Virtualization

Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual
environment and what your opinion is on doing so?
0
Matthew

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:44:25 -0500, Matthew wrote:

> Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual
> environment and what your opinion is on doing so?

Had SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V. The only thing
that stood in the way was Hyper-V limitation on 4 CPUs per virtual machine.
Everything else was OK.
You can check out this link for more info:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/9/4/d948f981-926e-40fa-a026-5bfcf076d9b9/SQL2008inHyperV2008.docx
0
Matija

virtual destructor
Hello, I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and Class B destructor's. I received the same results regardless if Class B was declared virtual or not. Class B's destructor was invoked first then Class A's destructor. Are these results correct? If so, what's the purpose of declaring Class B's destructor virtual? TIA, -jacques Jacques Cooper wrote: > Hello, > > I have 2 classes; Class A and Class B. Class B is derived > from Class A. I placed traced statements in both Class A and &...

Virtualization
Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual environment and what your opinion is on doing so? On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:44:25 -0500, Matthew wrote: > Just curious if any of you run/have run SQL Server in a virtual > environment and what your opinion is on doing so? Had SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V. The only thing that stood in the way was Hyper-V limitation on 4 CPUs per virtual machine. Everything else was OK. You can check out this link for more info: http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/9/4/d948f981-926e-40fa-a026-5bfcf076d9b...

report timeout in CRM 1.2 on virtual pc (notebook)
Hi, I prepared images of mscrm 1.2 for virtual pc. On two desktop machines with 1 gig of memory, everything works fine. On a -besides this very performant- notebook with same memory specs, I get timeouts in crystal report viewer (nothing is shown and after a long while, an error message shows in the "html page" where the report should be). I increased timeout value on the "microsoft crm" II server app virtual directory to ..1800 or more: No chance. Did anyone see this happen? Any hint to resolve this? It seems to me like the disk access spped, which is much slower than on...

Virtual Accounts?
Hi all, I would love to be able to create some 'virtual accounts' but I am not sure of firstly if it can be done and secondly how to do it. Basically I put away amounts each month for certain expenses but dont want t o have a bank account for each expenditure in order to see how much is curre ntly available for that category. I would prefer just to have one account a nd lump all the items together and then using Money have it break the curren tly levels of each down for me. e.g I put aside 100 per month for car tags. Since the car tags are only due once a year, I want to be able...

SW RAID-1 On Storage Virtual MiniPort
Hi, I want to develop a SW RAID-1 using Storage Virtual MiniPort driver, I hope this driver can choose two disks from system by using SCSI command, then reports a RAID-1 disk to system, is this idea could be accomplished by Storage Virtual MiniPort driver? If this idea is ok, what type of certification it need to pass from Microsoft? Regards, Perer, Hi all, I need the suggestion urgently, please give me a help, thanks. Regrads, Peter, "Peter" <peter_hsu@vasstek.com.tw> �b�l�� news:u8N5usgtKHA.3360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl �����g... > Hi,...

Virtual PC attributes for Mac running intel.
I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs using activeX. With my macbook running intel I cannot view the graphs or take advantage of other features. Is there a product or a feature that will allow me to emulate a PC? I am using Office 2004 Student Teacher edition. Thanks in advance for your help. Dan In article <1181949056.659823.159420@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, "Dan@roseconsulting.biz" <Dan@roseconsulting.biz> wrote: > I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs > using activeX. With my macbook runnin...

Considering Virtualization
Hello Newgroup, We need to upgrade our 4 year old SBS box. I am totally new to virtualization and wondering if these circumstances warrant making the jump. We've got approx 30 users, and approx 75 mailboxes. We don't run anything extra. We're nonprofit, which means that MS licensing costs are negligable, but it also means that our IT budget is tiny - I'm here approx 10 hours a week for general support, higher level needs get outsourced. I had been considering the following path: > Get a new server, without a tape drive (old server's tape drive recen...

