font installation data

How can I find out which application (not which user) installed a given font
on my PC?

I do NOT want to know if the font is not an original Windows font at all, I
want to know why and when it was installed.

0
Horst

On 24/12/2009 11:19, Horst Heinrich Dittgens wrote:
> How can I find out which application (not which user) installed a given
> font on my PC?
>
> I do NOT want to know if the font is not an original Windows font at
> all, I want to know why and when it was installed.

There is no standard way of recording this data.
You may be able to get the date from the file itself and check the
uninstall key int he registry for similar dates.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
0
Dee

How do I get a Data validation list to select another validation l
I am creating a data entry page in which I want to use data validation Lists to select the product that I want to enter. How ever each cell may be different from the one above. For example in (c4) I want to enter pipe data. I have a sheet named pipe as the source for this entry. In (c5) I want to enter valve data or maybe pipe data or ell data. How can I use Excel to create a drop down list that lets me decide which source page I want to use and then go to it for me to make my selection? Hi Look at this site: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Regards, Per "langston35&...

Newbie needs help to know how to access data from a PDA to a DataBase.
Hi , Could you pls help me get an idea on the basics of getting a data to and fro to a Database from a PDA,i am using PPC2003 Emulator and developing on EVC++ 4.0. And pls Pls include example codes if possible....Thanks a lot in advance. I have to populate for e.g ,customer details form in the PDA with data from the oracle server.How exactly do i do tat and wats the code for odbc connectivity.I am really desperate,HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi, Just have a look at the following link. http://www.codeproject.com/ce/Pocket_PC_Development.asp http://www.codeproject.com/ce/ado_ce_ca.asp?...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

Install 2005 without converting my quicken file
I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. I want to start Money from "Scratch." In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I want to run both quicken and money on the same computer. How do I install >Money 2005 without converting my Quicken file. Even if you "convert" your Quicken file, you could still run both. I believe that Money only reads your .qdf and does not change it. > >I want to start Money from "Scratch." Tell Money you do not want to convert. It will a...

Printing Barcode Font in RS2008
We have several reports that use custom barcode fonts, and these have been working happily for ages. We have recently deployed our reports to a sql2008 instance and have hit a big problem. The Report Previews correctly in Reporting services (i.e. the user sees the barcode) The report previews AND prints correctly in VS2008. but... When we print from Reporting services the barcodes font is not displayed (gibbersish characters are displayed instead). We have checked that the users all have the barcode fonts installed locally. We have also installed the barcode fonts on t...

caption font
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... Thank you Raymond Mercier Raymond Mercier wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know if it is possible to change by program the font > used in caption bar, menu, status bar, ... > > Thank you > > Raymond Mercier The status bar is a control, and like other controls its font can be changed by calling its SetFont function with a CFont that you initialize. But the caption bar and menus are drawn by Windows using the system preferences. You cannot direct...

How to write in Japenese font?
I want to write in Japenese font in Word. Is there any possibility to write in MS Office 2003 with On-screen keyboard? Yes. It's not a Word thing, it's a Windows thing. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and try to follow the tabs and buttons for "installing a new keyboard" (not "installing a new language") They are rather different in XP, Vista, and 7. In XP you need to check the box for "Asian scripts" (not "complex scripts"). There are many different input methods for Japanese; you can read ...

Signature Fonts
We are using Outlook 2000 and need to disable the font selection for signature blocks (we want to keep it at Times New Roman 10). Is this possible? Again thank you in advance for your help. ...

CRM Reports don't work after installation
I have installed CRM 1.2 on a second server after having previously installed to first server and finding the CRM web site was in conflict with my existing sites. We uninstalled CRM 1.2 from first server (fine), installed to second server using databsae from first server (fine). The CRM applicaiton works well enough, but when I go to run Reports I get error "File frs://Input/a_189/000/000/189/1270396438475a11a.rpt not found on File Repository Server." I am not sure whether this is a Crystal APS database error, configuration error, connection error . . . I am sure it is an in...

Is there font size limitation on antialiasing?
Hi, I made a program to display a character on LCD. To apply anti-aliasing, I created font with ANTIALIASED_QUALITY flag. [ CFont.CreateFont(... , lfQuality, ...) ] The problem is like this: When I displayed characters that the font size is larger than about 680-pixel, the anti-alising is not applied on displayed character. So I tested my program on the other computer. (My computer is Win2k, the other is WinXP.) At this time, characters that the font size is larger than 330-pixel is displayed with no anti-aliasing. On MSDN, [ ANTIALIASED_QUALITY ] Windows NT 4.0 and later: Font is ant...

data bottom
Good morning ; I have a userform with many testboxes.I'd like that datas enter in one of them,(textbox12)used for comments, come after all the other datas in worksheet. I mean in the bottom. thank's dadda Can you pick out a column that is always filled? with activesheet .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).offset(1,0).value = me.textbox12.value end with It's like going to the bottom of column A (my example only) and hitting the End key, then the upArrow key. Then dropping down one row (.offset(1,0)). dadda wrote: > > Good morning ; > I have a userform ...

