Subreport Information Prints on Separate Page

I’ve written a report that has one sub report within it.  When I preview the
report in Visual Studio 2005 or run the report through CRM 4.0 everything
appears like it should on the screen (it appears on a single page).

Now, when I print the report after running it through CRM it prints out on
two pages.  The first page contains all of the main report data, and the
second page shows only the information from the sub-report.

What I would like to happen is for it to print out like the preview shows,
all on one page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

You should try exporting it to PDF and see what that looks like.  If you
have that subreport in a grouping you might want to make sure you use the
Keep Together property for that group and may even turn off the subreports
keep together property and if the subreport is not in a table then just try
turning off its keep together function, but what I have been irritated with
in subreports is my own fault but alot of time I will have the subreport
page a little bigger that the main report page.  You might also check you
subreport margins, make them 0 on all sides and then make sure the subreport
is smaller than the main report.  ALso, any whitespace you leave in your
subreport below a table of whatever you are using, gets incorporated into
the main report.

Regards,
Ben
"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've written a report that has one sub report within it.  When I preview
> the
> report in Visual Studio 2005 or run the report through CRM 4.0 everything
> appears like it should on the screen (it appears on a single page).
>
> Now, when I print the report after running it through CRM it prints out on
> two pages.  The first page contains all of the main report data, and the
> second page shows only the information from the sub-report.
>
> What I would like to happen is for it to print out like the preview shows,
> all on one page.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Tim

0
Ben

Total from SubReport Data But Not in SubReport
Hello, This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on the subreport. The price field is called Expr5. I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken the time ...

How to insert or print "days left in the year" on a calendar
Where do I find the option to insert in each day of a calendar the number of days left in the year, in MS Publisher Calendar's? Thanks This isn't an option in Publisher. There are Countdown Calendars, for example http://www.ssinet.com/about/staff/drr02.asp -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Rev" <Rev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1064AF88-7BFC-4690-8A89-9CDA2DC22029@microsoft.com... > Where do I find the option to insert in each day of a calendar the number of > days left in the year, in MS Publisher Calendar's? Thanks ...

Font Printing
Having the worst time finding out how one can print all the font types loaded into my computer without going to the window pulldown and doing each one individualy. All I would like is a couple of pages that show what fonts I can choose from and then pick that one for printing in my document. Can any one assist? -- JLM FontLister-Conquerware: http://www.theill.com/fl/ ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:40:02 -0800, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Jamie L Maurer <JamieLMaurer@discussio...

Page break before subreport if subreport has data
How can I create a page break before the subreport if and only if the subreport has data? Some records will have no data in the subreport, and I don't want an unnecessary page break in those instances. Thank you, Kathy Add a page break control and some code like: Me.PgBrkName.Visible = Me.subrptName.Report.HasData -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Kathy Webster" wrote: > How can I create a page break before the subreport if and only if the > subreport has data? > Some records will have no data in the subreport, and I don't want an > unnecessary pag...

MS Money - Organizing Important Records
I am trying to organize our records so that we can share the information with our children. I like the idea of storig them using MS Money 2006 Delux under Home Inventory. However, I can not figure out how to print the information once I have entered it into Money. What am I missing? Probably nothing. There are lots of nooks and crannies in Money where it's a whole lot easier to put in data than to get it out. "TomS64" <TomS64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A698A5C-9DF4-4CB3-8A02-4F51AE96CE65@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organize our records...

Question about printing
For some reason my printer prints three copies of everything in a specific Excel spreadsheet. I reduce the number in the print screen to one, but if I close and reopen the file it returns to three. How can I set up one copy as the default? OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too. But for future reference this is an Access Forum. Anyway, Go To Start | Printers and Faxes. Right click the printer that you are using go to Properties. In the General Tab Click on Printing Preferences. Then click on Advanced. There's an option that says Copy Count. Make sure that&#...

group sections in a report to print or generate subreport
Hello all, Is it possible to generate a report (or a subreport) that will allow a separate report for each server (for grouping and printing purposes) if I have many server names (with DB, Apps, etc.) in one huge report. Maybe using a button on the large, main report (with all server names) to print the server name on the current page along with the server's information? Or instead of printing maybe there could be another button that could generate a subreport of that current page's server and it's information? My question is: After generating a report, how does one go about gr...

