IIF question

Hello.  Doing a report that uses an IIF in a textbox that is text.  If the
IIF is false I would like the text (mainly  1 or 2 words) not to be
underlined.  How do I end the IIF so the text is not underlined?
Thanks.
John

I am not sure how you mean, but if you want this underlined based on the
true or false then use the properties box and choose the text decoration
item and write an expression in there.
"JohnE" <JohnE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.  Doing a report that uses an IIF in a textbox that is text.  If the
> IIF is false I would like the text (mainly  1 or 2 words) not to be
> underlined.  How do I end the IIF so the text is not underlined?
> Thanks.
> John

0
Ben

Newbie question about impersonation
Hi all, I'm facing a little issue and I don't know if the cause comes from ASP.Net itself, the way I use ASP.Net or VirtualBox. Let me explain. I wrote an ASP.Net web interface which runs some powershell scripts. For my site (purely internal), I'm using impersonation through the web.config file: <identity impersonate="true" userName="<domain>\robot" password="<password>" /> The issue is despite this impersonation (which seems to work well) VirtualBox uses the systemprofile to get its configuration. Any idea or sug...

"Active X" Question
I have a questing about an error message I get in OE. Sometimes while looking through my email a message will pop up saying some similar to: "Your current security settings prohibit Active X from appearing in your messages, it may not be displayed correctly" What does this mean, and how do I correct it? -- Matthew Surber matthew_surber@earthlink.net Have A Great Day! -- All Outgoing mail scanned by McAfee Without see the source of the HTML message, I would say you don't want to correct this issue. To see the source, open the item and select ctrl + f3. "Matthew Surber&...

IIF Statement syntax?
I have a timesheet template that allows a user to enter their Time In, Time out for Lunch, Time back In, Time Out for the day, then calculates the time differences to give total number of hours worked. I am trying to make it so that if the total time for the day is Negative, it assigns zero as the default. Here is the statement that I tried IIF(ROUND((((E7-E6)+(E4-E3))*24),2)<0, ROUND((((E7-E6)+(E4-E3))*24),2),0 Can anyone give me some help on what I've done wrong? I just get #NAME in the box Thanks for the help in advance Mac Could it be that IFF should be IF? Bernard "m...

A Questions about Longhorns' applications
Hello, I wonder, Will Microsoft Windows Longhorn application will be .Net only, I mean the office, the internet explorer 7 etc. is written on .NET + c# language or still MFC ? The office 2003 applications and internet explorer 6.0 are MFC based rather than c#, aren't they ? Thanks for the information, Janiv Ratson. I wouldn't expect any change in code base at all. Why do a major rewrite? What is the benefit? "Janiv Ratson" <janiv@aoe6.net> wrote in message news:useW0zjeFHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I wonder, Will Microsoft Windows Longhorn a...

CRM SFO Sales for Outlook promote e-mail questions
After promoting an e-mail to CRM activity the following behaviour occurs: 1. The promoted e-mail is traced as an CRM activity in Outlook, is there an easy way to remove this trace? 2. The save and save/close buttons don't function correct (?). If save is pressed a second window is opened, same with save/close button but the second window is closed immediately now and the first window is still open. Doesn't seem normal behaviour. Is this correct? 3. Is it possible to promote e-mails to CRM activity with status Open, so modifications can be made. Other items in this discussion gr...

Question on Mutex
Hello, The following code is being invoked when multiple files are selected from the contextmenu. The first selected file enters into the "WAIT_OBJECT_0" case and the messagebox properly displays the filename. The second file enters into the "WAIT_ABANDONED" case. The remaining files enters into the WAIT_OBJECT_0 case properly. Does anyone know why the mutex handle gets abandoned ONLY after processing the first file...the mutex handle was released properly without any errors. The scenario can ge repeated many times with the consistant results. Thank You! #include &...

Multiple listbox questions
I have a sales/cost/profitability report that with lots of help from posters here I have managed to create a form to filter it by several criteria and its all working well, I'm just tweaking it some now and have a few questions: First I have 2 listboxes 1 for customers (we currently have 346 listed), 1 for lots (we currently have 663 listed). On both of them (both multiselect) the slider does not work quiet right. On first load if you drag the slider all the way to the bottom, it only goes down about half the list, release the mouse button and the slider appears mid way do...

