formatting sql-statement causes left outlining in MSHlexgrid

Hello
I use the following SQL-statement to fill a MSHFlexgrid
This causes the column to left-outlining nomatter how I try

SQL = "select Reken as Reken,format(Bedragv,'#0.00') as Lasyear

when I remove the format, the column is right-outlined. How come,
please help. I want it Right outlined, but allsod formatted to 2
decmials

thanks
Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus

"catharinus" <csvanderwerf@planet.nl> wrote in message
> Hello
> I use the following SQL-statement to fill a MSHFlexgrid
> This causes the column to left-outlining nomatter how I try
>
> SQL = "select Reken as Reken,format(Bedragv,'#0.00') as Lasyear
>

> when I remove the format, the column is right-outlined. How come,
> please help. I want it Right outlined, but allsod formatted to 2
> decmials

"Format" returns a "String".
You will need to pre-format or use the .ColAlignment or CellAlignment
methods.

-ralph

0
Ralph
1/30/2010 5:12:26 PM
On 30 jan, 18:12, "Ralph" <nt_consultin...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "catharinus" <csvanderw...@planet.nl> wrote in message

> > Hello
> > I use the following SQL-statement to fill a MSHFlexgrid
> > This causes the column to left-outlining nomatter how I try
>
> > SQL = "select Reken as Reken,format(Bedragv,'#0.00') as Lasyear
>
> > when I remove the format, the column is right-outlined. How come,
> > please help. I want it Right outlined, but allsod formatted to 2
> > decmials
>
> "Format" returns a "String".
> You will need to pre-format or use the .ColAlignment or CellAlignment
> methods.
>
> -ralph

He Ralph,

thanks, that I understood,
but MSHFLexgrid.Colalignment(1) doesn't change the outlining of the
column strangly enough.
I put the colalignment(1) statemen before and behind the format
statement and it doesn't change.

0
catharinus
1/30/2010 5:43:01 PM
> but MSHFLexgrid.Colalignment(1) doesn't change the outlining of the
> column strangly enough.
> I put the colalignment(1) statemen before and behind the format
> statement and it doesn't change.

What "1" stands for?

0
Nobody
1/30/2010 5:53:21 PM
On 30 jan, 18:53, "Nobody" <nob...@nobody.com> wrote:
> "catharinus" <csvanderw...@planet.nl> wrote in message

> > but MSHFLexgrid.Colalignment(1) doesn't change the outlining of the
> > column strangly enough.
> > I put the colalignment(1) statemen before and behind the format
> > statement and it doesn't change.
>
> What "1" stands for?

Okay Friends

I took a break and some coffee. That's how one should do.
The 1 in the colalignment stands for the first column
You were right Ralph, the colalignment, I don't know why it works
right now, but it works. I must have done something wrong.
the statment for the colalignment:
mhslfexgridcolalignment(1)=7 repeated after the sql and it works

thanks
Catharinus van der Werf
csvanderwerf@planet.nl
0
catharinus

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Searching a real time converter to sql server
My vb6 and vb.net application needs to be used with a jet database (already does) and sql server 2005. In the software, i have written all queries using access syntax (iif, format) not supported by sql server. I was searching for a "real time query translator" to which (at run time) i pass the query (in access format) and it gives back the query in sql server format. Anybody can help? Thanks. ...

Formatting just some rows

Printing Problem in SQL Reporting Service
Hi, Seen a couple of posts about this but no conclusion. Trying to print a SQL Report from CRM and getting an error 0x80004005. These reports can be seen on screen and exported but cannot be directly printed to any printer. Checked all IE settings and put them as low as possible. The only other thing that might be contributing is Sophos AV. Any answers anyone ? Regards Peter. ...

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Help with Count IF Statement
I am having trouble figuring out this formula. I need to count the number of cells that have a value (or non-blank) if it meets a criteria from a different row. Database Worksheet A B 1 brian 08/01/05 2 chris 08/15/05 3 pam 4 brian 5 brian 08/31/05 Totals/Formula Worksheet F G 1 brian FORMULA WILL BE HERE 2 chris 3 pam The formula should determine if A1:A5=brian, then it will count any cells with a value ("paid" in this example) in row B. So in this example, G1 should = 2 (i.e. brian had two cells where there was a date va...

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

IF Statement calculation
I am trying to write an IF statement that assigns point values to a calcualtions. For example If a number is 0.7 or above then assign 100. If the number is between 0.69 and 0.51, then assign 50. If the number is .50 and below then 0. How do I write an If statement that has all of these variables. Thanks for your help. Hi Michelle, Try a vlookup. A1 = 0 A2 = .51 A3 = .7 B1 = 0 B2 = 50 B3 = 100 In E1 enter =VLOOKUP(D1,A1:B3,2,1) In D1 enter the lookup value. 0 to .5 returns 0 ..51 to .69 returns 50 ..7 and over returns 100 HTH Regards, Howard "Michelle" <anonymo...

How to format the value in a cell?

SQL Server vs Access for back ends
Hi Is it better to use SQL Server for my back end database, than to use Access? Yours, Stapes Stapes wrote: > Hi > > Is it better to use SQL Server for my back end database, than to use > Access? Define "better" and someone could answer the question. If you need the security, scalability, conciurrency, 24/7 operation, and other advantages that SQL Server provides then obviously using SQL Server would be "better" then using an MDB file. If you don't need those things then we still need to know more information. For example, if your organization alr...

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Long Document
I have a long document in which each page is independent of all the others (separated with section breaks). Each page has the same format, but different information. The document is formatted using styles to create an "Outline" (Varying levels of bullets and numbers). When I indent a line, the format changes to the desired level. What I'm finding however is that sometimes when I indent a line on, say, page 20, to change the outline level from a number to a bullet, every single line in the rest of the document that had bullets has been converted to numbers (they all ...