Outlook 2000 don't print HTML-Email
Hello, We are having problems printing html email messages with Outlook 2000. Plain and rich text messages print correctly. On PCs with Windows 98, when we print html email messages it will only print the message header and I believe any footer information on the printed page. Best regards "B�lent" <buelent@mynet.com> wrote: > We are having problems printing html email messages with Outlook 2000. > Plain and rich text messages print correctly. On PCs with Windows 98, > when we print html email messages it will only print the message > header and I believe any fo...

Bill of Materials Components Printing on SOP Invoice with Serial N
Does anyone know how to print BOM components on an SOP Order/Invoice and also print the Serial Numbers for the Inventory Item and BOM components? I found a TechKnowledge article that addresses printing the BOM components, however, it requires the removal of the serial numbers. Thanks and Happy Holidays, JAZ Well, keep in mind that the Bill of Materials is a list of how the item SHOULD be built, not how it actually was built. That said, the actual list of components (and the serial numbers) would be found in the assembly or manufacturing order history tables. Are you using the Inven...

Print Order Excel XP
I have a workbook that has some 50 Sheets. When I want to print the workbook, I would like to be able to define the order in which the worksheets print, is that Possible? Sub test() Sheets(Array("Sheet3", "Sheet1")).PrintOut End Sub With code you can do this -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Harold" <hrskinn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ekt25qCiDHA.3104@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a workbook that has some 50 Sheets. > > When I want to print the workbook, I would like to be able to define t...

Reports and SubReports Spacing
I have an AC2003 report. That main report (Main) has 4 subreport controls on it (Sub1-4). Each of the reports associated with the subreport controls may or may not have data in the corresponding table to report on. The Main report has the following layout: Main - Sub1 - Sub 2 - Sub 3 - Sub 4 When Main runs, if one of the subreports is blank, the area for that subreport is blank (expected), but if any of the subsequent subreports do have data, those subreports display in their position. In the following example, subreport 2 has no data Example ...

Extra Blank Pages In Preview
Getting blank pages in preview box after work even tho nothing is in there. Any one got any ideas please thank you Smooth, sounds like excel thinks you have data even after you delete it, have a look here for ways to reset the last cell http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Smooth" <Smooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E07E6B-D1FC-4C14...

Printing Excel object in Publisher
Why does it print row and column headers? On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:52:17 -0800, "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why does it print row and column headers? Perhaps because someone doesn't SELECT what is to be printed? Blessed be, for sure... ...

Print preview w/o doc/view architecture
Hi all, I have a project where the main interface is a dialog of property pages. I want to be able to produce a print preview from a button click where the preview contains printed output that is not on the dialog. More specifically, I have a chart on the page but the data that produces the chart is not on the page. The printout contains the chart and the data. I can print the reports just fine but I am having trouble getting the print preview to work. I have tried to implement the PrinterJob class as described by Kah Hoe on CodeProject but it does not work correctly. The example proj...

Notes field on front page of contacts
I wish to print on a report to review. When I print the report using the Autopreview (View by company) option I dont get all the notes out on the report. Some contacts have more than others but mostly it get cut off. Has any one got any clues of how to print all notes regardless of the length of the notes. ...

Where is my information store?
-- An Avvid Student Generally the database and streaming file are located in C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA. If they are not there, open Exchange System Manager and drill down to your server until you see mailbox store. Right-click on the mailbox store and select Properties. Look at the Databases tab (you may have to left click in the box and scroll to the right to see the complete entry). Alternately, you can search your hard drive for *.edb and *.stm. Bob -- Bob Christian II http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog "ola_atb" <olaatb@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

payee information
Is there a way to customize a report so that you can pull all payee information (ie address, number, comments, etc.)? ...

