Fixed row and header report

Hi,

I have a requirement to have a report - SQL 2005 Reporting services ...

SQL output:

ID     DateId         FiscalYear  FiscalPeriod   TotalBooksTaken
ReturnedBooks   Store
1      20101001    09/10           2010-07         989
    756                 Store 1
1      20101001    09/10           2010-07         456
     343                 Store 2
1      20101001    09/10           2010-07         1456
   1343                 Store 3
2      YTD               09/10           2010-07         890
            756                 Store 1
2      YTD               09/10           2010-07         2989
          2756                 Store 4
3      LYTD             09/10           2010-07           49
             36                 Store 1
3      LYTD             09/10           2010-07         1989
         1236                 Store 2

(above data is sample)

If data not available then show null ... but rows and columns always have to
show.

                                         Col1 Text                Col2 Text
             Col3 Text

Title 1 (Row 1 - ID 1)       nn.n%                  nn.n%
   nn.n%
Title 2 (Row 2 - ID 2)       nn.n%                  nn.n%
   nn.n%
Title 3 (Row 3 - ID 3)       nn.n%                  nn.n%
   nn.n%

Col1Text = DateId + " in " + Fiscal Year + " ( " + FiscalPeriod + " ) "
Col2Text = " YTD in " + Fiscal Year + " ( " + FiscalPeriod + " ) "
Col3Text = " LYTD in " + Fiscal Year + " ( " + FiscalPeriod + " ) "

Q: 1: How can I achieve this Fixed header  and row report ?
                I can do by placing many textboxes one below other. Looking
for better solution ...

Q: 2: My sql query is aggregations of lots of tables and calculations ...
Wondering whether I have to change the output?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sreedhar

Delete rows with specific text
Hi all, I have figured out how to use the replace feature to replace certain words or lines with others. My question is: Can this or any other feature be used to delete entire rows? For example, I have several rows to be deleted spread out over a worksheet that is hundreds of pages long. All of these rows begin with the word "press". Any suggestions? Thank you very much. -- Thanks, David Two options. 1. Can you sort your data? If so, sort based on the cell that begins with "press" then all of the rows you need to delete will be together and you can dele...

Finding the last row in a spreadsheet
Hi all. I'm a relative newbie to using Excel and am stumped. I'm trying to find the last (non-zero) value in a column. The cells all have a function in them presently like =IF(C8>0,SUM(B8:C8)," ") presently so that the cell truly is not empty. I've tried using =LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D350>0),D2:D350) but it displays nothing since all the cells have a value (the function above). How do I find the last cell having a numeric value (which is what the first function provides)? Any help is greatly appreciated. It's because you don't use empty as opposed to space &...

How do I save one page out of a 80 page report in excel?
I have a large report in excel and I'd like to pull out a couple of pages to send as an attachment. Can't find how to do this. Can someone help? Thanks:-) You might want to try the Edit menu | Move or Copy sheet option, copying the intended worksheets to another workbook, then send THAT workbook as an attachment. If you want only part of a worksheet, use copy and paste into a new workbook and send that. "bellamere" wrote: > I have a large report in excel and I'd like to pull out a couple of pages to > send as an attachment. Can't find how to do this. C...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Budget or Reports for M2005
I was wondering if M2005 Budget or Reports allows you to create a budget based from mid month to mid month. For example, my budget generally runs the 15th thru the 15th of the next month. Is there any way in M2005 Budget or Reports to customize for this? Any suggestions or feedback would be helpful. I really need this feature!!! Thinking about getting Money again. TY. You can do it in reports, but not in the budget (except in a budget report). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://m...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Row and column Headers formating
When I open a particular workbook i always find the headers are strikethrough, I need a help on how to remove this strikethrough, note this is not on the cells but rather on the headers i.e A, B , C etc This is set via menu Format/Style/Normal. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Salim Check out Format>Style>Normal. Modify the Font to eliminate the strikethrough. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:40:53 -0700, "Salim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open a particular workbook i always find the >headers are ...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

PivotTables: avoiding nesting in 2 row variables
I'm posting this again, with hopefully a clearer explanation of my need. In a PivotTable with two row variables and a 3rd variable to be summed in the data area, the sums are reported in a nested fashion. What I need is explained in the following the example using two row variables, A and B; the A-variable has two values, A1 and A2; and likewise there are two B-variable values: B1 and B2. I want the Pivot Table to calculate and display four numbers: (1) the data field sum for A-variable = A1 (combined across all values of the B-variable); (2) (1) the data field sum for A-vari...

no top 10 vendor report
Hello: Does anyone know why GP does not provide a "top 10 vendors" report? Specifically, there is no way to get a report even in SmartList Builder that shows the top 10 vendors that were paid year to date for a previous year. Notice what I just said--"previous year". Sure, in regular SmartList, it is very easy to develop a top 10 vendors report for the current year. But, because of the way that the PM00201 and PM00202 tables are structured (trust me), you cannot get this information for a prior year. Maybe if you did some sort of deep, dark, and drity T-SQL prog...

