SQL Server 2008 and Windows 7 - Error 15401 creating windows login

I am unable to add Window Authenticated logins to my instance of SQL Server
2008 (Developer Edition) running on Window 7.  Everytime I try to add the
login in SQL (via SSMS, or T-SQL code) I get SQL Error #15401 - Windows NT
User or Group not found.

I have went through the KB article 324321, and none of that was the issue,
and I still have the problem.  I have enabled all protocols, remote
connections, disabled all 3 firewalls in windows 7 and disabled UAC, all to
no avail.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Delete E-mail, but Stay in Separate Window
When I open e-mail in Outlook, the e-mail is displayed in a separate window. However, when I click on the delete button, I am taken back to the main Outlook program window. Is there a way to have Outlook move to the next e- mail message in the separate window? Thanks! Tools | Options | Email Options > "After moving or deleting an open item" -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bruce" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

Can I create an icon for Outlook Today?
I would like to be able to navigate between Outlook Today and my tasks without being distracted by my unread emails. Can I create an icon to take me straight back to Outlook Today without having to use the task panel on the side which shows unread messages? No icon, but if you don't already the shortcut button (which will take you to the Outlook Today button), you can add it, then its just two clicks from Tasks to Outlook Today: Click the ">>" at bottom of the navigation pane and select "Add or Remove buttons" and select Shortcuts. You'll n...

Hide Window
Hi, Im using GP 10 is there any way to hide the series posting window under financial. I tried by looking at the security roles and tasks but it's not working. Thanks, Saad, You will want to remove access to the 'Series Posting' operation from the ADMIN_COMPANY_011* and/or TRX_FIN_003* security tasks depending on the roles currently associated to the user in question (ACCOUNTING MANAGER, BOOKKEEPER). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspo...

Need to login every once in awhile through Outlook
Using Outlook to gain access to CRM, every once in awhile our users need to input their network login credentials. Is there a way to put a stop to this? Thanks On Aug 10, 10:52 am, circulent <circul...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using Outlook to gain access to CRM, every once in awhile our users need to > input their network login credentials. > > Is there a way to put a stop to this? > > Thanks Is the CRM address in the LOCAL Intranet under IE - Tools- Internet Options - Secruity it is now. thanks "InFiNiTeX" wrote: > On Aug 10, 10:52 am...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

Computerworld article on Mac Office 2008
Computerworld has a story giving a preview of Mac Office 2008. They have quotes from some key people at Microsoft who were involved in Mac Office 2008's development. The story can be read at this link: http://tinyurl.com/3be8p6 ...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

"Create Rule" option greyed out
In Outlook 2003, does anybody know why this option would be greyed out for just a select couple of addresses??? Both the right click menu and the toolbar are showing grey. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. HAve you selected just one address? How are you trying to add a rule? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jaredsubman@yahoo.com asked: | In Outlook 2003, does anybody know why this option would be grey...

sql summarizing help

Project Server Cube Build Issue
I think I screwed up the install order on the SQL DMO components. According to MSDN: " At this time, do not use the feature packs for SQL Server 2008 to install and download these components, as those files will not allow you to build cubes in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with Project Server 2007." However, I didn't read that carefully enough and installed the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects Collection instead of the 2005 version. Now I can't install the 2005 version even if I uninstall the 2008 version. The setup fails with the "highe...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

WSUS 3.0 on SBS 2008 Best Practise
Is there any way to get the WSUS 3.0 databse on SBS 2008 to just contain updates that are required? When I install WSUS 3.0 on SBS 2008 I find myself having to decline thousands of un approved updates just to get WSUS 3.0 to a point where it only show updates that require approval for the machines on the SBS 2008 domain. I`d like if WSUs 3.0 only displayed updates that require approval. any suggestions gladly welcome. thanks, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CAE77F.3B3AE9E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"...

Windows 2003 Environment and Microsoft Office Excel temp files
Hello Everyone I’m having a issue with a Windows 2003 Environment and Microsoft Office Excel files. We have a few excel file then when edited create the normal temp file. The problem we are having is that the temp file is not going away after the file is closed. This is not causing a issue at all but does fill the directories with temp files and seems to be intermittent on what files it does and did not do this for a new file. I have confirmed the permissions on the directories and they are correct so I’m not sure what to look at next. Anyone have any ideas? This is a r...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

Questions #7
Please can anyone help me with a couple of questions I have about am Excel XP spreadsheet I have devised to pass out to other people. 1. I have a graphic on the spreadsheet which I want to make 'delete proof' I have used cell protection and a pass work to protect the sheet, but the graphic is still removeable, is there a cure for this? 2. On the sheet is a graph, the graph itself needs to be protected, but the titles could do with being editable, or linkable to another cell (in a seperate data sheet) that the user could edit to change the titles. I'm not a stranger to VBA, ...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Windows Mail Live Removal
I have Windows Mail Live on my system but want to remove it. Can anyone tell me which description that would be in the Uninstall Programs list? It is a component of Windows Live Essentials. You need to change the Windows Live Essentials installation. On 14/12/2009 20:40, M Wade wrote: > I have Windows Mail Live on my system but want to remove it. Can > anyone tell me which description that would be in the Uninstall Programs > list? "M Wade" <nowhere@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:uOWsa2PfKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have ...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

Server
Working in a large office we have recently replaced our exchange server. The new server has a different name fom the old one. For the vast majority of users this has not caused a problem. One user about once a week cannot open hois Outlook and the server name reverts back to the old server name. Please help ! ...

Can someone tell me some newsgroup server about AI or datamining?
Hi, all I am sorry to post my question here, but i really need help from everyone here. I have googled for newsgroup talking about AI or dataming for a long time, however, it ends no result. Can someone show me any newsgroup servers just like msnews.microsoft.com, then I would post my question there and gather helps from those experts. Best wishes Hi, there are endless resources in the internet, you just have to look for the right words and places: http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/ http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/computer_science/artificial_intelligence/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artif...

Project Server 2007 Hotfix dated 2/23/10
Need help in trying to determine what is actually being fixed in the newest hotfix they are the following first and second items in the kb article. Also, could someone let me know what the note applies to as well (that is the first item or the second item or both). Thanks!!!! 1. You accept updates for assignments in Microsoft Office Project 2007. In this case, the values for actual work and for actual overtime work differ from the values submitted by the resources. When you save and then publish the project, the resource timesheet on the My Tasks page shows the same incorrect...