Custom color question + smooth chart curves question
I have prepared a large number of Excel templates that have charts I pre-defined for the user. Each of the user-defined charts I set up uses colors that are non-standard (I added them into the color palette using RGB values). These custom colors conform to a corporate palette. These Excel templates were set up so that users could develop charts that they would paste into a Word template that had also been set up to conform to many of the same colors. Within Excel, I actually added the custom swatches to the palette, along the bottom row, which has room for such user-defined colors. The inten...

Blackberry Question
Our ISP provides our mail. We use a catch all mail box at the ISP and my exchange server goes out every 15 min. and pull down the mail from the catch-all id. Exchange then splits up the mail on the local machine to each user. How will blackberry work when my client is on the road? Does it have VPN capabilities to come through my firewall and sync from the exchange server? Or do I have to set up a separate mailbox for him at the ISP? Dan Dan wrote: > Our ISP provides our mail. We use a catch all mail > box at the ISP and my exchange server goes out every 15 min. and pull > down ...

Outlook Express Questions
When I set up a rule in outlook express to reply to sender with message - is there a way to attach the original email in the email body and not as attachment? Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke...

IIF(AND) statement
Hi I have a number of things I need to test in the query. I need to use IIF statement with AND (for example in Excel you can do it),. Example I need this IIf (and(cat="HS",cat2="JTK",cat3="NT"),"1","2") how to do it in access? -- Greatly appreciated Eva On 7 apr, 21:09, Eva <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > I have a number of things I need to test in the query. I need to use IIF > statement with AND (for example in Excel you can do it),. > Example > I need this > IIf (and(cat="H...

Some general Ex2003 questions
I've been reading through the NG and some MS deployment guides for an NT4.0 to 2003 migration and have a few questions hopefully some of you guys could shed some light on. First off, I know that 5.5 was suggested to be installed on a member server rather than a pdc/bdc, does ex 2003 have any such concerns? Didn't read anything that specifically said it should, or should not be installed on a 2003 DC. I'm leaning to upgrading our office from nt40 to 2003 first and after that, upgrade from 5.5 to 2003. That being said, lets say that I do an inplace upgrade on our PDC and get the B...

Exchange Disaster Recovery question
I've just read the white paper "Disaster Recovery for Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server" and to tell you the truth, I don't think I am any closer to understanding how to backup and restore Exchange 2000 Server if the server dies or the databases get hosed. We do have Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows Servers, so I'd probably use that instead of NTBackup. Is their another document which is easier to understand and is written more clearly ? I am now fully in charge of an Exchange 2000 environment which hasn't had any type of disaster recovery plan - except brick level backups...

iIF clause
Can you help me build the right IIf field in the query with the following conditions : The field DDU consissts of : DDU :[exworks]*2+0,4+0,01 To the above expression i must also add 0,001 if size = 205, etc according to the following table : 205 0.001 60 0.001 20 0.009 1 1.32 4 0,32 0,5 1,67 However Acces does not accept my query, obvioulsy i have errors : DDU : [exworks]*2+0,4+0,01 + IIf([size = 205],0,001,[size = 60],001) Will you help me ? ...

Backup and Restore Wizard Question
I want to move a bunch of files from C drive to an external hard drive. I know I can just copy and paste, but if I try to do a large group at once the action sometimes stalls. And who wants to sit and do it a few at a time? So I see that XP has something called Backup and Restore Wizard. I followed the instruction here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/maintain/backupfiles.mspx When it had finished supposedly moving the files I selected to be moved from C drive to the external drive, I looked in the external hard drive and found, not the files I had selected to b...

newbie question; calander archiving
Another newbie/greenhorn qusetion here: Previous to using Outlook I created calanders with Excel, and could archive them anyway/anywhere I choose. While I am enjoying the "all-in-one" tool set of Outlook I have some reservations about opening/retreiving/archiving my calanders from years past, when I get there. I require this ability to track past business meetings, etc. I see the folder in my documents where Outlook has created a file with .pst extension, [and it's 43+ MB large?], and a small .dat file, which dosn't want to be opened, by me anyway, it seems........I p...

