Problem about install SQL2000 over Win2003Ser SP2

Hi,

I am the newbie about SQL server.

I am facing a problem about install SQL2000 standard server over Windows2003
SP2 standard server.

While I clicked the setup.exe, it prompted me the following message:

SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below is not supported by this version of Windows.
Please apply sp3 after installation of SQL server 2000.

When I searched from the internet, it shows the result with SQL2000 sp3a and
SQL2000sp4. Those of them consist of 3 components

Which SP should I go to install its components?

In my working environment, it contains PC/ Server with NT4.0 Std Server,
Win98, WinME, Win2000 Std Server and Win2003 Std Server. They need to
connect with the SQL2000 via the in-house application program.

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3a
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=90dcd52c-0488-4e46-afbf-acace5369fa3

Database Components
Downloadable file name: SQL2KSP3.exe SP3a

Analysis Services Components
Downloadable file name: SQL2KASP3.exe SP3a

SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine(MSDE)
Downloadable file name: SQL2kdesksp3.exe SP3a

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8E2DFC8D-C20E-4446-99A9-B7F0213F8BC5&displaylang=en

Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)

Analysis Services Components (Download file:
SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)

SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) Components (Download file:
SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
PS: Instructions Important: SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is not supported
on Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98 platforms.

Thanks for your help first.

tlee

0
tlee

tlee
> Which SP should I go to install its components?
 SQL2000sp4
But permit me to ask you why would you want to install the product that is
already out of official support?

"tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am the newbie about SQL server.
>
> I am facing a problem about install SQL2000 standard server over
> Windows2003 SP2 standard server.
>
> While I clicked the setup.exe, it prompted me the following message:
>
> SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below is not supported by this version of Windows.
> Please apply sp3 after installation of SQL server 2000.
>
> When I searched from the internet, it shows the result with SQL2000 sp3a
> and SQL2000sp4. Those of them consist of 3 components
>
> Which SP should I go to install its components?
>
> In my working environment, it contains PC/ Server with NT4.0 Std Server,
> Win98, WinME, Win2000 Std Server and Win2003 Std Server. They need to
> connect with the SQL2000 via the in-house application program.
>

> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3a
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=90dcd52c-0488-4e46-afbf-acace5369fa3
>
> Database Components
> Downloadable file name: SQL2KSP3.exe SP3a
>
> Analysis Services Components
> Downloadable file name: SQL2KASP3.exe SP3a
>
> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine(MSDE)
> Downloadable file name: SQL2kdesksp3.exe SP3a
>

> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8E2DFC8D-C20E-4446-99A9-B7F0213F8BC5&displaylang=en
>
> Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>
> Analysis Services Components (Download file:
> SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>
> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) Components (Download file:
> SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
> PS: Instructions Important: SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is not
> supported on Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98
> platforms.
>
> Thanks for your help first.
>
> tlee

0
Uri
3/16/2010 6:47:36 AM
Hi Uri,

Since, I need to upgrade our sever from Win2000 to Win2003. And it is
required to re-install SQL2000 into the new Server 2003.

They are already licensed. Due to the new server, we have purchased Win2008
down grade version. Our boss is not willing to spend more to purchase SQL
latest version. Besides, the in-house application SW is based on SQL2000
also.

Thanks
tlee

> tlee
>> Which SP should I go to install its components?
> SQL2000sp4
> But permit me to ask you why would you want to install the product that is
> already out of official support?
>

> "tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am the newbie about SQL server.
>>
>> I am facing a problem about install SQL2000 standard server over
>> Windows2003 SP2 standard server.
>>
>> While I clicked the setup.exe, it prompted me the following message:
>>
>> SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below is not supported by this version of
>> Windows. Please apply sp3 after installation of SQL server 2000.
>>
>> When I searched from the internet, it shows the result with SQL2000 sp3a
>> and SQL2000sp4. Those of them consist of 3 components
>>
>> Which SP should I go to install its components?
>>
>> In my working environment, it contains PC/ Server with NT4.0 Std Server,
>> Win98, WinME, Win2000 Std Server and Win2003 Std Server. They need to
>> connect with the SQL2000 via the in-house application program.
>>

>> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3a
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=90dcd52c-0488-4e46-afbf-acace5369fa3
>>
>> Database Components
>> Downloadable file name: SQL2KSP3.exe SP3a
>>
>> Analysis Services Components
>> Downloadable file name: SQL2KASP3.exe SP3a
>>
>> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine(MSDE)
>> Downloadable file name: SQL2kdesksp3.exe SP3a
>>

>> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8E2DFC8D-C20E-4446-99A9-B7F0213F8BC5&displaylang=en
>>
>> Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>
>> Analysis Services Components (Download file:
>> SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>
>> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) Components (Download file:
>> SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>> PS: Instructions Important: SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is not
>> supported on Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98
>> platforms.
>>
>> Thanks for your help first.
>>
>> tlee

0
tlee
3/16/2010 7:08:33 AM
tlee
Your boss will probably spend more money if  SQL Server 2000 has some bug
that is fixed in the next version but affects your app.
> Besides, the in-house application SW is based on SQL2000 also.
Upgare is not so painfull as it seems to be

> Hi Uri,
>
> Since, I need to upgrade our sever from Win2000 to Win2003. And it is
> required to re-install SQL2000 into the new Server 2003.
>
> They are already licensed. Due to the new server, we have purchased
> Win2008 down grade version. Our boss is not willing to spend more to
> purchase SQL latest version. Besides, the in-house application SW is based
> on SQL2000 also.
>
> Thanks
> tlee
>

>> tlee
>>> Which SP should I go to install its components?
>> SQL2000sp4
>> But permit me to ask you why would you want to install the product that
>> is already out of official support?
>>

>> "tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am the newbie about SQL server.
>>>
>>> I am facing a problem about install SQL2000 standard server over
>>> Windows2003 SP2 standard server.
>>>
>>> While I clicked the setup.exe, it prompted me the following message:
>>>
>>> SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below is not supported by this version of
>>> Windows. Please apply sp3 after installation of SQL server 2000.
>>>
>>> When I searched from the internet, it shows the result with SQL2000 sp3a
>>> and SQL2000sp4. Those of them consist of 3 components
>>>
>>> Which SP should I go to install its components?
>>>
>>> In my working environment, it contains PC/ Server with NT4.0 Std Server,
>>> Win98, WinME, Win2000 Std Server and Win2003 Std Server. They need to
>>> connect with the SQL2000 via the in-house application program.
>>>

>>> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3a
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=90dcd52c-0488-4e46-afbf-acace5369fa3
>>>
>>> Database Components
>>> Downloadable file name: SQL2KSP3.exe SP3a
>>>
>>> Analysis Services Components
>>> Downloadable file name: SQL2KASP3.exe SP3a
>>>
>>> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine(MSDE)
>>> Downloadable file name: SQL2kdesksp3.exe SP3a
>>>

>>> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8E2DFC8D-C20E-4446-99A9-B7F0213F8BC5&displaylang=en
>>>
>>> Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>>
>>> Analysis Services Components (Download file:
>>> SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>>
>>> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) Components (Download file:
>>> SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>> PS: Instructions Important: SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is not
>>> supported on Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98
>>> platforms.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help first.
>>>
>>> tlee

0
Uri
3/16/2010 7:33:14 AM
Sorry miss reading your suggestion.

If update to SP4, is it properly connected from WinNT, Win98 and WinMe PCs ?

thanks

> Hi Uri,
>
> Since, I need to upgrade our sever from Win2000 to Win2003. And it is
> required to re-install SQL2000 into the new Server 2003.
>
> They are already licensed. Due to the new server, we have purchased
> Win2008 down grade version. Our boss is not willing to spend more to
> purchase SQL latest version. Besides, the in-house application SW is based
> on SQL2000 also.
>
> Thanks
> tlee
>

