How Many People Have Personal SQL Databases & Which Software is Most Popular?

Hi,

I am writing an application that converts data into SQL table format -
rows and columns.  I would like to know what software packages there
are that people use to create and maintain SQL databases, and how many
people use each - say within the United States.

Thanks for any help,

Charlie
0
Charlie

many-to-many relationships by Graham Mandeno
Hi to all, A couples of months ago I was looking for a good way to handle a many- to-many relationships. I finally found this sample db: http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/SampleDBs.htm. It's simply great! Unfortunately it doesn't work in my case because instead of using just numeric ID to relate the table I'm make use of alphanumeric ID. In the previous: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.access.formscoding/browse_thread/thread/25f1941ea8428424/9d3fc99e39b80743?lnk=gst&q=riccifs+many#9d3fc99e39b80743 Graham told me that there was a way to give to the sample db this...

Using SQL in MS Access 2000
I am trying to run some SQL script in MS Access 2000 for creating query. But its not take 'IF' and 'ELSE' command. Can someone guide me that how can I use IF and Else in MS Access 2000. Kind Regards, Muhammad Hasnain Raja You can't use If and Else in Access SQL. However, the IIf function is the equivalent. IIf(expr, truepart, falsepart) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <mhraja@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185887004.782732.108410@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to run some SQL script in MS ...

"Too many different cell formats" error
Receiving this pop up error message when opening a .xls file. File will not open. Any suggestions on how to fix and save file? Hi Lorena XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 David McRitchie posted this Leo Heuser posted a macro 2001-05-06 in programming as a very major revision of the macro in the eee007 article. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=OxP9cgi1AHA.1572%40tkmsftngp02 -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Lorena" <lorena.l.solano@convergys.com...

When forwarding an email how many recipients can I send it to?
I got an error response when I forwarded an email to many in my address book. It said, something about too many recipients. How many is too many? I set a 300 recipient limit to my Exchange users at work. This is set at my server level. Quote from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012002371033.aspx Many e-mail service providers set limits for the number of names that can be in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in a message. For example, your e-mail service provider may limit each message to a maximum of 100 e-mail addresses. If these addresses can be distributed among the To, Cc, and ...

Too many clicks! Available formats box
Hello folks I have a client who is unhappy with the amount of clicks in Word 2007. One particular frustration is the Insert Date and Time Available Formats box. Is there anyway to get Word 2007 to just insert the default Date without the additional steps of the format box? I know to the average person, it's not a big deal but this user lives in a pressure cooker and needs the useability of Word 2007 to make things faster, not slower. Thanks for your suggestions! Bill Hole MCTS, SBSC Ask the client to add the Date & Time command to the Quick Access Toolbar ...

Database size not reflecting Mailbox size
My database size is roughly 15.9 GB on my Exchange 2003 Standard version. The priv1.edb file is 8.5 GB and the priv1.stm is 7.4 GB. This however doesn't reflect the total mailbox size when I sort by size in Exchange System Manager and add them up. That total size through Exchange System Manager is 6 GB. I do normal backups (full, flush committed logs) and keep 14 days worth of deleted data. I have been teetering on the 16 GB limit for 2 months now so I am convinced any large deleted items would have been cleared out by now in the deleted repository. Does anyone have an idea th...

Move "sent" mail from a specific person to a specific folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have rules setup to move certain emails I receive from certain people/companies to a specific folder. In Outlook there was an option to keep the dialog from a particular email in the same folder so when I replied it was also in that folder. Somehow I'd like to be able to do this in Entourage but I can't figure out a way to move replied email sent to (e.g. Joe Smith) to Joe Smiths file after I send it. Other then manually doing it and the obvious toolbar option &quot;after se...

Should this be one to Many or Many to Many.. Relationship
Hi, New to Access learning... I have Table 1.. Publisher Table 2.. Books I was wondering .. Should I create Transient Third Table e.g. BooksPublisher.. Or Should I put PublisherID key AS Foreign key into Books Table ? which would be Practical E.g Books Publishers BooksNPublishers Pk BookID Pk PublisherID PK BookPublisherID Fk BookID ...

