T-SQL to PL-SQL

Hello, can sombody help me to translate that script in oracle?

DECLARE @ID INT
DECLARE CURSEURS_JOBS CURSOR FOR
SELECT REF_RE_JOB_POSTING_ID FROM DM_RE_JOB_POSTING
OPEN CURSEURS_JOBS
 FETCH CURSEURS_JOBS INTO @ID
 WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0
 BEGIN

  update DM_RE_JOB_POSTING set  publishedI = (select CASE
  WHEN  rjpd.internal = 1 and (rjp.internal_external in ('B','I'))
  THEN (
    CASE
     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is not null and
rjpd.end_date >= getdate()
     THEN (
       SELECT 'I'
      )
     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is null and
rjpd.end_date >= getdate()
     THEN (
       SELECT 'I'
      )
     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is null
     THEN (
       SELECT 'I'
      )
     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is not null
and rjpd.end_date >= getdate() and rjpd.start_date <= getdate()
     THEN (
       SELECT 'I'
      )
     ELSE   'N'
    END
   )
  ELSE   'N'  END as publucationI
  from re_job_posting rjp
 join re_job_posting_details rjpd on rjpd.re_job_posting_id = rjp.id
  where rjp.id = @ID and rjpd.internal = 1) where
ref_re_job_posting_id = @ID
  update DM_RE_JOB_POSTING set  publishedE = (select CASE
  WHEN  rjpd.internal = 0 and (rjp.internal_external in ('B','E'))
  THEN (
    CASE
     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is not null and
rjpd.end_date >= getdate()
     THEN (
       SELECT 'E'
      )
     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is null and
rjpd.end_date >= getdate()
     THEN (
       SELECT 'E'
      )
     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is null
     THEN (
       SELECT 'E'
      )
     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is not null
and rjpd.end_date >= getdate() and rjpd.start_date <= getdate()
     THEN (
       SELECT 'E'
      )
     ELSE   'N'
    END
   )
  ELSE   'N'  END as publucationE
  from re_job_posting rjp
 join re_job_posting_details rjpd on rjpd.re_job_posting_id = rjp.id
  where rjp.id = @ID and rjpd.internal = 0) where
ref_re_job_posting_id = @ID
  FETCH CURSEURS_JOBS INTO @ID
 END
CLOSE CURSEURS_JOBS
DEALLOCATE CURSEURS_JOBS
0
stunaz

stunaz
I think you will be better of asking such questions in Oracle group

"stunaz" <stunaz@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is null and
> rjpd.end_date >= getdate()
>     THEN (
>       SELECT 'E'
>      )
>     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is null
>     THEN (
>       SELECT 'E'
>      )
>     WHEN  rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is not null
> and rjpd.end_date >= getdate() and rjpd.start_date <= getdate()
>     THEN (
>       SELECT 'E'
>      )
>     ELSE   'N'
>    END
>   )
>  ELSE   'N'  END as publucationE
>  from re_job_posting rjp
> join re_job_posting_details rjpd on rjpd.re_job_posting_id = rjp.id

0
Uri
4/26/2010 9:23:46 AM
Stunaz,

To get the Oracle syntax, you will probably have more luck in an Oracle
newsgroup.

Having said that, the batch can easily be rewritten as a single query,
as shown below. That might make it easier to convert to Oracle.

  update DM_RE_JOB_POSTING
  set    publishedI = (
    select CASE WHEN rjp.internal_external in ('B','I')
                 and COALESCE(rjpd.start_date,'17530101'             )
<= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
                 and COALESCE(rjpd.end_date  ,'99991231 23:59:59.997')
>= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
                THEN 'I' ELSE 'N' END
    from re_job_posting rjp
    join re_job_posting_details rjpd on rjpd.re_job_posting_id = rjp.id
    where rjp.id        = DM_RE_JOB_POSTING.ref_re_job_posting_id
    and   rjpd.internal = 1
  ),     publishedE = (
    select CASE WHEN rjp.internal_external in ('B','E')
                 and COALESCE(rjpd.start_date,'17530101'             )
<= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
                 and COALESCE(rjpd.end_date  ,'99991231 23:59:59.997')
>= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
                THEN 'E' ELSE 'N' END
    from re_job_posting rjp
    join re_job_posting_details rjpd on rjpd.re_job_posting_id = rjp.id
    where rjp.id = DM_RE_JOB_POSTING.ref_re_job_posting_id
    and   rjpd.internal = 0
  )

