SQLState=S1000, NativeError=0

I am trying to use the BCP command to execute the following statement, but I
keep getting the following error:

Starting copy...
SQLState = S1000, NativeError = 0
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Unexpected EOF encountered
in
BCP data-file

0 rows copied.
Network packet size (bytes): 4096
Clock Time (ms.) Total     : 1

This is a very small XML file and here are it's contents:

<xml xmlns:s='uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882'
	xmlns:dt='uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882'
	xmlns:rs='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset'
	xmlns:z='#RowsetSchema'>
<s:Schema id='RowsetSchema'>
	<s:ElementType name='row' content='eltOnly'>
		<s:AttributeType name='c0' rs:name='WITHDRAWAL-CODE' rs:number='1'>
			<s:datatype dt:type='string' rs:dbtype='str' dt:maxLength='6' rs:
maybenull='false'/>
		</s:AttributeType>
		<s:AttributeType name='c1' rs:name='WITHDRAWAL-SDESC' rs:number='2' rs:
nullable='true'>
			<s:datatype dt:type='string' rs:dbtype='str' dt:maxLength='30'/>
		</s:AttributeType>
		<s:extends type='rs:rowbase'/>
	</s:ElementType>
</s:Schema>
<rs:data>
	<z:row c0='00' c1='00 Withdrawn pr'/>
	<z:row c0='01' c1='01 Change grade'/>
	<z:row c0='02' c1='02 Trans-pubSam'/>
	<z:row c0='03' c1='03 Trans-nonpub'/>
	<z:row c0='04' c1='04 Moved out of'/>
	<z:row c0='05' c1='05 Moved out of'/>
	<z:row c0='06' c1='06 Left-age wit'/>
	<z:row c0='07' c1='07 Left-age wit'/>
	<z:row c0='08' c1='08 Grad'/>
	<z:row c0='09' c1='09 Grad-met IEP'/>
	<z:row c0='11' c1='11 Died'/>
	<z:row c0='12' c1='12 Excused-disa'/>
	<z:row c0='13' c1='13 Commit to co'/>
	<z:row c0='14' c1='14 Withdrawn 15'/>
	<z:row c0='15' c1='Lft Marriage'/>
	<z:row c0='16' c1='16 Expelled'/>
	<z:row c0='17' c1='Left sch Pregna'/>
	<z:row c0='18' c1='18 Withdrawn no'/>
	<z:row c0='20' c1='20 Transfer did'/>
	<z:row c0='21' c1='21 EC Withdrawa'/>
	<z:row c0='22' c1='22 Entered care'/>
	<z:row c0='23' c1='23 Kindergarten'/>
	<z:row c0='24' c1='24 Homebound'/>
	<z:row c0='25' c1='25 EC eval only'/>
	<z:row c0='26' c1='26 EC withdrawa'/>
	<z:row c0='27' c1='27 EC transitio'/>
	<z:row c0='28' c1='Not eligile 3yr'/>
	<z:row c0='29' c1='Not elig for 3y'/>
	<z:row c0='30' c1='3yr elig not de'/>
	<z:row c0='31' c1='31 Left -social'/>
	<z:row c0='32' c1='32 Left - finan'/>
	<z:row c0='33' c1='33 Left - famil'/>
	<z:row c0='34' c1='34 Left-Unknown'/>
	<z:row c0='35' c1='35 Left-Over 21'/>
	<z:row c0='36' c1='enrol post seco'/>
	<z:row c0='37' c1='37 Left- to GED'/>
	<z:row c0='40' c1='40 EOY Enrolled'/>
	<z:row c0='41' c1='41 Dropped/ReEn'/>
	<z:row c0='42' c1='42  met loc gra'/>
	<z:row c0='50' c1='50 Special ed s'/>
	<z:row c0='60' c1='No Referal'/>
	<z:row c0='61' c1='Referal to SpEd'/>
	<z:row c0='62' c1='Refer HealthCar'/>
	<z:row c0='63' c1='Refer SpEd/Heal'/>
	<z:row c0='64' c1='Refer EC Progam'/>
	<z:row c0='65' c1='Refer Parent No'/>
	<z:row c0='97' c1='Displaced NonRe'/>
	<z:row c0='99' c1='99 Enrollment S'/>
	<z:row c0='WCV' c1='DO NOT USE'/>
	<z:row c0='YE' c1='DO NOT USE'/>
</rs:data>

