Syntax error, permission violation, or other nonspecific error when preparing a procedure call

We are sometimes getting "Syntax error, permission violation, or other
nonspecific error" when a stored procedure call is prepared. We are using
the SQL Server Native Client OLE DB provider with MS SQL Server 2008 R2 on
Windows Server 2003. The procedure call has one dynamic parameter because it
is executed multiple times. This is the actual reason why it is prepared.

Command: "EXEC P_MyProc 101, ?, 10, 0"

In detail, ICommandPrepare::Prepare() is failing. Preparing the command
seems to cause SQL Server to execute "exec
[MyDB].[sys].sp_procedure_params_100_rowset N'P_MyProc',1,NULL,NULL"
internally. Has someone an idea what is getting wrong? What is the best way
to avoid the error?

Thanks in advance!

Timo

0
Timo

share violation?
Good morning, We have a strange problem here with Excel2003, person A opens a document and person B opens the same document without any warning about ''read only'' or something like that. Anothetr example is that person A opens a document and person B opens the same document, person B gets a warning about the document is opened by person A and person A gets a warning about ''sharing violence'' and was forced to save the document under another name. What is going on here? The documents are saved on a Novell (version 6) disc, Excel is version 2003 and up-to-dat...

Error message when deleting a customer
When trying to delete an old customer in QuickSell 2000, I get the error message "this customer cannot be deleted because this customer has open work orders, backorders, quotes or transactions on hold". I've looked in the old manual and tried to do some searches on the internet but I have not come up with any solution. Thank You Just as it says, there is an open order or transaction on hold for that customer. Do a "recall" on all 3 types of orders, and check the holds - there's probably something in there for them. Note you might not wish you delete custo...

Error creating dates
I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary When i do double click nothing happens... Any idea? Thanks in advance. Reboot your computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Virgulilla asked: | I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary | | When i do double click nothing happens... | Any idea? | | Thanks in advance. ...

Are you able to convert a MS Publisher prepared doc into MS Word?
I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is it possible to then go and convert this document into a Word document? As the internal database that we use can only accept Word docs as attachments. ShuGill wrote: > I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to > one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was > to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is > it possible to then go and convert this document into...

DCOM ERROR
DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to logon RECORD\IUSR_MAIL in order to run the server: {3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1} What I DO? ...

Exchange user remote keeps geting 503 errors
I've got a sales rep out on vacation - he brought his office laptop with him (outlook 2003). We have Exchange 2003 back in the office and before he left we set his earthlink account (POP) to be his default. He's authenticating to the POP server to sent out but keeps gettings on 4/26/2006 5:44 PM 503 No recipient(s). errors. Any thoughts you may have out there? Thanks, Brad What smtp addresses are you mailboxes stamped with? Any non-routable like user@domain.local? Nue "Brad Palmer" <brad_palmer28@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:mjW3g.76782...

money 2005 install error
I have two account on xp pro sp2, Administrator and my user account which is an Administrator account. Before the Money 2005 Deluxe install starts, it alerts with an error that I must sign on with power user or administrator privileges??? I have logged on directly as Administrator and still get the error. Created a new admin account, same error?? Any ideas?? well, who would have though microsoft hard coded the "Program Files" directory into the install checks? Since I have my program files on a different partition I had to create a dummy "Program Files" folder on t...

Subform causing OLE error
I have a subform whose function is to associate a contact with the record on the main form. This works if editing an existing contact/project association, but I get an OLE error when trying to add a new contact. What I <think> the problem is is that there is nothing that adds a new record to my ContactProject table. How do I add a new record when selecting the dropdown from an existing list? On a related note, how do I delete a record when I no longer have a Project/Contact relationship? ...

HQ Client Errors everytime 401 is run
Hi Thia I have a problem with HQ client at one of the stores freezing and then giving a "just in time debugging" everytime a 401 is run. Any ideas what may be causing this or how to fix it? -- Cheers Topi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006B_01CA985B.75A8E7D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Topi, At the store, try running a Database re-index and then a check in SO = Admin. Try running a re-install of Client in Add/Remove, making sure that you = are runnin...

ODBC error with no help
I use Excel to download data from DB2 via an Access database query. Excel calls a query in an Access database which gets data from an OBDC connection to a DB2 database on an AS/400. When the query is a straight SELECT query against one file, it works fine. But when I change the query to a pass-through query so that the work is done on the AS/400 against live files; Excel comes back with: Reserved Error (|); there is no message for this error. Access works fine and can run the queries. It's just that Excel bombs. Any suggestions? "Norm" wrote ... > I use Excel t...

Dynazip error and HQ server errors
Hi, Was wondering if anybody encountered Dynazip error in HQ client during data uploads? Also, sometimes HQ server will have connections that stayed on even after the HQ client disconnects, I will have to manually close it by right-clicking on it. Does anybody encounter this before? If any experts out there knows anything about this, please reply. Thanks. Raymond Raymond, I would recommend updating the to the latest version of RMS. 1.3 was released around Dec. 1 and most of the changes had to do with making HQ much more stable. -- = "Raymond Cheok" <raymondcheok@fare...