--
Gert-Jan

stunaz wrote:

> [...]
>      WHEN  rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is null and
> rjpd.end_date >= getdate()
>      THEN (
>        SELECT 'E'
>       )
>      WHEN  rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is null
>      THEN (
>        SELECT 'E'
>       )
>      WHEN  rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is not null
> and rjpd.end_date >= getdate() and rjpd.start_date <= getdate()
>      THEN (
>        SELECT 'E'
>       )
>      ELSE   'N'
>     END
>    )
>   ELSE   'N'  END as publucationE
>   from re_job_posting rjp
>  join re_job_posting_details rjpd on rjpd.re_job_posting_id = rjp.id
0
Gert
4/26/2010 10:20:28 AM
On 26 avr, 06:20, Gert-Jan Strik <sorrytoomuchspamalre...@xs4all.nl>
wrote:
> Stunaz,
>
> To get the Oracle syntax, you will probably have more luck in an Oracle
> newsgroup.
>
> Having said that, the batch can easily be rewritten as a single query,
> as shown below. That might make it easier to convert to Oracle.
>
> =A0 update DM_RE_JOB_POSTING
> =A0 set =A0 =A0publishedI =3D (
> =A0 =A0 select CASE WHEN rjp.internal_external in ('B','I')
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0and COALESCE(rjpd.start_date,'17530101=
' =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> <=3D CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0and COALESCE(rjpd.end_date =A0,'999912=
31 23:59:59.997')>=3D CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

> [...]
)
> > =A0 THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 CASE
> > =A0 =A0 =A0WHEN =A0rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is not nul=
l and
> > rjpd.end_date >=3D getdate()
> > =A0 =A0 =A0THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SELECT 'I'
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> > =A0 =A0 =A0WHEN =A0rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is nul=
l and
> > rjpd.end_date >=3D getdate()
> > =A0 =A0 =A0THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SELECT 'I'
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> > =A0 =A0 =A0WHEN =A0rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is null
> > =A0 =A0 =A0THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SELECT 'I'
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> > =A0 =A0 =A0WHEN =A0rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is not=
 null
> > and rjpd.end_date >=3D getdate() and rjpd.start_date <=3D getdate()
> > =A0 =A0 =A0THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SELECT 'I'
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> > =A0 =A0 =A0ELSE =A0 'N'
> > =A0 =A0 END
> > =A0 =A0)
> > =A0 ELSE =A0 'N' =A0END as publucationI
> > =A0 from re_job_posting rjp
> > =A0join re_job_posting_details rjpd on rjpd.re_job_posting_id =3D rjp.i=
> > =A0 where rjp.id =3D @ID and rjpd.internal =3D 1) where
> > ref_re_job_posting_id =3D @ID
> > =A0 update DM_RE_JOB_POSTING set =A0publishedE =3D (select CASE
> > =A0 WHEN =A0rjpd.internal =3D 0 and (rjp.internal_external in ('B','E')=
)
> > =A0 THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 CASE
> > =A0 =A0 =A0WHEN =A0rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is not nul=
l and
> > rjpd.end_date >=3D getdate()
> > =A0 =A0 =A0THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SELECT 'E'
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> > =A0 =A0 =A0WHEN =A0rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is nul=
l and
> > rjpd.end_date >=3D getdate()
> > =A0 =A0 =A0THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SELECT 'E'
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> > =A0 =A0 =A0WHEN =A0rjpd.start_date is null and rjpd.end_date is null
> > =A0 =A0 =A0THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SELECT 'E'
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> > =A0 =A0 =A0WHEN =A0rjpd.start_date is not null and rjpd.end_date is not=
 null
> > and rjpd.end_date >=3D getdate() and rjpd.start_date <=3D getdate()
> > =A0 =A0 =A0THEN (
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0SELECT 'E'
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 )
> > =A0 =A0 =A0ELSE =A0 'N'
> > =A0 =A0 END
> > =A0 =A0)
> > =A0 ELSE =A0 'N' =A0END as publucationE
> > =A0 from re_job_posting rjp
> > =A0join re_job_posting_details rjpd on rjpd.re_job_posting_id =3D rjp.i=

