where is that save data feature for backup?

Hi All,

On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data
to a directory for easy backup?  If I remember correctly, I can set this
on a schedule too?  I was shown this a few years back, and for
my life I can not remember where it was.  :'[

Many thanks,
-T
0
ToddAndMargo

ToddAndMargo (ToddAndMargo@invalid.com) writes:
> On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data
> to a directory for easy backup?  If I remember correctly, I can set this
> on a schedule too?  I was shown this a few years back, and for
> my life I can not remember where it was.  :'[

The command to back up a database:

   BACKUP DATABASE db TO DISK = '<somepath>'

Add WITH INIT if you use the same file every time, or else you will add
lots of backups to the same file.

To schedule it, select the SQL Server Agent Node and create a job to
run the command.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland
5/7/2010 9:50:29 PM
On 05/07/2010 02:50 PM, Erland Sommarskog wrote:
> oddAndMargo (ToddAndMargo@invalid.com) writes:
>> >  On sql 2005, where is that console that allows me to save my data
>> >  to a directory for easy backup?  If I remember correctly, I can set this
>> >  on a schedule too?  I was shown this a few years back, and for
>> >  my life I can not remember where it was.  :'[
>
> The command to back up a database:
>
>     BACKUP DATABASE db TO DISK = '<somepath>'
>
> Add WITH INIT if you use the same file every time, or else you will add
> lots of backups to the same file.
>
> To schedule it, select the SQL Server Agent Node and create a job to
> run the command.
>
> -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL
> Server Books Online: SQL 2008:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/cc514207.aspx SQL 2005:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/bb895970.aspx SQL 2000:

Thank you!

-T
0
ToddAndMargo

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Value of a data point in a graph
Hi folks, I use following algorithm to read the value of data point: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Error Resume Next For Serie = 1 To NumOfRows For DataPnt = 1 To NumOfColumns Set ChtPt = _ ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(Ser...

Save and save as

Cell data changes when copying and pasting
I've got Excel 2002 SP2. Another person in our office has Excel 2000. She entered a bunch of data into a spreadsheet for me (the data is dates in mm/dd/yyyy format). When I copy and paste her data into a new spreadsheet in one of my existing files, the dates change. This seems to be the rule of what is happening: when I copy and paste a cell into my sheet, it adds 1 to the day and 4 to the year. For example, if she typed 12/18/2003, it pastes it as 12/19/2007; if she typed 4/15/2004, it pastes as 4/16/2008. We are both baffled by this. There are no formulas being used, just a basic...

How to retrieve source data from data plots only?
Hi, I would appreciate any help on this. Basically, I have got some plots in Excel from my colleague. He had deleted all the source data used to generate those plots since he only cares about the plots. However, the source data is what I really need. I know by clicking on each data point in a plot, you can view the value of that data point. But is there a way to retrieve all the source data at once? There are simply too many data points in a plot for me to do this one by one. Thanks, Fang I have found a macro for doing this. I am posting the link here in case someone runs into the same p...

ATTN: Need to import data from access database, hosted on web.
This should be fun. I can use the import data feature to get data into excel from a loca access database, But i need a central access dbase on the web, and when someone open the excel workbook, it auto updates from the access dbase hosted on th web server. Im assuming this has something to to with the connection strings et that i need to write, could anyone point me in the right direction o post a solution, many many thanks in advance. Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Getting data from a webpage
Okay, I'm needing to do this same thing again, but can't figure out where the item/innertext I need is: The webpage is: http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2010/01/16 ....and what I need is the image (on this particular page it's): http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=83fba46523c3b2f31aeb078a548010a8&w=900.0 thanks, SouthernAtHeart "Joel" wrote: > You don't need to get the source. You can use the IE explorer like below to > help you filter the data. The source is under the IE.Document.all property. > You can get these lines...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

making a cell resize itself to accommodate data
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a cell that I'd like to make, by default, the size of two ordinary cells. I can insert a new row underneath it and then merge that new row with the row I want to make larger but if I do that the cell no longer resizes itself to accommodate data. Some of the existing rows are the size of two or so cells (in terms of height) but, as right clicking on them and going to the Format Cells... option on the resultant menu shows, they're not the result of two merged cells - they're just one cell whose height has been increased. And when you insert data, t...

Data validation and default values
I'm using data validation with dependent dropdowns (thank you Debra Dalgleidh) where if I choose from a dropdown in one cell, the choices available in the adjacent cell's dropdown automatically limit based on the first cell's value. OK. Now I need one step further. Can I have that second cell's value get a default value based on what I choose in the first cell? For example, my first cell is country, the second is state. I can choose in the first cell from a dropdown a list of countries, and if I choose "USA" in this list, then the second cell limits its drop...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

chart in one cell showing data for past year
How do I make a small graph that fits in one cell and visually shows the past year's data. Is there an automated way to do it besides manually making the graph and shrinking it down? SVA Here's a link to a post on making chart in a cell. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_chart_in_cell.htm My download has a VBA procedures to size cells and to make chart and place chart in a single cell. Size of chart depends on size of cell. Kelly O'Day koday**at**processtrends**dot*com "SVA" <SVA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:721D862A-C8B0-4466-A2B8...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...