SSRS Advance Services and passing parameters via <form>

I'm new to SSRS.  I'm using SQL Server Express with Advanced Services,
and I have a report working.  The report has a Parameter defined as
"ReportDate".  In the report design, I have a subheading expression
that goes like this:

="For " & Parameters!ReportDate.Value

I'm trying to invoke the report from an ASP.net MVC app like this:

    <form id="frmReader" action="
http://localhost:8080/Reports_SQLEXPRESS/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fReports%2fDonorAccountHistory
"
          method="post" target="_blank">
          <input type="hidden" name="ReportDate" value="11/06/2009" />
          <input type="submit" value="Run Report" />
    </form>

The report runs just fine, but I never see the ReportDate value
getting passed in and shown.  I'd appreciate any help, or references
to good tutorials on passing parameters inside a <form tag> (vs. in a
URL as a GET).
0
dale

This issue here is your URL. There are two websites for the URL. Reports is
the portal. That is why no parameters are being passed. If you go to books
online you will see lots of examples on the using URL Integration but here
is an example to get you going.

0
Bruce

Word page templates in SSRS, and creating a summary page in SSRS
Hi, I will design a SSRS report that is supposed to be dynamic pages, meaning that some pages should be displayed and some not. I was thinking in creating few template pages, and based on the configuration, provided by the database, use the appropriate page templates for each pages, seeding the information according to the provided data. Question 1: How to create page templates in SSRS, choosing the template to be used on each rendered page? Question 2: How to create an Summary (index) dynamically (rendering a word document) in SSRS? Thanks, Rob ...

Value in Combox populates other fields in form
Hello, I have a form that has an unbound combobox (Company) that looks up company names in a table. Depending on the value of Company, it will automatically update other fields on the form: Address, Phone Number, State, etc. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! MN In After Update event for combo box you insert the code to test for the selected value and then set the other field values. E.g. Select Case Me!MyCombo Case "Microsoft" Me!SearchEngine = "Bing" Case "Google" Me!SearchEngine = "Google" ... End ...

how to get statistical parameters using excel 97?
Dear friends, I am sorry to ask this question, how to get statistical parameters like median, standard deviation and get the histogram graph? Many thanks. regards. tony Look for MEDIAN and STDEV in XL Help for those functions. Look at Jon Peltier's site for help with histogram charts: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html In article <3dc4659.0310130729.6c1ed6c5@posting.google.com>, tony_lincoln@yahoo.com (tony lincoln) wrote: > Dear friends, > > I am sorry to ask this question, how to get statistical parameters > like median, stan...

Advanced payment in PA.
Hi, Anyone knows how can I enter an advanced payment for customer before begining a project? In our country this kind of project is tipical.. When company and customer are agree, customer give an advaced payment like first payment and this payment is invoiced (this is a legal requirement) an when project is finished, customer pay only the difference: Total Project - Advanced Payment. This is another invoice. This is possible using PA?? How can do that?? Thanks. Yes, you can create a Fee Type = Retainer. Add it to the Project with the correct value. Bill it and collect it even though ...

Extra W-2 form will all zeroes
What would cause a second W-2 form to print for an employee? This extra W-2 prints the Company name, address and EIN and the employee's name, address and social security number. All the other boxes are either blank or zeroes. Do we need to delete a record somewhere? I'm surprised a W-2 would actually print if everything is zero. Does this record show up on the payroll validation report? Does this employee exist under more than one Employee ID? "Elaine" wrote: > What would cause a second W-2 form to print for an employee? > > This ext...

Adding .FDM form to public folders on server
I was wondering if some one could please shed some light on this issue. I have a Request form that I would like posted under the public folders so employees with security rights can access through outlook and fill out. Anyone formiliar with this please let me know. Thanks JA you can publish a form via Outlook to the Organizational Forms Library Tools/Forms/Publish.... On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:40:52 -0700, "Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering if some one could please shed some light >on this issue. I have a Request form that I woul...

SSRS Wizard
I am trying to run the SSRS Wizard on Windows Server 2008 R2 w/ SQL 2008. The Wizard functions normally until I click the Finish button at which point it displays the following error: "A configuration file cannot be created for the requested Configuration object." Some Google searches have indicated that it's a .NET permissions issue. It sounds to me like a permisisons issue on the web folders. I have checked permisisons on the physical data folders containing the SSRS web objects and verified that admins have full control and the Users have Read & modify a...