Trouble with Print Area
?I am having a problem with Print Area. I highlight the area I want to print at the top of the Excel sheet and then I add another area further down the sheet. The problem is that the area I had down the sheet has a different page break and therefore the sheet won't print out as I would like it to do. Can anyone help? Nick Hi Nick, Do you mean you are assigning multiple print area ranges (for example, rows 1-5 and rows 12-20)? And suppose you have a page break inserted between rows 15 and 16, then your page will break there, even if all the rows would normally fit on one page? Do...

positioning a subreport
hello I have a subreport in my main report's Page Footer. The subreport shows a single column with from 1 to 5 rows. The subreport has a solid hairline border that can grow. I want the bottom of this border to always be 0.5" above the bottom of the main report's page. (When there are more rows, I want the subreport to grow UP, not DOWN). Can this be done? Thanks --- cinnie cinnie wrote: >I have a subreport in my main report's Page Footer. The subreport shows a >single column with from 1 to 5 rows. The subreport has a solid hairline >borde...

Can we turn the printing of audit reports off?
I am new to Great Plains, but it seems everytime we do somthing in the program, it wants to print an audit trail report. With the amount of paper this program is wanting to print off I am going to have the tree protesters knocking on my door soon! Can this be turned off? Go to tools --> setup --> posting --> posting and clear the print box for any reports you don't want for each transaction type. "jeremy" wrote: > I am new to Great Plains, but it seems everytime we do somthing in the > program, it wants to print an audit trail report. With the amount...

Excel 2003 & cutting/pasting text from web pages
When I cut text from a web page, Excel then tries to connect again to that web page to setup some sort of auto-update option. This is very annoying, especially if all I want to do is copy & paste the text/numerical contents from an (https) web page onto a sheet - I can see this since the desktop firewall I'm using (Sygate) keeps complaining about Excel attempting to connect to the web..... * How do I disable that feature - the copy operation should be over & done with after Ctrl+C THIS Feature is not a "productivity" enhancement... Steve You should copy, pa...

HELP! can't print mail labels from excel doc.
I know nothing about excel or mail merge wizard. I get names and addresses e-mailed to me each day for my business. I do know you can manipulate cells somehow but I have no idea how. I followed the instructions from another post (Print labels by using excel data in a WORD mail merge), but I hit a snag towards the end of the process every time. I'm sure the answer is very elementary. blue "Snag" is not too descriptive. Many of us use Word with Excel as data source for creating mailing labels and mail merges etc. quite regularly. There are certain formatting rules that m...

Exchng 5.5 Administrator -- DL information
In preparation for an upgrade from 5.5. to 2003, we've printed out all details available for the distribution lists (date created, last modified, etc.) through Exchange administrator. The piece of data that's not available for printing is the list owner name. Is there a way to extract that information from Administrator -- maybe using a custom attribute field? If not, i will need to go through each of the 800+ list names and write down the owner name. Thanks, Beth You can use Header.exe to create a custom Export file. Header.exe includes the Owner attribute. You can...

Combining two rows of information.....
My main purpose is to sort items wihich are used the most often. Right now , hoewever, usage for from. Right now, some items even though they are in the same location(what we're worried about) , are in sepearate rows in this Excel spreadsheet due to the fact that sometimes they're used as an entire box or just as single items. We're not worried about that, what we're worried about is how many tmimes a worker needs to go to this location. Therefore, the two sometimes three rows that have the same location, I'd like to combine. their usage numbers. What would be the best...

Printing attachment names
When I print either a plain text or a rich text message that has an attachment, the name of the attachment (and an icon) are included in the output. But when I print an HTML messsage, there is no indication that there was an attachment. Do you know any way to force Outlook to include the attachment name(s) when printing an HTML message? Environment is Outlook XP, Windows 2000 Pro, Exchange 5.5 On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:53:42 -0700, "Tim Schaldach" <tschaldach@trigon-epc.com> wrote: >When I print either a plain text or a rich text message >that has an attachment, ...