No MDX syntax highlighting or Design Set tab in SSRS 2008

I'm a reporting services developer, and I've been resisting moving
from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008 for two reasons.  The first is that I
write some pretty complex MDX reports and in SSRS 2008 there is no
syntax highlighting.  Furthmore, when I'm adding SSRS 2005 MDX
reports, it throws everything into a big pile, and ruins my spacing,
tabs, etc.  I can't even do a Ctrl + A to select it All.  Its just
really disappointing that they took steps backward in their code
editor from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008.

Also, I'm not a really big fan of getting rid of the design tab.  It's
a hastle to me having to right click on each data set, then close the
window.  My reports arn't simple enough that you can just drag and
drop things from the cube.

Does anyone know if the R2 release coming in May has dealt with either
of these?

I've voted at the Microsoft site for this bug and if you agree with me
that this is a big setback please feel free to help vote:
https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/514832/reporting-services-2008-mdx-query-designer-syntax-highlighting

Thanks,
Mike Lum
0
Mike

Highlighting Every Other Row - Conditional Formatting
Hello, Here is my original post, which was very helpful: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=6ab8403b-96bb-4c7d-bfb5-a602d4127bde&sloc=en-us I am now using Office 2007. When I try to use the formula =MOD(ROW(),2) for highlighting every other row, it only highlights alternating BLANK rows. If the row is populated, it will not highlight it. Can someone help me figure out why this is happening & how to fix it? Thanks! NicoleS Perhaps it is more strongly typed than earlier versions. Try this formula inst...

MDX query be persistence in an XML format
Hello Gurus, Need your help on following: 1. Whether an MDX query be stored in an XML format? e.g. can the below query be stored in an XML file format: (the query is for illustration only). with set [PromoMonths] as 'Filter([Time].[Month].Members, Not IsEmpty( ([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings]) ) )' set [PromoRange] as 'Head( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0) : Tail( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0)' member [Measures].[Uplift] as '([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings])' member [Measures].[This Quarter] as '[Unit Sales]' member [Measures].[Last Quarter] ...

Paycheck set up, but now want to delete
While trying to figure out how to do a budget, Money Deluxe Plus told me to set up my paycheck in detail (all the deductions etc). I did that, but then decided I didn't want that anymore because it was adding this like a payment to my balance. So I had duplicate paycheck payments in my account. How can I remove this? How can I remove the historic paycheck deposits that I set up in bill pay? TIA, Blake You can delete the Paycheck item Budget created directly from Bills and Deposits. Since you say it's duplicated, I'm guessing that you already had one there when Budge...

strange statement in Settings.Designer
Hello! At the end is the complete code for file Settings.Designer.cs I can't understand this statement ((string)(this["NorthwindConnectionString"])); in this NorthwindConnectionString propery public string NorthwindConnectionString { get { return ((string)(this["NorthwindConnectionString"])); } } namespace WindowsApplication1.Properties { [global::System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGeneratedAttribute()] [global::System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editors.SettingsDes...

5.1.3 Bad Recipient Address Syntax (on RECEIVING)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop 5.1.3 Bad recipient address syntax Mail could not be sent Account name: &quot;xxxxxx&quot; Error -17099 <br><br>Getting this message on Receiving as opposed to other on Sending. Mail sends fine with no errors but how do I get rid of this message? Closing my own case. An OUTgoing e-mail was stuck in the Outbox. Deleted that and all is well. ...

Where can we get xml scheme for tuning setting of WM2003/WM5.0 PDA
Hi all, We are working upon setting up a lot of WM2003/WM5.0 empowered mobile devices according with company standards. As far as I know these settings are tuned through xml file. Then this xml file has to be deployed deployed/executed onto mobile device. My question is where xml scheme for tuning such setting is published so we may assign necessary properties referencing it? Thank you in advance. ...

Set up a newsletter with multiple pages in Publisher 2003?
I have a custom design format for a client newsletter - is there a way to set it up as a single document with multiple pages? It goes to a commercial printer. Thanks. -- Later, 'gator - FarSider FarSider <FarSider_1@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a custom design format for a client newsletter - is there a > way to set it up as a single document with multiple pages? Yes. Have you tried Insert > Pages? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

incorrect syntax near '421'
I'm planning to upgrade eEnterprise from version 6.0 to 7.5. However, when running the SQL update statistics and recompile in file>>maintenance>>SQL, i'm getting this error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drivers][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '421'. Thanks. ...

