The parameter '{0}' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: cookie.Domain

At random intervals, we experience an "The parameter '{0}' cannot be an
empty string. Parameter name: cookie.Domain" when attempting to view our
reports.   We are running SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services in integrated
mode (with MOSS 2007).  Our reports are deployed to a "Report Library" on
the same site as the pages that display our Reports.  Reports are displayed
using the Report Viewer Web Part (the one that comes with SSRS for MOSS add
in).  Each page has at most 4 reports being displayed at once.  Our default
zone is FBA (via Windows LiveID).  All reports are displayed from, and
deployed to, this zone.  There is a second "NTLM" zone that is accessible
via the same host header, but different port.  This hosting site is publicly
facing, but the area displaying reports only allows certain (FBA)
authenticated users access.

During troubleshooting, I setup an automated script that accesses my report
pages randomly.  It seems that I get the error about once every 5 minutes
(assuming constant and random page requests). This leads me to believe its
some sort of session timeout or report request limit.  I've checked all
report server config files and server settings and nothing is jumping out at
me.

I have found nothing out there that describes this issue or anything
remotely resembling it.  Any/All comments, suggestions, tips, links, etc are
appreciated!

-Brian

0
Brian

We have the same setup here with reports running in integrated mode, reports in a library, etc.  We experienced the same problem.

The solution was to make sure no cookies were being written to the response when rendering a report page.  We use the regular expression "^.*(Reserved\.ReportViewer(Control)|(WebPart))|(_vti_bin/Report(Server|Builder)).*" against the HttpContext.Current.Request.RawUrl string (in a custom HttpModule where our cookies are also being written) to determine if it is a report page.  If the regex matches, we don't write cookies to that response.

I hope that helps some.

Brian McCullough wrote:

The parameter '{0}' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: cookie.Domain
01-Feb-10

[...]

some sort of session timeout or report request limit.  I have checked all
report server config files and server settings and nothing is jumping out at
me.

I have found nothing out there that describes this issue or anything
remotely resembling it.  Any/All comments, suggestions, tips, links, etc are
appreciated!

-Brian

On Monday, February 01, 2010 10:10 PM
Brian McCullough wrote:

[...]

Adding WCF Service References
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a1647f10-9aa4-4b0c-bbd9-dfa51a9fab8e/adding-wcf-service-refere.aspx
0
Ben

using Query Based distribution groups between domains
I am trying to use query based DG's for passing world wide notificatons across domains. I have a global QBDG containing QBDG from our 3 child domains. When I am sendin an email to this DG the email only reach the recipients in the domain where the global dg is placed, none of the the recipients in the other child domains gets the email. When I do a preview on the global DG the child domain qbdg is visible so it looks as if it would work. Any ideas appreciated. Sounds like an issue with the expansion server. Have you considered setting the expansion server to try and work through t...

Can't resolve distinguished name of public folder in Outlook 2003
Has anyone had a problem with resolving a distinguished name of a public folder in Outlook 2003? We have a a form the needs to send something to a public folder but the form cannot resolve the distinguished name when using Outlook 2003. It does however work in 2000 and XP. Can't you just specify the full SMTP address of the mail-enabled folder? Lance wrote: > Has anyone had a problem with resolving a distinguished > name of a public folder in Outlook 2003? We have a a form > the needs to send something to a public folder but the > form cannot resolve the distinguished nam...

Crm 4 event log warnings. CRM Parameter Filter
Hi all, I am looking for a solution on the following issue. Any suggestions will be very welcomed! Thank you in advance. Background: We just upgraded MS Crm 3 to Crm 4 Question: Every time when a user tries to save an update of a record. A warning will be logged into Event Viewer --> Application. It happens to all entities. For example: 1. I am doing some updates on the contact form http://localhost:5555/CAMELOT-DEV/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={488FF696-4F8C-DE11-AC94-00505698306E}# 2. Click save 3. I will find a warning message in Event Viewer --> Application Exception information: ...

