Advanced Optimization Options

are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited?

like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd
party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are
using any of these options.

so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that
control?

0
Abhishek

"Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message
> are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited?

No.

0
Nobody
8/31/2010 3:36:21 PM
"Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote
> are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited?
>
> like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd
> party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are
> using any of these options.
>
> so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that
> control?

You are setting compile time options.  The 3rd party control comes pre-compiled.

Your compile options do not effect the pre-compiled control.  Had they given
you the source code, and you include such in your program, then the control
compiles along with your own program, and uses your selected options.

LFS

0
Larry

How to hide the Group Box lines around options buttons??
I'm working on my first Excel form and need to create option buttons with Excel's forms toolbar. After making several sets of Group Boxes, I can't figure out how to remove the Group Box frame surrounding the option buttons. I know it's something very simple but would appreciate your help. Thanks, Charlie charlie6067 You can hide the groupboxes in code--I don't think that there's any other way. Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window type this and hit enter. activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false If you only want to hide a single groupbo...

Advance Find in Activities Histories
I asked this a while back but the answer did not work, and perhaps it was that I was not clear in my description of the problem, so I will try again. I have just converted activities from 20,000 clients from Goldmine into CRM 1.2. Most of these contacts/accounts have numerous activities which we have converted to historical activities on the Activities/History Tab. When you open an Account, go to Activities, then the History tab, all the activities display. I can click on the Type title to sort them and use the page -> to move between the pages and pages of activities. In some cas...

new series option
Sometimes when I highlight a new series on the spreadsheet and drag it into an existing chart, a pop-up appears giving me various options. Other times, the new data just gets added to an existing series, which is not what I want. How can I either get the pop-up to occur every time, or get the new data to form a new series every time? Thanks for any ideas. The easiest option is to copy the series from the data sheet and then go to the chart and Edit/ Paste Special (rather than dragging) to get the prompt for selecting a new series. -- David Biddulph "Shasbaz" <brunsonl@hotm...

delayed delivery options and offline server = mass email send
on Friday, user scheduled email in Outlook to delay send until Saturday afternoon. equipment failure caused exchange 2003 on SBS server to lose internet access from Saturday morning until Sunday morning. Local network connection was not broken, ie: Outlook clients stayed connected to Exchange server during downtime. During downtime, Exchange was sending thousands of delivery status notification 'delay' messages to Outlook client regarding previously scheduled email that it is now trying to send. Upon reconnection of internet access, thousands of copies of the scheduled email were s...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...

E-mail Statements needs option to attach a file
It would be very helpful to have a new option in Tools | Routines | Sales | Statements > Select "E-mail Options" that includes a button for "Attachments" that will attach a file or files to each Customer Statement sent out via E-mail. This will allow us to send a marketing brochure, or other customer communication, along with the Customer Statement. That is what we do with mailed Statements to get marketing information to the customer on a routine basis. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with th...

Exchange 2003 OWA cannot locate distribution lists using 'find option'
We used Outlook Web Access 2003 on Exchange 2003. Some of our users access a shared mailbox using OWA. There is an absolutely vast contacts folder associated with it, and they need to be able to search through it for addresses. Unfortunately, we have found that if we put in part of the name of the contact in the 'to' field of the email, then it can be resolved. However, if they click on the 'find' button and put part of the name of the DL, OWA cannot find it. They cannot always just type the name in the 'to' field and then click the resolve button as sometimes they do ...

Macro optimizing
How can i stop all the graphical displays while im activating a Macro to speed up the work, especially when it consist of transporting data through multiple workbooks? Hi Joseph, Turn off screen updating and calculation within the macro, and turn back on when finished. See the following two web pages. Proper, and other Text changes -- Use of SpecialCells http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Slow Response and Memory Problems http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://...

Advanced Conditional Formatting and Changing Cell Colours
I have three basic (for programmers) conditional formatting problems to solve in Excel for which I require some help. These are the last 3 conditions I need to complete for the worksheet so any help will be really appreciated. They are as follows: 1. If cell Y2 is > 0 and cell Z2 = 0 I need to change the colour of cell Z2 2. If cell Y2 or cell AA2 > 0 and cells V2, W2, or X2 = the value "Z" I need to change the colour of the cell containing "Z" (V2, W2 or X2). If changing the colour of only the single cell containing "Z" cannot be done, I guess changing t...

Folder options
When I try to view my hidden files on Optiplex 260's and 270's the OS doesnt respond. I uncheck hide system files and view hidden but nothing happens. It only happens on these particular systems. Is there something that I am missing. I am signed in as administrator. Please advise Show Hidden Files and Folders Option Missing or Does Not Work http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/show-hidden-files-and-folders-option-missing-or-does-not-work/ -- Rey "nookie211" wrote: > When I try to view my hidden files on Optiplex 260's and 270's the OS doesnt &g...

Advanced Optimization Options
are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? like I have a app in which I have set these options and in it I am using 3rd party control of which I don't have source code nor do i know if they are using any of these options. so if I set some advanced optimization options will those also apply to that control? "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote in message news:i5j779$n6h$1@speranza.aioe.org... > are 'Advanced Optimization' Options Inherited? No. "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote > are 'Advanced O...

