Report call times out when called through web service but not through Report Manager

Hello all,

I have a Reporting Services report that runs fine when I run it from
Visual Studio.  It also runs fine from Report Manager.  However, when
I run it from an .aspx page named RSRenderReport.aspx, I get a timeout
error after about 100 seconds.

I have set the following:

In the web.config:
     <httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" maxRequestLength="300000" />

In the code behind, RSRenderReport.aspx.vb:
   Dim objRS As New ReportingService.ReportExecutionService
   objRS.Timeout = -1

The error returned is:

****BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE*****
Message: The operation has timed out

Source: System.Web.Services

Stack Trace:    at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
request)
   at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
request)
   at
methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at ReportingService.ReportExecutionService.Render(String Format,
String DeviceInfo, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String&
Encoding, Warning[]& Warnings, String[]& StreamIds)
   at ReportingServicesGateway.RSRenderReport.Page_Load(Object sender,
EventArgs e)
****END ERROR MESSAGE*****

Where else can I set the timeout so that this will work?

Thanks for any info,
Kathryn

0
kbutterly

Need more Reports

How do I build an index without entering one word at a time
In Word 2003, you could create a file with two columns, one with the word in the text that was going to be marked and the other with the index word. Thus you might have 'voting' and 'parliament' under the index word 'democracy'. and this is what you would put in the second column. This facility seems to be missing from Word 2007. I cannot find it in Help at all. Has it been lost or is there still some way of merging a column file with the text to be indexed and marking up in this way? The function still operates the same way, except for how you get the...

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Current User, Web Services, CRM 4.0, Alert, Help!!
How can I alert the "Current User" in CRM 4.0, this code work in 3.0 but not in 4.0. Thanks!!! var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + " <soap:Body>" + " <query xmlns:q1=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/Query\" xsi:type=\"q1:QueryEx...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

Subtracting hours and minutes with negative times
Hi all, I created for my self a worksheet where I enter the working time in morning as well as the working time in the afternoon, I add the sum of the 2 time and I got the sum of the working time. Now, let's say: in A1 I have the time I have to work every day: 08:24 / HH:mm In B1 I have the time I worked on a given day e.g.: 08:30 A1=08:24 B1=08:30 C1= "=IF(B1<A1;A1-B1;B1-A1)=00:06" that is "Today I worked 6 minutes more". But if I work less then 8:24 on a day, then the formula gives me an incorrect result: A2=08:24 B2=08:05 C2= "=IF(B2<A2;A2-B2;B2-A2)=00:...

Rounding time to nearest 1/4 hour
I am setting up a time schedule and need to calculate time served during a month. If I have: b1:b31 = begin time (cells formatted as hh:mm) c1:c31 = end time (cells formatted as hh:mm) d1:d31 = total time worked (formatted as hh:mm) Problem: how do I add d1:d31 to total time worked during month to look like hh.mm with minutes converted to 100 units per hour and displayed as quarter hours. B1 = 7:15 C1 = 12:15 D1 = 7.00 B2 = 7:15 C2 = 12:30 D2 = 7.25 B3 = 7:15 C3 = 12:45 D3 = 7.50 Total hours worked = 21.75 Given: Time is entered only in quarter hours as above. Examples: If tim...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Web Services for Dynamics GP has ended prematurely (help!)
Hello everyone, When I'm installing Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics as a prerrequisite for Business Portal, I got a warning that said something like some files could not be removed after installation. I did not take a screenshot of the error waiting to see if it had installed correctly (my bad), but then the setup said "The Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP has ended prematurely." I finished the setup and tried running it again but now I get no messages, it goes straight to saying the installation was not completed. What do I have to do to succesfully install ...

Mobile Phone Web Access
What is the best approach for writing a page that smart phones will be accessing? Emulators? Etc... This is a new approach for me. Thanks! ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

error running mailbox manager
Hi all I am running exchange 2003 in mixed mode on a windows 2003 server. I have been getting errors in the application log that say. This only happens when irun mailbox manager, all email is flowing fine. This error appears to have somehtingto do wit hthe System attendant, but i cant find exaclty what the problem is. Again i only see this when i run mailbox manager. Thanks for any help The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-028...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...