resource allocation for different query

Dear Experts,

Could SQL server allocate resource evenly for each incoming query?
Because sometimes when one user perform a long running query (eg. over one
hour) , it seems other query were suspended and make its related application
timeout/waiting....

Can SQL Server 2008 tune on this ?

Thanks.

0
thomas

thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes:
> Could SQL server allocate resource evenly for each incoming query?
> Because sometimes when one user perform a long running query (eg. over
> one hour) , it seems other query were suspended and make its related
> application timeout/waiting....
>
> Can SQL Server 2008 tune on this ?

You could use the Resource Governor for this. However, this feature is
only available in Enterprise Edition.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland

crosstab query child table count
I have a crosstab query and would like to count parent and child tables like following: Select tblParent.Parent, count(tblParent.PrentID), (Select count(tblChild.ChildID) where tblParent.ParentID = tblChild.ParentID) From tblParent Group By tblParent.Parent It seems that MS Access does not allow to do this using crosstab query. Are there any workaround? Your information is great appreciated, Can you provide the SQL of your crosstab? How about some context to this question so we can wrap our heads around what you are attempting to do? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access ...

Different trend types
I am using excel to curve fit to data in an X-Y Scatter plot. Does anyone know of add-ins/extensions that allow plotting of trendlines for other types of curves eg. Sigmoid or sinusoidal curves? You can use Solver to fit such data. Send me private email if interested; attach file with data and tell me the equation to use. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Dan Burgess" <Dan Burgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A965B80-42F3-4BEA-8A6F-EE2AC53DAF95@microsoft.com... >I am using excel to curve fit...

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

how do I print different postcards on one sheet
i am trying to print a publisher postcard onto an avery paper w/4 post cards. how do I do this? File, Page setup, Postcards, scroll down to Avery US letter. Select one of the postcard templates, they work. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "5trader" <5trader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A775CAD-2AC9-4545-8FCF-56665DC422A9@microsoft.com... >i am trying to print a publisher postcard onto an avery paper w/4 post cards. > how do I do this? ...

Update field names using a query
I have to do a daily import from our accounting software. I have queries created that update a lot of the information that I need. However, I was wondering if there was a way to do a Make table query or an update query that I can rename the field names instead of me mannualy doing it each day. After I clean the data, I have to export it into our leads database and the field names have to match. There are about 15 fields in this import that have to be renamed every day, I was just wondering if I could write some kind of query that could update the field names for me. Thanks for any in...

range of data from different sheets
I'm having trouble creating a graph because the data is spread on different sheets. I've got a new sheet for each month and I'd like to produce a trend graph. Do I have to bring each set of numbers onto the same sheet, or is there a way to have a range of data spread over various sheets? I hope that makes sense! For any given series, for any given set of values (x or y) the data must be on the same sheet. Other than that, you can have data on multiple sheets. So, for one series you could have the series name on one sheet, the x- values on a 2nd sheet, and the y-values on a...

Inv Pmts: Invoices have a different currency than the account:2002
Hi! I am using Money 2002 Deluxe and Business, and whenever I try to apply an Invoice Payment: Invoices > Receive Payment for Invoice, enter the details it always shows: Some of the invoices for this customer have a different currency than the account for this payment. Select a different customer or a different account'. My bas currency is Australian AUD but I have some accounts in USD to. I don't get a choice in the dropdown box (Where will you deposit payment) of any of the USD accounts, only Australian accounts. The USD account is classed as Business, and a Cash (also tr...

Help
I setup an address book a few weeks back using a contacts template. I'd like to setup a Greeting Card query but have no idea how to pull just those that I have either a birthdate or anniversary date for. I should mention that those fields were originally set as text and I did have to leave them that way. For some people I do have a normal standard date including the year but for others, I just have the month & day. Is there any way to do this? (Keep in mind I haven't been using Access long and need easy to understand instructions.) Lisa ...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Emails Receiving time in Inbox Differs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Hi, <br><br>I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I realised that my incoming mails received in the in the Inbox, the time received is different from actual time received. Meaning, the timing in the inbox shows the time that I download the emails. IS there a way to resolve this? ...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Query for a report
Good Morning. I am trying to figure out how to calculate the number of days between two dates. I have a table callled events. That table has event date, event type, event outcome. I am pretty new to Access and need help. For example a defendant will have an Advisement Date (AA as stored in the table) and say a Preliminary Hearing date (PH). When i enter information I will enter the date, event type and the event outcome will be (PD for Pending, CN for Continued, or CP for completed). For example Case Number 10-12345 will have an AA on 01/05/10 which is Completed and a Prelimina...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