To many fields defined error message
I am currently using access 2003 and when I am attempting to bring multiple queries together into one... I am getting a To many fields defind error message. Below is my SQL that I currently have. I am going to want to add another 30 fields from 3 other queries to this one as well. SELECT [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].[Performance Year], [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].[Performance Month], [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].ATTUID, [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].Skill, [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].Ramp, [TC-All-Weeks].[TC-Week1-Step2].[Trans and Co...

ERROR: Combining GL Accounts with Professional Services Tools Libr
Accounts modify okay; but during a combine single account or an ‘import’ multiple account combine, the following appears and terminates the session: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Can not alter replicated object ‘[dbo].[RM00101]’to ‘with encrypted’.[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted. Has anyone ever experienced this and found a solution? Thanks in advance… Dirk ...

DLookup error
I'm trying to reference a control on a subreport in a DLookup formula. This is my formula =(DLookUp("[txtletter]","[tblComplaintnbr]","[txtYear]=Reports![rptcomplaintsPage1]![rptcomplaints].[txtYear]") & [txtrefnbr]) Where rptcomplaintsPage1 is the main report and rptcomplaints is the subreport and the control txtyear is on the subreport. can anyone see where I'm going wrong? I've tried using a ! before txtyear and that doesn't work either. Thanks Tony Solved I missed out the last Report! before the control name and I've been loo...

Compile Errors with Different versions of Excel
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2000 that has many macros in it. When the sheet is opened in Excel 2003 a compile error occurs. I am trying to make the sheet for use by many different people at different locations. Does anyone know of any common issues that may be causing this. It is hard to duplicate a compile error, I am not at the location with the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Also, There are no Add-Ins selected, so this is not the problem. Paul "PStephens" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2000 that has many macros in i...

Error Message #10
I just upgraded my Excel program to 2003. When I open the program, I ge the following message C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOfficer\Office11\Library\MobileDB.XLA i missing. Incomplete Installation! However, I close that window and the program seems to work fine. How d I eliminate this message? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com References to and suggested fixes here at google search results. Maybe find something relevant. This has cropped up lately with th...

Error at send detail report of Mailbox Management
Hi team!!! I have this error at the moment of send the report of the Mailbox Management: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9313 Date: 13/11/2005 Time: 0:39:12 User: N/A Computer: Server Name Description: Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager failed to send the following message: Subject: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager on Server Name completed processing successfully. Recipient: abc@domain.com Error: c1050000 For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microso...

distribution list error #2
Holly Did you ever get an answer to your "unexpected error" problem? Jim ...

Exchange Server Event Errors
I need help troubleshooting a couple event errors with our 2000 Exhange server. Schannel (ID 36871), SMTPSVC (ID 418), and Service Control Manager (ID 7031): these errors have been happening pretty often, and we have to keep restarting the service. What can we do to correct these errors? The first can be normal if you installed an SSL cert from an external source (like Verisign). The last error is just re-interation fo the SMTP problem. For the SMTP error (418) does this resource help? http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=418&eventno=1085&source=smtpsvc&phase=1 "reyr...

Error when trying to view reports.
When a user (even a CRM Administrator) tries to access any report from reporting services they get the following error: The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contains an empty string. (rsProcessingError) I can open the reporting server's site in a browser seperate from CRM and view the list of reports but I get the same error. I have tried it from multiple workstations and multiple users all logged into the domain. Any suggestions? Mike Chilson ACP, Inc. is this ...

Error report
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been getting this warning now everytime I try to send an email from Outlook: Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'The operation failed.' Does anyone know what this means? ...

Numeric Field Overflow Error
Hello, I have a table in my database that is liked to an excel file. The data type of every field of the linked table is 'text'. I have created another table that I will append the information to via an append query. This secondary table has the same fields and the same data types - all 'text'. When I try to run the append query, it may work one time and then error out saying, "Numeric Field Overflow." My question is - How do I fix this error so that the query will run consistently? Why does it sometimes append and othertimes give me the 'Num...

Link Error: Unresolved external GetThisClass
I am writing an MDI application based generally on the CHKBOOK sample. I need to have several views of the same document. I started out creating a single view and got that working then made a copy of the first view and did a replace on the class name to create the second view. At this point the second view is still identical to the first until I get the mechanism working the way I want it. The problem is that I keep getting the following link error once the second view is added: PCR.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass * __stdcall CByDayVie...

Compile error in hidden module : MenuHandling
Hi a spreadsheet that was created in excel 2000 , on opening in excel 2003 the compile error comes up. and stops all macros from running . any ideas how to fix this? I used to use this a lot and not sure if i can roll back to excel 2000 (corp. IT policies) marc marccozijn@hotmail.com I've never heard of this "menuhandling" error. But the "compile error in hidden module" means that there is an error in one of the VBA routines in a workbook's project that is protected. You could do some detective work to find the culprit. Chip Pearson has some notes on how to ...

validation error 313
When I charge an account "tender" requires a dollar value or the "ok" remains grayed out. However, when the amount is entered and ok is clicked I get the message "validation error 313--account tender is invalid because customer does not have an account" What am I doing wrong? The customer is set up in ar. Hi Sam, You need to set up Account Types (\Database\Account Types) and connect it to the particular customer(\Customer Properties\Account Information tab) you are using...also you need to define a credit limit for that customer. Tnx. \Franco E-mail: fman...