SQL experts? Adding Leading Zeros on some Barcode Items
I've imported about 4,000 items into RMS but first edited the .csv in excel, then exported to CSV to do the import. I just realized that the leading zero on some barcodes (item numbers) were taken off in excel & didn't make it to the final csv file... Any SQL experts have a suggestion? Need to do do something like this (that works)... UPDATE ITEM_BARCODE SET ITEM_BARCODE= 0+ITEM_BARCODE Where ITEM_BARCODE size =< 10 Barcode size needs to be 11 long (we are not sending the last 'check digit' from the UPC. The solution in Excel to stop the leading zero from fall...

Formatting in sql server reports
I have some sql server report service 2008 reports that will be exported to word 2007 documents. Are there any formatting features I should be aware of so these SSRS 2008 reports will not have formatting problems? I want to make certain that all the data is displayed appropriately for one page. I want to make certain there are not page breaks between different sections of the reports, data that show be one one page does not overflow to two or more pages. Thus, can you tell me what the export formatting options are that I can use? Would I need to use the formatting options w...

Too many many-to-many?
To all, I hope you can shed some light on this for me. I am using Access 2003. I have three main tables 1) Project 2) Contractor 3) Service (general contracting, soil testing, architecture, etc) I have two 'join' tables to create a m:m relationship between Projects and Contractors and Contractors and Services a) ProjectContractorJoin b) ContractorServiceJoin I would like to be able to create a form where I can select a project, then select one or more contractors, then select one or more services that each contractor could offer (and track when they start and end those services...

Too many fields
I have a table and I think it is normalized based on other postings I have read. There are about 500 object<->value pairs, that needs to be tracked for 500 different objects on every single day of the year. And, all 500 objects should have a value for that day. Object 1-30 is about one topic, Object 31-60 is about another topic, etc. tblObjects, I have 500 records like this (pk) fldObjectID - autonum fldObjectName - Text 50 tblObjectValues, (pk) fldDate - Date/Time (pk) fldObjectID - (fk) to tblObjects fldObjectValue - integer Now, I want to show the 500 records of tblObjects ...

Personal.xls #7
I saved some Macros in my personal XL workbook and used them for about a month. However, the Macro's no longer work and I can's seem to save any Macro's to Personal.xls. Have any come across this before? Thanks Michelle Hi Michelle, > I saved some Macros in my personal XL workbook and used > them for about a month. However, the Macro's no longer > work and I can's seem to save any Macro's to Personal.xls. > Click Help, About. Then hit the button at the bottom of that screen called "Disabled Items". See if your personal.xls is included....

Copy settings of database
We have an Access 2007 database in which we are happy with all of the settings, etc. Is there a way to create a new database with these same settings? There is a lot of data in the database. In other words, we want everything just as it is but without the data. -- shel You could make a copy of your database and then use a function such as http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000002#wipeAllTbls to wipe all your tables clean and then perform a compact and repair. Make sure you make a backup copy of your db before doing anything like this!!! -- Hope this ...

Outlook 2003 > Two Personal Folders
Hello, I have Outlook 2003 SP2. The same "Personal Folders" (same .pst file) appear twice. Impossible to close the second. Coudl you tell e what can I do ? Thanks, Christian Ista, you wrote on Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:19:49 +0200: > I have Outlook 2003 SP2. The same "Personal Folders" (same .pst file) appear > twice. Impossible to close the second. Coudl you tell e what can I do ? http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/2dc654512866f47a?hl=de& -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mista...

Microsoft jet database engine can not find object
Hello, I have been having trouble with a shared database ever since our server recently went down. I now have an error saying "The Microsoft Jet database could not find the object 'Databases'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." Of course I can see the database but ever time I attempt to open it I get this error. I have tried various recovery programs (Jet Comp 3.5,etc) but still no luck. Any help???? Thanks Joe Bitterman wrote: > Hello, > I have been having trouble with a shared database ever since our > serv...