CRM should let me decouple conditional statements in Advanced Find
We have set up a number of saved searches in CRM 3.0 that users would like to use Save As to create a copy and then add search terms to. Unfortunately, CRM 3.0 does not allow you to decouple conditional statements once the search has been saved. In order to add an AND condition, this feature is required. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Options box / List Box
Hi, I am wanting to create a dropdown menu. If any cell in row B is selected a dropdown menu is given and upon the selection being made it inserts it into the cell. Is this done by a list box and linked to the cells or is there a far simpler method? Any help is appreciated. Andrew Goldstein IMHO, data validation would suit. Try MVP Debra D's good coverage at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email -----------------------------------------------...

Option Group Where Clause
Thanks to help from this group I now have an option group on a from that allows me to select which subform to display. The code to do that is list below Private Sub Frame51_AfterUpdate() Select Case Me.Frame51 Case 1 Me.EmployeeSubformcontrol.SourceObject = "Frm_EmployeePhone" Case 2 Me.EmployeeSubformcontrol.SourceObject = "Frm_EmployeeCerts" Case 3 Me.EmployeeSubformcontrol.SourceObject = "Frm_EmploymentData" End Select End Sub When I call the subform it returns all the data from the tbl. I...

Question regarding Off-shore options
If this is not the right goup, please accept my apology and point me to the right one. We plan to implement and operate GP from a foriegn country to save operating cost. 1. Is it true that the same GP software purchased in developing countries cost less, and the maintenance/subsription fee also reduce proportionally? 2. Is there any requirements regarding where the server hardware with GP application must reside for us to be able to purchase GP software in a foreign country? In the operating country? Can it be placed in the US and all users will access via Internet connection? Your hel...

Advanced Security Headaches
I am having so many problems with this and unfortunately, on version 8, it is almost impossible to setup a lot of classes using the standard GP user class setup without pulling your hair out (and can't get access to certain things like business alert setup etc). I created a brand new user class using user class setup with no restrictions. Assigned user to class. Ran receivables integration with no errors. I then modified the user class using adv security to remove all windows within tools > setup, routines and utilities. Re-ran the integration and now get error "Unknown GP...

command line option
In outlook 2000 we can use command line option like this; mailto:mbozkurt@teb.com.tr? cc=mbozkurt@teb.com.tr&subject=deneme&body=&file="c:\ \boot.ini" But in outlook 2003 same command gives such a message; "The command line argument is not valid.Verify the switch you are using." My goal is to mail message to someone including attachment. ...

What is .NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86?
Hi. When I go into services I see .NET Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86. I was wondering what it is and if I can leave it on manual. I can't really find any direct information on it. I'v checked Microsofts site, and it just mentions good things about it. It seems to check for "new and exciting" updates for outlook or something like that. Also: Can Logical Disk Manager be manual? How vital is it? "Brian V" <BrianV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AE8B612-08A4-47CA-9701-21B7AF394EC3@microsoft.com... > Hi. When I g...

Can you search through Purchase orders by item Can you search by more than just the start of the lookup code? (ie search for all things red?) ...

Go To options from inquiry windows should be for other inquiry win
For any inquiry window that has Go To options, those options should include all related inquiry windows. Not all users can or should have access to cards, but the Go To options on most inquiry windows will only take you to Cards. For example: Item Inquiry Go To options should include Item Price List Inquiry and Item Resource Planning Inquiry. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not se...

Outlook 2000
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. ...

About Option Button Value
Dear All, I try to get a value (true/false) of option button in order to assign a value then transfer the value to excel. I have no idea how to correct my code below If option1.Value = True Then ---> 'this line I don't really know how to correct it xApp.sheets("ExcelSheet").range("K3") = "1" Else xApp.sheets("ExcelSheet").range("K3") = "2" End If Thanks, March March In Microsoft Access forms, "option buttons" are NOT true/false. An option group has values like 1, 2,...

Advanced macro
Slightly complicated question - I'll explain as best as I can. I have two sheets in a file, one is the weekly sales (all data on one line) and the other is the previous weeks sales which have been hard coded (1st week on line 1, 2nd week on line two...52nd week on line 52). I want the weekly sales sheet to remain the same as it has links into another report. What I need is a macro to copy the line of data from the weekly sheet into the relevant weeks line on the previous weeks sheet. I can only create macro's that take the data from the weekly sheet and enters it into a specifi...

How to: optional CString parameter
Hello, How can I make a CString parameter optional? I tried [in the .h file:] virtual CString Get(CString strURL, CString& strErrorMsg = NULL); It gives me the error Error 4 error C2440: 'default argument' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'CString & What I want to do: make the strErrorMsg parameter optional so I could call CString result = obj.Get("www.server.com"); CString errMsg; CString result2 = obj.Get("www.server.com", errMsg); You can't NULL a reference. Assuming that the strErrorMsg is only used for input to the function, a c...

Advanced Find Queries
Can anyone give me a solution to the following problem we are having... I want to do an advanced find on all our active accounts and not include the billing accounts. Our billing accounts begin with an asterik (*). So when writing the query, if I try and tell it to give me the accounts that don't begin with an *, it results in nothing. Besides changing the character to something else other than an *, is there a way around this? Wendy, The asterisk (*) is the CRM "wildcard" character. I'm thinking that when you search for this character, CRM may interpret this to me...