SQL 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS

I've installed SQL Server 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS on a server running
Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard and am having major issues. I
installed and configured SSRS using documentation provided by our CRM
application (ConnectWise). They appeared to be pretty standard
options. For SSL I chose the certificate for mydomain.com. Inside the
Reporting Services Configuration Manager it shows the following URLs:

Web Service URL:
http://machinename:80/ReportServer
https://www.mydomain.com:443/ReportServer

Report Manager URL:
http://machinename:80/Reports
https://www.mydomain.com:443/Reports

Here are the issues I'm currently having. The following 6 links all
load and display correctly. Because the top 4 work, I'm assuming IIS
is correctly configured and that this is an SSRS issue.

http://localhost
https://localhost
http://www.mydomain.com
https://www.mydomain.com
http://localhost/Reports
http://localhost/ReportServer

The following 2 links don't load and give the error "HTTP Error 404.0
- Not Found"

https://localhost/Reports
https://localhost/ReportServer

The following 4 links all prompt for credentials but won't accept any
username/password I've tried:

http://www.mydomain.com/Reports
http://www.mydomain.com/ReportServer
https://www.mydomain.com/Reports
https://www.mydomain.com/ReportServer

Any ideas on what is going on? I'm under the assumption these should
all work.

Mezlo
0
Mezlo

After further testing, the last 4 URLs work from other workstations,
just not the SQL server itself. Hope this helps.

Mez

On Mar 17, 5:05=A0pm, Mezlo <me...@sunfire.org> wrote:
> I've installed SQL Server 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS on a server running
> Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard and am having major issues. I
> installed and configured SSRS using documentation provided by our CRM
> application (ConnectWise). They appeared to be pretty standard
> options. For SSL I chose the certificate for mydomain.com. Inside the
> Reporting Services Configuration Manager it shows the following URLs:
>
> Web Service URL:http://machinename:80/ReportServerhttps://www.mydomain.co=
m:443/ReportServer

> Report Manager URL:http://machinename:80/Reportshttps://www.mydomain.com:=
443/Reports

> Here are the issues I'm currently having. The following 6 links all
> load and display correctly. Because the top 4 work, I'm assuming IIS
> is correctly configured and that this is an SSRS issue.
>
> http://localhosthttps://localhosthttp://www.mydomain.comhttps://www.mydom=
ain.comhttp://localhost/Reportshttp://localhost/ReportServer

> The following 2 links don't load and give the error "HTTP Error 404.0
> - Not Found"
>
> https://localhost/Reportshttps://localhost/ReportServer
>
> The following 4 links all prompt for credentials but won't accept any
> username/password I've tried:
>
> http://www.mydomain.com/Reportshttp://www.mydomain.com/ReportServerhttps:=
//www.mydomain.com/Reportshttps://www.mydomain.com/ReportServer

> Any ideas on what is going on? I'm under the assumption these should
> all work.
>
> Mezlo

0
Mezlo

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

[Win7 x64] Move partition C to another drive
Hi. I have Windows 7 installed on a primary 1/3 partition of a 300Gb SATA hard drive. The other 2/3 is are logical partitions of 100Gb each. Needless to say, I am running out of room on drive C and also want to have my OS on my biggest and fastest hard drive that I have. In the system is another 1Tb SATA drive broken into 4 250Gb primary partitions for storage. I just put in another 1Tb drive last night, broke it into 4 primary partitions of 250Gb each, and gave it drive letters of L, M, N, & O. Because of this and my mounted shares, I am running out of drive letters and cann...

Computerworld article on Mac Office 2008
Computerworld has a story giving a preview of Mac Office 2008. They have quotes from some key people at Microsoft who were involved in Mac Office 2008's development. The story can be read at this link: http://tinyurl.com/3be8p6 ...

sql summarizing help

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Windows 2008 NLB
Hello, I'm just setting up my first NLB in 2008 std. In your experience is it best to setup an NLB in multicast or unicast and is it best if both servers are in their own VLAN? Thanks Hi Whiteford, did you check if NLB over different subnets is supported even configurable ? Why do you need that ? Haven't seen yet an implementation where NLB nodes was on different IP networks. If supported the answer will depend on what you want to run on your NLB cluster. This requirements will normally be defined from the application side. I personally would start here w...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

