In case this group is gone from MS News Server

If you are still using MS News Server, please click at the link below in
case MS removes this group from their server. MS is in the process of
removing groups in favor of using their forums, but they are not going to
create a forum for VB Classic, so use the following links instead:

The above news server is free and doesn't require registration.

0
Nobody

Thanks!

0
Abhishek
7/14/2010 6:49:30 PM
I'm curious, what's freedomcrowsnest.org all about?

--
:
: news://news.aioe.org/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
: news://news.aioe.org/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
:
: The above news server is free and doesn't require registration.
:
:

0
Kevin
7/14/2010 8:27:23 PM
Kevin,

I'm curious, why do you ask this here?
Did I miss something?

Kind regards,

Helmut.

"Kevin Provance" <k@p.c> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm curious, what's freedomcrowsnest.org all about?
>
> --
> "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message
> : If you are still using MS News Server, please click at the link below in
> : case MS removes this group from their server. MS is in the process of
> : removing groups in favor of using their forums, but they are not going to
> : create a forum for VB Classic, so use the following links instead:
> :
> : news://news.aioe.org/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
> : news://news.aioe.org/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
> :
> : The above news server is free and doesn't require registration.
> :
> :

0
Helmut

Sorting and grouping data with varying number or rows
I have a large spreadsheet that is downloaded from another site. Is there a formula to group rows from 'header' to next header? I need to group 4 rows and then the corresponding data for the header rows which varying in the number of rows e.g. Header group Date Service Code Name Corresponding data: next 5 rows Next header (as indicated above) can have 25 rows, etc. Have you tried using a Pivot Table? A Pivot Table will do both the sorting and grouping. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm http://www.babeled.com/2008/07/18/excel-pivot-t...

select case from combobox and option group
I have an series of actions that need to be executed from differnt types of controls on 2 different forms one control is an option group, the second is a combobox (limit to list = yes) the commands had already been moved to a sub, SetPresetOptions(frm as Access.form) <call SetPresetOptions(me) > , which is located in the same module as the option group (and can be moved to a differnet module if needed) the code reads something like this: Select Case optSetPresetOptions case = 1 do something case = 2 dosomething else case = .... Ho...

Security certificate on server is invalid
I'm attempting to sync my Dash phone wirelessly through activesync. I'm using Form based authentication and SSL on my exchange server. I exported my certificate from my OWA site and installed it on my device - but even after doing that I'm still getting an error telling me that my certificate is invalid. This cert was created on the server. It is not from anywhere like verisign. Can anyone explain why the dash still thinks the cert is invalid even though its installed? ...

how to enable read receipt on exchange server
i not sure that how read receipt work. but is it possible that i can configure the read receipt setting at exchange server rather than do it on outlook ? any can tell me about this ? Only setting is on outlook itself i'm afraid to the best of my knowledge. "crm beginner" <crmbeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A74F9230-1783-4CB7-8822-DC95988DA644@microsoft.com... >i not sure that how read receipt work. but is it possible that i can > configure the read receipt setting at exchange server rather than do it on > outlook ? > any can tell...

Are attribute values case sensitive?
I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an xsl stylesheet for example? Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! "Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message news:e$wBHf5iDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the > actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an > xsl styleshee...

Project Server 2007 Manage Users Page Missing Show Options
Today it appears that my Manage Users page has become modified. The "Show" options" (All Users, Specific user) are no longer visible. Note: I have 2 instances: Production and Train. This issue is occurring in the Production instance only. When I launch Manage Users, all I see is the Search option, and aside from that, the page is blank. I can search for users, and if they have an account, it will find them. But the listing of users I always see is gone. I have made no configuration changes. I do not even know what would cause this to happen. Can anyone out there hel...

Setting child text value to custom property on parent in grouped s
Have a shape that is comprised of a group of two shapes, a text field and an image. On the parent shape I have a custom property field with “Ask on drop” toggled on. Is it possible to set the value of the child text field to be the entered value of the parent custom property field? If so, how do I do this? TIA Hi UKD, You need enter a more complicated formula in the Insert > Field dialog -- the sub-shape's text needs to do a "cross-sheet refernence" to get to the group's prop-value. Try this: 1. Get the group's SheetID by selecting the group, choosing For...

Case Lookup 04-21-06
Is there a way to prevent resolved cases from appearing in the case lookup? Specifically... Create an email in Outlook. Click the 'Track in CRM' button. Click the 'Regarding' button. Change the 'Look For' to Cases. Currently this lookup displays all cases with no restrictions. I would like to restrict this to only show active cases. ------=_NextPart_0001_2F86B88A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for the post. I will have to take a look at this to see if there is a way to filter the view. A quick glance at the issu...

hide or show fields in ms crm based on criteria
Is there a way to show or hide certain fields or zones based on for example the relationship type on an account screen ? Regards Wim no this is not possible in the current release. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Wim" <wim.geukens@traviata.be> wrote in message news:59875b5c.0501130909.60585b@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to show or hide certain fields or zones based on for > example the relationship type on an account screen ? > > Regards > Wim ...

Letter case problem
I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an uppercase I. It does not make any difference if I specify that the cell is text. In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem. Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case? "docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message news:1143390556.519705.230640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list > of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an...

Show in Groups
My company recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2003. In so doing, one of the default settings is that every one of my folders has "Show in Groups" checked in the "Arrange by" menu. I can only seem to unset this setting one folder at a time ... Ungh! Is there a known way to unset this setting globally for all of my folders? Thanks. Al alan12_br3aunstein@4men5tor.com (anti-spam ... remove all numbers from the email address to reply) ...