</xml>

And this is my SQL table in the Development database which is currently empty:

CREATE TABLE wbl_Load (xCol xml);
GO

I am not using a format file but here is what I choose from the command
prompt:
"xml"
enter
\n\n\n

0
ironryan77

ironryan77 (u64030@uwe) writes:
> I am trying to use the BCP command to execute the following statement,
> but I keep getting the following error:
>
> Starting copy...
> SQLState = S1000, NativeError = 0
> Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Unexpected EOF
> encountered in
> BCP data-file
>
> 0 rows copied.
> Network packet size (bytes): 4096
> Clock Time (ms.) Total     : 1
> I am not using a format file but here is what I choose from the command
> prompt:
> "xml"
> enter
> \n\n\n

Two problems: you specify "xml" but that will probably be a binary type.
And if you accept the default for the prefix length you get a prefix > 0.
Prefix is only used with binary files, and you have a text file.

I played with this, but in a hurry, I could not compose a format
file that defines the entire field as a single file. Hm, well,
you would specify </xml> as a terminator, but then the terminator
would not be imported. Bad idea.

I think you should look into OPENROWSET(BULK) and the SINGLE_CLOB
option. I'm in a hurry now, so I cannot give examples, but Books
Online has information.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland
9/1/2010 10:09:35 PM
Thank you for this response, however, check this:

I would like to learn more about what you mean because the above link
recommends using SINGLE_BLOB.  Especially because I want to import this data
into an XML column and not a VARCHAR column.

Erland Sommarskog wrote:
>> I am trying to use the BCP command to execute the following statement,
>> but I keep getting the following error:
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> enter
>> \n\n\n
>
>Two problems: you specify "xml" but that will probably be a binary type.
>And if you accept the default for the prefix length you get a prefix > 0.
>Prefix is only used with binary files, and you have a text file.
>
>I played with this, but in a hurry, I could not compose a format
>file that defines the entire field as a single file. Hm, well,
>you would specify </xml> as a terminator, but then the terminator
>would not be imported. Bad idea.
>
>I think you should look into OPENROWSET(BULK) and the SINGLE_CLOB
>option. I'm in a hurry now, so I cannot give examples, but Books
>Online has information.

ironryan77
9/1/2010 11:41:56 PM
This was my BCP command:
bcp Development.dbo.wbl_Load in zSkywardEWCodes.xml -m50 -e ErrorLog -b100 -S
just5clicks.com -U###### -P######
and the "#"s represent my username and password

Erland Sommarskog wrote:
>> I am trying to use the BCP command to execute the following statement,
>> but I keep getting the following error:
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> enter
>> \n\n\n
>
>Two problems: you specify "xml" but that will probably be a binary type.
>And if you accept the default for the prefix length you get a prefix > 0.
>Prefix is only used with binary files, and you have a text file.
>
>I played with this, but in a hurry, I could not compose a format
>file that defines the entire field as a single file. Hm, well,
>you would specify </xml> as a terminator, but then the terminator
>would not be imported. Bad idea.
>
>I think you should look into OPENROWSET(BULK) and the SINGLE_CLOB
>option. I'm in a hurry now, so I cannot give examples, but Books
>Online has information.

ironryan77
9/1/2010 11:52:46 PM
ironryan77 via SQLMonster.com (u64030@uwe) writes:
> Thank you for this response, however, check this:
>
> I would like to learn more about what you mean because the above link
> recommends using SINGLE_BLOB.  Especially because I want to import this
> data into an XML column and not a VARCHAR column.

