Microsoft Betrayed Yet Another Customer Base 08-23-10

Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 that have been making a 3D modeling and
animation software for more than 20 years, and discontinued it a year
latter. No more updates, nada.

The software has a huge following, including in Hollywood. Microsoft made
the software free, but for the many who already paid for it there are no
updates and no guarantees that the software would work on future versions of
Windows, and their graphics assets are stuck in the current version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueSpace

0
Nobody

Nobody wrote this again :
> Microsoft acquired a company in 2008 that have been making a 3D modeling and
> animation software for more than 20 years, and discontinued it a year
> latter. No more updates, nada.
>
> The software has a huge following, including in Hollywood. Microsoft made
> the software free, but for the many who already paid for it there are no
> updates and no guarantees that the software would work on future versions of
> Windows, and their graphics assets are stuck in the current version.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueSpace

Nobody answered your firt post two days ago. Why did you repost it?
The Wikipedia link states:
| As of May 2009, it has been officially discontinued, but with some
| 'unofficial support' up to February 2010, at least.

That's snow from last year, why post it now???

Helmut.

0
Helmut
:
: The software has a huge following, including in Hollywood. Microsoft made
: the software free, but for the many who already paid for it there are no
: updates and no guarantees that the software would work on future versions
of
: Windows, and their graphics assets are stuck in the current version.
:

Yeah, you already posted this once.  Any good reason you felt the need to do
it again?

0
Kevin

import contacts from another computer failing
I'm running Outlook 2003 on both machines. Trying to copy the contacts from one machine to the other by saving the pst with only the contacts (tried with/without compression and all the other options). Then going to the new machine and opening up the pst file. It keeps saying "file name.pst is not a personal folders file." any ideas? This used to work for me, but not any more. Any other ideas? I'd also like to add all the other computer's contacts into the new computer's outlook file. Can't seem to do that either. thank you "Mix Head"...

Error in coding going from one computer to another.
I have a database that works great on my laptop where it was created. I placed it on our server but I am the only one who can access and work with it. Everyone else gets an error for the String. Any suggestions? This is the actual error: Private Sub Combo230_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[Quality Plan ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo230], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End Sub where ther error is at 'Str'. Thank you Dyper How about telling us t...

VLookup 05-27-10
I have a workbook with two worksheets. On the first - it has the following columns: Inv # Employee Fees Paid on the second worksheet i have the following: Inv # Employee Fees Billed Hrs Billed I want to be able to pull the information from the 2nd worksheet onto the first one. I know how to do vertical lookups but in this case, I need two. I need the system to first look for the invoice # and then look for the employee. Once it sees those two matches, i want it to populate the fees billed and hours billed. Is this possible? Thanks! I almos...

Customize CFileDialog #2
Hello I have a customized CFileDialog, and I wanted to get the change event from the combobox that maintain the filename cmb13. I tried serveral way, but i failed to get any event. Is there any way to get the event from the filename control. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 12-08-09
I get the following message when I try to launch a link from a email message This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your System Administrator. How do I correct this problem See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Joe Giambrone" <JoeGiambrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C313722-B094-47A2-8847-081D42289D7C@microsoft.com... >I get th...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

TEST 07-31-10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0" ------=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable TEST ------=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTM...

Customizing view
I would like to know is there a way to customize or change the view of the spreadsheet to fit to the screen similiarly to the way the print screen looks like? I know that I can change the percentage but that changes the overall ratio. thanks in advance, Jan You can use Zoom like this to only see a range Range("b3:g10").Select ActiveWindow.Zoom = True -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01df01c49c27$45bfecc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to know is there a way to cust...

Linking custom fields
Hi, Currently we are not using CRM workflow for the sales process. I have created two custom fields called "Sales Stage" (Pick List) and "Probabilty"( Int). Can I automatically change the probabilty % based on the change in the sales stage? Regards, Pradeep George Pradeep, You can use JavaScript (written in the onChange event of Sales Stage) to change the value of Probability depending on the Sales Stage selected. HTH, Niths "Pradeep George" wrote: > Hi, > > Currently we are not using CRM workflow for the sales process. I have > create...

Access 2000 01-07-08
Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event which then opens up Outlook Express with the email address you have just clicked appearing in the To: line? Sarah, > Does anyone know how to define an email field as a clickable event... Every TextControl has a DoubleClick event. Any code you want to run when the field is double-clicked should be placed in that event. Given an Email field on the form named EMail1, the following code will send an email to the email address contained in Email1. (Don't use the Click event, as that will send an email every time...

Microsoft Promo

Double click to send cell to another app?
I have NO clue how this is done, or even if it is an excel command... But I have a spreadsheet that work has sent me that if I double click on any cell in the A column, it captures that cell data and sends it to another window then does an Enter command. I have looked all through the spreadsheet and I can't find any macro at all, or anything that might do this. I doubt it is another application because I setup another spreadsheet to mimic it, and it will not do it, so it has to be tied to that spreadsheet somehow. Does anyone have any clue how this works, or if it is no...

Problem with the HR Accrue Attendance Transaction in GP 10.0
Hello! I am using GP 10.0.0, HR with Payroll. I have setup the Accrual process for Paid Time Off (PTO) accruals. I am using the Hr/Yr method to accrue time. I am in the process of running payroll for the employees (500 or so employees) that has worked this past 2 wks. All should be earning or accruing Vacation and Sick time, when the accrue transaction is ran. Once this is ran some of the employees earn Vacation or Sick time, Some earning nothing, some earn just vacation, and some earn just sick time. I do not understand why this is happening. Its inconsistent as to what is happe...

How to save custom cell formatting?
When I goto Format - Cells - Custom and type my own format. For e.g. #,###,##0.00000 The format mentioned above is available for current file only. How do I make it available to other files (and new ones) as well? ...

Cell Format 05-25-10
I want to enter <shift>: in a cell (this would be Shift Key and the colon character to enter a date). And then automatically format this cell so that the date is on one line, and the value "Critical Date" on the second line. So the cell value would look like this: 05/25/2010 Critical Date Can someone explain how to do this? If it can be done with code, I would be interested in that also... First, ctrl-: (control-colon) will enter the time, not the date. You want ctrl-; (control-semicolon) to enter the date. Second, you can use a custom number format to...

Custom Report
Is there a way to make custom reports in Project? I would like something like: "Unique ID" "Owner" "TaskName" --1st task "Resource Name" "Start" "Unique ID" "Owner" "TaskName" --2nd task "Resource Name" "Start"etc. TaskName should also be able to wrap for all text. Hello chazparks, Yes, you can create custom reports in Project. However, you may find that creating a table to show the required fields and then just printing the view gives you much more control over the d...

Auto filter custom filter
Hi, I have applied an autofilter to my data. I want to do a custom filter from there. My data is as follows: 100 110 120 200 210 220 300 .... 900 910 920 The 100, 200, etc levels are the total categories and i need to do a custom filter based on if the number from the list is a "hundred" number. E.g. 100, 200, 300 ... , 900 I.e. the middle digit is only 0, or the whole number is a round 100, 200, 300, etc level number... Thanks in advance, stevefromnaki Assume that you are having the values in ColumnA like the below:- A Col 100 110 120 200 21...

Creating a graph based on a chosen group of data
Hi, I have a list of data that contains multiple groups I am trying to create a graph that will show only the group that the user selects from a dropdown box. The data looks like this: Group Item Data A 1 100 A 2 120 A 3 130 B 4 75 B 5 62 B 6 110 The drop down box shows A or B, if the user selects A the graph should show 3 bars named 1, 2 and 3. If the user selects B the graph should show 3 bars named 4,...

microsoft XL