A way to set developer edition to behave like another edition

Hi all

Been awhile since i posted here but here goes.
Got my hands on SQL Server 2008 for awhile now and i am using developer
edition for work.

However, lately i have had the misfortune to use features in my work for a
client that is only available for enterprise edition while the client is
running a standard edition server. Haven't been a big issue but i am just
surprised that a edition feature isn't available in developer edition to
simulate different editions for developers.

Is there way to accomplish this or just for me to keep remembering the
differences?!?

Regards,
Rikard

> Is there way to accomplish this or just for me to keep remembering the
> differences?!?

I think you'll just need to trust your memory :-)

Otherwise, if you have an MSDN subscription, you can install other SQL
Server editions for non-production use under that EULA without additional
cost.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/

"Risun" <Risun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Been awhile since i posted here but here goes.
> Got my hands on SQL Server 2008 for awhile now and i am using developer
> edition for work.
>
> However, lately i have had the misfortune to use features in my work for a
> client that is only available for enterprise edition while the client is
> running a standard edition server. Haven't been a big issue but i am just
> surprised that a edition feature isn't available in developer edition to
> simulate different editions for developers.
>
> Is there way to accomplish this or just for me to keep remembering the
> differences?!?
>
> Regards,
> Rikard

0
Dan
6/7/2010 10:50:18 AM
Don't use the developer edition.
Use SQL Express - then you won't have the problem.

Geoff

"Risun" <Risun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi all
>
> Been awhile since i posted here but here goes.
> Got my hands on SQL Server 2008 for awhile now and i am using developer
> edition for work.
>
> However, lately i have had the misfortune to use features in my work for a
> client that is only available for enterprise edition while the client is
> running a standard edition server. Haven't been a big issue but i am just
> surprised that a edition feature isn't available in developer edition to
> simulate different editions for developers.
>
> Is there way to accomplish this or just for me to keep remembering the
> differences?!?
>
> Regards,
> Rikard

0
Geoff

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

outlook express font settings
Does anyone know how to set the font in Outlook Express. I've set it in Options/Accounts/Signatures. This works when I create a new mail message, but when I use the 'Reply To' button, the signature is in a different font and size (Times New Roman, 12 pt), though the message text is correct. It's not a big deal, but certainly frustrating. Please respond via email. Thanks. Dean ...

How to use AND with "WHERE" in OpenForm... like (idA=Me.idA) and (idB=Me.idB)
How do you specify two conditions in the where clause in a DoCmd.OpenForm instruction ?? So the "Where part of.... DoCmd.OpenForm "AltForm_A" would look something like, , , "[idA] AND [idB] = " & (Me.idA) AND (Me.SubForm_B.idB) ----- Below is my simple setup ---- showing what I'm trying to do. 1 - I have 2 tables...tblA and tblB 2 - While looking at... MainForm_A with SubForm_B 3 - Double click on a record in SubForm_B 4 - and open AltForm_A with AltSubForm_B - a form with a different view of the same data Thanks for any help with this. Mel MyEmai...

Like Operator in the Criteria in a Query
I have a database that will be looking at Work Requests numbers and if certain criteria is met, it will add either an A or B or C or D to the end of the Work Request #, What stipulates whether an A or B or C, etc. is added depends on how many Work Requests are found that have the number, then one that has the A, then one that has the B and so forth. I am trying to create a query that will look at a text box that has the Work Request number in it and counts the number of times that work request is in the table whether it have an A, B, C, D. or none but just the number. I am jusing thi...

XmlDocument and FileStream's with trailing contents after edit

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Big difference in performance
I wrote a class on which I perform unit-testing before integration in the main development line, the unit-testing and main dev being two separate projects. I wrote a routine which constructs a data structure in the class, which uses CArrays, vectors, and the nth_element routine from STL, with the routine being recursive. Now, in the unit-test project, the routine takes ~3-4 seconds to execute. In the main development code, it takes ~70 seconds to execute. This is measured for the routine itself (no setup or cleanup), same data as input, same computer, and both projects compiled for debug. ...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

