Triggers after Insert

Hi,
 I'm having a temporary table in SQL Server 2005, which receives the data
from external Orace DB. The data from Oracle DB inserts the data once in a
month time.

How to create a trigger which calls the storedprocedures, after all the data
is get inserted to the temporary table, not for each row insertion.

0
Visha

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 04:01:21 GMT, "Visha" <u60840@uwe> wrote:

>Hi,
> I'm having a temporary table in SQL Server 2005, which receives the data
>from external Orace DB. The data from Oracle DB inserts the data once in a
>month time.
>
>How to create a trigger which calls the storedprocedures, after all the data
>is get inserted to the temporary table, not for each row insertion.

Hi

A trigger is activated for each INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE statement
which may affect multiple rows. Rather than use a trigger you need to
make it part of the transfer process that is executed at the correct
stage. You don't say how the data is transferred so it is not going to
be possible to say exactly how this should be done.

John
0
John

Rob...Cost update trigger
I found a post that originally included a cost update trigger that Rob had created. It updates the sales price based on a new cost. I can't get the attachment anymore. Anybody out there have the trigger? Thanks, G E ...

Trigger email
Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0 for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person? You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your countdown. Then try the following: Dim strSubject As String Dim strAddress As String Dim strMessage As String Dim blSendEmail as Boolean strSubject = "Countdown reached zero" strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email." If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then ...

Need help inserting picture into header/footer
I am using Excel 97 and I am trying to insert a picture file into a custom header. I see when the header box opens up that you can insert file but yet it doesn't show me how to insert the actual file. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Not in Excel 97 "SP" <justme@yourmail.com> wrote in message news:V1zPg.4636$lq.3656@newsread1.mlpsca01.us.to.verio.net... > I am using Excel 97 and I am trying to insert a picture file into a custom > header. I see when the header box opens up that you can insert file but yet > it doesn't show me how to insert the actual ...

Trigger
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is not being updated, I would like to set DataFormat like this: If RIGHT(APIFORMAT,1) = '#', then SET DataFormat = LEFT(APIFORMAT,LEN(APIFORMAT)-1) + '0' If right(apiformat,1) <> '#', then SET DataFormat = APIFORMAT If I do the below trigger, if I don't update DataFormat, it sets it correctly, but...

Inserting additional sections
How do I insert an additional section in a way that automatically pushes the existing sections down to accomodate the new section? Thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from D&S <D&S@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > How do I insert an additional section in a way that automatically > pushes the existing sections down to accomodate the new section? Add new pages, then add section breaks. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_ner...

Shortcut for Insert Hyperlink?
I've always used the keyboard shortcut (I think it's Alt+I+I...my fingers do it on their own so it's hard to remember!) to insert a hyperlink in an email message. However, this shortcut no longer works in Outlook 2007. I can't even see a way to add it - Customize only gives me the option to add things to the QAT. Is there a way to add this keyboard shortcut? Thanks, Jen CTRL+K is the proper shortcut. Alt, I, I is a menu reference. If you want to use a menu reference in Outlook 2007, it would be ALT, N, I -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Conf...

Inserting text along the side margin of the page
How can I insert text along a side edge of a document [as if it were written in a landscape view while the rest of the document remains in a portaint view] ? I love making an odd piece or two in a Word doc...! Thanks, all! Insert a text box or a one-cell table. Right-click the empty paragraph mark inside it and choose Text Direction to turn it 90 degrees. You can turn off the borders if you don't want them. For text that isn't turned 90 degrees, a frame is better -- see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word ...

SQL Triggers in Headquarters
We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our multiple-store retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the Headquarters databas...

Inserting a Drop down Menu
Very simple questions so I'll keep it short. How do I insert a drop down menu into Excel? Thanks for any help. -- matt_the_brum ------------------------------------------------------------------------ matt_the_brum's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5751 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564747 See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "matt_the_brum" <matt_the_brum.2bibf3_1153840506.0559@excel...

how do I get an invoice to automatically insert the next invoice .
Could someone please explain how to get my invoice to automatically insert the next invoice number thanks curse You could go to this site for some ideas: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html tj "curse" wrote: > Could someone please explain how to get my invoice to automatically insert > the next invoice number > > thanks > > curse Hi curse alternatively, i have a sample invoicing workbook that does this and more, if you'ld like a copy feel free to email me direct (julied_ng at hcts dot net dot au) Regards julieD "tjtjjtjt&...

DVD Insert
I have been asked by a friend to design an insert for a DVD he is making. The only templates I've been able to find are the ones that are actually for CD jewel cases. He is going to be using the DVD cases like you see in the stores when you buy a movie, which is much larger and the insert goes into the plastic sleeve. It's about 10-1/2" X 7-1/4". I checked the Microsoft site, but they had nada. Does anyone have a place where I could get a template for this project, or any idea of the best way to set this up? I've done CD inserts, but never a DVD before. Thanks....

MSPublisher 2000 Insert of a file?
If I'm working in a Publisher file and I want to add another Publisher file to the exisiting one is it possible and how do i do it??????? NEED ASAP! Hi David (friedman@peace-inc.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || If I'm working in a Publisher file and I want to add || another Publisher file to the exisiting one is it possible || and how do i do it??????? || || NEED ASAP! Copy/Paste or Drag and Drop! -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Inserting calendars into Publisher
I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with Publisher to achieve this objective? The "Design Gallery&quo...

