sql request to return port number

Hello,

I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
1433).

Thanks for your help

0
Wilfrid

Hi
You can find this info in ERROR.LOG file

"Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
> return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
> 1433).
>
> Thanks for your help

0
Uri
11/18/2009 1:44:48 PM
Hi,
Can it be requested via a select command?

"Uri Dimant" <urid@iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi
> You can find this info in ERROR.LOG file
>

> "Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
>> return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
>> 1433).
>>
>> Thanks for your help

0
Wilfrid
11/18/2009 1:46:13 PM
For SQL2005 and above...

SELECT  local_tcp_port,*
FROM    sys.dm_exec_connections
WHERE  session_id = @@SPID
AND       net_transport = 'TCP'

hth,
AbbA

"Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
> return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
> 1433).
>
> Thanks for your help

0
Abba
11/19/2009 5:09:38 AM
In SQL Server 2005 and onwards  you can use the script posetd by Abba

If you have SQL Server 2000
sp_readerror log calls the up so have a look at this:

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sp_readerrorlog_undocumented.htm

> Hi,
> Can it be requested via a select command?
>

> "Uri Dimant" <urid@iscar.co.il> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> You can find this info in ERROR.LOG file
>>

>> "Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
>>> return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
>>> 1433).
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help

0
Uri

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

stored procedure glppostbatch returned the following results:
I am getting this message after posting: The Stored Procedure glppostbatch returned the following results: DBMS: O Microsoft Dynamics GP: 20286 I am not sure if should use PSTL KB 898996 missing the triggers.cmp file or if I should use the new Database maintenance with V10? I am on V10, SP3 Can someone clarify the steps I need to take? thanks -- Doug Doug, I would use PSTL to recreate the SY00500 table as it would maintain the existing data. If you use the SQL maintenance option in GP, you will then have to run check links and reconcile to recreate and update all batches across al...

Meeting Requests do not display properly
I am hoping that someone may have seen this problem before. When any of our users with Office XP send a meeting request in Outlook, it does not display properly for recipients that are using Office 2000. Any clues? ...

sequential text and numbers problem
I am trying to save myself an incredible amount of time and could use some help. I am listing a series of cell and need a formula so that I dont have to type each the value. The sequence is as such (the "+" is strictly text and has no mathematical function: 0+73, 0+78, 0+83, 0+88, 0+93, 0+98, 1+03, 1+08, 1+13,... The numbers before and after the "+" change per document but the number after the "+" always increases by 5. Note that the number before the "+" increases by 1 once the numbers after the "+" exceed 100 (so that there...

Port 1550
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5A286.ACDC6710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know if Outlook uses port 1550? Kind Regards, --=20 Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP+I, NT-CIP 2004 Microsoft MVP, Windows Server - General www.McGroarty.org ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5A286.ACDC6710 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>...

How can i create a query on text input to return closest match?
I would like to create a text based parameter which will return the closest match? e.g Drink is the search citeria, the search will look for the word drink in every record and bring up those with the closest match Can you explain what you mean by closest match? Looking for the word Drink in a field and returning all the records where "drink" is included in the field would be simple. Field: SomeFieldWithText Criteria: LIKE "*" & [Enter word] & "*" But if you wanted to enter DRINK and find Drink or Drank or Drunk or Dink or Rink Or Dunk or .... in...

Data Conversion Expression returns #Error
Objective: Convert txt data representing a time stamp on a particular activity into DateTime format. 1. If the data field contains any data convert it to the DateTime format 2. If data field is Null or a zero length string would like to return a null. 3. The data usually come in 0000 format but it could be 000 or 00 or 0 or “ “. CutT_temp: CDate(IIf(IsError(FormatDateTime(IIf(Len([Cut_Time])<1,"",Left([Cut_Time],2)+":"+Right([Cut_Time],2)),0)),"",FormatDateTime(IIf(Len([Cut_Time])<1,"",Left([Cut_Time],2)+":"+Right([Cut_Time],2)...

Assigning a number value to a letter?
I am trying to see how I can assign a number value (10) to a letter (X) that is typed into a cell. Everytime I type (X) I want it to represent the number (10) in any formulas that I want to use it in. So, if a type (X) in seven cells it should add up to 70. Can I do this? =SUM(IF(A2:A20="X",10)) as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Orphan86" <Orphan86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E32863E-A3F5-4B85-B2D2-A9A5A80AAA30@microsoft.com... > I am trying t...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

sql summarizing help

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

Transaction Reference Number
Is there any way to SEARCH by transaction reference number? We sell thru many channels and use this space to put the order number from the channel, i.e. Amazon's Order Number. When we get an enquiry about an order, many times it only contains the order number, not the customer's name, email, or any other identifiable information. We have to go to Amazon, look up the order online to get the person's name. I want to be able to query the reference number in RMS. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_033B_01C6F382.EFDF88A0 Content-Type: multipart/a...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

ERROR: "The record you are requesting is currently unavailable"
CRM 3.0, using Web client, Windows Server 2003 SP1 for SBS. Have found no good solution for this problem I've been getting since installation couple days ago. When trying to create a new appointment, upon save get the error: "The record that you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record was not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." Upon clicking "Ok" I get the error: "General failure in scheduling engine" with a "Ignore and Save" button which will save the appointment, but still marks the appointm...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Formatting Page Numbers in sections
My document has some pages that are portrait and the page numbers are centered in the footer. In a few sections I have pages that are landscape and of course the page number is in the footer as the layout is 11 across. However, I need the page numbers on the landscape pages to be on the left margin so when the document is bound the page number is the same direction as all the other page numbers. It will be a bound dissertation. with all page numbers located at the bottom centered. HELP--fast PLEASE I can't find out how do do this. When I drag the page number outside...

Changing default for Meeting request time
Can you change your default setting to a specific time when scheduling an appt? Or do you have to highlight the time on the calendar first in order for it to show in the start time? The default time is based on your work hours. If you don't want to pick the time on the calendar you can type it in - use shortcuts like 10a or 230 in the time fields. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.n...

sql.request #2
Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A. The only guide I can find is at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's really hard to follow. From the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the re...

MSDE or SQL Personal or SQL Developer? or SQL Workstation?
Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? Thank you. It depends on what edition of GP you are going to run. If you are going to use Professional, you need to go with SQL Server developer, assuming you are installing on a non-server OS. "ano" wrote: > Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? > SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? > Thank you. Is the function of SQL Developer the same as Enterprise edition? How about personal edition? Can it be used for GP Pro? Can dev...

How to I carriage return in "text" cell?
How can I do a carriage return in a text cell? It alway puts me in another cell when I press <enter>. Also, can I use bullets in a text cell? Thanks, Brett Hi Use Alt Enter. -- Andy. "Brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:c003b25a.0407140640.45189fdf@posting.google.com... > How can I do a carriage return in a text cell? It alway puts me in > another cell when I press <enter>. > > Also, can I use bullets in a text cell? > > Thanks, > Brett I'm not going to be much help, but what you need to do is write your text string...