Exchange 5.5 question: export content of ghost/orphaned mailbox #2
Hi, I have a question about "ghost mailboxes" in Exchange 5.5 What happened before: The move of a certain mailbox from one server the an other server within the same site did not go very well. After the move the user complained that his mailbox was empty and that he could not receive any message. Further investigation learned that: * when looking at mailbox resources on OLDSERVER, the mailbox was still present with +/- 60MB size and 4000+ items * when looking at mailbox resources on NEWSERVER, the mailbox size and content was as good as empty. * HOME-MDB was set to NEWSERVER ...

Still Another Question....
The question of the day....In MS Office 2004 for mac..how do you get rid of the text box "box lines"? I would like to position text in a certain area on a page,but the only way, that I can see to do it is using the text box device. The problem is I don't need the thin line that continues to stay after the dots and the text box positioning lines go away. I'm sure I am missing something...but what??? Thanks Double-click the text box to bring up the Format Text Box dialog (or use right-click/control-click to bring it up). On the Colors and Lines panel, under Line, you can s...

IIF question
Hello. Doing a report that uses an IIF in a textbox that is text. If the IIF is false I would like the text (mainly 1 or 2 words) not to be underlined. How do I end the IIF so the text is not underlined? Thanks. John I am not sure how you mean, but if you want this underlined based on the true or false then use the properties box and choose the text decoration item and write an expression in there. "JohnE" <JohnE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C6EEFBC-0DC0-41C0-A35D-3A01209E568A@microsoft.com... > Hello. Doing a report that uses an IIF...

Question regarding External Associated Account
Dear all, We have the following setup : Two domains A and B A is network with exchange 2003 B is network with the user accounts We are using associate external account to let user in B use the mailbox in A. My question is -> when you use the Associate External Account wizard, it sets permission on Exchange Mailbox Right : Delete Permission, Full mailbox Access and Associate external account. It also sets rights on the security tab : Send as and Read and Write Personal Information. We have created a script which does this automaticly but it doesn't set the security settings on the...

Socket Throughput Question
Hi Everyone, I have an application that receives streaming video through an ActiveX control supplied by a third party. If I display 2 of these ActiveX controls side by side in my application then the frame rate drops down noticeably. But if I have 2 instances of my application running at the same time with one ActiveX control in each then there is no noticeable frame lose! I know that each ActiveX creates multiple threads (I don't know what each one does, but I can see at least 4 of them being terminated each time I delete an instance of the ActiveX controls), so my program is in essen...

vlookup formula question #2
For the formula below, =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:A,1,FALSE)),"no","yes") What is "ISNA" and what does each value separated with comma represent? Thanks in advance! -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi Janice not meaning to be unhelpful here, but you should check Help out for a good explaination of both of these questions. Depending on your version - ISNA is probably listed under a page called IS FUNCTIONS and VLOOKUP should come up if you type it into the paperclip (office assistant) or the ask a question box. Alternatively using the Pas...

BCC Question
Our non-profit organization would like to send periodic email messages to members (700+). I know these should be sent as BCC messages, but when I was experimenting with this, I noticed that the "To:" field is empty. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this? Thank you. Andrea Send one message to yourself in the TO: box and the mailing list in the BCC Steve L. Andrea Hoffman wrote: > Our non-profit organization would like to send periodic > email messages to members (700+). I know these should be > sent as BCC messages, but when I was experimenting with >...

want questions
Hello Everyone, I want some set of questions on Powerpoint-2007 to check competency level of the users. Please help. -- Ananta Gupta Hello Ananta, please refer to my other posting but just go to the:- Sample Test Paper (VISTA 2007) - ECDL / ICDL Advanced Presentation - instead. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Ananta Gupta" wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > I want some set of questions on Powerpoint-2007 to check competency level of > the users. Please help. > > -- > Ananta Gupta ...

Outlook 2007 question #2
Hi, I have a friend using Vista and Outlook 2007, who has sent me the following question - can anyone help here? If I have posted this question to the wrong area, please let me know. "for some unknown reason if I receive an e-mail with a site to visit or say a mail from Honda to vist one of their articles I click on it and a box pops up saying Application not found and on the bottom line view card asp ? code zs43976949 whilst in the top right is a red cross I suspect it is some thing to do with a protection program e.g. McAfee it didn't used to do this" Many tha...