thank you

0
stunaz

can't browse file
I'm currently using Office 97 with Windows XP, it's never problem. But now, when I want to open my file from another location or another folder with MS office toolbar (open program and open file from toolbar), it can't browse any thing from that location or folder and Program not responding. Can anyone explain what is happening and how to stop it? anucha thailand Any chance you have lots of mapped drives to network shares? Or lots of removable drives (like USB or a memory card reader)?? If you disconnect those, does it help? (Just guesses, though.) k_anucha wrote: > ...

OWA contacts, can't do a find on DLs
Hi, just deployed OWA 2k3 and when i go to "To" click contacts and then try to find a DL it will not show (personal contacts not Global) what do you think is wrong thx monica Techie In Need <moni6422@yahoo.com> wrote: >just deployed OWA 2k3 and when i go to "To" click contacts and then try >to find a DL it will not show (personal contacts not Global) what do you >think is wrong Nothing's wrong with Exchange. Right-click the Contacts folder and display its property page. Click the Outlook Address Book tab and check the box lableled "Show thi...

Can't locate .mny file, don't have permission
I had a bad hard drive failure, but was able to recover my .mny file. However with a new hard drive and Money 2003 installed, I get an error message saying "Cannot locate Money Database.mny file or cannot access it, possibly because it is read only or don't have permission. I have gone through all the KB articles regarding this - changed read only status, ran file repair utilty and got no errors in log etc, but still can't access file. Although the .mny file is not read only, the directory is listed read only, and I cannot change it (or any other directory in Program File...

Can't send emails out of Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new laptop and Office 2003. I can receive emails but can't send out. I called Tech24 earlier today- who temporarily fixed the problem (or just lucked out messing with settings) but it's not working again. The settings are correct (I called my ISP). Any suggestions are welcome. If you use the Test Account Settings, what error message(s) do you get? Please post the exact text. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

Messages won't send (Outlook 2002 SP2)
I perform the following steps 1) view outbox, which is empty 2) click new button on tool bar to create a new message 3) Create new message (in Word) and select the send button 4) message appears in outbox, but icon indicates the message is ope and the address etc are not in itallics. The icon looks like the one o the new button (i.e. an email with an open envelope behind it). I wil call this the 'open' state. 5) When I try to send/receive messages the message is not sent 6) Double click on the message and it is displayed in word 7) select the send button 8) The message is still in the...

Can't fine OEMInitGlobals...
Hello, what is the directory path and source file for the function OEMInitGlobals() ? I can't find it in alla WINCE600 directory.... -- Paolo Patierno Embedded Software Engineer Check out the following path... \WINCE600\PRIVATE\WINCEOS\COREOS\NK\OEMMAIN\oemglobal.c Regards, Prabu "Paolo Patierno" <PaoloPatierno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1801ABCF-1F74-4BB7-B282-1399F75A11DA@microsoft.com... > Hello, > what is the directory path and source file for the function > OEMInitGlobals() > ? I can't find it in alla WINC...