Question about Virtual SMTP Server Logging.
I would like to enable logging on my SMTPVS. I am wondering how long these logs are kept and what performance issues this may cause..if any? Thanks Tony MCSE The performance issue would likely be negligible. However, the SMTP logs will be kept indefinitely - you'll want to delete them once in a while. -Josh "Tony" wrote: > I would like to enable logging on my SMTPVS. I am wondering how long these > logs are kept and what performance issues this may cause..if any? > > Thanks > Tony > MCSE ...

virtual listview
how can i create a virtual listview to use with large data from database do i need to create 1st the listclòtrl in the dialog or i have to create evry thing in other mode http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcsample98/html/vcsmpvlistvw.asp?frame=true -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/ "mido1971" <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:C708C64B-D503-4562-B0CF-1A162B5230EC@microsoft.com... > how can i create a virtual listview to use with large data f...

VIRTUALIZATION
Has anybody implement a virtualization with RMS? -- Akim Nasir TRCEPOS ...

DMF 3.0 not working under Virtual PC or Virtual Server ?
Hi everyone, does somebody know if the DMF 3.0 won't work under Virtual PC or Virtual Server? I tried to import flatfiles (txt or csv) into MSCRM via DMF and it doesn't work at all. The CDF Staging DB has all the data from the flatfiles but the Migration doesn't work. No errors in logfile.. Maybe it's because of VPC? Any ideas? Greets from Germany, Romantischik I haven't tried it so I'm not sure, but it sounds unlikely to me that it wouldn't work on a VPC or Virtual Server. I know there are some language issues with DMF, but I'm no expert on that so ...

Anyone doing SBS 2008 virtualization with Xenserver?
Hi folks, Getting ready to do SBS 2003 -> SBS 2008 swing migration where SBS 2008 will be virtualized. A friend who is currently using Xenserver for virtualization tells me it is really simple to use, and he likes it. He is doing Server 2008, not SBS. When I go to the Xenserver site, it doesn't list SBS 2008 as a supported OS, is anyone using it for SBS 2008, and did you have any trouble setting it up? Should I not consider it? I'm OK with using Hyper-V, but my friend really likes Xenserver, so I'm looking for advice. Thanks, Mike I would want both ...

CRM virtual
somwone know if there is virtual CRM in french? There isn't a localized Virtual PC demonstration. -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- "aidah" <aidah@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D8796BFD-A8F6-49CB-AE9B-D883BF82C446@microsoft.com... > somwone know if there is virtual CRM in french? ...

Virtual pc not supported ( Could not post this under Virtual PC Product
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Processor: Power PC When trying to open Virtual PC 6.1, The message Virtual PC does not support the CPU in this MAC. CPU Power PC G5 (3.0) please can anyone tell me if i can use this programme on my computer !!!! ???? In article <ee97f0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, ArtHoar@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) > Processor: Power PC > > When trying to open Virtual PC 6.1, > > The message Virtual PC does not support the CPU in this MAC. > > CPU Power PC G5 (3.0) > > please can ...

Publisher virtually stops my system
I seem to have a problem with Publisher. For the last few weeks if i try to work with a document my system will get very slow. it starts out fine, but then when i create a text box of image box the system will seem to freeze for a long time. this problem first started in Publisher, now it is beginning to do the same thing in Outlook, when i open an email (no images associated), and sometimes Word. it is as if all the system resources were being used, but when i check that it shows to be ok. I have run detect and repair on all these apps, and have all the latest updates and servic...

Virtual memory?
Hi, I am running an exchange 2000 with 14 exchange servers, on a number of them i keep getting warnings with Virtual memory for Exchange is fragmented, even after a defrag and isinteg I can reboot the server and the next day i can have the same warning. Any good ideas? Is this problem outdated if we upgrade to exchange 2003, which we have planned to do within a year. Thanks in advance. /Martin defrag and isinteg has nothing to do with it. You hit this issue when virtual address space gets fragmented in a way that prevents allocation of sufficiently big continuous block. Make sur...