Routing for Internet Mail Service
I am migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. In Ex5.5, for the Internet Mail Service, there is a tab called "Routing" and I have it set to: Reroute incoming SMTP mail (required for POP3/IMAP4 support) Sent to: Route to: mydomain.com <inbound> mydomain.net mydomain.com mydomainvariation.com mydomain.com mydomainvariation.net mydomain.com How can I accomplish the same in Exchange 2003? I looked on Google. Someone has suggested making changes to the Address Space in the "Internet Mail SMTP Connector" on the Ex2003 ...

Generate order from service activity 09-19-06
hi Could someone please throw some light on how an order can be generated from a service activity instead of products and whether or not this is possible. thanks in advance. I would like to hear about this as well. Does anyone know of any add-ons that provide the means to generate orders/invoices from service appointments? "Ridhima Sood" <RidhimaSood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42FB10D4-A270-4D13-8A70-6C689BEA1B59@microsoft.com... > hi > > Could someone please throw some light on how an order can be generated > from > a service acti...

OnLoad script takes 20 seconds via mobile broadband connection
I’m experiencing the following problem. My customer has CRM 3.0 (V3C) and is connecting with the CRM server via a mobile (Vodafone) broadband connection when they are outside the office. Connection with the internet is established (without any problems), a Citrix Secure Access connection (SSL VPN) is made with the office (without any problems), CRM 3.0 is accessible with IE, CRM starts (without any problems). The default view ‘My Active Accounts’ is visible in 1 or 2 seconds (no problem). When an account is selected the account form is visible and it takes 20 seconds to load the Accounts...

I want my subform to stay in the Form view.
How do I keep my subform from reverting back to Datasheet view after exiting? I want the users to see Form view only at all times. Nicole Read as Jacky wrote (sorry for mistyping reference)... Maurice "Jackie L" wrote: > Nicole, > On your form Properties, Default View, you should have either Single Form or > Continuous Forms (not Datasheet). > > Hope this helps. > Jackie > > "Nicole" wrote: > > > How do I keep my subform from reverting back to Datasheet view after exiting? > > I want the users to see Form view only at all ...

No Mail Transport Service in the Mail Profile
We've tried new Email profiles and were still getting this error message when we reconfigure the SBS account. Outlook 2000 client with Nortons anti virus. We've tried everything in the knowledge based article Q197417. Thanks in advance. No Mail Transport Service in the Mail Profile Sean Stevens <support@monaghan.com.au> wrote: > We've tried new Email profiles and were still getting this error > message when we reconfigure the SBS account. Outlook 2000 client > with Nortons anti virus. We've tried everything in the knowledge > based article Q197417...

Call form from text field and populate combo box.
Access 2000, Win XP SP2 I have two forms. Form 1 contains a combo box that performs a lookup function and displays associated data based on a query from a table. The form is bound to the query; the combo box is unbound. Form 2 contains a bound text box (txtDedCode). I want to create a command button that will capture what's currently displayed in the text box, open Form 1, and populate the combo box in Form 1 with the data from Form 2's text box. In other words, I want Form 1 to be callable from Form 2 based on the text box contents. How would I do that? Never mind, I fig...

Dr. Watson on IMC Service
I've been trying to create a procedure for disaster recovery for Exchange 5.5 on a virtual environment. I have installed exchange with internet mail service and created mailboxes and tested. Using our backup software, I backed up online the exchange databases. I shutdown the server and removed it from the domain. I created a new Exchange server with the same NT4 OS and the same configs, IP, name and install exchange with the same config and services. I then restore the databses and they were successfully restored without problem, however, my IMC service terminates when i restarted w...

enabling nt service
How does one enable/disable a service using mfc/win32 api's? Starting Stopping and pausing is easy, but i don't see anything about enabling/disabling. Greg Greg, while there is no enable per se, you can disable a service using the ChangeServiceConfig method, and set the dwStartType to SERVICE_DISABLED. For enabling a service, you need to select one of the start options and use ChangeServiceConfig (typically SERVICE_AUTO_START for "automatic" or for "manual" it is SERVICE_DEMAND_START) IHTH regards roy fine "gerg" <gerg@discussions.microsoft....

