Error during remote deleting records

Hello,

during deletions of huge amount of records from tables located on remote DB
server following error message is appear:

T0: TCP Provider: The semaphore timeout period has expired.

The DELETE command is executed directly on the SQL server, remotely is
called just stored procedure which is perform the deletion. The DELETE is
made in a batches of 10000 records.

Could you please help me with the problem?
Thank you very much for any response.

Best regards,
Richard

Hi
You mean that you run the procedure on remote machine to delete the rows ?

"Lukino" <Lukino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> during deletions of huge amount of records from tables located on remote
> DB
> server following error message is appear:
>
> T0: TCP Provider: The semaphore timeout period has expired.
>
> The DELETE command is executed directly on the SQL server, remotely is
> called just stored procedure which is perform the deletion. The DELETE is
> made in a batches of 10000 records.
>
> Could you please help me with the problem?
> Thank you very much for any response.
>
> Best regards,
> Richard

0
Uri
1/14/2010 12:39:34 PM
Hi Uri,
yes, we have online and offline DBs and job named housekeeping running on
offline DB. The job is moving data from online to offline DB, so when the
data are transfered to offline, it's being deleted from online. The job just
call stored procedure on offline DB which is deleting the rows from online
DB. Just execute the following command from offline DB:
EXEC @processed=OnlineServerName.OnlineDbName.dbo.StoredProcedure
SqlDeleteCommand;

The stored procedure on online DB simple execute the SqlDeleteCommand. We
have an experience that deleting of rows from online DB directly from offline
DB takes more time than remote call of stored procedure located on online DB
and perform delete directly on the online DB server.

Richard

"Uri Dimant" wrote:

> Hi
> You mean that you run the procedure on remote machine to delete the rows ?
>

> "Lukino" <Lukino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > during deletions of huge amount of records from tables located on remote
> > DB
> > server following error message is appear:
> >
> > T0: TCP Provider: The semaphore timeout period has expired.
> >
> > The DELETE command is executed directly on the SQL server, remotely is
> > called just stored procedure which is perform the deletion. The DELETE is
> > made in a batches of 10000 records.
> >
> > Could you please help me with the problem?
> > Thank you very much for any response.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Richard
> >

> .

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Deleting multiple graphics
We receive price lists from suppliers which have multiple graphics, how can I delete all graphics at once without selecting them one by one Thanks - Joao - MDS Hi Joao, Try: F5 | Special | Objects | OK Del --- Regards, Norman "Joao de Gois" <info@mdscomputers.co.za> wrote in message news:dlhe56$qtv$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > We receive price lists from suppliers which have multiple graphics, how > can I delete all graphics at once without selecting them one by one > > Thanks - Joao - MDS > ...

ERROR

How to carry over date value from one record to the next.
I have searched this site and the internet in search of an answer to this problem but none of the solutions I've found have seemed to help. I have a form that is used for data entry. The first two text boxes are called Supervisor and W/E Date. These two values will remain the same for several dozen entries. I have tried just using CTRL + ' to repeat the data but that is getting quite time consuming as well. How do I automatically carry over the value to the next record once I input the first data in? Any help on this would be much appreciated. -- Message posted via AccessMo...

error, chkdsk

How to Delete Rows
I have 'exported' my Yahoo address book. There does not appear to be a way to just export a portion of the address book. It gave me a CSV file which I am looking at with Excel 2003. Each row represents the data for each person in my address book. One of the columns, G, contains the name(s) of each address list that each person is in within the book. As a result column G may have anything from 1 to about 6 entries each seperated by a comma. One of the address lists I have in the book is called 'trips' . I want to be able delete any of those rows that do not contain the word ...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

deleting all my information
I wanna start from scratch. How do I delete or remove all my accounts, billing info, and anything at all pertaining to my old money accounts? I have money '05 just need to uninstall my information so that when I start it up, it doesn't have anything at all that is related to my info- basically out-of-the-box thanks In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I wanna start from scratch. How do I delete or remove all my accounts, >billing info, and anything at all pertaining to my old money accounts? > >I have money '05 > >just need to uninstall my information s...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

"Remotely" Change Cell Values
Hey gang - I've developed a deer population model (1 for each of 88 counties) to track herd size from 1981 to present. I start with an initial population estimate (in 3 male and 3 female age groups) in 1981 and each year add births and subtract known mortalities (aka harvest). I also make some estimates of non-harvest losses and nonreporting (people who harvest but do not report). Any how, if I've got all the parameters (birth rates, survival estimates...) right and I've done a good job of accounting for all mortality, I should be able to generate a fall population estimate e...

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

User experiencing sent items moving to deleted items
Hello, We have an Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 on XP client environment running in Cached Mode. We are experiencing very odd behavior on a user's mailbox. This user started to notice that his sent items were missing on a few days worth of sent mail. I verified in the Message Tracking Center that he in fact sent more emails than were showing in his sent items. After investigating this further, I found that they were going to his deleted items. I checked all his rules, and none of them corresponded to this behavior. There doesn't appear to be a particular p...

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

auto delete attachment
How I can write a rule or script that will automatically delete any email that has the attatchment name? I'm using windows xp and outlook 2003. Norton AntiVirus Deleted1.txt Thanks, Aaron Rules don't touch attachment names so your only other choice is writing a program to do this. Try posting in an Outlook programming forum - also see http://www.slipstick.com and http://www.outlookcode.com for some assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Aaron <kuy...