As I said, I was in a hurry, so I did not check Books Online. If it says
SINGLE_BLOB that is the way to go.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland

Duplicate detection feature of CRM 4.0
Hi, I have a query regarding duplicate detection jobs in CRM 4 .0.CRM 4.0 allows jobs to search for duplicates at the time specified at the time of creation and allows it to recur after a period of 7, 30, 90,180 or 365 days. If suppose I have already created a duplicate detection job for say active accounts. I create duplicate records account 1 and account 2 with same email address. The duplicate detection window pops up while creating the account 2 record. But the duplicate records will not be updated in the details section as the job was created prior to creation of the records.It can ...

Business Portal 4.0 Problems with SharePoint 3.0 (WSS 3.0)
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here who has experience in Business Portal could help me out here. I have Installed Business Portal 4.0 on our SharePoint Services (WSS 3.0) and it seems to be running fine. But when I try to remove a user from the Business Portal list, I get this error: System.Exception: soap:Server Server was unable to process request --> The subscriber type in the subscription is invalid. PublisherAssemblyName: Microsoft.BusinessFramework PublisherClass: Microsoft.BusinessFramework.User PublisherEvent: Deleting SubscriberAssemblyName: Microsoft.Dynamics.R...

4.0 Duplicate Detection Permissions
How are duplicates handled when a user does not have permissions to see records not owned by them? Hi, Duplicate rules takes only those records into consideration on which user have atleast read permission. This should be considered while designing/configuring the CRM system. If you are setting duplicate detection rule on entity, then all users who have have create/update permission on that entity should have Organization level read access on that entity. Otherwise duplicate records would be created in the system and user would not be notified about that. Please let me know if you req...

uninstall GP10.0
I'm trying to unistall and I keep getting "The following components must be installed in order to proceed: Microsoft Dexterity Shared Components 10.0. I've uninstalled and reinstalled that several times and i'm still getting the same message. See if you can install just the Dexterity component from the install CD and then try to uninstall? Look under Bin\DexCmn on CD 1 or 2. "Larry C" wrote: > I'm trying to unistall and I keep getting "The following components must be > installed in order to proceed: > Microsoft Dexterity Shared Component...

CRM 3.0 - Vista
We have recently upgraded to MS Vista. We now find that title bars of CRM windows display the full url, making navigation extremely cumbersome. any ideas? And any other CRM/Vista problems we should be aware of? HI, If I understand your problem correctly, it is because of IE7 tabs. you can change the tabs behavior by going to tools -> Internet options -> general . under tabs, click settings. and change the option of "when a pop up is encountered" to "always open pop ups in new window". this will enforce IE to open CRM in a new window, and then it should open with no ...

Field Service V2.0
I know that there probably isn't a lot of solid info avail about feature set for V2.0 but I have seen a number of references to planned addition of some type of Field Service functionality. My question is.... Does anybody have any insight or thoughts as to whether or not the ability to schedule/dispatch techs and the ability to generate invoicing for field service calls will be included? There is something referred to as Service Scheduling in the latest information that I have seen. "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1102972818.458191.150090@z14...

Program Fail to Run After Convert from VC++ 6.0 to VC++ .NET 2003
I got a VC++ 6.0 program which is a windows service. After converting to VC++ ..NET 2003 project and fixing some coding error. It can compile and looks work fine. But when I run the service, it said program error and looks it cannot get a thread from AfxGetThread function. Below please find a code segment which I experience the error. Any can help on this? const CString NDSApp::SERV_NAME(_T("NDS Data Delivery")); NDSApp::NDSApp() :CNTService("NDS Data Delivery"){ m_pNDSSetting = new CRegKeyValuePair(APPNAME,SECTION); } NDSApp::~NDSApp() { if (m_pNDSSetting) de...

eConnect error
Hello, I have a problem when running an eConnect integration my developpers have written for me. Note that this integration works fine on their test system, and also note that previous versions of this integration (developped with eConnect 9.0, prior to installing hot fix 9.0.2.4) were working fine and still are (somehow proving that my eConnect install is OK). I have installed the hot fix as well, it seemed to install fine, but somehow I have the feeling things stopped working when my developpers started coding with the hot fix. Any idea ? I am getting a bit desperate now... Full error mes...