Problem with Passport servers
There is a problem with the Passport servers for the non-Microsoft (MSN, Hotmail) email addresses (for example somebody@aol.com). They are working with Passport to try to identify the problem. Do not attempt to change to a different Passport or remove the Passport at this time. Reference: http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp "Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message news:nnnak1l7705rvokp705nq5anqpljs1dntt@4ax.com... > There is a problem with the Passport servers for the non-Microsoft > (MSN, Hotmail) email addresses (for example somebody@ao...

How can I use fill hand to copy the fomula in this case?
Here is my fomula: B1: =sheet2!A1 B2: =sheet2!A4 B3: =sheet2!A7 B4: =sheet2!A11 ......... Is it possible to use fill handle to copy the fomula automatically in my case?, If so, how? Thanks. Sabrina I assume that B4 should read = sheet2!A10 with a help column in sheet1 enter the first function in B1 and fill that down the column enter in C column a series of 1<><>2<><>3<><>and extend that down th column do a sort on C column delete the surplus rows Sabrina Wrote: > Here is my fomula: > B1: =sheet2!A1 > B2: =sheet2!A4 > B3: =sheet2!A...

change lower case text to upper case text
is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft excel 2000 Yes, in an empty column enter =UPPER(A1) and copy down, in that column Copy > Paste Special > Values to lose the formulas, then Cut > Paste back to the original location. If you want to use code, see you Jimmy here, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Regards, "rotty" <rotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C15B5928-15B4-4AE6-8486-F86589685F77@microsoft.com... > is it possible to change lower case text to upper case text in microsoft > excel 2000 Y...

Submitting Nominet requests via Ms Outlook
I know there might not be many out there who do this, but hopefully one or two will be able to answer my query. In essence I want to send PGP-signed automaton requests to Nominet via MS Outlook on WinXP. I've looked at the programs that Nominet suggest and they either don't work with XP, don't integrate with Outlook or cost a bomb. Do you know of any good (and possibly free) software that can cater for my needs? I also need to export and import my PGP key which is currently in a Mac OS 9 version of PGP 2.6.3i, but that's another story!!! Thanks Laphan Laphan <news...

Customization
Hi there, I'm new to CRM and trying to customize it. I've got some question. I hope there's someone to help me out...please...:( 1. How can I rename the case status: Active and Resolved to Open and Closed? 2. I need to customize My Active Case View. When the user select the view, is there any way to show the shared cases? Thank you in advance, semaj ...

Find Cases by Case No
Hi there! Our Tech Dept wants to find quickly a Case by typing the Case No, but the default Search field for CRM searches by Title, which is not always easy to guess. Can we do something to change it, either unsupported or no? There is also the Advanced Find Utility, but can we make a shortcut for our Tech Dept which will have pre-selected the Case Object and, ideally, the Case No contains xxx row? Any ideas will be appreciated. Regards, Elena ...

Merge cases / items into cases
Hi, With Dynamics CRM 3.0, is it possible to either merge cases in their entirety, or merge additional items into a case? By additional items I mean, for example, I have an ongoing case with a customer but then they send me a new email (that doesn't have the CRM tags) - can I merge that email into the existing case? Cheers. You can append the email to the case (providing the case is still open). To do this, set the Regarding field of the email -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "Wayno" wrote: ...

CRM 4.0 Cases
I am new to crm 4.0 was wondering if anyone can help with the following 2 points: a) Under Services -> Cases -> New, the Customers field is mandatory. I have a situation where a customer name/address information is not available but I need to add a case anyway. Is there a way to make this field non-mandatory? OR if I add a "Blank" customer is there a way to automatically add this customer upon saving the record provided it is blank when saving? b) Again under Services -> Cases -> New, if the customer you wish to enter is not on the database already, i.e. a new cust...

Owner Draw Listbox, where each item is a dialog or group of contro
I'm trying to implement the equivalent of an owner draw list box where each item contains either a child dialog or an identical group of controls. I found the ListDlg sample, which apparently does just that using dialogs, but the link to download the code is dead. Does anyone have something like this or know where I could find the sample code? ...

Error when reactivating cases
I have applied rollup 2, but am still getting this error when trying to reactivate any case: Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stac...

Mail Enabled Universal Security Groups?
Need some expert clarification.... Situation: 1. Exchange Admin Guide recommends that Distribution Lists be setup as Universal to ensure that membership is resolved throughout the multi-domain environment (we have 3 domains). 2. Windows 2003 Admin Guide recommends that Universal Security Groups change infrequently because the entire group membership is re-replicated to all GC's everytime there is a change. They further state, you should use a Global Group for the Users and nest it in the Universal. I have a situation where it would be ideal to have several mail-enabled Universa...

Try on this update from MS
--frqlsxuwtkzxkbbp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jiiltdrghi"; type="multipart/alternative" --jiiltdrghi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ayanisdbgqbtapr" --ayanisdbgqbtapr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to p...

visual studio and sql server
If I have installed visual studio, does that license me for SQL Server ? In other words, do we have to buy another license for SQL or does SQL come with Visual Studio and hence could be covered with my VS license. Are SQL client tools ( Management studio ) installed on client machines free i.e. not installing the database engine ? To what use do you want to install and use SQL-Server? Some versions of Visual Studio come with a copy of the Developer Edition of SQL-Server. If this is your case, you can then install it but this version can be used only for designing, develo...