Dependency File out of date

In the VB5 setup wizard, it lists 3 files with Out of date Dependencies,
comdlg32.ocx, crystl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx.  I have read about this in
Google, but still have the following question using the "Comctl32.ocx"
component(as an example) which is out of date.

In Windows/System32, the OCX has a version of 6.0.81.5 but the dependency
file for this ocx has a version of 6.0.80.22 listed. Since this a MS
component, how do I know if there are new depencencies or if I just need to
change the version number in the existing DEP file for this component??  Dep
code shown below:

; Dependency file for setup wizards.

[Version]
Version=6.0.80.22

; Dependencies for ComCtl32.ocx

; Default Dependencies ----------------------------------------------

[ComCtl32.ocx]
Dest=$(WinSysPath)
Register=$(DLLSelfRegister)
Version=6.0.80.22
Uses1=ComCat.dll
Uses2=
CABFileName=ComCtl32.cab
CABDefaultURL=http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6
CABINFFile=ComCtl32.inf

[ComCat.dll]
Dest=$(WinSysPathSysFile)
Register=$(DLLSelfRegister)
Uses1=

"Dennis Rose" <DennisRose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the VB5 setup wizard, it lists 3 files with Out of date Dependencies,
> comdlg32.ocx, crystl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx.  I have read about this in
> Google, but still have the following question using the "Comctl32.ocx"
> component(as an example) which is out of date.
>
> In Windows/System32, the OCX has a version of 6.0.81.5 but the dependency
> file for this ocx has a version of 6.0.80.22 listed. Since this a MS
> component, how do I know if there are new depencencies or if I just need
> change the version number in the existing DEP file for this component??
Dep
> code shown below:

<snipped>

..DEP files are only used by a few MS Utilities and only to provide
'packages'. Today mostly by just P&D. You can update the .dep file manually,
or you can simply run the P&D wizard against a component to create a new
..DEP file. You can also simply ignore the warning as it is highly unlikely
you want to include the components these components are dependent on in any
package anyway.

-ralph

0
Ralph
2/9/2010 7:15:12 PM
  You should be able to just edit the .dep file.
That problem happens when something updates
the file and doesn't update the DEP. Not unusual.

0
mayayana
2/9/2010 7:21:27 PM
Addendum:

And for pity's sake, use version checking in your install.  I've sen to many
P&D installs force install out of date components which will quickly hurt a
system...and piss off it's owner.

�
[...]

I would still recommend switching to Inno Setup:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

If you do happen to use the VB 5.0 Setup Wizard make sure not to deploy any system files (such as
ComCat.dll).

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul

IF function that depends on a date
In cell A1 I have a date. The date is not in text form but is formatted as a date. If the date is 7/4/04, I want cell B1 to say "The Fourth". If A1 is not 7/4/04, cell B1 should read "No holiday". How can I do this? Pointer, try this in B1 =IF(A1=DATEVALUE("07/04/2004"),"The Fourth","No holiday") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to...

attaching files in Outlook
One user in our office is frequently getting the following error: -The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item.- He gets this error when trying to add attachments, remove attachments or send a message with attachments. It does not happen all the time. When it happens when he's trying to send the message, he can try again and it will send successfully; but the recipient does not always receive the attachment. Has anybody else had this problem or know what to do to fix it? He's usings Win XP Pro with Office XP Small Business. All of ...

How to write a data in Excel file dynamically from C / VC++
Hi, Very Urgent... I Need to write a structure of data which is in "C" to excell file. So, using C/VC++ how i can create a Excel file and how i can write a data into the respective cell at run time. Pls help on this , Would be great if some samples provided. Thanks, Sweety ...

File Association
I am using Office 2003. I have some old files that have no file extension. Word or Excel does not recognise them and if I give them a .doc extension I get a message "Word cannot start the converter MSWRD632.WPC. Is there any way to identify these files in a useful manner? Click the Fixit button at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 then if these are Word compatible documents, you may be able to open them. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My we...

"All files"
I currently hyperlink PDF files to records within a database. When actioning a hyperlink, a "Link to file" box appears, the bottom "Files of Type" dialog shows "Office Files". I have to change this everytime to "All Files" so that files can be associated with the PDF. Is there a solution for the PDF files to become the default? Use the API found at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm to call your file dialog. As you will see you can control your strFilter to control which file types to display/filter. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pin...