>> tlee
>>> Which SP should I go to install its components?
>> SQL2000sp4
>> But permit me to ask you why would you want to install the product that
>> is already out of official support?
>>

>> "tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am the newbie about SQL server.
>>>
>>> I am facing a problem about install SQL2000 standard server over
>>> Windows2003 SP2 standard server.
>>>
>>> While I clicked the setup.exe, it prompted me the following message:
>>>
>>> SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below is not supported by this version of
>>> Windows. Please apply sp3 after installation of SQL server 2000.
>>>
>>> When I searched from the internet, it shows the result with SQL2000 sp3a
>>> and SQL2000sp4. Those of them consist of 3 components
>>>
>>> Which SP should I go to install its components?
>>>
>>> In my working environment, it contains PC/ Server with NT4.0 Std Server,
>>> Win98, WinME, Win2000 Std Server and Win2003 Std Server. They need to
>>> connect with the SQL2000 via the in-house application program.
>>>

>>> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3a
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=90dcd52c-0488-4e46-afbf-acace5369fa3
>>>
>>> Database Components
>>> Downloadable file name: SQL2KSP3.exe SP3a
>>>
>>> Analysis Services Components
>>> Downloadable file name: SQL2KASP3.exe SP3a
>>>
>>> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine(MSDE)
>>> Downloadable file name: SQL2kdesksp3.exe SP3a
>>>

>>> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8E2DFC8D-C20E-4446-99A9-B7F0213F8BC5&displaylang=en
>>>
>>> Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>>
>>> Analysis Services Components (Download file:
>>> SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>>
>>> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) Components (Download file:
>>> SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>> PS: Instructions Important: SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is not
>>> supported on Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98
>>> platforms.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help first.
>>>
>>> tlee

0
tlee
3/16/2010 7:36:19 AM
Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
0
Daniel
3/16/2010 1:20:52 PM
tlee (tlee@nilmail.com) writes:
> Sorry miss reading your suggestion.
>
> If update to SP4, is it properly connected from WinNT, Win98 and WinMe PCs
> ?

Yes.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Erland
3/16/2010 9:26:44 PM
Hi Erland, Daniel,

Thanks for your kind replies.

tlee

> Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
0
tlee
3/17/2010 6:01:15 AM
it's my understanding that you probably need the package
SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE and if you are using Analysis Service, then you
also need the package SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE.  In case of doubt,
download both but probably that you would already knew it if you are also
using Analysis Service.

The other two packages are for the MSDE 2000 (MSDE is the free version of
SQL-Server 2000 and it's equivalent to the Express Edition of SQL-Server
2005 and 2008) and the Itanium version and quite probably, these two are not
what you need.

Finally, the notice about the lack of support for Windows NT 4.0, Windows
Millennium Edition and Windows 98 platforms is for when you have installed
MSDE-2000 or the Standalone version of SQL-Server 2000 on one of these
platforms and has nothing to do with the capability of these machines to
connect to an instance of SQL-Server 2000.  If the machines on your network
can already connect to the older installation of SQL-Server 2000, quite
probably that they will be able to do the same toward the new installation.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

"tlee" <tlee@nilmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am the newbie about SQL server.
>
> I am facing a problem about install SQL2000 standard server over
> Windows2003 SP2 standard server.
>
> While I clicked the setup.exe, it prompted me the following message:
>
> SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below is not supported by this version of Windows.
> Please apply sp3 after installation of SQL server 2000.
>
> When I searched from the internet, it shows the result with SQL2000 sp3a
> and SQL2000sp4. Those of them consist of 3 components
>
> Which SP should I go to install its components?
>
> In my working environment, it contains PC/ Server with NT4.0 Std Server,
> Win98, WinME, Win2000 Std Server and Win2003 Std Server. They need to
> connect with the SQL2000 via the in-house application program.
>

> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3a
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=90dcd52c-0488-4e46-afbf-acace5369fa3
>
> Database Components
> Downloadable file name: SQL2KSP3.exe SP3a
>
> Analysis Services Components
> Downloadable file name: SQL2KASP3.exe SP3a
>
> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine(MSDE)
> Downloadable file name: SQL2kdesksp3.exe SP3a
>

> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8E2DFC8D-C20E-4446-99A9-B7F0213F8BC5&displaylang=en
>
> Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>
> Analysis Services Components (Download file:
> SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>
> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) Components (Download file:
> SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
> PS: Instructions Important: SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is not
> supported on Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98
> platforms.
>
> Thanks for your help first.
>
> tlee

0
Sylvain
3/17/2010 6:11:47 AM
Hi Sylvain,

Thank you very much for your detail message !!!

tlee

> [...]
>>
>> Database Components
>> Downloadable file name: SQL2KSP3.exe SP3a
>>
>> Analysis Services Components
>> Downloadable file name: SQL2KASP3.exe SP3a
>>
>> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine(MSDE)
>> Downloadable file name: SQL2kdesksp3.exe SP3a
>>

>> Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8E2DFC8D-C20E-4446-99A9-B7F0213F8BC5&displaylang=en
>>
>> Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>
>> Analysis Services Components (Download file:
>> SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>>
>> SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) Components (Download file:
>> SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
>> PS: Instructions Important: SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is not
>> supported on Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98

0
tlee

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Embedded activex control and auto install
Hi, I've written an activex control which is to be used in any Office application. The user can modify and save/load the document hosting the control just fine. But how about if a user inserts my activex control in his document, and then emails the document to another user who doesn't have my activex control installed? What happens is that the office application pops up an alert saying that the control cannot be activated since it is not installed on the computer. What I would like is that the control autoinstalls (after a confirm) and the user doesn't have to do it manuall...

sync problems

Date problem

Installation Problem!!

Office 2007 - HELP

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

XBox 360 controller not installing
I just got an XBox 360 controller for the PC ("XBox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit") and the driver from http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/DownloadResult.aspx?category=Gaming&type=Gaming&name=JR9-00001&os=XP_SP2&lang=en but it's still not showing in the Game Controllers control panel, nor being recognized by my games. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers with no luck. I press the "X" button and the ring flashes green: Three fast, then 12 slow. Ports are OK, no other USB devices connected. Any...

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Upgrade to Exchange 2003 SP2 Frontend/Backend
Hi, We're about to upgrade from Exchange 2003 SP1 to Exchange 2003 SP2. We're running multiple Exchange Clusters on Backend servers, and have to load balancing Frontend Servers. Can we do the upgrade step by ste. By that I mean upgrading the 2 Frontend servers and 1 cluster at one time, and 2 of the other clusters the next day.. Or do we have to do the upgrade in one operation? One of the reasons for the upgrade is to support windows mobile 5 devices. Can we use the function with SP2 installed only on the Frontend servers? Users who are going to use the active sync feature hav ma...

Can NOT install on new Win 7 machine
This is a new one for me. But for 2 days I have been trying to get Windows Live Mail to install on a new Win 7 computer. I just keep getting weird error messages. I have installed this programs many times on many computers, and never had this happen before...I get errors like these: hr:0x80040005 another time I got hr:0x80070003 . I get something similar every time. I have tried using the Microsoft Installer Uninstall cleanup Utility I have turned OFF the firewall when installing I have tried selecting only the mail or other things...it doesn't seem to matter... HELP!!! T ...

Problem after sorting

EX2003 SP2 Install failed
Hello, I am trying to install SP2 on a OWA server running Exch 2003 and SP1. When I get to the Component Selection screeen I get a pop-up stating: Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because: - You cannot install this product on a computer running Windows Professional. SRVinfo displays: Server Name: OWAmail2 Security: Users Registered Owner: ELN Registered Organization: HOME Corp ProductID: 69712-XXX-6517171-XXXXX Original Install Date: Sat Aug 14 11:04:36 2004 Base Source Path: D:\I386 Service Pack Source Path: D:\ Version: 5.2 Build: 3790.srv03_gdr.05022...