Problems Insert wmv file into PowerPoint Presentation
I am trying to insert a wmv into my PowerPoint presentation. A blue round circle appears and spins as if it is trying to load but nothing ever happens. When I finally give up (after 60 minutes one time) then my PowerPoint is locked up and I have to use my task manager to end. I am using PowerPoint 2007 and it does load audio files successfully. I should try to encode again the film into wmv (yes, the same file type) with the program SUPER (free) and try again to insert it. "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: EFECD6E3-8F0...

insert text conditionally and format
Hi, I want to conditionally format a cell so that it turns red based on another's value. Actually, if any one of 3 cells are out of a specified value, then this 4th cell should turn. This much I have accomplished. Is there any way to insert text also? I'd like to have the 4th cell say Rejected and turn red if any of the 3 previous cells are out of spec. To illustrate (anything over 3 is out of spec for the first cell, 4 for the 2nd, and 2 for the 3rd.) | 4 | 3 | 1 | Rejected | The 4 would throw off the entire thing. Now my only problem is that I don't know...

could not unregister BLM trigger
Hello: One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error message when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP. Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report Writer or GP, it is a point of interest. And, I would like to see what can be done to eliminate this message. The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger." Does anyone know what this means or how to eliminate it? I do not know, as of yet, if all workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this message. Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi I would sugg...

inserting blank rows
my worksheet has info in every row. I would like to insert a blank row between each without doing it manually. Can someone help? chris smith wrote on 8/18/2010 : > my worksheet has info in every row. I would like to insert a blank row > between each without doing it manually. Can someone help? This greoup is for VB6 and earlier. This sounds like a question for the Excel programming group. If you're automating Excel from a VB.exe then provide more info. Otherwise, start from the last row and work up to the first row you want to insert a blank row before. Make su...

Truncated pictures when inserted at end of page
When I insert a picture at the end of the page and the picture's size forces it to the next page, the bottom of the picture is truncated. Size doesn't seem to matter; 100% plus or minus, the picture is truncated. Anyone know why? Putting it in a table cell solves the problem, but I'd like to understand the issue. Sometimes, for me anyway, it's because of the settings of paragraph where you want to place the image. I verify that the line spacing is Single and that the font size is consistent. Also, sometimes the placement properties affect it; that is, if t...

take values from listbox on form and INSERT INTO table
I have a piece of code that I am trying to use to insert values from a listbox on a form into a table, but I keep getting an error message: "Microsoft Access can't find the field 'frmROEsList' referred to in your expression." It stops right at the line: Set frm = form!frmROEsList I thought this line is supposed to define the form, frmROEsList, but Access is thinking there needs to be a field. Why/what field? I am trying to get the data from the listbox. Here is my code as is when a user clicks a line in the listbox: Private Sub lstOracleLinesForROEs_Click() Dim...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

how do I insert multiple rows in excel after every row of data
I need to insert 23 rows after every row that is currently in my spreadsheet For i = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 Cells(i+1,"A").Resize(23,1).Entirerow.Insert Next -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "grantm5" <grantm5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40AB897A-4D38-46AF-934A-2451496EEEC5@microsoft.com... > I need to insert 23 rows after every row that is currently in my spreadsheet ...

Anyone know how to detect a column or row insert?
Does anyone know how to detect a column or row insert event other than doing some complicated processing on every Worksheet_Change event? I'm looking for something a little cleaner than that. I realize that this might be a stretch. Thanks in advance. Roy Berger Roy To detect a change in the contents of a cell is going to take an event macro of one type or another. Event macros are really not very complicated at all. Post back and provide some details about what you want to do and you'll get plenty of help. HTH Otto <roybrew@att.net> wrote in message news:1108930...

insert picture from scanner
when I insert a picture from my scanner, it may work once or twice, then I get a dialog box that this feature is not installed, which I can't install because I am asked for a file (data2.msi) that supposedly is on my Office 2000 disk 2 but apparently isn't (neither windows nor my manual serach can find it) Why not scan the image in first, do whatever editing may need done in a graphics program, and then insert the picture? This is the way I always do it and it works fine for me. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "danishgary" <danishgary@discussions.micr...

Trigger on IVR10015
I'm trying to find a way to capture the actual created date on new items when the item copy function is used (when you use the copy function it stores the created date of the source item as the created date of the new item). We have manufacturing but we don't have the QA module, so I was trying to add a trigger to IVR10015 to put the current date in the QA Start Date field and or the QA End Date field upon insert to IVR10015. When I do that and add a new item I get the message below. How can I tell what the constraint is that is being violated? Any other ideas on how to capt...

insert password protected spreadsheet
I want to insert an excel worksheet into another excel worksheet with the inserted worksheet password protected. When I attempt to insert a password protected worksheet, it asks for my password and then inserts the worksheet without the password. Every time you reply to excel with a password, you are either unprotecting or protecting. so once you unprotected it to insert it, you have to protect it again if you want it protected. "RZT27Y" wrote: > I want to insert an excel worksheet into another excel worksheet with the > inserted worksheet password protected. When I...