Project Explrer

I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6.  I have searched the
Web and found many with the same problem but have not found  any answer.

What did I do and how can I undo it.

Thanks

Marv

"M Wade" <nowhere@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

>I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6.  I have searched the Web
>and found many with the same problem but have not found  any answer.
>
> What did I do and how can I undo it.

When you choose View | Project Explorer or hit Ctrl+R, does the IDE lose
focus? (I.e., does the title bar turn the "inactive" color?) If so, the
Project Explorer is still there but off the screen. Unfortunately there does
not seem to be a keyoard shortcut to active a tool window's system menu or
I'd have a quick solution to this type of problem.

Under the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0
are two binary values, Dock and Tool. Deleting one or both (with the IDE
closed) might do the trick. I have no idea what that might screw up, though.
(I will not make any intelligence-insulting registry disclaimers. If you're
too dumb to work with the registry properly you're too dumb to be
programming, right?)

0
Jeff
3/30/2010 9:07:30 PM
M Wade wrote:
> I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6.  I have searched the Web and
> found many with the same problem but have not found  any answer.
>
> What did I do and how can I undo it.

Cntl-R

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
3/30/2010 9:10:24 PM
On 3/30/2010 5:10 PM, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> M Wade wrote:
>> I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6. I have searched the
>> Web and found many with the same problem but have not found any answer.
>>
>> What did I do and how can I undo it.
>
> Cntl-R

That did it.  I'll remember this now.  Thanks
> On 3/30/2010 5:10 PM, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> M Wade wrote:
>>> I have lost the Project Explorer windows in VB6. I have searched the
>>> Web and found many with the same problem but have not found any answer.
>>>
>>> What did I do and how can I undo it.
>>
>> Cntl-R
>>
> That did it.  I'll remember this now.

No, don't remember it. Go to the View menu, and see what's the keyboard
shortcut for "Project Explorer".

0
Nobody
3/30/2010 9:34:27 PM
Nobody wrote:
> "M Wade" <nowhere@columbus.rr.com> wrote...

>>> Cntl-R
>>>
>> That did it.  I'll remember this now.
>
> No, don't remember it. Go to the View menu, and see what's the keyboard
> shortcut for "Project Explorer".

Beat me to it.  That's exactly how I "remembered."  :-)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
3/30/2010 9:47:36 PM
On 3/30/2010 5:34 PM, Nobody wrote:
> "M Wade"<nowhere@columbus.rr.com>  wrote in message

>>> Cntl-R
>>>
>> That did it.  I'll remember this now.
>
> No, don't remember it. Go to the View menu, and see what's the keyboard
> shortcut for "Project Explorer".

I found the problem. There isn't an entry in the View Menu for Project
Explorer. I found that I didn't have the standard icon list checked
under Customize the Menu.  There is an icon for Project Explorer there.

Adding dependencies to a Setup Project.
When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Project it adds dlls to the Detected Dependencies. When I add an OCX created in C++ no dependencies are added. Is there a way for the setup project to detect dependencies for an OCX and add them? If not is there a way to add dependencies manually? I wrote an OCX with one simple method. Is there way to eliminate some of the dll dependencies needed for the project? Right now it needs MFC70.DLL MSVCR70.DLL KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL GDI32.DLL OLEAUT32.DLL Thank You for you help. Jim wrote: > When I add an exe developed in VB to a setup Proj...

Installing Project Time and Expense on Business Portal
When I try to install this component, it tells me that Project Time and expense is not installed/registered in the backoffice. Now, I do have Project Accounting installed, up and running. How do I get Project Time and expense to register in the backoffice Hi We had the same problem but now solved this. First you need to make sure Project is registered in GP. Then you need to setup Project in GP (system level), once done you should be able to install BP 2.5 with Project time and Expense. If you have not setup Project in GP (after the Project installation etc..) you will still get t...

