SQL database connections and access from multiple clients

How many concurrent connections can SQL Express 2008 support ?

I have a situation where 10,000 clients need to access and update SQL
Express database.
Is it ok that all the clients directly connects to SQL express and
update the database ? What issues can come up in the scenario ?
OR is it advised that we write a database access layer(component)
which takes care of updating the database and all clients access this
components for reading or writing ?

regards,
Thomas
0
Thomas

Thomas
I think there is no limit concurrent connections for SQL Express 2008

We have some applications that handle 5000 connections to access the
database and yes
we have been using a database access layer

"Thomas" <sachinladdha@gmail.com> wrote in message
> How many concurrent connections can SQL Express 2008 support ?
>
> I have a situation where 10,000 clients need to access and update SQL
> Express database.
> Is it ok that all the clients directly connects to SQL express and
> update the database ? What issues can come up in the scenario ?
> OR is it advised that we write a database access layer(component)
> which takes care of updating the database and all clients access this
> components for reading or writing ?
>
> regards,
> Thomas

0
Uri

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

How do you tab multiple lines to the right
I try to tab name and address to the right 2 or 3 tabs over but my document only tabs the first line. I have to tab one line at a time. Help! If you are expecting the tab key to indent the paragraph, then you have to have the relevant option enabled. This option is located in different places in Word 97-2000, 2002-2003, and 2007-2010, so we need to know what version you have. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "fionabeau" <fionabeau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5CD...

Help with database
I need to create a database that lists companies, with dates items done by, money paid, notes etc. Thats okay, but I need to retain the previous years records and start a new year off fresh. How would I do that? Jenni, It sounds like you have never created a database so I'm going to suggest you start here... Jeff Conrad's resources page... http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html The Access Web resources page... http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP)... http://allenbrowne.com/casu...

Connection problems on SSAS for some projects
I am running on VS 2005 and Sql Server 2005 and trying to deploy my project to Analysis Server and I get the following message: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. Additional information: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. 127.0.0.1:2383 I created 2 project virtually identical. The only difference was that I created a new connection for the first project and then pointed at the existing connection for the 2nd project. The connection showing for both projects when I right-click the Adventure WorksDW...

Uppercase notation in access 2007
Hello, I have a table tblPupils in access 2007. In this table there is a column called "town". All the towns are in lowercase. Now, how can I change all town names to uppercase at once? The property windows maybe? I don't know. Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance. Stan Use an Update query: UPDATE tblPupils SET town = UCase([town]) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "SDS2" <nomailtoSDS@collegewaregemdeletethis.com> wrote in message news:%239f2MLH8KHA.1760@...

how to repeat print single tile of multiple tile poster?
in publisher one tile of multiple tile poster failed to print (ran out of ink). how do I print only the tile that missing? Other than complete (20 sheet) print run. There is no easy way of doing this. Take a look at print preview to determine what tile you need to print. Create rectangles around the areas you don't want to print, fill with white, no line. Keep checking print preview to be sure you are covering the correct tiles. You will end up printing 20 pages, but only one will use ink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "billyb." <billyb.@discus...

XML as general-purpose database?
Hi! I'm coming from building desktop applications using Borland Delphi (Win32) with embedded databases (compiled into the executable). While I find this a very powerfull combo, I'm looking into how I would want to make those kind of applications using C#. As I can't offer potential customers any direct support (it's just a sidekick), I don't want to have them dealing with real database-servers like MSDE. Now, let's say that the number of tables will be between 5 - 25, and the largest tables will hold no more than 10 000 records. The data should be held in a dataSet, so...

Send message from any client
Hi, I'm looking for a MAPI VB/VBA code example that can send a message with an attachment to many recipients. I have VBA code that works with Outlook but fails with Outlook Express. Thanks, Graeme. ...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

Eror connecting Reports MAnager
Hi all, i have been trying to install CRM 3.0 on a SBS installation with SQL 2000 installed and Sharepoint Services , and have the following problem: when I verify the report server the message is : servername/ReportServer - / -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Versión 8.00.1038.00 but when attempt to go to the reports administrator can't connect : ERROR The connection has been finished: It is not possible to connect with the remote server. Thanks! ...

sql summarizing help

Password protecting multiple profiles in Outlook 2003
We are using Outlook 2003 with some machines supporting multiple users. To accomodate them, we have set up two Outlook profiles under a single Windows XP account. As we have an Exchange environment, I have set the checkbox in the profile options to 'Always prompt for user name and password' and also for Outlook to prompt for profile selection each time. The problem is that Outlook 2003 doesn't actually prompt for the username and password EVERY time it opens. If the user who opens Outlook first is the user whose account the machine is logged into Windows with, Outlook seems to ...

Restore database from backup
I made a backup of my database and had to open it to recover changes that had been lost. How do I restore my backup to my original database? The Save & Save As commands only seem to save database objects to my open database. only SQL Server supports true backup / restore functionality with Access, you've got to HOPE that someone didn't have the db open when you back it up On Apr 7, 11:26=A0am, Roland @ Zuca <Roland @ Z...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I made a backup of my database and had to open it to recover changes that= had > been lo...

Print selected worksheets in multiple workbooks?
We would like to print two specific worksheets that exist in multiple workbooks at the same time. In other words, we would like to be able to select all workbook files in a directory and send to the printer to have the same two pages from each workbook print, not the entire workbook. We would like to avoid having to select each file individually to send two sheets to the printer, and then close and go on to the next file. Is this possible, and if so, how do we accomplish this? Thanks for any direction you can provide. I wasn't sure what all you needed, so the code below will ...

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query
I can't create form from table or query. Also I can't import .xls file into Access I downloaded Jet 4.0 SP8 or later and tried to install it But there is msg already installed it What's problem there Please help me On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 05:57:02 -0800, Mubat <Mubat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't create form from table or query. Also I can't import .xls file into >Access >I downloaded Jet 4.0 SP8 or later and tried to install it But there is msg >already installed it >What's problem there Please help me Are you using full Access?...

limit on new database query?
Hi I am trying to create an olap cube to export to another product, however when I use the new database query to bring the data into excel (from another excel table) I only get 1440 rows. Is there any reason or way to change this limitation? Thanks Doug ...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

Event Management Database Template
Hi, I'm changing a few things on this template to make it suit the event management we need. I have removed references to "SalesTaxRate" from the following tables: Attendees, Registration and Company Information; I have also removed references to same from the respective forms as well. I have attempted to find all calculations that refer to this item and adjust them. However, when you open the "Attendees" form, it first brings up a Request Parameter Value box for "Registration.SalesTaxRate". Any idea where I might have missed something? Thanks fo...

some suggestions regarding the outlook client
I would like to see some improvements to the Outlook client. 1) When using the outlook client and navigating to a contact I would like the ‘email’ button to launch an Outlook email rather than a web client email. If you are using the outlook client it is natural to assume you would not want to use the browser email tool to send an email 2) When viewing email in Outlook I would like the CRM toolbar to contain the view regarding button as well as the track in CRM button – currently you have to open the email to find this button which means to get to the related items you have to open thr...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...