Really need help
I need to create a job/sales tracking sheet. 4 employees how do I set it up to track : Job #, Date, Customer, Price, Employee, Reg Hrs., Ot Hrs. I have the basics figured out, but need some help to be able to tune up info to seperate info for individual employees. I have attached a copy of what i have so far Mike ...

searching in a text file with a specified string and deleting the string(URGENT)
Hi I have 2 text file which is having its content as follows... ---------------------text file 1----------------------------- atlanta moris hangaroo -------------------- -----------upto random number of lines ------------------end of text file 1------------------------ ---------------------text file 2----------------------------- www.abc.com www.sea.com www.random.com -------------------- -----------upto random number of lines ------------------end of text file 2------------------------ Now my requirement is that -> User will input a string value which may or may not exist in ...

delete 0 values
Hi I am trying to delete cells with 0 values, even though i type in $0.00 in find, it finds nothing. i get the message find under values not formulas, but there is no option for this in the find options. thanks tim If you ask find to look for $0.00, then it will search for the text string "$0.00". If you want to find numeric zeros (regardless of format), then just type 0 in find. If that fails to find any, then I suspect that the values you see as zero are not exactly zero (try formatting in scientific notation). You can use the ROUND() function to force the results of ...

Enterprise Fax Solutions For CRM 4.0
Hi, I'm look at options for choosing a fax solution for a large CRM 4.0 rolloout. Does anyone have any recommendations? The email -> fax internet gateways look like the least problematic from an integration perspective. Would be interested in peoples perspective. les greenhalgh yes email option is best, but there are other solutions as well. I have a solution with crm and right fax, using shared folder of right fax. U can create custom worflow adn access the shared folder of fax server. "ljg701" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm look at options for ...

Count if between date parameters
I need create a formula that show how many patients were available to be seen on each day of the month. I would like to make the cut-off for changes of dates as 3pm, meaning that one day is from 3pm - 3pm the next day. e.g. - 12/30/09 available patients would be all those there from 3:01pm on 12/29/09 to 3:00pm on 12/30/09. If they're available for the full day count them only. Using this logic with the data below on 12/30/09 only 2 patients were available to be seen. Name Request DT Res DT P1 12/27/2009 1:26 12/31/2009 16:28 P2 12/27/2009 12:00 12/30/2009 7:20 P3 ...

Query Parameter
I want to supply a parameter to a query to define the from date and to date and retrieve data falling under this from and to date. but, i do not want it to be prompted, as the same criteria is to be used in more than one table. so, i want to store the from date and o date in a temp table and related this to the date field in different tables. thanks You could create a table (tblDateRange) with 2 date fields (datStart and datEnd) and only one record. Then add tblDateRange to your query and don't join it. Set the criteria under your date field to: Between [datStart] and [datEnd] ...

CRM 3.0 - Workflow
Hello, I would like to create a task x days before the opportunity estimated close date, using a workflow rule. Do someone know how we can do it ? Perhaps with the new function in CRM 3.0 "substract date and time" but I don't understand how to use it. Thanks for your help. WTCSO There is a "wait for timer" condition to do this. You choose this condition, and then you can set the amount of time to wait, before/after/from now on, and an entity field to check for. In your case you choose 1 day, before, Est.Close Date field. Be sure to check the "reevaluat...

optional method parameter in MFC ActiveX
How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:%23HK$bCR4DHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? > > Kurt Depends, (1) do you mean when you create an activex control yourself, and you wish to make a parameter optional? Or (2) do you want to pass an optional argument to a method of the ActiveX control? Solution (1) : Make it a variant parameter. If the variant is of type VT_ERROR and the value is DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOU...

Excel Variable Save Name problem
I have written a program for work that is basically a daily cash u spreadsheet, however I would like to save each days report as a backup Ideally I would like to save the worksheet as that days date by us of a command button/macro to reduce the chance of user erro( ie savin under wrong name) The date is on the worksheet, but I can't figure ou a way to use a range as a save name. I would really appreciate some help with this problem. Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lippa73 One way to save a copy in C:\ with a date/time stamp Sub test() Dim strdate As ...

Runnign MS CRM 3.0 Workflow services in a Cluster
Hi We are having 2 CRM Web server in a Cluster, pointing to single DB server. These servers are NLB. Currently we are running Workflow services only from one server. We wanted to run this service from both CRM web servers. Is there any known Issues with running workflow service from multiple servers. As I understand every workflow instance is tied up with CRM web server from where it is gets triggered and such workflow instance can only be executed from that web server. Any information in this case is appreciated Thanks Mak ...

Too few parameters?
Hello All I have SELECT statement that I have built using the SQL view of a query. The SELECT statement contains WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY parameters. All has been working fine, until today when I have needed to add an extra criteria to the HAVING part: This worked: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].name)=" & Chr(34) & [Forms]![staffs subform new]![employee] & Chr(34) & "))" but this does not: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].entered) =" & Chr(34) & [forms]![staffs subform new]![child813]![entered] & Chr(34) & ")...

