SQL 2005 attemted to read or write protected memory.

When we works on the SQL server itself  with the SQL Server Manager, we
receive regular the following error message:

attemted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication that
other memory is corrupt.

Google find the following for me, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926421/,
but this update is for a 32 bit environment.

Do one of you know a solution for me, or tell me where I can find the 64bits
hotfix?

What is the version of SQL Server  you are working on?
Memory? OS?

"Sent and receive mail SBS2008"
<SentandreceivemailSBS2008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When we works on the SQL server itself  with the SQL Server Manager, we
> receive regular the following error message:
>
> attemted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication
> that
> other memory is corrupt.
>
> Google find the following for me, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926421/,
> but this update is for a 32 bit environment.
>
> Do one of you know a solution for me, or tell me where I can find the
> 64bits
> hotfix?

0
Uri
3/11/2010 10:38:09 AM
Our server is running as a VM in a ESX host as a Windows 2003 server with SP2
4GB Ram
SQL2005 with SP3

"Uri Dimant" wrote:

> What is the version of SQL Server  you are working on?
> Memory? OS?
>

> "Sent and receive mail SBS2008"
> <SentandreceivemailSBS2008@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When we works on the SQL server itself  with the SQL Server Manager, we
> > receive regular the following error message:
> >
> > attemted to read or write protected memory. this is often an indication
> > that
> > other memory is corrupt.
> >
> > Google find the following for me, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926421/,
> > but this update is for a 32 bit environment.
> >
> > Do one of you know a solution for me, or tell me where I can find the
> > 64bits
> > hotfix?
> >

> .

Suspicion of CListCtrl memory leak, Help !
I have a testing MFC DialogBase project which has only one control -- ListCtrl. When the app exit , i found that the memory is not free by the system by watch the System Performance dialog page. All that i do is within CListCDlg::OnTimer() func, show as bellow: < code snippet> void CListCDlg::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX) { CDialog::DoDataExchange(pDX); //{{AFX_DATA_MAP(CListCDlg) DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_LIST1, m_MyList); //}}AFX_DATA_MAP } void CListCDlg::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { TCHAR sContent[ 128 ]; //I have not alloc any data from heap, all the data added to CListCtl is ...

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

I have a hyper-v machine protected to a 250GB disk volume with co-location enabled, 74GB is in use. I then created a new protection group to backup a second hyper-v machine and ticked the co-location option. It seems DPM is going to create a new co-locate volume on the disk. Can't DPM use the same volumes accross protection groups? Chris Co-location is limited to the same datasource under the same Protection Group. You cannot co-locate datasources across of Protection Groups. You cannot co-locate datasources of different types in the same volume either. Thanks, --A...

Writing messages into Outlook's Personal Folders
I am writing an application that imports and exports messages into Outlook's folders (PST) by using XMAPI from C++ directly. I am not using CDO or COM. I am fine with reading messages from folders. But I don't have an idea of how messages are written back into the Outlook's folders using XMAPI. Specifically, how to initialize and create a new message, directly using XMAPI functions in C++. Please guide me on this. Thanks. -DD Wrong group. Try posting in one of the MAPI discussion forums -- see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/mapi.htm#discuss -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of...

money 2005
Just a recommendation to all potential money 2005 purchasers...don't do it! Look around the message boards and you'll see countless examples of the program ruining peoples data; unfortunately, I'm one of those people to. Ever since i installed the program it has been updating my information on MSN Money as well. Everything was fine until I wanted to stop doing this and use Money 2005 independently of the web service. When I tried to erase the data from MSN server I couldn't. Then, when Money 2005 opens up my file it connects to the server and all hell breaks lose. My...

Read Only_Add Ins_I'm busted
Oh, gee... I have a severe problem. I have linked several sheets , all in the same folder. Another work collegue has also had some input in these sheets, eventually a whole lot of people will have input in these sheets. But for everybody else it is READ only and they can not save or save as, because ( a little paperclip pop up tells me) I need to tun off ADD INs. I do just that. Still nothing, everybody else is still read only. Properties is unchecked for read only, all protection is unprotected How do I fix this??? Just found out that the problem was with the network, these people did not...