Version Comparison 9.0 to 10.0
Dear Experts, I am trying to find a document to support one of my customers as to why he needs to upgrade from 9.0 to 10.0, but for the past 30min "Professor Google" isnt helping. I would really appreciate if someone could send me few links or documents to support it... Thanks much in advance! -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA Girish, This post might help: http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2007/11/28/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-0.aspx Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85...

2.0 Installation problems
Ok, here goes.. MSDE 2000 - fully updated XPSP2 - fully updated ..NET 1.1 - fully updated ..NET 2.0 - fully updated PERMISSION ERROR ON MACHINE 1 1-Installed RMS 2.0 under administrator and re-booted 2-Logged on as Administrator, launched POS and entered product key (like I always do with MS products) 3-Logged off Administrator and logged on under the user account I normally run RMS under. 4-Launched POS and got a run-time error 70, writing to the registry error, a license violation error AND IE 7.0 has permission errors and would not launch I know run-time 70 errors are permission rela...

SPB Finance on Windows Mobile 5.0
I recently purchased a Windows Mobole 5.0 phone and was extremely disspoointed to find out (after the fact) that Pocket Money does not work on WM5. So now I am considering other options. I ran across the program called SPB Finance. It supports both Windows Mobile 5.0 and all the recent versions of MS Money. Do any of you use SPB Finance on WM5? How does it compare to Pocket Money? Does it sync items well? Should I wait (a while) until a compatible version of Pocket Money comes out or buy SPB Finance? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan SPB is worth a look, Bryan. -- Mich...

SQLState=S1000, NativeError=0
I am trying to use the BCP command to execute the following statement, but I keep getting the following error: Starting copy... SQLState = S1000, NativeError = 0 Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0]Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file 0 rows copied. Network packet size (bytes): 4096 Clock Time (ms.) Total : 1 This is a very small XML file and here are it's contents: <xml xmlns:s='uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882' xmlns:dt='uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882' xmlns:rs='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset'...

Memory Leake with CRecordset VC++ 6.0
My programm works with Windows2000Prof without any problem. But if the programm run under Windows NT 4.0 it generates memory leakes. The database Access97 will be connected over ODBC mdac V 2.1.3711 ODBC 4.00.3711.08 It's true that this effect depends on the mdac Version? ...

GP 6.0 to GP 10.0 and Advanced Financial Reports
In one of our smaller companies, we were on GP 6.0. Using Integration Manager and a fair amount of effort, I migrated the GL data to GP 10.0 (with account number changes and account combining). In GP 6.0, the user had a group of Advanced Financial Statements that she ran at month end. In GP 10.0, The reports were rebuilt (from scratch) and a similar group was created. When this group is run the GP Client freezes (i.e. all 4Gb of physical RAM gets used) and 50% of the time completely crashes. I have scoured the KB's and followed every bit of advice that I could find. I have che...

0.1383774 Like What Is In Here? 0.1063334
0.2024654 Like What Is In Here? 0.9140694 0.1383774 Now Visit http://www.clicklinknow.com/ss/ 0.1063334 ...

toggle between 0 and 1
Is there a binary operator in Visual Basic that will toggle a variable (initially set to 0) between 0 and 1??? I know I could use a bunch of if-then statements to toggle my variable between 0 and 1, but isnt there a binary operator that can set my variable to 0 if it equals 1, and set it to 1 if it equals 0??? thankx Assuming your variable's name is ZeroOne, executing this statement will toggle it from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1 depending on its current value... ZeroOne = 1 - ZeroOne -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in mess...

Reg: Tracking emails into MS CRM3.0
Hi Just now I installed MS CRM 3.0 desktop outlook client in my system. I am unable to track more than 1 email into CRM at a time from my Outlook inbox. Is there any way to track more than 1 email into CRM? please let me know......... Thx in advance. Anil V no, you can only do one at a time. If you need to track a lot of e-mail, you should investigate the CRM Exchange Router which will automatically post e-mail for you. Dave Ireland "Anil Kumar V" <AnilKumarV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E965A49-5558-4D7E-836F-A80092F57F30@microsoft.com... > Hi ...