Drop Down List Dependencies
I have a combo-box drop down list from which the user can select from list of programmes: AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD Each programme is made up of a variety of projects which I want anothe combo-box input range to restrict itself to, eg Selecting AAAA in combo box 1 will only allow selection of th following projects, each of which is part of the AAAA programme: aaaaaa abbbbb acccccc addddd aeeeee afffffffff Not sure how to do this - would appreciate some help. Thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards Frank Ka...

Archiving my money file
I just archive my money file and I set the archive file to 01/01/2004 And I select all my accounts. In my check account I still see some transaction from 2002 ! This is probably because of my investment transaction. Here what I have put in Bills & deposit I made a paycheck will all information: gross pay, taxes... I'm buying my employee stock and they match it So in the paycheck bill I also put 2 tranfers to my stock cash account. My contribution and employee contribution So each week I tranfers money to my Stock investment "cash account" and from the cash account I made ...

AudioEndpointBuilder Reading Excess Files
Recently I've encountered an issue in one of my svchost.exe's. The process is taking up over 200k memory and has 2 million+ I/O Others. When the service is traced it leads to AudioEndpointBuilder. I'm aware of what this program does and don't understand why it's reading excess files and taking up so much memory especially considering that I'm not running any kind of audio on my PC at the moment. My physical memory stays at a constant 25%+ out of 8gb. I'm aware this process can't be disabled and the only solution I can think of is to use command ...

File Not Found
I have this statement that gives me the error "File Not Found" Is there a way that I can code this if I get an error nothing happens, no warning or anything I just go to the next line of code. Kill "C:\Proserv\BU\Format(Date, ""yyyymmdd"")-8 & "".MDB" Thnks DS The Format function needs to be outside of the quotes: Dim strFile As String strFile = "C:\Proserv\BU\" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & "-8.MDB" If Len(Dir(strFile)) > 0 Then Kill strFile FileCopy "C:\PROSERV\DB\Restore.mdb...

move files and prompt user if file already exists in target filepath
I have the following code that moves files between folders. Unfortunately, already existing files get overwritten if the new filename is the same. Is there a way to prompt the user in case the file would already exist and to abort the copy kill operation? here's my code: Private Sub Command9_Click() Dim strNewName As String Dim strOldName As String Dim strtargetfilepath As String strtargetfilepath = DLookup("[Draft to Active]", "filepath") strOldName = Me.Filename strNewName = strtargetfilepath & "\" & Me.Name1 FileCopy strOldName, strNe...

UNABLE TO OPEN FILE ON AFTER PUBLISHING ON WEB
I CANNOT OPEN MP3'S FILES AND ARTCLE ON MY WEB, AFTER PUBLISHING WITH MICROSOFT 2007 PUBLISHER. PROPERTIES SHOW THAT THE ADDRESS IS BEING DIRECTED BACK TO THE HARD DRIVE ON MY COMPUTER. (WWW.EFOOTHILL.ORG) UNDER SERMONS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? -- CHARLIE Yes, you have to change the hyperlings in those buttons to wherever you have put the files on the web. Links back to your computer will not work. If you do not have them somwhere on the web then thats where to start. The Sermons button does not work at all in Firefox and a lot of people are using FF. You shouldget a copy and test...

date #11
I have date in CSV as 9122005(09 Dec 2005) and 13122005(13 dec 2005).. when I do text to column.. the only fields that get converted are 13122005 ( the ones with 2 digits date... any solution? Use two steps assuming that your two values are in A1 and A2. In B1 enter: =IF(LEN(A1)=8,A1,0&A1) and copy down This will make the dates all 8 digits long by putting a zero in the front if needed. In C1 enter: =RIGHT(B1,4) for the year In D1 enter: =MID(B1,3,2) for the month In E1 enter: =LEFT(B1,2) for the day -- Gary's Student "flow23" wrote: > I have date in CSV as ...

Dependents
I have a cell that has various dependents on DIFFERENT sheets and workbooks. How through VBA do I find all the dependents addresses and is there an existign function to do this. Range.Dependents only refers to the existing sheet. Can this also work for precedents? ...

How to write xml file using existing XML Schema file?
My app used myDataset.xmlwrite to export dataset to xml file. It works fine for data but first two lines need to modify as existing XML Schema file. Below are the difference in first two lines: New xml file: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> <NewDataSet> <SpecSum> <USER>ANDYK</USER> <Grouper>Allergy/Immunology</Grouper> <Auths>0</Auths> <Cost>0</Cost> </SpecSum> <SpecSum> Old xml file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> ...