Don't buy SMALL BUSINESS OFFICE.
I recently purchased Office Small Business Edition for 2003 for my computer. It still calculates correctly, but they have changed the help algorithms to make it really tedious to use. Instead of the old key word lookups that I have always found in earlier versions, now they use some kind of computed lookup that take way too much time (after the almost instantaneous waits from the key words), and they have reduced the information content. For instance, I was running Excel and looking for a list of text functions. In the old systems, you could enter "text functions" and get an instan...

Excel startup: Can't find OPMDAT32.DLL
During Excel's startup I get an error message: Can't find OPMDAT32.DLL How can I fix this problem? Look under tools>add-ins, note which are checked, uncheck all of them and restart excel, if you don't get the message start by checking one by one and close and restart excel until yoiu get the error, that would be the culprit. Also look if you have something in your startup folder -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "M" <M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1C106DE-E583-4C0F-AAD6-3588DB36352B@microsoft.com... > During Excel's startup I get an error...

t ...

Can't scroll thru manufacturing BOM
We just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 SP3. The manufacturing BOM's look fine but we can't scroll through. The first record that comes up is item 'a' which really doesn't appear to exist. How do we correct? Do you still have a test environment with the same problem? If so does the problem go away on a BOM if you delete the 'a' component? Try that first. If it fixes the problem then you could remove all of the 'a' entries from the BOM line table (BM010115). -- Jim@TurboChef "MES" wrote: > We just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 SP3. The manufact...

Outlook Can't Reopen
I am running XP Professional with Service Pack 2 installed. Outlook 2003 also was updated via Outlook Service Packs. Problem: I open Outlook and it works and also places a icon in task bar. I exit Outlook (not close) and Icon remains in task bar. Also I cannot reopen Outlook in anyway. I must reboot. As PC closes to reboot an error message states the phrase CiceroUlWndFrame. I have used Dectect amd Repait but problem remains. Anthony ...

CDs don't play
I have WMP 11 for XP, using XP Professional. I can play music if I've loaded it onto the computer but it won't play CDs. Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it? ...

Can't resize dialog when WS_SYSMENU set
I have a dialog with no caption bar, defined in the .rc file like so: STYLE WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER For window resizing, I catch the WM_NCHITTEST message in DefWindowProc and return HTBOTTOMRIGHT if the mouse is in the bottom-right of the dialog. I wan't to have a right-click task bar menu, so I add WS_SYSMENU to the above dialog style. This works, but windows no longer recognizes HTBOTTOMRIGHT as a resize area when the WS_SYSMENU flag is set. Can anyone explain this? I doubt its pertinent, but I also invoke SendMessage(WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, HTCAPTION, NULL) on LB...

faq Progress don't have BN_LCLICKED?
Hi, all The progress control does not have BN_CLICKED,how can I make the progress control response to my leftdown mouse message? Thanks. "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:OqpuHbnQGHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, all > The progress control does not have BN_CLICKED,how can I make the > progress > control response to my leftdown mouse message? > Thanks. I suspect you'll need to subclass it. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] Sublcass it. BN_CLICKED is issued by buttons, and a progress control is not a button, so it could not b...

Switched to NetBank and now can't ePay bills.
So after being using KeyBank bill pay flawlessly for like 4 years I decided to try and save 10 bucks a month by switching to NetBank for the free MS Money: http://www.netbank.com/banking_ofx.htm I ran into a problem with bill pay and here's a log of my "Bank Mail" correspondence with NetBank. ================== Sent: 02/08/2006 I've been able to sync my netbank accounts from within MS Money. Also, the available services for NetBank in Money are "Online Updates" and "Online bill payment". However, when I try to pay a bill I get a message "The ...