Total Number of Invoices Smartlist or SSRS
I need to create a Smartlist or SSRS report that has the Customer Name, Customer Balance (Overage),Total number of paid Invoices ,Total Cash Received, Total number of unpaid invoices, Total $ unpaid invoices and can be sorted by invoice date. What tables can i use im creating a smartlist or how do i create an SSRS report for this? I think this would be easier done in SSRS. Do you have any experience with SSRS? If not, I suggest getting a book - SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services by Brian Larson. It will walk you through creating reports. I keep it by my side always when creating SSRS...

Change "Startup in this folder" via Script/GPO?
Hello NG, Is there any option to change the "Startup in this folder" via Script? (Not manually! Tools->Options->Other->Advanced Options: Startup in this folder) I try also via GPO but there isn't any option. Thanks in advance, B.Grogg IIRC, there is no group policy setting for this because the user can = select any folder in their default information store. That makes it a = setting specific to the user's mail profile. If the user changes = profiles, a different setting might apply. There is no global setting = that applies to all profiles.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

OL2000
When I try to create a new contact, I get the following error message: Error Loading Form. Some of the needed controls may not be registered. I'm using a custom form for contacts, and in the past when I've encountered this, I just went to tools | forms | choose a form... chosen the right form, it gets re- installed and all's well in the world. That's not working for me this time. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. You can try clearing the forms cache -- Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If t...

Outlook Messages
With Outlook's Advanced toolbar selected, when I open a new message (in any format), I don't have an advanced menu (with fonts and font size). There isn't even a "View" menu available. I had this on OL2000, and after upgrading to 2002, the VIEW and advanced toolbar are still missing. Are you using Plain Text or RTF/HTML? Is this with Word as the editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.gr...

Is it normal when the sever's response is "service unavailable"
Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try again later. Does that mean I did not set up well? When you say you set up for home use, are you trying to pull work email from home? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "may" wrote: > Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I > got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try > again later. Does that me...

Not so advanced budget/reports feature in 2005 #2
I recently upgraded to Money 2005 small business from the 2004 version in the hopes it would fix problems I have had with the budget and reports. My budget is set in stone and approved once a year for my non-profit organization. When I enter the budget into Money, my recurring bills and deposits show up in my budget and I can't get rid of them!!! Since my recurring bill/deposits may not exactly match my yearly budget, my budget is always way off. I have to calculate it by hand whenever I have to do a report. I've always considered Microsoft Money's implementation of ...

Updating Page Field of Pivot Tables from Form Control
Hi, I would like to use a pull down menu to feed into a pivot table page field. So for example, when I select employee name in the pull down menu of the form, that employee name is used as the page field value for a pivot table. I'm assuming this needs to be done in VB, but can't work out how. Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks, Ra This is very raw but it works. Sub PivotTable() ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields("Name").CurrentPage = ActiveSheet.Range("A8").Value End Sub This assumes you are running macro from the ac...

A Form To Feed An Excel Worksheet
Hi. I'm creating an Excel worksheet in Excel 2007. It is going to be a mini-database with names and addresses, etc. to feed into a Word 2007 mail merge. Typing in all the data in the Excel worksheet is going to be tedious. I'm wondering if there is something equivalent to a "form" that you can create in Access. In Access, a "form" is something with fields that you can group in a convenient order on the "page" of the form, and then you can tab through them and type in data. I think one could create such a thing in Access, and feed an Access database....

Window installer service could not be accessed
Aftermath of an Xp home to XP Pro upgrade- clean install. Tried to reinstall the program files [ missing in start menu] meet with this error message: Window installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running in safe Mode [ not the case here] , or if the Windows installer is not correctly installed. Corrective Action 1: ----------------------- Tried this and failed -Run-type "msiexec,ex /unregister " then "msiexec /regsever" Error message invalid instruction. Corrective Action 2: ----------------------- Checked the HKEY_CLASS...

Site Replication Service #2
Could someone point me to a description of what this actually is and how it works? Thanks. On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 06:51:24 -0400, "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Could someone point me to a description of what this actually is and how it >works? > >Thanks. > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/e4267cf3-fd9f-4960-8b63-a23e09d7782c.mspx?mfr=true scroll down. Make sure you back it up, otherwise srs cannot be re-created on the server hosting it. If the SRS database has to be rebuilt, you'll have to bring up a s...