Read Only Vendor Maintenance
I need to give a user read-only access to the Vendor Maintenance screen. Is there a way via SQL security to accomplish this? This is SQL Server 2008. Rich, how about giving them access to the Vendor Inquiry screen instead? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Rich Wheeler" <RichWheeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F19C8582-EC0B-4B8E-9922-028C97629854@microsoft.com... >I need to give a user read-only access to the Vendor Maintenance s...

IM ODBC MS Access 'read permissions' error
I am stumped. This is the first time I'm using IM with Access as the source; I never have any trouble with other sources but can't get this to work: I'm trying to set up IM using Access DB query as the source. I seem to be able to make the connection with the DB no problem as I can select from the list of tables from the datasource, however, IM is "unable to obtain column info..." with the following error returned by ODBC "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'qry...'." The login/pw I used in the ...

kb971117 report viewer redistributable 2005
I am having a problem getting this update installed. Have a 2003 Server Enterprise edition sp2. This guy became available a couple of weeks ago I believe. When it installs it prompts me for a location by saying this: Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK or enter an alternative path to the folder containing the installation package ReportViewer.msi. So I do a search for this file and it is located in C:\Windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft Report Viewer Red...

How to protect a shared sheet but allow groups to expand
Hi, I am running Office XP and I am having a problem with protection and groups. On one of my sheets I have grouped some rows so that the plus/minus sign is on the left. Some of the cells are unprotected so they can be updated when the sheet is protected. The problem is that when the sheet is protected you cannot expand or collapse the groups. I found some code on Google that runs when you open the workbook and allows the groups to function properly and the codes works great. However when I share the workbook the code no longer functions and in fact generates an error upon opening the ...

Password protecting multiple profiles in Outlook 2003
We are using Outlook 2003 with some machines supporting multiple users. To accomodate them, we have set up two Outlook profiles under a single Windows XP account. As we have an Exchange environment, I have set the checkbox in the profile options to 'Always prompt for user name and password' and also for Outlook to prompt for profile selection each time. The problem is that Outlook 2003 doesn't actually prompt for the username and password EVERY time it opens. If the user who opens Outlook first is the user whose account the machine is logged into Windows with, Outlook seems to ...

Protecting workbook on open
I have an excel workbook with multiple sheets which are accessed from a custom menu. What I would like to do is to be able to lock the workbook (or set the open property to readonly) for users who are not authorised, and for those who are to have the workbook as normal read / write access. The usernames are being picked up from the domain so I have those ok, just cant quite figure out the rest. Help much appreciated. thanks Richard You need to keep the sheets protected and only unprotect for certai users. Setting to protect on open will fail if the user disable macros. You also nee...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

sql summarizing help

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Payees in 2005 Business
When you change account or address information is another Payee created in Money? My gas company is listed under Payees and I have auto bill pay setup for them. However when I look up what has been paid to that payee it only goes back to March of this year! When I look up the category it goes back much further, so when I looked up the Payee for before March, the same Payee showed up but some information is different (and not greyed out like for my recurring bill). BTW... this is affecting Budgets as well when I look at my budget history. :) Graham ...

2005 Update failed
Hello, I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a newly created one. The error is: A communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you cantinue to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer Support. Thanks for the help Frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: > > >I have the 2005 Money trial version, I downloaded the update, but it failed >to install. I cannot open Money with my current money.mny file, only a ne...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

Money 2005: "Spending by Category" says "No data to display"?
Hi all, On the Home tab under "Spending by Category" I see: 8/30/04 through 9/28/04 No data to display Well, I do have spending during that time frame. I imagine that the "Spending by Category" thingy is looking in the wrong account(s) and needs to be reconfigured. But I can't for the life of me figure out how -- when I right click it there's no "Customize" option or similar. Any ideas on how to fix this? P.S. I'm able to get data if I click the Reports tab and then "Spending by Category". It's only the "Spendi...