Excel 2008 startup

WSUS 3.0 on SBS 2008 Best Practise
Is there any way to get the WSUS 3.0 databse on SBS 2008 to just contain updates that are required? When I install WSUS 3.0 on SBS 2008 I find myself having to decline thousands of un approved updates just to get WSUS 3.0 to a point where it only show updates that require approval for the machines on the SBS 2008 domain. I`d like if WSUs 3.0 only displayed updates that require approval. any suggestions gladly welcome. thanks, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CAE77F.3B3AE9E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

No more BadMail after applying E2K3 SP1?
After applying Exchange 2003 SP1 to one of our gateway servers, I observe 24 hours later that there are no messages in BadMail. Not usually something I'd complain about, but it is unusual. Prior to applying the service pack, I cleaned up this directory. There were almost half million entries there, testimony to the fact that we ordinarily get a thousand BadMail entries a day typically. The directory was so large that I had to use command line del *.* to accomplish the task. The directory itself appears to be fine and I can create files there without problem. The server is routing message...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...

writeback to SQL 2005
hello! I use excel 2007 iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table. In my workbook i can now see this data from this table. if i change a value in some cell i wish to writeback to table in SQL server. Is this possible? It's possible through the use of VBA and ADO, but not simply using the data connection you've already established. Ross "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D54EC521-0DD5-4B3D-971B-4FF3394D6FA8@microsoft.com... > hello! I use excel 2007 > iI open a connection agianst SQL server 2005 and choose a table...

Will Office 2008 have an upgrade path from Office 2004?
I'm hearing about a lot of problems with the updates, etc... I'd really like to know what is going on/expected to happen with the Office 2008 suite. It would be cool if MSBU could develop an accounting package for the office suite. Can someone fill me in on the 2008 scuttlebutt? --Walter-- Hi Walter, information on Office 2008 is quite scarce, so I'm afraid that no one outside of Microsoft has an answer to your question. As a matter of fact, I don't even know if that many people at Microsoft do, since it's still very early days for the upcoming Office suite. If I were...

Error in money 2008 when try open my file
I have a great possession, when I try to open my file in Money 2008, he gives a mistake and clamor. I have these file from the money 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2007 and now 2008. Before yesterday it was working 100%. The mistake is soon in the opening of the file. Can it be when he collects the data for the screen My Money (home)? Thanks, Fernando Rodrigues My Moneys is Home and Business "Fernando Rodrigues - Fersoft" wrote: > I have a great possession, when I try to open my file in Money 2008, he gives > a mistake and clamor. > > I have these file fr...

sql.request #2
Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A. The only guide I can find is at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's really hard to follow. From the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the re...

Uninstall office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've been having problems with my office install for a while now, it just refuses to update, saying the version of office required for the update isn't available. So i decided to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall it. However, the remove office app doesn't find any versions of office on my system :S Even though it's quite clearly there. I'm on snow leopard, but had these problems before i upgraded, too. Any ideas how i can remove it completely and reset everything so i can install it properly ...

MSDE or SQL Personal or SQL Developer? or SQL Workstation?
Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? Thank you. It depends on what edition of GP you are going to run. If you are going to use Professional, you need to go with SQL Server developer, assuming you are installing on a non-server OS. "ano" wrote: > Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? > SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? > Thank you. Is the function of SQL Developer the same as Enterprise edition? How about personal edition? Can it be used for GP Pro? Can dev...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

Excel RoundUp in Transact-SQL
Last week I posted the following computation in Excel... roundup(roundup(rate * 500),4) - roundup(rate * 200,4) + polfee,2) ((6.108934 * (500000/1000)) - (200 * 6.108934) + 1311.51) = 3144.20 In SQL using round(num,4) = 3144.19 I've moded this to... round(num+0.0005,4) = 3144.20 This works most of the time but occasionally I'm still off from what Excel returns. I'm under 2% in my 342 calcs, so it's do-able and we'll explain if any client notes this that we've reduced their pmt by .01 cents. BUT, I'd still like a way to replicate Excel'...

Access frontend with SQL Server backend: my solution for ODBC Call error
Hi This thread follows threads I started in forums microsoft.public.access.forms, and microsoft.sqlserver.programming: 1. 'Overriding constraint violation message' at 21.04.2010 12:00; 2. 'Overriding constraint restriction message, when deleting record(s) from form' at 29.04.2010 10:36. The problem (Occurs in Access 2000 mdb as stated by MS and in Access 2007 mdb as I myself discovered): When record operation is aborted from SQL Server, Access gets the full information about error, but this info gets unaccessible at moment when OnError event is triggered. The...