How do I add amounts referencing specific dates?
If I have the following data: Date No 07/04/2010 170 07/04/2010 175 08/04/2010 170 08/04/2010 170 08/04/2010 719 09/04/2010 1190 09/04/2010 340 12/04/2010 1020 12/04/2010 279 How do I sum up the no to give one value against each date, given that the list of dates could be any date in the month? [Hopefully my final post for this project and I have booked a training session in 2 weeks to learn Pivot Tables!] Hi, Let's say we have Column A containing dates in April 2010 and data to sum in column B. Put this in a cell and it sums 1 April 2010. Dr...

Create Excel file with VBA in Access
Here are 2 examples that I have found to create an Excel file with VBA. It is great for exporting data to Excel with the format that you want. Michael '---------------------------------------------------------------- Sub Test_Excel() Dim MyXL As Object 'Excel Application Object Dim XL_File As String Dim SheetName As String 'Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook XL_File = "C:\Excel_Documents\test.xls" SheetName = "New Sheet Name" 'Create the Excel Application Object. Set MyXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") 'Create new Excel Workbook MyXL....

Dependant dropdown
I have a dropdown that list countrys and would like a second dropdown populated with citys depending on the country chosen. I cannot find a tutorial anywhere? Any help appreciated. Thanks F Assuming you are using validation http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Fishy" <fishyfishface2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:sXt4f.198595$0b3.189096@fe09.news.easynews.com... >I have a dropdown that list countrys and would like a second dropdown > populated with citys depending on the country chosen. I cann...

How to see Excel files as separately on taskbar?
When I open more than one Excel file, it used to display them as separate icons on my task bar. But for some reason, now I only get one one icon, and I have to go to Windows on the Menu Bar to switch between them. I can't use Alt/Tab anymore. It only affects Excel. Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the View tab. There, check the "Windows in Taskbar" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Annette" <Annette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2519A212-2035-42C...

Corrupt File #2
Can I delete and re-create my mail profile without losing the data files? Yes, but of course you should always have a good backup of your important data, just in case... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:384901c3fdaa$c08fe7f0$a301280a@phx.gbl, George Friedman wrote: > Can I delete and re-create my mail profile without losing > the data files? ...

Creating a Date Range in a Query & Report
I've been requested to create a report with a date range. I've created a query from two tables that have a "Start Date" & a "Completion Date" record. For example, what expression/operator/criteria would one suggest to accomplish creating a "Date Range" in a report of the number of a product that was installed over a period of time using these two records? Thanks. R. Sebastian So you want to see all the records where the item was completed between two dates? Just put criteria under the completion date of... Between [Enter Start Date] and [En...

Problems attaching files
Please help! I have had problems attaching files. I get an error saying when I try to attach files...the error window says the resource is full and to close some programs even when I have none running. Please help! ...

Ensuring files are copied correctly
Folks I've had a request to double check that files which my utility as copied from the network server to the client PC has been copied correctly. Presumably by using a CRC although it looks like I could also use SHA or MD5.. Any comments on Calculating CRC32 With VB http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/vb/code/libraries/CRC32/article.asp Any better algorithms out there? I'm not at all sure this is required because I would've though Windows networking would double check that the files coming across the network were intact. But then this would be the standard...

Resizing File>Open box
Hi, This is a really trivial question but hopefully someone can help me. Many moons ago I maximised my File>Open window so I could see all the "detailed" information. Now I do not need this window so large, but I cannot find a way to restore it back to it's original size. The diagonal lines in the bottom right hand corner are nolonger there/visable and I have tried grabbing the screen in different areas as well without success. This problem is the same for File>Save or Save As -- Loose, fast and on the edge. Your description of your problem leaves a little to be de...

VCF file and the Category field
I have a VBScript that I created to take fields from a web page and create a VCF file from those fields. I have it working correctly and saving the file as I need it to do, but I'm looking to add in the Category field to my VCF file. I've been looking around but haven't found anything that will let me do this. Can this even be done? This is my vcard information: BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 N:Someguy;firstname; FN:firstname someguy ORG:microsoft TITLE:janitor TEL;WORK;VOICE:(800) 273-0876 ADR;WORK:;;123 anywhere st.;anytown;MI;93827;United States of America LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUO...

xsd.exe bug or odd xsd file
I was given a couple of XSD files so that I could generate a client that targeted a SOAP/RPC web service. One of the XSDs includes a definition of an element that is a sequence of row elements, which in turn is defined as a sequence of column elements. The CS class file generated defines the sequence of row elements "rows as column() ()" rather than "row() As row". This seems to give trouble to XmlSerializer. With XmlSerializerPreCompiler I was able to narrow the problem down and guess at the problem. I made the change that I indicated above because this seems...