Monitoring & Status Virtual Memory Threshold
I'm curious, what exactly does the Virtual Memory Threshold monitor in Monitoring & Status monitor and how? I've been getting the occatioanl errors reported from this monitor, but when I check it, it will say 290% free. Thanks, Joe ...

base class virtual destructor not resolving inherited virtual functions
I have a heavy fog over my brain, and can't see the obvious answer... I have a base class "CBase" and an inherited class "CChild". I instantiate an object of "CChild", work with it, and then delete it. It has an empty destructor, which does nothing, and then calls the CBase destructor, which calls a virtual function which is overridden in CChild -- BUT, it doesn't call the overriden function (it is simply calling the base class function). What am I not seeing here? Thanks DanB ----- Code snippets ----- class CBase { CBase() { } ...

How many virtual server Exchange supports?
In 4 nodes cluster environment, how many virtual server Exchange 2003 supports? From 329208.KB.EN-US - XADM: Exchange Virtual Server Limitations on Exchange 2000 Clusters and "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 enforce Active/Passive scenarios on Exchange clusters that have more than two nodes. This means that on a four-node Exchange 2000 cluster or a four-node Exchange 2003 cluster, only three Exchange virtual servers can be created, and only one Exchange virtual server can be hosted per node. " amyma@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email ...

Could not enable SSL for HTTP Virtual Servers or restore default HTTP Virtual Server
Hi, I have recently installed Exchange Server 2003 on a machine with Windows Server 2003 Standard and I'm running into some problems. First, I was looking around the IIS Manager and I noticed that the default web site name was something else than the one I expected and, since I was trying to get a better suited URL for OWA (something like mail.site.com instead of www.site.com/exchange) I have also deleted the Exchange, Exchweb and the other virtual directories. The other vdirs were actually redirects to some other sites. I have deleted the "aspnet_client" folders that were livi...

Problems with SMTP Virtual Server
Hi, We have moved our Exchange 2000 server across to new hardware. We reinstalled Windows 2000, promoted it to a DC and installed Exchange 2000 server. All the services start up fine and we can mount our private and public stores. We cannot, however, start the Virtual SMTP server and therefore cannot send and receive emails. We have applied the latest service pack too. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Greg Greg, I assume you verified the Simple Mail Transport Protocol service is started? What error do you get when you try to start the SMTP Virtual Server? Is there another applicatio...

SMTP Virtual Server setting
Can someone confirm this? Leavening the “limit message size to (KB)” box unchecked on Default SMTP Virtual Server; means that it will use Global settings value. If not what does it mean to leave this box unchecked. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:55:24 -0800, "Nawar75" <Nawar75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone confirm this? > >Leavening the �limit message size to (KB)� box unchecked on Default SMTP >Virtual Server; means that it will use Global settings value. >If not what does it mean to leave th...

Question about virtual
Hi, when we use Wizard to create a new class. The destructor is generated as "virtual". Can you please explain why is that ? Will it be a problem if we remove virtual keyword ? thanks, You will need a virtual destructor if there is a chance that a child class could be deleted when it is casted to a parent class. class CMyWnd : public CWnd { public: CMyWnd() { m_pInt = new int[100]; } virtual ~CMyWnd() { delete [] m_pInt; } private: int *m_pInt; }; In the following situation: CMyWnd *pMyWnd = new CMyWnd(); CWnd *pWnd = pMyWnd; delete pWnd; //if the destructo...

Virtual McAfee?
I have a laptop which came with the McAfee anti-virus trial version. I of course immediately uninstalled the overpriced POS, and installed AVG on it. Eventually I had a problem with AVG during a version upgrade, and so I had to uninstall AVG as well. I left the machine without an anti-virus, and to my surprise Security Center didn't complain about a lack of AV. I looked in it and it said that McAfee was installed and running properly! McAfee may have been installed and running properly at one time ... 4 years ago! Why does Security Center still think it's installed now?...

install fp2003 and 2002 fpse in XP virtual
Imagine this has been covered but I can't seem to locate it. Have Win 7 Ultimate. Running XP in virtual mode on it. FP seems to install fine and work in disk based mode. I start IIS...no problem. But when I install server extensions 2002, they do not appear in services list and are not functioning. I revert back to FPSE 2000 and they appear in services list and function about once. After that, using or creating a web on localhost seems to stop when it asks for login and password....which I did not create. Have tried various options to try to find login/password, but ...