No _ttof in Visual Studio 2008
Hello, Is there no _ttof function in Visual Studio 2008, or do I need to include some special header file? I get: error C3861: '_ttof': identifier not found I use Visual Studio 2008, in a non unicode build. The codebase originates from VS6. Best regards, Oliver >Is there no _ttof function in Visual Studio 2008, >or do I need to include some special header file? Oliver, Have you included tchar.h ? Dave "Oliver Regenfelder" <oliver.regenfelder@gmx.at> wrote: > Is there no _ttof function in Visual Studio 2008, > or do I need...

Syntax error when running SQL Insert query
Hi, When I run the code below I receive an error message of Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'primary' after executenonquery is run. Primary being my table name for my database. I've tried to simplify this code down as much as I can, but I can't seem to fix the syntax issue. If you see what I did wrong please let me know, I'm at whits end. As for my DB table, all I have is one field which is set to text, so the data being inserted should work fine. This isn't being rejected by the SQL server itself since nothing shows in the logs. Database connection is func...

Syntax for ()
I want this to read out as (1) No Sale right now its 1 No Sale Where or how do I put the () around the number? Thanks DS =Count(*) & " " & IIf(Count(*)=1,"No Sale","No Sales") On Thu, 10 May 2007 13:22:52 -0500, DS wrote: > I want this to read out as (1) No Sale > right now its 1 No Sale > > Where or how do I put the () around the number? > > Thanks > DS > > =Count(*) & " " & IIf(Count(*)=1,"No Sale","No Sales") ="(" & Count(*) & ") &qu...

User setting
Hi, I change change the org Excel's macro security from high to middle for each user on these window. However, I logged as non-admin the changed Excel's secrity is still high. How can I set marco for each login user? Excel -> Tools -> Macro -> Secrity Thxs -- gabch ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gabch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30662 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564052 ...

Syntax error in DLookup expression
I am getting a syntax error that there's a missing operator in query expression 'ShopID ='. From this it almost seems that it isn't reading the True statement in our expression which should disregard that "false" part of the expression altogether. Any ideas how to fix this? Here's the expression: IIf(IsNull(Me.ShopName), "The owner has not yet chosen a repair shop.", _ DLookup("Expr1", "qryShopReturn", "ShopID = " & Me!ShopName) & " "). ShopName is a cbo that is populated by tblShop where Sho...

Why does connection setting changed?
I am using XP with SP3 ad IE8, and already set Tool > Option > Connection > select always us the default connection, but sometimes, this setting will automatically change back to select never dail-up for connection. Does anyone have any suggestions on what wrong it is? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric I use the "dial whenever network connection is needed" and it seems to work the best. Have you tried this option? Frank "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91676B5A-5151-4410-AA2A-C616547B2CA1@microsoft.co...

Highlighting Rows
I have a spreadsheet where every other line is highlighted (for ease o reading). When I sort the data, the colors also change position so I n longer have every other line highlighted. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I would like th highlights to remain fixed but have the data in the cells sort based o my criteria. So, if row 1 is highlighted green, I would like it t remain green even if the data in that row changes. I hope I'm being clear. Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Nan, use conditional formatting for your highlighting, as deta...

Highlight Cells
I am dealing with a date of lets say 5/5/05 in Cell B6, and six months later I want to be informed in Cell B7 of the Due Date (11/5/05) and Color change of that cell (B7) to red. How do I do this??? have a look at format>conditional format>put in an appropriate formula -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFB8BC05-2C19-4F95-8435-EEE8FB327460@microsoft.com... > I am dealing with a date of lets say 5/5/05 in Cell B6, and six months later > I want to be informed in Cell B7 of the Due ...

My Tasks View Options Reset after user sets them
What people here continue to have a problem with is that in My Tasks, =93Show Only Current Tasks=94 and =93Expand All=94 view options continue to =93reset=94 themselves to unchecked although you go to the trouble of checking an applying. You come back to My Tasks, and they are unchecked again. Sometimes it's one or the other; sometimes both, and I can't say for sure if the other two options change as well. Please advise. Thanks, Andy Novak UNT I think this might be related to your users having to high level of permissions enabled on PWA>Site Actions>Site Setti...

