SSMS doesn't see SSAS or Integration Services in server type drop

Product/environment - SQL SERVER 2008 dev. edition, windows vista
Analy. Services & SSIS were installed from the dev edition, and services
show SSIS and Analysis services running.

But I cannot see these references in SSMS.  I only see database engine and
Compact Edition.

I looked at every tweak I could find such as setting up a port for SSAS,
etc.  nothing worked.

If it shows as installed and if the services show as running, how do i get
SSMS to see SSAS and SSIS in "Server Type" drop down?  I've run out of ideas.

Thanks for any help.

See the security update which comes from the M$ Corporation
--umiopbcxpnunqzmvi Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eqtujlbsd"; type="multipart/alternative" --eqtujlbsd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nlfaekoptpf" --nlfaekoptpf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to h...

Single Server OWA/RPC?
Hi, We are in the design phase of our Exchange 2003 upgrade process. We are a small company with less than 200 users and want to know if we can use a single Exchange server to impliment both traditional messaging and also OWA and/or RPC over HTTP. All the setup guides I've seen so far mention configuring front end and back end servers, however I'd rather not have to deal with that given our small size and budget. We don't have any ISA servers and we handle port filtering and address translation via our Cisco PIX firewall. Can we enable OWA with such a simple setup? Thanks i...

How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to see
How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to select from. For example I want someone to give me the answer to a question using the drop down box for the answer. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DD0016C4-C699-4072-995B-EBD986EEEED7@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to select from. > For example I want someone to give me the answer to a question using the drop > down box for...

Drop Down Menus #4
how can i create a drop down menu in the cell without using a Form box ??? -- cassy01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=780 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263293 You can use Data>Validation. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html cassy01 wrote: > how can i create a drop down menu in the cell without using a Form box > ??? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, T...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

Display graphic stored on remote sql server web site
The access database links to a sql server at a remote web host. One field contains the url to the graphic. I would like the report to display the graphic. When I use an Image control I am able to display a graphic stored on the local network share but if it a url, nothing appears. How could I do this? Scott, Please only post in one group. Most people look at a fair number of the groups. Or if you must post in multiple, do a cross-posting so that all answers show up in all groups. Please see my answer in the Reports group. Clifford Bass scottcomput...

Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items'
I currently have Outlook 2003 set up to leave copies of my emails on various POP servers after downloading, but to delete those copies after a "hard" delete has taken place on my Outlook client. I just set up archiving of a few bloated folders (including my Deleted Items folder) and am trying to find out if there is any way to permanently delete the messages from my POP server that have been archived (to an external HD). Lots of searching, no messages on this topic found - any help? Thanks a lot! mralles@gmail.com <mralles@gmail.com> wrote: > I currently have Outlook 2...

Some users are not in the Global address list of one of the servers
Hi, We have several exchange servers (5.5) running on Win NT 4.0 with identical configuration. However, each server is located in different cities. All mails coming to/from the servers pass thru a central main mail server. The problem is, two of the servers does not show some mailboxes / recepients that are present in the other servers. This has caused problems when a user from the main central server sends an e-mail to one of the servers wherein the user from the main central server gets the "Unknown Recipient" error. See below for an illustration of how the servers are configured:...

Defining "form" drop down list
Another quick Q: - when using form drop down lists (as opposed to the validation option), how can I define the list that appears based on whether cells are not blank? i.e 1 Op 1 2 Op 2 3 Op 3 4 Op 4 5 6 I would want the drop down list to only display 1-4. Can this be set by using a formula in the properties of the drop down where you select the Cell refs? I was wondering if you could define the cell references as a name through a formula, which again could then be used? Thanks Antony Ignore me. I've found out how. Use the offset command in the define name area. For info if people wa...

IE 9
I have Win XP3 / 64-bit......IE6 I have tried IE 8 but didn't like it, so went back to the tried and true. Seems now sites are not supporting IE6 so we user won't be able to see their sites without upgrading. Is there any spec page that will tell us what it's going to have and not have ? My dislike of IE8 was the way the favorites showed up when you wanted to save a link. IE6 it opened with just the folders and made it very easy to find where you wanted to put the link. IE8 opened "every" folder one has in their favorites. I would have to go up and d...

See Sent messages as delegate?
I am new to Outlook, after 18 years with another email program -- so I have some preconceptions to overcome! As a delegate for my exec, is it possible to see her Sent items? For example, I have been asked by her to re-send a message to another recipient but I can't find the original "sent" item. Are you using Exchange -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "DianaLR" <DianaLR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91C6A383-DC6D-490F-AF8A-1B...

Open Type font cross-platform compatibility
Hi We're transferring Office documents between OS X and Windows XP. We use our own custom OpenType fonts, created in FontLab, which are PS flavour. We have the following issues: Word and Excel: Naming of fonts on Mac is different from PC version. Result: Files created on OS X embed a font name/style name that is not recognized by XP. Files created under XP embed font names which can be understood by OS X. So - problem arises when XP-created docs need to be edited by Mac users and returned to PC users. PowerPoint: Docs created on a PC using these fonts default to Arial when opened on a M...

Econnect MSMQ Incoming Service
I am trying to get records Into Micrsoft Dynamics Version9 via Econnect MSMQ Incoming Sercice and MSMQ. I am able to get records on the Queue but they are not going into Dynamics. I am able to get similiar records into Dynamics via the com dll. We have more and more projects that will be integrating and this solution seemed to be more robust. The format of the XML and the code to create it follow. I tried to follow the example that comes with the Econnect help file. There are no errors in the event log. The service starts fine and records get to the Queue fine but not into Great Plains. . Tryi...

