VS2010

Hi exist in the VS2010 some support for report services?
thanx
marek
0
Marek

Marek,
It could be good, if you can describe your question in detail.
Are you looking for any help documents/tutorials to use SSRS in VS2010?

--
Regards,
KarthikShanth.

"Marek G." wrote:

> Hi exist in the VS2010 some support for report services?
> thanx
> marek
> .

HI I look to the project in the VS 2010 and there not find SSRS for sql
server ... I know that I must install sql server , but this version sql
install vs2008...

"KarthikShanth" <KarthikShanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Marek,
> It could be good, if you can describe your question in detail.
> Are you looking for any help documents/tutorials to use SSRS in VS2010?
>
> --
> Regards,
> KarthikShanth.
>

> "Marek G." wrote:
>
>> Hi exist in the VS2010 some support for report services?
>> thanx
>> marek
>> .

0
Marek
5/31/2010 9:25:31 PM
The report designer when installed does one of two things. If you have VS
2008 it integrates with that. If you do not have VS 2008 installed then it
installs a special version that is just for hosting the report designer. It
does not integrate with VS 2010. However, it will work side by side. So when
you install the report designer (BI tools? I forget what setup calls it)
then BIDS (the special version of VS 2008) will be installed.

--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services

"Marek G." <grolms@volny.cz> wrote in message
> HI I look to the project in the VS 2010 and there not find SSRS for sql
> server ... I know that I must install sql server , but this version sql
> install vs2008...
>
> "KarthikShanth" <KarthikShanth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Marek,
>> It could be good, if you can describe your question in detail.
>> Are you looking for any help documents/tutorials to use SSRS in VS2010?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> KarthikShanth.
>>

>> "Marek G." wrote:
>>
>>> Hi exist in the VS2010 some support for report services?
>>> thanx
>>> marek
>>> .

0
Bruce

Questions on migration from VS2005 to VS2010
Hi folks, As is the case every couple of years, I go through a nerve-wracking transition to a new development environment. The thing is, I've become really comfortable with VS2005, and our small team has a very simple and effective approach to development. I am nervous that VS2010 will negatively effect our productivity; but don't want to get too "far behind" toolset versions. So, that being said, I wanted to ask a few questions on what to expect when moving from VS2005 to VS2010 on an upcoming project. Your feedback is highly appreciated. Question...

VS2010
Just finished installed VS2010/PRO. What can I say - BUT WOW!! Absolutely incredible - Microsoft GREAT JOB!! There were were some things, like not being able to step thru some code, slow stepping, a new GUI editor to get use too, but overall - I LIKE!!!! No real compiling of anything, just created a few new C++ and C# projects, GUI and console. I will now try to recompile some VC6 code and also some already ported VS2005 projects. Unlike my VS2005 installation in the past, this time I said YES TO EVERYTHING to get the full expected experience. I will turn off things as I ...

MFC under VS2010
I am about to finally *commit* product porting and new development under VS20xx. Currently have VS2005 and successfully recompiled all our projects and MFC applications. 139 of 150 projects in total where moved over. But we never felt good to release it as an update. About VS2010, we definitely going to upgrade to it, and I heard it is the "new VC6 (VS98)" - that excited me. I am not like going to waste time downloading the RC and go thru any hassles installing it. Can people with VS2010 now tell me about about their experiences and reality? Such as: I didn&...

VS2010
Hi exist in the VS2010 some support for report services? thanx marek Marek, It could be good, if you can describe your question in detail. Are you looking for any help documents/tutorials to use SSRS in VS2010? -- Regards, KarthikShanth. "Marek G." wrote: > Hi exist in the VS2010 some support for report services? > thanx > marek > . > HI I look to the project in the VS 2010 and there not find SSRS for sql server ... I know that I must install sql server , but this version sql install vs2008... "KarthikShanth" <KarthikSha...