Managing Project with only Project Server and not Project Professi
My company is currently testing Project Server 2007. While we also have the desk top client Microsoft Office Project Professional our Portfilio Manager would like to know if it is possible to also have projects managed using only the web face applicaiton. While we have Project Managers here we also have other positions here that will manage task like projects who have never used the desk top applicaiton. Rather than having to have the application installed on everyone's computer and training half our department my manager wanted to know if it could be done just using web. ...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

Project Accounting
Hi, I have had a question from a customer who uses project accounting (V10). They have set up a project with 2 fees attached. Originally the Tax Schedule against the Fee IDs was set as 'Based on Customer' and they have processed some invoices. Now it has been establised that one of the Fees should be 'Non-taxable'. The Fee ID has had this change made. For the project, when drilling back against the individual Fee line -the fees still shows as 'Based On Customer' Is it just a simple matter of changing the tax schedule at this point? I am a complete beginner at Pro...

help in my project
this is a big question and hope I'll find a help I enter in the cell B1 sheet1 the name of the material and in the cells from B2 to B10 the prices my question so if I'll enter the name of the material(B1) in the cell A1 sheet2 it will show all the prices of B2 to B10 in the cells A2 to A10 so what is the code for that? -- nader ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470988 nader Wr...

Changed location of a few files in a vc7 project, now project can't find stdafx.h despite it not moving
Hello, thanks for trying to help. I have a project in which I moved some files out of the project directory into a sibling directory of the project directory because more than one project refers to these files. But, after that, the compiler just can't seem to find a bunch of files, in particularly stdafx.h, despite the fact that I did not move that file. I tried putting the sibling dir in project properties under additional includes directories, but that did not work, either. The only thing that (partly) worked was to hardcode the path of all included files into the include directives,...

MS Project integration
Can someone help me... If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to a more appropriate one. Even point me to a help system online would be fine... I am trying to write some software that links into MS Project and collects resource information through the API. I am using Microsoft Visual Studio, C++ 6. I have an MSProject Application and I want to call the FileOpen() method. There are 15 parameters in the method, but I don't know what values the method is expecting for those parameters. The only help I can find is in the VB Object Browser within MS Project and it just repeats the ...

The macros in this project are disabled.
From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I get a message: The macros in this project are disabled. This is preventing me from running my project. Any Ideas ??? Try Help>About Ms Excel>Disabled items. Anything there that you can re-enable? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:16:53 -0700 (PDT), Greg <ApexData@gmail.com> wrote: >From the ControlBox when clicking on the Exit Design Mode button, I >get a message: > >The macros in this project are disabled. > >This is preventing me from running my project. > >Any Idea...

Project IV Transfer from Project to another project
A great feature for Project accounting Inventory Transfers would be a Transfer of Inventory costs from one job to another job. Right now, it is a 2 step process. Users have to return to inventory and then immediately create another IV transfer to the new job. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cli...

MS Project
In building up a project I typed several human resources by use of Assign Resources window. The in order to assign selected resources to a perticular task I highlight the resource and press assign. What happens is that in some cases ( not all) the resource is selected but the resource name is converted in small caps. This results in having in the resource list double entries for every resource, in original capitals and ion small caps. I must mention that the resource names are typed in Greek. What actions should I do to avoid this, and how I'll correct the already typed in ones but...

MS Project 2010
MS Project 2010 When does it come up for production? How is the cost, anybody know? Does it require a sepate database? Can it work byitself without a database? What are the benefits of having the server (MS project 2010)? -jp Hi Jp, It's released 12th May to corporate customers.... June for the consumer. It'll be on Select price lists at the begining of May. It requires SQL Server, plus SharePoint Server, all must be 64bit. The benefits will depend on your requirements, but a good place to start is here - http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/default.as...

Project Accounting and Time & Expense connecting with MS Project
We need an easy way to connect hours reported for project inside Business portal to also be connnected with MS Project to better manage overall projects. MS Project should be able to look at the GP database of Time reports. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message ...

clicked "replace with an exisiting document and lost project
Would love to find out how to retrieve the original document. In error I clicked "replace with an existing document and lost project. If you didn't save a copy of the original document elsewhere, then it's gone. Any chance you emailed to someone before overwriting it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "thirdworld" <thirdworld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27604D28-0D6E-4108-B759-63CF6E573CC1@microsoft.com... > Would love to find out how to retrieve ...

Backup Project from project server 2007
Hi, We are using project server 2007 in Single server installation mode. I want to take backup of Individual Projects so that in case of some issues we can quickly work on the .mpp files offline. Here are the steps I want to follow. 1. Launch Project Pro and log into Project Server 2. Open the project that you want to backup 3. From the Menu Bar, click File --> Save As --> Save As File 4. Save the project as an .mpp file My Question is 1. If we open a project from project server, then the project is Locked. If we use file-> save as and save the file loca...