How I set up an offline Exchange 2000 recovery server (5.5 upgraded to 2000, Backup Exec 8.6)
At work, I was put in charge of setting up an offline recovery server and had quit a bit of trouble in getting it to work. We have an exchange 2000 server that had been upgraded from exchange 5.5 and we use Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 with the Exchange Option. FWIW here's the steps, maybe it'll save someone some headaches. The following sets up an exchange server in a completely separate and offline domain ( In no way connected to our network. I matched the name to our real domain, though). The following is the procedure to do it, I just generalized it by removing our domain name, A...

How do I set up Outlook 2003 with my dial-up email account?
I have been using Juno email for years and I'm content with it, but it has very little spam protection and I'm getting inundated with spam and junk mail. I read that Outlook 2003 has advanced spam/junk mail filters so I installed Outlook 2003 and configured it--or at least attempted to configure it--for my Juno email account. But when I click on Send/Receive I get the following error message: Task 'pop.juno.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.' Task 'pop...

Character Set
I haven't seen this talked about recently. Periodically, I get a small database in UTF-8 encoding. When I upload it to Excel, I get garbage for such characters as ü, é, â, and many more. I experimented, opening it in a text editor, and it read correctly, but when I asked the text editor to convert it to Windows ISO, the accented characters became garbage. It wouldn't be such a problem, but sometimes I don't know that "L!@#$%vis" means "Lévis," if I have never heard of the place! I tried the help function, but all the available comment...

Syntax problem.
I have a syntax problem that is confusing me. I am using a deque of pointers-to-a-class. In my code I use an iterator to the deque. I want to modify a value within the class. Normally I would use something like itMyClassDeque-> to modify the value. But itMyClassDeque-> isn't accessing a class its accessing a pointer-to-a-class. So my syntax isn't right. I'm just confused. How do I do this? class MyClass { public: int m_MyInt; }; std::deque<MyClass *> MyClassDeque; ProcessData() { std::deque<MyClass *>::iterator itMyclassDeque; .... itMyClas...

Syntax with "IF" statement...
Trying to resolve a situation that I've got posted elsewhere on here maybe I can do it this way if someone can help me with the syntax fo using "IF". Say that column G is numbered 1-5, and column H has values of 100, 133 322, 440, 560. I'll enter a number (1-5) in col A, and I want this to happen in col B and I'll express it in human language: If A2=3 then B2=322...If A1= then B1=560. In other words, I post a number in A, then go search G for the sam number, then post the corresponding H value into B. I've tried the syntax every way but the right way, I guess...

Meeting labels
Can I change the default setting for the meeting labels? There are a number of them I'll never use and there are some I will always want to use but aren't available.... "Maureen D." <MaureenD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1030EE3C-C5E7-463A-B064-3EC11D9C4821@microsoft.com... > Can I change the default setting for the meeting labels? There are a number > of them I'll never use and there are some I will always want to use but > aren't available.... Is this for Outlook 2003 or earlier? Select the Calendar folder in the...

FRx question
Our account numbers are the following format: X-JRC-4600-DDD-US with 4600 being the actual account designation. Instead of putting just 4600 in the Row I would like to designate X-JRC (so that only X-JRC comes up). Is there any way to do this in the Row area? Thanks for any help in advance. -- Dave Christman System Developer If you want all accounts that start with X-JRC, you could use this: X-JRC-????-???-?? If you want all accounts with 4600 in the natural and starting with X-JRC, then: X-JRC-4600-???-?? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal ...

Syntax error in sub
Converted to 2000 and get a syntax error in this sub at this line: strSQLRestore = "UPDATE Employees " & _ "SET Country = 'USA' " & _ "WHERE Country = 'United States'" Here is the full sub... Sub RecordsAffectedX() Dim dbsNorthwind As Database Dim qdfTemp As QueryDef Dim strSQLChange As String Dim strSQLRestore As String Set dbsNorthwind = OpenDatabase("Northwind.mdb") With dbsNorthwind ' Print report of contents of the Employees ' table. Debug...