VS2010 help viewer
Those who don't particularly care for the VS2010 help system (that's a euphemism for "are intelligent enough to recognize a complete piece of garbage when it's shoved down their throats) may want to take a look at H3Viewer, at: http://mshcmigrate.helpmvp.com/viewer While it's certainly not (even close to) perfect, it's LOT better than what ships with VS 2010 (at least it has a table of contents, index, and bookmarks). -- Later, Jerry. Thanks Jerry. Jerry Coffin wrote: > Those who don't particularly care for the VS2010 help s...

VS2010
When I open a New Project, the Location, Solution, Solution Name, Browse Button, and Create Directory for Solution check box are missing. How do I get them back ? ...

VS2010 and HINSTANCES
I haven't checked it rigorously, but I'm getting the impression that AfxSetResourceHandle() used to be tolerant of getting a NULL HINSTANCE up to VS2008 and no longer is in 2010. It certainly has ASSERT(hInstResource != NULL); now. For a while I got things working by replacing my AfxSetResourceHandle( hInst ) by if( hInst ) AfxSetResourceHandle( hInst ); However, as my project expands, I find I am trying to pass an hInst which the system has cunningly initialised to 0xcccccccc; And it is happening in some very inconvenient call-backs. ...

CrystalReport in VS2010
Hi.. I have created a webform with a CR Viewer and a reportsource. i have included a report in my solution and importet some data into that report. A report preview works fine. When i look at designview in VS2010 it shows the report nice also. Debugging/Building the project results in am object reference to null error which points to the actual report. Ignoring that error presents a complete and correct report on the page... What can that be?? I have no fields in the report, that are not correctly bound to a database and no parameterfields or other fields that should be ...

VS2010 RC available
Just in case anyone is interested in taking a look. Available to msdn subscribers now and everyone else on the 10th. mick ...

CE60 integrates with VS2010 ?
I wonder, if CE60 integrates with VS2010. Or it is necessary to keep the VS2005 intallation, which is no compatible with windows 7 ? Edgar You need to keep VS 2005 if you want to create CE 6.0 images, NOT if you just want to do application development! Platform Builder for CE 6.0 == VS2005 Platform Builder for CE 7.0 == VS2008 Platform Builder for CE is always 1 generation behind unfortunately... If you just need to do application development for a CE 6.0 device you can use VS2008, but not VS2010 as unfortunately Smart Device development has been removed from the lates...

VS2010 Ultimate RTM x64?
Hi, I downloaded the Visual studio 2010 ultimate from the MSDN website for our 32 bit machines, (Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate (x86) - DVD (English)), but I don't seem to see an x64/ia64 version for the Win7 x64 ones. Am I missing something or is there not going to be an x64 version? I seem to recall the beta versions having x64 available, (but I could be mistaken). Of course I don't really care much either way. It will work just fine, but if there will be an x64 version available later I might as well wait a bit longer. Simon >I downloaded the Visual studio...

CommandText in RDLC file (VS2010)
I had a routine in VS2008 to get the commandtext sql command from RDLC files. (commandtext tag of the RDLC file read as xml stream) After installed VS2010 Beta 2 the routine does not work anymore. I saw now the sql commandtext says "/* Local Query */", not the real t-sql command. Is this configurable in VS2010 ? ...

VS2010
I can't edit and continue on the VS2010 Beta 2. I am targetting for x86, .NET 4.0 and have Edit and Continue ticked in Tools/Options/debug. Anything I'm missing? -Jerry Jerry Spence1 schrieb: > I can't edit and continue on the VS2010 Beta 2. > > I am targetting for x86, .NET 4.0 and have Edit and Continue ticked in > Tools/Options/debug. What type of project? Note that E&C is not available for ASP.NET projects, for example. -- M S Herfried K. Wagner M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/> V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps...

