 8 feb, 12:12, Dee Earley <dee.ear...@icode.co.uk> wrote:
> On 05/02/2010 12:26, catharinus wrote:

> >> Oke Dee,
> >> I was thinking about that already. But I am a little scared to to it.
> >> Could I send you an example of my innosetup. script?
> >> thanks
>
> > Hello again
> > For example, how to deal with MDAC_TYPE, which, according to the DPW-
> > should be installed on the app.path. And how does Inno know whether a
> > file should be installed in system or in system32?
>
> http://www.jrsoftware.org/iskb.php?dcommdac
>
> Inno doesn't know, you tell it where, depending on where the authors
> have said it should be put.
>
> --
> Dee Earley (dee.ear...@icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Team
>
> iCode Systems- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

Hello Dee, I don't understand your remark about Inno Setup. Could you
explain it?
Thanks

Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderw...@planet.nl
0
catharinus

Removal

Which version?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to upgrade our office edition of 2001 to the Office 2004 version. Can anyone tell me how many computers you can run the Office Professional 2004 version on as I can't seem to find this info on Microsoft's website? "chelsey@officeformac.com" wrote: > I would like to upgrade our office edition of 2001 to the Office 2004 version. > Can anyone tell me how many computers you can run the Office Professional 2004 > version on as I can't seem to find this info on Microsoft's webs...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

AfterUpdate event not firing when control is updated via code
I have a text box control on a form which is normally updated by the user. However, there are instances where a generic code is used in this field, and I have a button on the form that the user clicks to populate that control with the generic code. My problem is I have code in that text box control's AfterUpdate event that does not fire when the text box is updated by the command button's code. This is the underlying code of the command button (it pops up a form which updates the field in the main form... this is the code from that second form): Private Sub Command24_Click() D...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

In-place editable Grid Control in MFC
using VS 2005 Pro on a large MFC/ATL app... I need to display a grid control which the users can edit in-place. I've seen references to the MS DataGrid in the Help file, would this be suitable? In particular, does it need a "real" DB connection (which would rule it out), or can it, as in Windows Forms, just be given some kind of sequence object as a data source? Even if this is suitable, how would I find it? I've installed all of VS2005 (except SQL Server Express), and I don't appear to have MSDatGrd.ocx or its friends anywhere on my system (never mind the licensing iss...

Adding and removing removable drives

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Applying Project Cash Payments
I have a user (admin assistant) who in the Apply Sales Documents screen does not have the arrow beside the Apply Amount heading. Normally, this arrow allows the user to properly apply the payment to a project. I have the arrow on my screen, but I am a POWERUSER. I first thought this was a security issue, but I tried some different security for the user that didn't work. Any idea on why this button is missing? Thanks Adam, In GP10, you have to give that user's "Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports ID" access to the Project Accounting alternate window...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

Currency control in Visual Studio Tools
In a conversation with a partner(Computeration, Inc - John Dirksen), he requested that Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP include a specific currency control on the WinForm that would match the behavior of the currency control within Microsoft Dynamics GP. Specifically, he would like the control to not only format like our control in Dynamics GP, but also allow the user to handle data entry like the Dynamics GP control. For example, when you type 50. it would accept this (and show it) as $50.00. Scott Stephenson Developer Support Team Manager ---------------- This post is a...

Using Tab Control in Dialogs?
Hello, I want to use tab control in my dialog. I can add page to my tab control, but how I can edit tab contents? (I don't want to use property sheets.) I'm going to use dialog resource as tab page contents. Thanks in advance. Sadjad Fouladi wrote: > Hello, > I want to use tab control in my dialog. I can add page to my tab > control, but how I can edit tab contents? (I don't want to use property > sheets.) I'm going to use dialog resource as tab page contents. > > Thanks in advance. For each page, create a modeless dialog template and class. Turn off t...

Removing BINS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01CA379C.F0CAF860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some thousand of BINS; creating so many problems while doing the = cycle counts because they have zero Qty. on Hand and Zero Beginning = Qty.. when I do the scheduling, I get hundreds of page of report with = zero on hand data. Now as per KB 874145, if there is ZERO on-hand and there is no un-posted = TRX and these bins are not assigned default BINS, these can be deleted. = Guess. No I have use...