SQL Server User Groups

I'm trying to find, or maybe start, a SQL Server user group in Sacramento,
CA. Web searches have been of minimal help, though I did find
http://sqlserver.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/sacramento/ and LinkedIn produced
an interesting list of SQL Server people in Sac.

Searching the Microsoft site produced very little, though I remember finding
something a couple years ago.

0
Jay

I found http://www.sqlpass.org too, but they have nothing in Sacramento.

"Jay" <spam@nospam.org> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find, or maybe start, a SQL Server user group in Sacramento,
> CA. Web searches have been of minimal help, though I did find
> http://sqlserver.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/sacramento/ and LinkedIn produced
> an interesting list of SQL Server people in Sac.
>
> Searching the Microsoft site produced very little, though I remember
> finding something a couple years ago.

-1
Jay
2/21/2010 5:38:36 PM
I'm not aware of one in Sacramento...  but if you start one, I'll come speak
at it. My best friend lives there. :-)

--
HTH
Kalen

> I'm trying to find, or maybe start, a SQL Server user group in Sacramento,
> CA. Web searches have been of minimal help, though I did find
> http://sqlserver.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/sacramento/ and LinkedIn produced
> an interesting list of SQL Server people in Sac.
>
> Searching the Microsoft site produced very little, though I remember
> finding something a couple years ago.

0
Kalen
2/21/2010 7:37:12 PM
That would be super fantastic!

If I start one, I'll make the start date when you can come.

"Kalen Delaney" <please_reply_on_newsgroups@domain.com> wrote in message
> I'm not aware of one in Sacramento...  but if you start one, I'll come
> speak at it. My best friend lives there. :-)
>
> --
> HTH
> Kalen
> Kalen Delaney
> SQL Server MVP
> www.SQLServerInternals.com
>
> "Jay" <spam@nospam.org> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to find, or maybe start, a SQL Server user group in
>> Sacramento, CA. Web searches have been of minimal help, though I did find
>> http://sqlserver.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/sacramento/ and LinkedIn
>> produced an interesting list of SQL Server people in Sac.
>>
>> Searching the Microsoft site produced very little, though I remember
>> finding something a couple years ago.

0
Jay
2/21/2010 9:04:10 PM
I haven't been able to find one in Sacramento either, though I would
definitely be interested in joining if you do start one.

"Jay" wrote:

> I'm trying to find, or maybe start, a SQL Server user group in Sacramento,
> CA. Web searches have been of minimal help, though I did find
> http://sqlserver.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/sacramento/ and LinkedIn produced
> an interesting list of SQL Server people in Sac.
>
> Searching the Microsoft site produced very little, though I remember finding
> something a couple years ago.
>

> .

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Group select view others' calendar outlook 2007
Is there some sort of shortcut to select/view a group of other peoples calender? Now I have to check the box of everyone, and then uncheck everyone when I only want to see my own calendar. see if http://www.publicshareware.com/outlook-public-calendar-choice.php does what you need. if not, google for AutoIt. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLET...

How can I group a set of documents needs to be opened repetatively
How can I group a set of documents needs to be opened repetatively? Hi Prithvi, You can open all the required documents and then choose File + Save WOrkspace. The next time you want them all open just open the Workspace. Judith -- Hope this helps "Prithvi" wrote: > How can I group a set of documents needs to be opened repetatively? ...

Excel 2007
Hi Is there anyway to replace the new Excel 2007 interface with the old interface, for example the menu items "Developer" "Addins", "Review" menus are irrelevant in the majority of spreadsheet cases we use. Using the old-style keysequence: Alt+T -> i to bring up the addins menu, I clicked upon: Analysis ToolPak Analysis ToolPak-VBA Conditional Sum Wizard etc. but after installing them,. nothing was shown under the "Addins" menu.... are they installed by default ... if so why would having doing the above, brought up the "Configuration Pro...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

user account disabled. need to redirect his e-mail
Hi, I have a situation: User left the company. I disabled his AD account. His boss asking to redirect this user new incoming e-mail to other user. Can you suggest an appropriate solution. Do I have to activate his account and just change a password or I can keep this account blocked. Thanks. Michael. On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 18:55:02 -0800, "MLA!" <MLA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have a situation: > >User left the company. >I disabled his AD account. >His boss asking to redirect this user new incoming e-mail to other user. > >Can you sugge...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

How to protect a shared sheet but allow groups to expand
Hi, I am running Office XP and I am having a problem with protection and groups. On one of my sheets I have grouped some rows so that the plus/minus sign is on the left. Some of the cells are unprotected so they can be updated when the sheet is protected. The problem is that when the sheet is protected you cannot expand or collapse the groups. I found some code on Google that runs when you open the workbook and allows the groups to function properly and the codes works great. However when I share the workbook the code no longer functions and in fact generates an error upon opening the ...

sql summarizing help

can't get CListCtrl groups to work
Env.: VS2003, Common Controls v6 Hi All, I have this CListCtrl in report view displaying a bunch of items. I wanted to use item groups (a new feature in common controls v6). You know, such as in the Network Connections in Explorer under Win XP : Dial-up, Incoming, LAN or High-speed Internet... Docs are close to inexistant but I thought it shouldn't be to difficult : - call List.EnableGroupView() - call List.InsertGroup() to create each group. - call List.MoveItemToGroup() to place each item in a group. Even though not clearly documented in MS docs, these steps are the same as describ...

Bad user experience for Outlook 2010
In the new Office 2010 PRO, I have met many problems. Microsoft needs to improve Office 2010 user experience. Here are my complains. 1. Ribbon interface is the only choice. You cannot get back to the old interface. For many business people changes are a disaster. Not everyone can spend months to adopt a new system. Where is my Printer Preview icon? Where is my recall function? I cannot waste time to find the new function or learn the new interface. I want the old interface back. 2. Nonsense message box. When I close an opened attachment file in a message without any change, why do I...

Project Server Cube Build Issue
I think I screwed up the install order on the SQL DMO components. According to MSDN: " At this time, do not use the feature packs for SQL Server 2008 to install and download these components, as those files will not allow you to build cubes in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with Project Server 2007." However, I didn't read that carefully enough and installed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects Collection instead of the 2005 version. Now I can't install the 2005 version even if I uninstall the 2008 version. The setup fails with the "highe...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...

Outlook access to mail servers blocked
For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry account - any ideas folks? I am r...

SharePoint Security Groups
Why when i create a top level site with then created 2 child sites does the security from 1 child site carry over to the 2nd child site even though i told each site to use unique permissions? Ex: On child site 1 i create a group called SharePoint Guru and give it full control on site 1. I then go over to Site 2 and look in it's permissions and that group is listed there but the permissions on it says none. I don't understand why it would carry over to site 2 like that. If I delete the "SharePoint Guru" group from Site 2 it also deletes it in Site 1 I am runn...