"Multi project"-projects inside A Project
Please, I need to know more how to work with a main project that I insert 4 different small projects (linked to the main one) using a pool resource. - Where should I make all the updates? The problem know is with the duration. I update dates and work resource but every time I open one or the other they show different durations. I hope somebody knows what I am talking about! Silene Working with a master schedule can be tedious. The best advice I can give you is to keep the master, the subprojects, and the resource pool file, all in the same folder. This is not at all man...

Duplicated subprojects in PWA -> Project Center
Hello, When you open the master project in Project Center view you can see created tasks and also subprojects as links with expand option ("+"). After clicking "+" symbol, subproject expands, so that you can see task in it. At this moment the problem occurs. You can see duplicated subprojects: one of them is expanded and the other isn't (instead of "+", the "-" is seen ). The other thing is that both of them have the same ID numbers. Is there any way of resolving this problem? Regards, szymen ...

Rolled up milestones in project !
Hi ! I have a problem in MS-project, I have a masterplan in MS-project that contains several other MS-project plans and they have a whole bunch of activities and some milestones here comes the problem, when i set the milestone tasks to be rolled up to the main subproject bar for each subproject i get a milestone symbol at the main sub project bar but the name does not show up, what should i do to get the name rolled up to ? Best regards Kjell A -- Kjell Andersson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kjell Andersson's Profile: http:/...

Project Palette awol
(with apologies to those who may have picked this query up in m.p.m.o.entourage) There is no Project Palette option available from the Tools pull-down in my recently upgraded Office 2004 version of Word and Entourage. It does show up in Excell and Powerpoint though. I've tried resetting the Toolbar with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks -- Jeremy jeremyatcommunityhypenrelationsdotcoetc Hi Jeremy, don't be scared. It's not showing up in my office2004 (Word/Entourage) as well, though. I don't se a bug here, maybe it's common sense... Greetings, Jochen -- Let the Mac put a sm...

Creating a MFC project and attaching a dialog to the view class
Hello, I am new in this environment. I have an existing MFC project, from it I learned. Now I need to make a new project on my own and when choosing new project, I chose c++ - MFC application. I saw some differences between those projects that I don't understand their reason: * In the existing project I have, the icon is different - blue and now the icon is white and red. Is this because the version might be different? * In addition, the "dsw" file that appears in the existing project doesn't appear in mine. * When I run my application, it opens a white window with...

Project Server 2007
Hi, I am working on a project where we need to make Project Server 2007 available to employees that might be either located on the internal network or working remotely (and might move between the two). This means that Project Server needs to be accessible from the internet as well as the internal network. The internal network is segregated and there is no connection to the internet from it, so internal users cannot access anything on the internet. My questions is: is it possible to set up Project Server so that it has two web front end servers on separate networks? One...

Project Transactions
The transactions on my project invoice all lump together into one line that simply reads Transactions with a unit cost. We charge customers 4 different Misc. Log transaction types each month, each with a different cost. The invoice should break these out. Is there a setting that would do this? It is very important our customers get all the necessary information on the invoice. btw ... I am using the Invoice Format of Project Summary Page 2 since this is one of the few formats that actually looks like an invoice. Hi Adam-- Check out the summary settings for the billing format and...

Tax Line Manager shows incorrect salary and tax projections
Hi - The Tax Line Manager shows the correct Year to Date Salary amount but for some reason, the Projected Total for 2004 is way off. When I drill down to the projection details, it includes my projected quarterly bonus but not the regular salary (taxable income) amounts for the rest of the year. Same issue with the W-2 tax categories - the projection includes the taxes for the quarterly bonus but not the regular salary. I am using Money 2003, would appreciate any help.... thanks ...

Deleting Email in Project Center
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Can you set up Mail to send deleted messages that are connected to a project to their own deleted email file? That way if you need to look for an old, deleted email you don't need to go thru all your deleted emails. ...

HealthCare Sector: PDPR
UP ON THE NEWS - Upgrade For PDPR HealhCare Sector: PDPR - Pediatric Prosthetics Inc. Reveals Projected Earnings UP ON THE NEWS has come across very exciting news from the HealthCare Sector about PDPR HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pediatric Prosthetics Inc. (OTC.BB: PDPR) announces that the Company is exceeding its projections for the first quarter of 2004. Accounts Receivables are being accumulated at a faster rate than anticipated and major insurance companies are steadily authorizing treatments for clients. The short-term and long-term projections illustrate the result of compounde...