Multiple version instances in GP 9.0 and 10.0
I am trying to run multiple instances on one machine for GP 9.0 and GP 10.0 using a second instance of SQL Server 2005, although I get a Dexterity Runtime error. Is it necessary to have this second instance of SQL? Any clues? Thanks in advance. Each instance must have it's own DYNAMICS database. Also, make sure that you have two seperate DSN's, one that points to version 9, one that points to version 10. When you log into GP, make sure you use the correct DSN for that version. Hope that helps, Jim "Kelly" wrote: > I am trying to run multiple instances on one ...

Replacing #DIV/0! by 0
Hello, I'm trying to replace error symbols with a 0 in a formula without success ! Please could someone tell me where I'm going wrong in the formula below : IF(ISNA(SUM(M3:O3)/SUMPRODUCT((M3:O3>0)*1))),0,((SUM(M3:O3)/SUMPRODUCT((M3:O 3>0)*1)))) Thanks very much for your help, James One way: =IF(COUNTIF(M3:O3,">0")=0,0,SUM(M3:O3)/COUNTIF(M3:O3,">0")) In article <ekABsP1NEHA.128@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "James" <james.parker@genesys.com> wrote: > I'm trying to replace error symbols with a 0 in a formula without su...

Source code for the Book 'Prof. MFC w/Visual C++ 6.0'
Does anybody have the accompanying source for the WROX press book: Professional MFC with Visual C++ 6.0, By Mike Blaszczak? Their website no longer includes it. If anybody could point me to a URL or perhaps just e-mail it if they have it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Dave PS-remove NOSPAM out of return for valid address. -- http://www.nwlink.com/~mikeblas/samples/ Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://www.railjonrogut.com mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com "Dave Skok" <dskok@ NOSPAM lehighdim.com>...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2005
i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS help me to install it? regards Fouad Farhan Fouad, GP 8.0 is not yet supported on SQL 2005. You can either install GP 8.0 on SQL 2000 or GP 9.0 on SQL 2005. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Fouad" <fo_fo_2000@yahoo.com.FOR_SPAM> wrote in message news:6EE969A2-D8C1-4394-84FE-CE59B5242218@microsoft.com... >i try to install GP 8.0 ON SQK 2005 i have message that is not support PLS > help me to install it? > regards > Fouad Farhan It's not advisable to start upgrading to SQL 2005 on a p...

MAPI 1.0 error 220
When I right click on a file and try to "send to ... mail recipient", I get an error message: "An error occurred while attempting to open the Windows Address Book. Please specify a default mail delivery location in your profile. MAPI 1.0 [00000220]" This is a new. Up until recently everything was working OK. I have WinXP SP2 and use Outlook 2000 as my default email program. What do you show as your defaults under Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs Tab->Contact List? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the dis...

Adding new Modules to GP 9.0
We purchased new modules to be added to GP, what are the steps we need to follow to implement them. Please advise. We have an existing version of Great plains which we upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0 and applied SP2. We bought Fixed assets module, Integration Manager and some other modules. I need to install the software for these modules, and logically thinking I might have to service pack again. Please let me kow. Thanks in advance. -- Chetan Tanna Sr. Manager Of IT Use Add/Remove programs to change the setup. Integration Manager is installed from the second cd. -- Charles Allen, MVP...

VS2008 Framework 3.5 Web Service Accessed from Web 2.0 Client
Hi, I'm wondering if I made a large architectural screwup. I wanted to use new features in VS2008 including LINQ in my web service and have targeted the 3.5 framework with the web service. However, my Windows Forms client targets the 2.0 framework as I don't want my clients to have to download 3.5 All this works nicely in development but trying to deploy to a staging env I experience problems. I've deployed the web service sucessfully to IIS on my local machine and can browse to the service definition using the address below OK. My app.config file contains the reference:...

Multi-Currency Support in v2.0
Hi Matt or any of the MSFT guys, Are you guys going to introduce Multi-Currency in CRM2.0? Also, I wanted to know if you will be improving the pricing module. Appreciate your help. Thanks, Ruf no news on multi currency, I expect to see something to handle multi currency from the ISV's even if Microsoft does not deliver it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "ruf" <maruf.dolani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1116867377.341421.197820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi Matt or any of the MSFT guys, Are you guys going to introduce > ...