Can the 8.0 client be used to access a 7.5 environment.
I was wondering if there is any backward compatibility built into the 8.0 client to allow it to access a Great Plains 7.5 database. Nope -- Charles Allen, MVP "chrokee" wrote: > I was wondering if there is any backward compatibility built into the 8.0 > client to allow it to access a Great Plains 7.5 database. Why? -- Charles Allen, MVP "chrokee" wrote: > I was wondering if there is any backward compatibility built into the 8.0 > client to allow it to access a Great Plains 7.5 database. And don't try it unless it's in a development enviro...

After KB915597 Definition 1.75.377.0, Outlook 2003 Doesn't Work
We downloaded Windows Defender KB915597 Definition 1.75.377.0 today. Ever since, Outlook 2003 malfunctions. The first problem was that we could neither send nor receive email, so we attempted to repair Office 2003. Now, not only can we still not receive, but we cannot search our Outlook folders! Do we need to uninstall that update, or is something else wrong? Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender support and comments. This is not one of them. See http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/newsgroups/default.mspx Outlook-specific n...

MSN Parameters
I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. I had to install a new hard drive and reinstall my software. What are the parameters to access my e-mail at msn? POP3, HTTP, etc. If POP3 what are the parameters for outgoing and incoming e-mail? Thanks. JustAsking JustAsking wrote: And you are using WHICH version of Outlook? > I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. That doesn't make clear whether you have a classic MSN Hotmail account or a new Windows Live Hotmail account. You sure you didn't get converted to a Windows Live Hotmail account? For HOW LONG have you had the ...

Printing a Report with Parameters
When printing a report with Parameters. The report will come up on the screen after you enter the parameter. When you then print the report it asks for the parameter again. After we click finish, the following error appears on the screen 'Information is needed before this report can be processed (On Cache Page/Server EIACRM.pgsvr) The report will not print. what server os is your crm web running and also what is your domain controller(s) running? also its possible you have embedded the servername in the report. open the report in crystal designer and go to database-verify dat...

WMS ST Notification Window 000014F4 0...
Windows can NOT go on standby because MSoffice documents or application components are being accessed from the network. "You must close the open documents or applications before going on standby" - DOS NOT WORK. Have to shut down computer completely - Getting message WMS ST Notif Windows 000014F4 0... This problem applies to Excel, Word, Outlook... Widows XP / Office 2000 ...

How can I prevent printing if a cell is empty? #2
Thanks, alot!! I have been searching for a way to do that for 2 weeks. Ro -- Ron ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RonC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1495 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26587 ...

Taking multiple parameters
I am running a query inside my macro that creates a worksheet full of some info. I want users to be able to take the results of one macro, and use it as arguments for another macro. So lets say I run 1 macro, I get 2 user ids as a result, say: 1, 2 Now I want to use these user ids as input parameters. Keep in mind these input parameters might vary. So how do I supply these as parameters to another macro? Pass the calculated or retreived values as parameters to the second macro: Sub Macro1() IDValue1 = "ID 123" IDValue2 = "ID 456" Macro2 IDValue1, IDValue2 End Sub Sub M...

CE 5.0 release build hangs during boot
Following a system crash, I've had to do a fresh install of Platform Builder 5.0. I've installed all the available updates and reinstalled our board's BSP. The problem I'm having is that release builds usually now hang during the boot process. Debug builds seem to boot fine. This happens on existing platforms that previously booted and on new platforms. I've captured the serial output stream during an unsuccessful boot: SysInit: GDTBase=809680e8 IDTBase=80989860 KData=80991800 Windows CE Kernel for i486 Built on Aug 4 2008 at 18:37:02 g_pPageDir = 80994000 ...

string -> number
Please: How can I change a string into a number? From a data base I have -2,438E-04 (cientific notation) I want Excel takes it like a number. (Excel takes it as a string!!) Than you very muc -- kaokao ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kaokao1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54978 Enter this formula in a blank cell somewhere: =VALUE(A1) assuming the data is in A1. If you have a lot of these in column A, you can copy the formu...

"... attempting to retrieve data from a different domain ..."
Hi there, one of my users was able to edit a web part in datasheet , but now she gets the error message: "The Access Web Datasheet is attempting to retrieve data from a different domain." etc. I, as a site admin, can edit data in that web part. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Not have Reminders pop up in GP 9.0.
Be able to choose to have or not have Reminders automatically pop up after log in to Dynamics-GP 9.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8026ce68-dc33-4a2b-97d...