Dynamically Changing Prompts / Hidden Properties of Report Paramet

I would like to be able to dynamically change the Prompt and Hidden
Properties of a report parameter based on another parameter.

Ideally, I would like to be able to do this within Reporting Services, but
if this is not possible I could perform a solution outside reporting services
to manually change the report before the report is rendered.

I've looked online and haven't been able to find solutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Changing Area Codes
Is there an easy way to change area codes for a large number of contacts in MSO? Our local area code has changed, and I'd like to update my contact information, especially so I can use my phone dialer effectively. Check out http://www.slovaktech.com/phonechanger.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "kvhhed" <kvhhed@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:41c801c35610$67e06310$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way to change area codes...

Print Reports to PDF
Hello, I put all my report as subreport into one report and I want to print the new all report as a PDF file. I have the below coding behind a button and it works great, but I would like to choice a file name and directory to save the PDF file. Is this possible? If yes, how would I do it. Thank you, Walter Private Sub cmdExportToPDF_Click() DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptMetricAll", acFormatPDF, "c:PDFReports\" & "rptMetricAll" & ".pdf", False End Sub Hi, Try this to choice file name and location http...

Getting rid of "What's this?" help on a property sheet.
Hello, Does anyone know how to get rid of the "What's this?" help on a property sheet? That is, whenever I right click a button I get a pop up menu that says "What's this?" and we want to get rid of it. I've tried just about everything, but the simple answer escapes me (if there is one). Thanks for any help. ----------------------------------------- Barry H barry at terramartech.com i think that is the 'context help' which is the DS_CONTEXTHELP style. you should be able to turn it off on the 'more styles' tab of the properties for your...

Trying to write a formula that changes which worksheet to used
I am trying to write a formula that uses a different worksheet in the current workbook depending on the value from a lookup result and/or the direct entry of a worksheet name in one cell. For instance, if my lookup result is November, I want to pull information from cells on the November worksheet, if December, information from the December worksheet, etc. This way, all I have to do is change the lookup value and/or the entry to get different results based on the appropriate worksheet. This is useful in repetitive activities using the same layout but different numbers. Any help would...

How to Display Categories in Cash Flow Report?
Hi, I just bought Money 2004. It looks great, but has a small problem: when I use the cash flow report, it put everything under the "uncategorized expenditure." I realize that when I download the transactions, Money seems to be doing everything automatically and did not put transactions into different categories. Is there any way to quickly put transactions into categories so that I can analyze income/expense by category? Thanks, Geoffrey most of banks don't inculde category in the downloaded statement. We have to manually do this job. >-----Original Message-----...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Select Case in a Change Event

Chart tabs changing by themself
I have an Excel 2007 spreadheet (.xlsx) file with about 40 charts all in their own sheets. Every one of those sheets used to have their own descriptive tab name. Excel does not seem to like that, however, as sometimes after closing, it just deletes all of my tab names replacing them with a generic Chart3, Chart4, Chart 5 etc. This is highly frustrating of course. I once edited every one of those tab names back to their original names, wasting a lot of my time in the process, hoping it would not happen again. Alas, it sporadically happens again and again... Any ideas/solu...

Changed printer ink tanks
The computor told me I was low on both tanks, so I changed them. Now it won't print a thing. What do I need to do now? Thanks in advance. Take the sticky tape off the cartridge base? Read the manual that came with the printer? Go to the website of your printer manufacturer and look for a FAQ section? A Microsoft Excel group is not really the place to get answers to generic printer questions. But.....we try<g> Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:07:03 -0800, postalpat <postalpat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The computor told me I was low on both ta...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

How to change the the attribute's name???
Hi Group: I would like to know if it is possible to change the name of an attribute to something else. My setup is like this: I have serveral SQL tables that I nest and join so that it all outputs into a nice XML file for the purpose of populating a flash navigation menu. <NewDataSet> <mainMenu_category menu_name="Home" menu_ID="1"> <menu menu_ID="1" /> </mainMenu_category> <mainMenu_category menu_name="Product" menu_ID="2"> <menu category_name="28.5 Volt DC Power Carts" menu_...