There should be controls, edit lists, and approvals in BankRec
Without controls in the bank rec module I am forced to have a more senior person prepare all my reconciliations. Junior people can post transactions without approval and this significantly effects internal controls for the most liquid asset. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&qu...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

updating a worksheet from another worksheet
I have a workbook that contains worksheets for each Month and 1 worksheet called Combined Example : Worksheet names in workbook are: January February March Combined Each of the worksheets except the Combined worksheet contains the same column Titles Example January worksheet has columns A1 = NAME B1 = Telephone c1 = City D1 = State February worksheet has columns A1 = NAME B1 = Telephone c1 = City D1 = State March worksheet has columns A1 = NAME B1 = Telephone c1 = City D1 = State Combined worksheet has A1 = City B1 = Name What I am looking to do to the Combin...

dial up settings
I have a new PC (Windows XP home) and Office 2003. If I run Outlook and click "Send and Receive", a dial up connection is established and I receive email correctly. The dial up connection remains open, which is OK. If I then compose email and click "Send", it is sent correctly. However, if I do not have a dial up connection established when I compose email, when I click "Send" a pop-up box appears with an error message saying that there was a mail send error. I have to close this and click "Send and Receive" separately. Is this normal? I would have expe...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Urgent Please: Development Environment Convert to Access 2002/2003 a Property
Dear All, Windows XP w/SP2 Access 2002/2003 w/SP3 Can someone please help me to understand this Property of an OCX called SftTree I need to convert it and use in Access 2002/2003 in order to display the SftTree.Version Property SftTree.Version Property Softel vdm, Inc. Returns the product's exact version. Syntax Get VB.NET Text = object.Version As String VB Text = object.Version As String C#.NET string Text = object.Version; VC++ _bstr_t Text = object->Version; _bstr_t Text = object->GetVersion(); C HRESULT object->get_Version(BSTR* Text); Delphi Text := objec...

Copying Security Settings
Is there a way to copy Security Settings between users, in the same company, via a SQL script? We have several users who need similar rights and want to make sure that everyone has the same rights as their counterparts with minimal input, hence the SQL script. Although this would work, I would set up a user class with the general settings you want, then add users to the class. It copies the settings just like you are wanting to do with an SQL script. Steve >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to copy Security Settings between users, in >the same company, via a ...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

Eudora "like" stationery in Outlook?
I love the ability in Eudora to create "stationery" - actual letters, not signatures (Outlook refers to signatures as stationery but that isn't what I'm asking). I want to write a unlimited numbers of 'FORM" letters, and store them, and use them when I reply to emails that ask for the same info over and over again. In Eudora I have about a dozen of these form letters, but I'd like,with the new 2003 Outlook version to bringing everything over to Outlook so it's all in one place. But not if I can't store standard email responses. Hi Just a *bump* to...

I don't like the MDW file
can anyone think of any alternatives to use instead of the MDW file? In other wors, provide the same type of security in a dirfferent way, withouth using the MDW file? What sort of security are you looking for? Access User-Level Security, which is probably what you're talking about when you're saying MDW file, isn't that secure anyhow. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Anthony" <no_spam@please.com> wrote in message news:%23vuNXrYDHHA.4256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > can anyone think of any alternatives t...

How do I create a master set using my own design?
I don't like any of the selections for master sets. How do I design a master set using my own design? Open help, search for custom scheme. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lainee" <Lainee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6F3AC2D-107A-4709-BC37-CE91F58583B1@microsoft.com... >I don't like any of the selections for master sets. How do I design a master > set using my own design? ...

Is there a way
G'Day, Is there a way to turn off NDR's in Ex5.5 SP4 on an NT server running SP6a ? Also, can the ability for the server to receive TELNET connections be turned off? My server isn't an open relay, but, I know it's being used to SPAM using DNR's and I can see TELNET connections in the log files.... Thank You, Admin_In_Syd i know that u can turn off the ndrs to be sent from exchange at the standard poliy setting, thats how i configured it at exchange 2000 .... there must be also a setting at exch 5.5, actually i dont remeber it .... "Steve@Home" <sprob@...

Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&amp;2 Series DVD Set
Price:$65.00 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000PQKKQS Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000PQKKQS Rev 'em up fast and furious. Each of these tough, challenging, progressive workouts is an intense 15-minute muscle isolation superset targeting Abs, Back/Chest, Shoulders, Biceps/Triceps, Buns & Legs. Focus on a different key muscle group each day or through the course of each day. Within a week, you'll get a fun and memorable full body workout. Before you know it, you'll see and feel results. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Total Gym 1700 Clu...