Access Query
Any help would be appreciated. When viewing records resulting from a multiple table query, I discovered "Duplicate" records being selected. However, all fields are not exactly the same, for the value selected from the second table makes the record truly unique. How do I modify the query statement to "output" only one occurance of the record? I tried unique value for the "member number" field but the query still selected member 001 two times. -- Brent Brent - You need to tell Access how to decide which of the two fields is the one you w...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

Cell format newbie query
I have a worksheet where all the cells in a column are formatted as text but there are numbers entered in the column. Changing the format of the column, or even any individual cell, to number, does not remove the triangle in the cell top left corner. What should I be doing to fix the situation? Thanks Brian Tozer Hi Brian! One quick way: Select a blank cell Copy Select the range with data in it Edit > Paste Special Add OK You'll note that this converts the format of the selected range to General -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Exc...

Resource file (rc) units
Hello, I am currently trying to port a MFC app to the wxWindows API. My problem is I would like to convert a rc file to the wxwindows resource format but I don't understant units used in MS file. Ex : IDD_LECTEUR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 679, 471 STYLE DS_ABSALIGN | DS_SETFONT | DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 BEGIN CONTROL "",IDC_PANEL_CENTRAL,"Static",SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | WS_GROUP,5,117,667,236 LTEXT "",IDC_STATIC_PANEL,36,138,593,195,0,WS_EX_...

OT: Asset Allocation tool
Can anyone recommend a free online asset allocation tool that recommends more than the vague recommendations of 'domestic stocks', 'foreign stocks', 'bonds' and 'cash'? TIA -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL Money Central used to have a nice tool (in the good old days when you could just link your money file to it). I've been exporting into Excel and doing the asset allocation there. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message news:eUt36gBCGHA.412@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Can anyone recommend a free o...

MS Query
I have an Excel 2002 worksheet connected to a SQL Server 2000 database. The data query is simply: SELECT Count(*) FROM Orders WHERE SALE_DATE=[Parameter1] When prompted for the parameter value, I can manually enter a date 6/20/2004 and the query executes perfectly. But when I try to read a date vaule from a cell, I get an error message "data type mismatch". I have tried all date formats in the cell to no avail. The column SALE_DATE is a smalldatetime type. It appears to be a bug in the Parameter global variable Microsoft uses to pass value from the sheet to the query. It wor...

Calendaring / Resources in 2K7?
Hey guys, Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some sort of auto accept? Thanks, D On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:19:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hey guys, > Is there anything for resources built into E2K7? Are we still to use some >sort of auto accept? >Thanks, >D Much of that will be built-in: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features.mspx Yep - works well, too. I blogged about the Calendar Concierge capability a while back. http://winzenz.blogspot.com/2006/06/exchange-2007-calendar-concierge.ht...

Criteria for opening form from a different subform
Form: frmCamPledgeList Subform: frmCamPledgeListSub Double click on field in subform to open Form: frmViewDonor DoCmd.OpenForm "frmViewDonor", , , "tblContributors.[ContributorID] =" & Forms!frmCamPledgeList!frmCamPledgeListSub.idContributorID - gives me a 438 error, object doesn't support this property or method; and DoCmd.OpenForm "frmViewDonor", , , "tblContributors.[ContributorID] =" & Forms!frmCamPledgeList!frmCamPledgeListSub.Form.idContributorID - gives me the filtered result on the first record and a blank form on all sub...

CRM Different Environments
How are defined the different environment for Microsoft CRM projects? I have a customer that wants 3 environments: Development, Pre-production and production. Do we need 3 full installations of CRM + Exchange + Database + ...? How is this usually done? Thanks, Manuel ...

How to release resources hold by Creating Rescue Recovery process
In Windows XP SPK3, on IBM Laptop T60. I followed the instructions to create the rescue/recovery CDs. At one point, there was a window screen telling me to wait while it was extracting needed files. So, I waited. After more than 10 minutes (I thought), the window screen went away, then NOTHING was shown to tell me what to do (I supposed to get the window screen to tell me using the CD drive and insert blank CD, ..., etc.). I waited another 20 minutes and still nothing was shown. So I REBOOTED the system and retried the procedure. This time, after I clicked "creating...