How to see Accounts in Actitity list
how can I add Account column in My Work-> Activities or in any Activity List view?. for example, when Advanced Find is used for Activities, adding filter as Regarding Accounts, editing columns does not include Accounts so I do not find a way to add the Account column that any activity belongs to. ...

2003 OWA not working on one server
I have a single 2003 domain and one 2003 Exchange organisation with 2 servers in it e.g. server1, server2 OWA works fine on server1 but not on server2. All the servers were built from scratch. Server1 is for staff and Server2 for students. The default policy has been set up since Feburary with no problems one e.g. user@staff.domain1.com. I added the second server 6 weeks ago and have just started to configure it. I added a second policy e.g. user@student.domain1.com and this is when my problems started. I created a virtual directory pointing to the user@student.domain1.com but have not b...

MVVM generate datatempalte and View Model type
This is a second architect/design question about my rather weird generic project. This has to handle validation rules and data externally described. It's a games orientated piece of software intended the user to build an "army". It has to work for any set of game rules To avoid Intellectual Property issues, key aspects must be externally declared - human readable and un-compiled. Any given game will have a list of stuff you can pick from to make your army. Call them units. The unit type will have different properties depending on the game selected. So I need t...

Multiple fields for same type of values
Hi, I hope this can be done. I have a big data resource that has fields like this: Student Name Subject Question1category Question1subcategory Question1response Question2category Question2subcategory Question2response .... up to 60 questions. I'd like to create a query that looks simpler that I can really sort and report on, like this: Student Name Subject Question number Questioncategory Questionsubcategory Questionresponse Besides setting up 60 append queries (which wouldn't be dynamic), I'm not sure how to do this. Is there a way in Access 20...

Web mail -Exchange server 2003
We installed KB885250 onto our exchnage server which is running Server 2003/Exchange 2003. This particular updated broke a connection to a legacy server so it was removed and now we don't have any web mail...Getting the message: The connection was refused when attempting to connect to http://mail.******.com It seems pretty clear that the problem started when this patch was removed. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks.... Sounds like its not listening on the web port ( 80/443). You may want to call PSS. KB885250 had some known problems. On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:09:06 -0800, &quo...

Implicit type conversion
In Access 97, Access would perform implicit conversion of data in a text box to, e.g., a Currency when used in an expression like so: If txt_price > txt_sellprice Then However, in Access 2003 this test doesn't perform as expected unless I explicitly cast the text box value to Currency, like so: If CCur(txt_price) > CCur(txt_sellprice) Then Is there a setting or option somewhere that governs this behavior? Or am I going to have to go through my entire app looking for expressions like this and explicity casting them? "Ron Hinds" <billg@microsoft.com>...

Integration Manager Version
Hi, I am having integration manager issue when uploading the negative quantity SOP. KB I found out that I need to upgrade to SP5. Currently my IM version is 8.00.0002, can any one tell me what SP I am at right now. We are using GP8.0 currently. Thanks, Gavin Gavin, Here is a list of all the versions I have been able to find: http://victoriayudin.com/2009/01/28/dynamics-gp-integration-manager-versions/. 8.00.0002 is most likely RTM with some hot fix. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www....

Cannot connect to quotes server
All of a sudden, I'm unable to connect to the quotes server using my primary computer. My back-up, a laptop,connects fine. My Internet connection is OK - I can browse with no problem. The connectivity problem exists only with MS Money. I've turned off the firewall. Using XP with SP2, MS Money 2007 Deluxe. Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks. Dave M. A further indication of the problem: When I click "Go Online" in the info bar (between "File, Edit, Favorites..." and "Home, Banking..." lines), I immediately get the message, "Not ab...

Journal Entry Types
When I am working in a journal entry and go to select the Entry Type it seems that some of the types or missing. For example e-mail messge, note, document, or all not there anymore. Is there any way to add entry types? ...

SSMS 2005
I find that on comperable machines, one machine starts management studio in an instance while other takes years. What could cause this? Thanks in advance RG (nobody@nowhere.com) writes: > I find that on comperable machines, one machine starts management studio > in an instance while other takes years. What could cause this? Here is an explanation and suggestion for remedies: http://blogs.msdn.com/dtjones/archive/2006/08/23/sql-server-management-studio-startup-time.aspx -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Onl...

Error ID: 12005 Job Type: Save
We are getting the following message on about 3 projects. In addition to this, these 3 projects never Check-In. The check-in job never even appears in the queue with a "waiting to be processed" or "blocked by failed job" status as it typically seen. I am not certain if they were all created from a specific template or not. I do know they were created by the same person. Any help would be greatly appreciated! <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <errinfo> <general> <class name="ActiveCacheQueuedMessageE...

Can't see images in Email Activities
Hi I'm hoping this is a dead simple question. I have been using MS CRM 3 and when an email comes into the system all images are replaced by the X place holder, How do I make it so I can see images in the emails inline I have tried the "Unblock option" but it doesn't help" Regards Nick Is this within CRM through the IE client or using the Outlook SFO? If the latter, then what version of outlook are you using? Also, have you applied the rollup to CRM 3? We have a developer here that had no problems before with the original distribution of CRM 3, however after i...