Saving Excel Userform to Access Database
I have created a userform in Excel and the spreadsheet that it populates is getting to large to manage. I would like to populate an Access database from this userform instead. All text boxes, combo boxes, etc. are named the same as the columns in the database. Is there a way to save/append the Excel userform to the Access database? Thanks in advance for any help. "Katie" <Katie_Poulton@oxy.com> wrote in message > I have created a userform in Excel and the spreadsheet that it populates is > getting to large to manage. I would like to populate an Access database &...

Invalid Database
I am running a small network (3-5 clients) with 1 POS lane. Each of the other computers has the RMS software installed. The master database is located ont the same computer that runs the POS. Here's the problem: When I test the database conncetion through Administrator Config. on any other computer, it says "Connection to the database is made but the database appears to be blank or not a valid Store Operations database." I don't understand how the database could be invalid if the POS is able to run from it. Secondly: When I try to open Store Operations...

Database corruption?
Native mode Ex2003 Standard SP1 on Win2003 in Win2003 Interim Mode domain. Many (but not all) mailboxes are reported through System Manager and through Outlook mailbox properties as being larger than they actually are. Often, a lot larger. In one case, a users Outbox folder was reported as being over 50MB when, in fact, it was empty. It also seems to be the case that for these mailboxes, users can't use Recover Deleted Items. When they select the item and click the recover button, the item disappears from Recover Deleted Items but never appears in the Deleted Items folder. The last symp...

Query Personal Address book -v- Contact list
If I have understood what others are saying about Outlook 2000, Personal Addresses are .pab files and Contacts are .pst. I was not aware of the .pab files. I have recently changed from Outlook Express to MS Outlook (2000) I am running XP Pro and Office 2000. When I upgraded from OE I seem to have the majority of my previously used contacts (some are missing for some reason - especially the group contacts). I though I should be using Personal Address so followed the following MS instructions:- .. 1.On the Tools menu, click Address Book. 2.Click New Entry . 3.Under Put this entry, click Pe...

em from people i dont even know (respond to server ) is what they say
i have the same proplem with people pc help and now i have show all messages and there are a lot of th ...

personal.xls : hide with XLApp statement ???
I've got the following code in personal.xls (ThisWorkbook) to set calculation to automatic and set iterations to true. Code works great...but I'd like to insert some additional code to make personal.xls hide itself. I was thinking perhaps another XLApp statement added somewhere below...but I haven't a clue. Any suggestions? Thanks. Private WithEvents XLApp As Excel.Application Private Sub Workbook_Open() Set XLApp = Excel.Application End Sub Private Sub XLApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook) XLApp.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic XLApp.Iteration = True XLApp.MaxIter...

Changing Suppliers for Many Items
Is there a quick and accurate way to change suppliers for groups of items? Such as making all items in one Department or Department Code to be supplied by a specific distributor? Currently, most of my items do NOT have supplier which makes a Purchase Order impossible. Thanks. You could use a query. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST. Something like: UPDATE Item SET SupplierID = X WHERE DepartmentID = Y This will not update the SupplierList table. In another thread, this query was recommended for updating the SupplierList table: INSERT INTO SupplierList ( SupplierID, ItemID, ReorderNumber) SELECT ...

View SQL Server reports in Business Portal
We are running some reports in SQL Server Reporting Services. We currently are generating these reports as .pdf documents. Is there anyway to add these reports to the Reports Catalog so that they can be viewed in Business Portal and assigned to roles for security? Thanks. KJ Add a record to the ReportCatalog table in the company database that tells Business Portal how to get to the report. Once it is in there, you can go into the Business Portal administration tool to add the report to roles and centers. Every time the report is generated, run a script to update that record with a n...

what mean by when office assistant show"too many different excell
When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, i get "too many excell format" and disallowed me to go thru it. It also happen when i want to edit the worksheet by using format or toolbar. Some info: XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 I think I'd try to get rid of some of those formats--make it much more vanilla like. Then do the copy. angie wrote: > > When i want to copy a worksheet from another workbook to my another workbook, > i get "too many excell forma...