Slightly OT: VS2010 versions
Hi folks, Now that MS have released VS2010, I have started to wonder about the various versions and whether I could actually get away with using one of the Express versions. I�ve found one or two charts that show the differences between the Pro/Premium/Ultimate versions, but I�m not sure what�s missing in the Express versions. One thing I�m particularly interested in finding out is whether you can develop MVC applications in the Express version. I know that with Visual C# 2008 Express you couldn�t easily create an MVC application, but had to use Visual Web Developer 2008 Ex...

What are those vs2010 bars and where can I read about them?
VS2010 in my JavaScript code there are some green and some yellow vertical bars on the left of a couple of statements. I tried Help and Google but don't know how to ask the right question. What are those bars and where can I read about them? Thanks ...

Emacs emu mode for VS2010
Unfortunately MS has eliminated Emacs emulation from VS2010. (Not sure why, as many programmers don't like changing hand position to reach for cursor keys. And others need to program on multiple platforms, including Unix.) Are there any good plugins to restore Emacs key mapping? On 6/23/2010 8:25 AM, Eric wrote: > Unfortunately MS has eliminated Emacs emulation from VS2010. (Not sure > why, as many programmers don't like changing hand position to reach > for cursor keys. And others need to program on multiple platforms, > including Unix.) > > Are there ...

Rebuilding VS2010 MFC Static Libraries
I'd like to rebuild the MFC libraries that come with VS2010 (I need to tweak one define that will affect numerous lines of code... it's not something that can be subclassed). Is there documentation on how to do this or a project file? After installing VS2010, I searched for sln files and came up with 834 (maybe a dozen are mine...). Thanks! Steve Microsoft has stated that they have explicitly removed the ability to recompile the MFC libraries from 2010. What #define do you need to change? joe On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:26:19 -0700 (PDT), Steve Achelis <info@Rescu...

Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc?
I used VS2008 with frameword3.5. I want to install vs2010 beta2. Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc? -- Message posted via http://www.dotnetmonster.com Hello, According to http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2009/10/19/vs-2010-and-net-4-0-beta-2.aspx it is supported... -- Patrice "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : a0ae4fb15d388@uwe... > I used VS2008 with frameword3.5. > > I want to install vs2010 beta2. > > Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same p...

Excel 2007 + PIA + Win7 + VS2010 = yikes!?!?
Folks - I can't find the interop assemblies in the .NET section of VS when I Add a Reference. I've followed the popular posts on this issue (including reinstalling PIA, re-registering the interops) but no solution has worked itself out. please help! ...

VS2010 RC hogs VS2008 .sln files
In the past, clicking on an .SNL file generally spawned the version of VS that created it. And r-clicking would bring up several options, including "Visual Studio Version Selector", which essentiall did the same as above. After installing VS2010 RC on a machine that already had VS2008 Ultimate loaded, the VS Version Selector always opens VS2010, despite the original files having been built with VS2008. And simply clicking on one of the .SLN files (again, from VS2008) always brings up VS2010. There is no context menu (R-Click) for VS2008, even after specifically browsing t...

vs2010 debug web app network activity
F5 on a brand new , unmodifed web application in vs2010 takes +30 seconds to display the 1st page. During that time network activity is extreme , the router log shows an outgoing connection to 207.46.105.140 which is microsoft. Ctl-F5 has bo delay and no network activity. The status bar shows loading symbols messages - they appear to be all from the local hard drive but maybe those are local paths on a remote machine so I disabled source server support - no joy. Anyone know what is going on ? And how to stop it - this is annoying to say the least and a real waste of time. ...

Cannot compile a solution in VS2010 which references Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS.dll unless target is changed to .NET 4.0
Hi, I have upgraded a Visual Studio 2008 solution to VS 2010, but leaving the target Framework at 3.5. The application references Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS.dll which ships with SQL Server 2008 (I am using version 10.0.1600.22 of this DLL). If I try to compile the application I get the following compiler warning in the output window, followed by lots of errors as it cannot find the namespaces referenced in the source code: Warning 2 The primary reference "Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91, processorA...