I can't believe this can't be done!
Outlook 2003. I've asked before & people have said no way but there must be some way to do it. In the calendar, monthly view, I would like today's date to display on the first week shown and subsequent weeks after that regardless if a new month has started or not. It makes no sense for me to enter the monthly view and be forced to see the three + weeks that have gone by and not be able to view the weeks coming up without going to them manually. There must be a way to do this. Help please. Bob Sorry - can't be done. Views are hard coded and this one is one of them. Ge...

outlook won't open #10
outlook won't open, i get a window saying that i need outlook express 4.01 or greater. i have outlook express 6, what gives..... In news:99BEA0AC-33EE-45D3-8422-2716CB560EC0@microsoft.com, gmcbucky <gmcbucky@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > outlook won't open, i get a window saying that i need outlook express > 4.01 or greater. i have outlook express 6, what gives..... What version of Outlook? In control panel, do you have a Mail applet? If you click on it, what do you see? ...

DON'T UPGRADE!!
What a mess! After upgrading to 2005 all my personal accounts have basically been trashed as a result of 2005 importing my business account checks into my personal records (about $12,000.00 worth of "unassigned" expenses this month). Multiple crashes of app when logging on to MSN and several other issues. MS has said they are aware of problem(s) and would contact me with resolution (that was two weeks ago). I feel like a Beta tester, except that I PAID for this Gates catastrophe! Hopefully you backed up your data file before you upgraded. I'm sorry but I have zero s...

Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style
Hi, In Word, when defining a style, there is a paragraph format property titled "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style". It's very convenient to add extra space before/after a block of paragraphs, such as a list. Is there any equivalent in Publisher or do I need to change the settings of each paragraph? Thanks. Raph ...

Set-Clipboard doesn't like whitespaces?
I can paste the word "now" to the windows clipboard, by opening a cmd prompt, and running the following code: C:\Users\marxp>C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -Sta "& {set-clipboard -text" "now"} But, if I insert a blank space into the string "now" (i.e., "no w"), I get the following error, which I don't understand. Can anyone point me in the right direction where I could learn why a blank space is an evil thing that should cause my code to not work, and how I can get around the problem?...

Can't open files
Hello -- I'm sure this isn't the proper place to post my problem, but thought I'd start here anyways. Let me start off by saying that I'm extremely computer-stupid, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, and yahoo email. For some reason, I'm unable to open attachments that have been sent to me, and saved to my computer. PLEASE HLP!! These are important documents that I really need to access. Thanks for your help -- It's not very informative to say you are not able to open attachments. What happens when you try? Is ther...

Can't Forward in Outlook
I just reinstalled everything on my computer, including copying over my .PST files. It all works fine except I can no longer forward messages. When I try to forward anything (even plain text) I'm told I don't have "appropriate permissions to perform this operation". How do I fix this nonsense? Thanks. Shannon Does it fail for all mail or only HTML? if only for html, it's a problem with IE (outlook uses IE to render HTML). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart G...

Outlook
Can send email to Outlook, can access messages on ISP (Comcast) Webmail. Can't access server to download emails to PC. Ran all Norton Utlities, Removed and then reinstalled Outlook and Office apps. Still getting 0x800ccc0f error message - terminated by the server. Checked modem, checked router. All fine. ISP says nothing wrong on their end. Know of a fix? Tom does this help you determine the problem? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813514 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Window...

Why can't I resize shapes in Visio UML?
I am new to Visio, and am using Visio Professional 2003 v 11.3216.5606. I first choose File - New - Software - UML Model Diagram (Metric) from the menu bar and then choose a stencil of UML Activity (Metric). After I drag and drop a 'State' or 'Action State' shape onto the sheet, I find that I cannot resize the shape even after I uncheck its 'Protection' format property for the width and height of the shape. Can anyone tell me why this might be the case? The shapes are intended to be used as part of a deeper UML solution, which has code behind it. This code expect...

can't get rid of batch
I have created a sop batch in gp. I populated it with integration manager. Now I would like to delete the batch; it's not posted. When I try deleting the batch, i get a message: " not all tranx will be deleted". The whole point of using batches is to be able to delete before posting. What are the conditions that would prevent a batch from deleting? Thanks! If you printed any of the SOP documents (picking tickets, for example) they cannot be deleted. Look for a field TMSPRNTD (I think, Im doing this from memory) in the SOP10100 table for those orders and change it to 0. ...