Change Investement Type
Friends How do I change an investment Type after it has certain transactions. I want to change a "Bond" type into "CD". I had wrongly entered it as bond when it was created. I searched and tried but couldn't succeed. Using Money 2004 Deluxe Thanks in advance Jay In microsoft.public.money, Jay wrote: > >How do I change an investment Type after it has certain transactions. > >I want to change a "Bond" type into "CD". I had wrongly entered it as bond >when it was created. > >I searched and tried but couldn't succe...

HOW DO I CHANGE FONT IN A TEXT STING
I am trying to print text with inserted fields in a text box. No problem. Now I would like to underline the inserted fields and change the font size for portions of the text. Your help is appreciated. RingedNeckDuck wrote: >I am trying to print text with inserted fields in a text box. No problem. >Now I would like to underline the inserted fields and change the font size >for portions of the text. That is not an available feature of text boxes. Look around www.lebans.com for a couple of different ways to get that effect. One I know of uses separate text boxes for the nor...

Types of Styles and Methods of Changing Style
A style beginner is confused by the terminology. Trying to understand the differences in "style" types: global, all styles, user defined styles, styles in use and available styles. And maybe there are others. Plus, what appears in the style window in the Formatting Toolbar does not match up with what is presented in the style list in the Formatting Palette or in the Style window under Format/Style. Is there a place to go in Word Help or online to understand this? I haven't found it yet. BTW, I'm using Word 2008. Thanks for any tips. Hi Norm, <br...

GP 2010 - Fabrikam
I just installed GP 2010 and the Fabrikam TWO company. When I first went to Tools>Setup>Payroll>Payroll-Additional>Prompt Print Edit Reports I was able to see and check the on/off buttons for the report option. I was expecting to then be able to (somehow) set a flag for which reports print and which report to not print. I turned on the reports and then went into Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting expecting to see some on/off checkboxes for the Prompt Print Edit Reports but there was nothing there. So I went back to the Prompt Print Edit Report window and c...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

How to filter color changed cells
Hi guys, I am writing a macro to find the special char in the Balance column(ie. only Numeric format) Its finds and changed cells interior color on the particular column, whiever cells contained specl. But my question is HOW TO FILTER THE CHANGED COLOR CELLS? Is filter possible to changed color cells? Plz help Advanced thanks Venky On Aug 6, 2:45 pm, mvenkatesa...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > I am writing a macro to find the special char in the Balance > column(ie. only Numeric format) > Its finds and changed cells interior color on the particular column, > whiever ce...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

change to the rule could not be saved (out of office)
Hi Guys Ive got a problem when activating an out of office reply in outlook 2003 exchage it reads "changes to the rule could not be saved" There are no rules added in outlook How can I solve this ...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

Money changes?
I just got a popup within Money announcing some upcoming changes in online banking. But before I finished reading it, I accidently clicked and dismissed it before I could select anything. How can I get it back? Bruce. In microsoft.public.money, Bruce. wrote: >I just got a popup within Money announcing some upcoming changes in online >banking. But before I finished reading it, I accidently clicked and >dismissed it before I could select anything. > >How can I get it back? File->Restore would probably do it, but if you go to http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/com...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

Making a "Cheque" by using report.
I have a data base storing: -Date -Client -Buy_Currency -Buy_Amount -Sell_Currency -Sell_Amount -Remark ----------------------- I'd like to produce cheques by using reports. so i'll have arrange the format first right ? I'd like to have one page per transaction, what can i do to achieve my object ? Thanks a lot, dear experts! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit Unless your description is incomplete, you'll have to redesign your database first. You need a unique field so that you can group your cheque details. Date isn't suitable, you may write more than one cheque ...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...