how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve

how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve ) with VB ,
VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ?

thanks in advance

In article <3CDB610D-71E4-4593-A808-928EA4B5AE89@microsoft.com>,
sunlite@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve ) with VB ,
> VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ?
>
> thanks in advance

Program the solution to equation, then use your favorite plotting tool
to plot it.

David
8/4/2010 1:27:17 PM
thanks David so much!

Would you be so kind to explain in detail?
i.e. how to Program the solution to equation ?

then how to use the plotting tool using VB or VBA, instead of manually.

thanks again

"David Kerber" wrote:

> In article <3CDB610D-71E4-4593-A808-928EA4B5AE89@microsoft.com>,
> sunlite@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> >
> > how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve ) with VB ,
> > VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ?
> >
> > thanks in advance
>
> Program the solution to equation, then use your favorite plotting tool
> to plot it.

> .

Are you going to pay him for doing your work for you?  <g>

--
Mike

"sunlite" <sunlite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks David so much!
>
> Would you be so kind to explain in detail?
> i.e. how to Program the solution to equation ?
>
> then how to use the plotting tool using VB or VBA, instead of manually.
>
> thanks again
>

> "David Kerber" wrote:
>
>> In article <3CDB610D-71E4-4593-A808-928EA4B5AE89@microsoft.com>,
>> sunlite@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>> >
>> > how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve )
>> > with VB ,
>> > VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ?
>> >
>> > thanks in advance
>>
>> Program the solution to equation, then use your favorite plotting tool
>> to plot it.

>> .

0
MikeD
8/5/2010 5:11:20 PM
In article <33053BB0-9B0F-4454-A74A-EAE8554FF248@microsoft.com>,
sunlite@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> thanks David so much!
>
> Would you be so kind to explain in detail?
> i.e. how to Program the solution to equation ?

Find the equation in some mathematical handbook.  For example, if you
were doing a quadratic, you might find:

s = ax^2 + bx + c

You write a vb program that will have something like:

dim a as double, b as double, c as double, s as double, x as double
dim plotdata(20)

for x = 0 to 19
	s = a*x^2 + b*x + c
	plotdata(x) = s
next x

As for plotting, you'll either need to write your own, or find a 3rd
party package.  I use GigaSoft ProEssentials.  It may be more than you
need, but there are tons of others out there.

> then how to use the plotting tool using VB or VBA, instead of manually.
>
> thanks again
>

> "David Kerber" wrote:
>
> > In article <3CDB610D-71E4-4593-A808-928EA4B5AE89@microsoft.com>,
> > sunlite@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > >
> > > how to create a 4 parameter logistic equation curve ( 4 P L Curve ) with VB ,
> > > VBA or Excel? instead of using MatLab or other Math add-in ?
> > >
> > > thanks in advance
> >
> > Program the solution to equation, then use your favorite plotting tool
> > to plot it.

> > .

0
David

Encode URL parameter value?
Hi, I need to pass parameter to a URL (on the internet). Are there any function to encode parameter like Server.URLEncode() in ASP? Thank you, Kelvin Are you talking about InternetCanonicalizeUrl()? "Kelvin" <Kelvin_gl@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:ehdMDOFVEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to pass parameter to a URL (on the internet). Are there any function > to encode parameter like Server.URLEncode() in ASP? > > Thank you, > Kelvin > > Oh yes, it is exactly what I had spent a lot to time looking for... Thank you a lot....

create a roster

Converting minutes to seconds #4
I have got this working with excel 2000 but will this work with 97. have tried it but i just get ERR Jame -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27641 ...

Task Create - Status

NDR 4.4.6?
I get the following error when attempting to send to a particular DL. A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <SERVER #4.4.6> How do I check the possibility of looping? Do the users in the DL have forwarding turned on within their mail properties in AD? "pscottlee" <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:196F18E2-895E-4AB9-A40E-8D2A6F2E0378@microsoft.com... >I get the following error when attempting to send to a particu...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Saving excelXP file to use on p.c with Excel 97?
Hi i need to save my files i create from my home computer using office Xp to my office p.c which is running office 97. I have tried it but everytime i save my file at work i geta message stating that the file was created on xp and some latest features may be missing. How i can save so i do not get this message or indeed if i can actually do it? Thanks in advance I don't think you can avoid the message - the important point would be to use features common to both - then you may get the message, but it would be of no consequence. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Mena <etracing@netconnect...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Debug assertion Failed! #4
Hi all! I have created an mfc application that would create a text file containing a comma-separated data. These data from the text file can be imported to Excel. Here's the scenario: I have generated/created a .txt file using the MFC application (ex. MyData.txt). After that, i opened the "MyData.txt" file in the Excel application: File-> Open-> MyData.txt-> Select 'Delimited' & Next-> Select 'Comma' & Finish The data was then imported by the Excel application. Afterwards, i run the MFC application again and created a .txt file with ...

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

printing from BP 4
I have what I hope isn't a stupid question. How can you print a web part from BP? We have web parts setup that run a query displaying slow moving inventory based on the sales id. the salespeople want to print their lists that appear on the portal. I may be missing something but I can not find how to easily print off the information in the window. If they could even just export it to Excel that would help the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Robert Fann Omni Packaging ------=_NextPart_0001_A23BC984 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for po...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...

System.XML vs MSXML 3/4
I am current in the process of converting an existing ASP application to ASP.NET. The existing application makes extensive use of server side XML transformations as in rslt=myxmlobj.tranform(myxsltdoc). Now I have included the reference to the MSXML 3.0 object into my .NET application and have it working but I am wondering am I better off using the System.XML object that comes naturally with .NET. Is there a performance gain? Is it safer for rollout to an ISP? Is it safer to place a System.xml.xsl.transform object into the application cache versus a MSXML.DOMDocument30. Thanks in advanc...