Cannot install DPM 2010 Management Shell on DPM server
Hi, When I try to install DPM 2010 RC Management Shell (on the DPM 2010 server) I end with this error message: "You cannot install the DPM Management Shell on a DPM server (ID: 4376)" Is that a fact or ... ? Could not find any information about this in "System Requirements' on TechNet. NB. Version 2007 of the Management Shell is already installed on the DPM server. Hi, Installing DPM on a machine also installs the DPM Management Shell. You will find the management shell shortcut under the folder 'Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager...

How do I attach unique labels to data points in an xy graph.
I have an xy graph for use in comparing teacher salaries in a school. Salary is on the x axis and experience is on the y axis. I need to be able to attach the initials of each teacher as a label for their respective data point. I remember there used to be a way to do this in prior versions of excel by using the Lotus 123 help/conversion commands, but I do not know how to do it now in Excel 2003. Is there a way? Richard Get either Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com). With either add-in you can specify any column a...

font size in comments
Excel 2003 all sp and patches loaded OS: Windows XP Can you change the default font size in comments? Thanks, Will Will From Debra Dalgleish.............. You can change the font size of new comments by changing the settings in your Control Panel. (Instructions for Windows XP) Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font used in Excel's comments) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 9 Jan...

Office 2003 Installation
I am installing office 2003 on a new hardrive, but is asking for a valid license it won't accept the older license. Do I need to blow $369.00 for a new up-grade? any suggestions. Thank you JB Irvine wrote: > Do I need to blow $369.00 for a new up-grade? Yes so that you get latest software with state of the art technology with full support!! > > any suggestions. > Try openoffice from here: <http://www.openoffice.org> hth > Thank you This Office 2003 that you are trying to input the license number is it an OEM or a Retail ...

Error during installation
Hi, i've got a problem with the installation of crm. During the installation i recieve following error-message: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server Failed to provision your initial business Failed to create organization Unkown error (80040E07) i've steup the system in the following order: -Windows 2003 Server -Active Directory und DNS -Certificate Service -IIS -NNTP, SMTP, ASP -Message Queuing -Indexservice -SQL Server 2000 with SP3a -Exchange Forest Prep -Exchange Domain Prep -Exchange Server 2003 and SP1 -CRM 1.0 Hope that somebody can help...

Default Fonts and Font Colors
Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from glomax <glomax56@hotmail.com>... > Can anyone tell me how to reset the default font type and color? Can anyone tell me what version of Publisher you are running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm You cannot, you need to upgrade to Publisher 97 for all those excellent features. Publisher 2003 has re-introduced some of...

Unstable fonts
My fonts are become unstable in Publisher. I believe manly those that I downloaded from the internet. Sometimes I’m not able to use them at all even though, they are still appearing installed. Or I just able to change part of the text and if I add more to it the whole text changes back to the previous font. In Word I do not have any problems with my downloaded fonts. Any idea what’s happening and what could be the solution? I appreciate your help. -- Vanillla Using: MW 2003, Excell 2003, PowerPoint, Publisher 2003, FP 2003, There are some fonts that you can download that do not in...

CRM SBS install error

Re Install Exchange 2003
Hi, I think I have problem 2 in the following MS KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;296095 I deleted the following files on my exchange 2003 server to solve another problem. C:\WINDOWS\system32 \wbem\Repository. I then restarted the server and the repository was recreated. However I know get the following error every 5 minutes in the application log Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 9098 Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x80041010' Going b...

Installing Outlook Problem
I am trying to install my Office Enterprise 2007 Student software on my second PC and Outlook is Red Xd and will not install. Installation on first PC was error free. I have tried custom installation to no avail. I have an older 2003 Office program that I can't uninstall because but can't because the pack package can't be opened. (I would like to solve this problem also, if anyone has a suggestion). Is this causing a conflict with my Outlook install? Enterprise is a volume license, there is no student edition. You cannot install outlook if any other version exis...

multiple data
I need a chart that has Collections Charges Units For 3 years Broken out by payor mix. I have tried to do the stacked chart thinking y axis would have dollars, x axis would have years 1-3 and then for each year I would have 3 bars (each stacked by payor) for collections, charges and units. I can get this to run but only for one year. I cannot get 3 bars per year. I am certain it is something to do with the way I have highlighting the data range and or the series. We have worked all weekend getting the data and now cannot determine how to run chart. Please help! ...

Business Portal 3.0 install error
Hi, I am getting the following error " Failed loading Packager Data Element (PD_REQUISITION) for Install Feature (Requisition)" MbfPackager Failed Loading Packager Data. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

How do I change the color of the font shadow in Publisher2003
I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to put a mail merge field in a publisher document and > highlight it with a shadow colour other than grey. Create a second text box with the merge field in, displace it slightly, send it behind the first text box and change the font colour. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...