Selecting a Range of Columns for Variable Rows
I want to do something like this: Select a sheet for row=3 to 17 select cells A:F copy the cells Select A2 on another sheet Paste what I copied. Shift down 1 row next row. I have verything down pretty well except selecting A:F for each row as it comes up. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks. -- BillR It would be helpful if you post the code you have so far. It helps to fill in the gaps in your narrative. "BillR" <BillR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCB74376-35D4-4426-8DFC-23B2565A9323@microsoft.com... >I want ...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Create a report on a form to reflect manufacture price
Hello I have a form and sub-form that calulates by query the wholesale value of an order. On the form is a command button to run the wholesale report. I wish to run the same report however change prices contained in the same query (manufacture prices) on the report without altering the orginal form and sub-form. Thanks Hello Peter, In your query you must have the following fields: ManufacturePrice WholesaleDiscount WholesalePrice You apparently calculate the WholesalePrice. In the recordsource of the report you must then have a field, ItemPrice, that gets its value, Wh...

Deleting row produces #REF error
I have a column with percentages. The top number is based on the SUM of the lower column cells. I have, =SUM(1-F5-F6-F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% For example, I want to delete the row containing 10.00% and have the calculation still be correct, but I get a #REF error. Is there some way to do this without getting the error. hello, Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7) Charabeuh wrote: > hello, > > Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7) > Yes, Very nice. Thank you ...

Row numbers
Row numbers are not consecutive (jumps from row 3 to row 8). To the best of my knowledge I've never done anything (like hiding) that would cause this condition. Do you have a data filter on? Regardless of what caused it, did you try unhiding the rows? Regards, Fred "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07F09C85-E600-4684-920F-44F5CB8A1D1D@microsoft.com... > Row numbers are not consecutive (jumps from row 3 to row 8). To the best > of > my knowledge I've never done anything (like hiding) that would cause this...

User not seeing all reports
We have a user who is not seeing all the reports in CRM v3.0, users in the same business unit and the same roles can see all the reports. I am awaiting a response from the user if he is seeing this in both the Outlook Client as well as the web client, so far he has only sent me a screen shot of what he can see in the Outlook client. We are unsure why this user cannot see the reports. Any ideas? ...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

how do I transpose columns and rows
I have a spreadsheet as follows: DonorId Date Amount 1 5/4/04 100 1 7/5 04 50 2 1/5/04 200 I'd like to change it to: DonorId Date Amount Date Amount 1 5/4/04 100 7/5/04 50 2 1/5/04 200 3 There are about 3,700 rows and the number of dtes per donor vary. Any ideas oon how I can do this? Thanks, jnix You could add a column to your table, to count the donation occurrence, then use a pivot table to summarize the data. For example, in cell D1 enter the heading DonationNum In...

ROW function does not work as expected
Hello, I am trying to conditionally format a cell based on two values: the value of another cell and the value of this cell itself. I am using the following: =IF(AND(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW();3))="B";D6>0);TRUE;FALSE) Check if in the current row at column 3 the value is "B" and if the value of this cell is greater than 0 This does work if I write it directly in a cell. If I use the exact same formula in the conditional formatting dialog, nothing happens. I learned that in Excel 2003 there was a bug concerning the INDIRECT and AND function (http://groups.google.de/group/m...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Business Portal Report Scheduler Publishing Error
I am unable to publish reports to the Business Portal report catalog. I changed the location of the shared folder a while back, and the new location worked fine for a short period of time. In the course of troubleshooting, I have recreated the share a few times to be sure the permissions are correct. Now however, I anytime I publish a report using any settings, the opertion results in two failures. The first is always the Historical Aged Trial Balance (no matter what report I actually selected) and the second is my report. Both say report destination location invalid, but the first...

multicolumn report
Hi, I have to design a dynamic a multicolumn report where in top will be the date and at the rows the occurrences (age, status etc) How do I do these in access report? Thanks, Carla -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200712/1 ...

Expanding and collapsing rows
Hello, I have a spreadsheet categorized by date and I would like to know if there is a way to expand and collapse the rows (i.e to give the user a manual way to see, or not see the details in the rows). The functionality I am looking for is similar to Outline Views in Ms Word. Your help, as always, is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Ed Select the rows you want to collapse and Select Data, Group and an outline will be created. Gary "Eduardo" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a spreadsheet categorized by date and I would like to know if there > is a way to expand and ...

Insert rows with Formulas
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),2,FALSE)*B19) G18=C...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...