Decimals in Excel

Hi , I am using P0 and N0 to get rid of decimals and they are still
appearing in excel ?

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Malcolm

0
Malcolm

Crash on startup of Excel from Office 2008
Hi folks, I was wondering if I could get some help with an issue I have with Excel from Office 2008. Upon launch, Excel crashes with the following error report (attached). This is after a clean install of office 2008. I've tried removing office completely (including the folders that the uninstaller does not remove) and reinstalling it with no success. Excel is the only program that's exhibiting this problem. Additionally, excel does NOT crash if it is started by double-clicking an existing xls file. However, even once it is running choosing File -> New Workbook c...

cannot open excel book
I am unable to open a specific excel book on my pc, other excel books will open and this specific excel book will open on other pc's. Can you help me solve this problem ? When you try to open the workbook on your PC, exactly what happens? D you get an error message? If so, what does it say -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

search work book in excel 97
how do i search a workbook in excel 97? in excel xp i click the first sheet then shift click the last sheet to select all the sheets, then click find, enter the info and it searches every sheet in the book. I have excel 97 at work and the same procedure only searches the first sheet. is there a different method. in 97 thanks for any help steve Hi this is a change in the later Excel versions. Excel 97 does not support this workbook search.But you may try Jan Karel Pieterse's FLEXFIND.XLA from http://www.bmsltd.ie/mvp/ -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve Goodrich wrote: &g...

SOP NonInventory Unit Cost 6 Decimal Places
Is there any simple way to increase the currency decimal places to greater than the current highest value of 5? Thanx Scott, I don't believe there is any easy or even moderately difficult way to do this, as the field types used to store amounts in GP only go up to 5 decimal places. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Scott Rutledge" <sersoar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E102B81B-8555-400E-843C-240C58794294@microsoft.com... > Is there any...

How to view the code for excel built-in functions?
Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). thanks. No, the code is compiled, so it would likely be less than useful anyway. About the best you can do is check out the equations used in Help (see "PV"). In article <OSU3OXOBGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote: > Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). > thanks. ...

Importing from Excel?
I have a simple home-brew system on an Excel worksheet, and I want to convert it to Microsoft Money. There are about 200-300 transactions in my Excel worksheet. Is there a way to import these transactions into Money? In microsoft.public.money, Lou Sander wrote: >I have a simple home-brew system on an Excel worksheet, >and I want to convert it to Microsoft Money. There are >about 200-300 transactions in my Excel worksheet. > >Is there a way to import these transactions into Money? See http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php Have a look at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb...

Querying Excel data without another program
Hello, I'm an intermediate user of Excel, but I have lots of experience using Access. If you can give me clues on how to handle the information below using only Excel, I'd be grateful! I have a spreadsheet in Excel 97 in which there's a Worksheet named, "Datasource" with a column "B" containing repetitive data. I'd like to create a new worksheet in the same Excel file which shows a single instance of each item used in Column "B". If I were writing the query in SQL, I'd say "SELECT DISTINCT [Column B] FROM [MySpreadsheet]![Datasource...

Using Access Forms in Excel
I may be hoping against hope here but I wonder if there is a way to import a form Access so that it can be used for an Excel database? Thank you. Jack No you can't, but you can import the data and then use data>form... in excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:119lpf11ekc8n43@corp.supernews.com... >I may be hoping against hope here but I wonder if there is a way to import >a form Access so that it can be used for an Excel dat...

emailing word and excel from mac to pc
I am using Office X on Ibook, and when I send word or excel documents via email to my PC, they open on the PC with "gobblegook" . How do I make them readable on PC or send correctly? thanks steve wrote : > I am using Office X on Ibook, and when I send word or > excel documents via email to my PC, they open on the PC > with "gobblegook" . How do I make them readable on PC or > send correctly? thanks Have a look at the settings in the Entourage Mail & News Preferences, "Compose" Tab: check if the Attachments encoding is set to "Windows(M...

Encryption of Data in an Excel worksheet?
Can you encrypt sensititive data in an Excel worksheet? ...

How do you sort words in Excel by the number of letters in a word
I have a list of 5,000 words that I need sort by the number of letters in the word for my students is this possible to do? The words range from 1 letter to 9 letters in a word. with the use of a helper column =LEN(A1) if you do not want to count spaces =LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Kinger" <Kinger@discussions.microso...

Excel TREND results
I've been using the TREND function in Excel to do curve fitting to some data. The problem I'm having is that I can not find the actual coefficients that make up the 6th. Order Polynomial that fitted the data. I'm looking for something like..... Ax^6 + Bx^5 + Cx^4 + Dx^3 + Ex^2 + Fx + G Where I can used the A, B, C, D, E, F and G coefficients in other formulas. Chris. Hi, Have a look at these pages on the subject of trendlines and formula. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/...

Excel Search Problem
I have five columns (A,B,C,D,E) of which I have a varying number of row per time. Column A will contain numbers from 1+ and Column E wil contain numbers and text strings. What I want to do is have a colum E that has a formula that for each row use its corrisponding value in and search All values in column E for the same value and if that A contains a value listed in column E somewhere return the label "True and if not found return "False". Example A B C D E F 1 - - - 2000 FALSE 2 - - - 2001 FALSE 2000 - - - STORM TRUE 200...

reference memory error when printing excel file
When I try to print any kind of excel file I am getting an error message ststing 0x77f853b reference memory error 0x001de4b8 memory could not be read.. This is new to me, I have used excell for a long time and haven't run into this problem until now.... Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening?...... I am running XP and Excel 2000 ...

Reduce currency decimals
Hi, Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals. Thank you. KT I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places This utility can change the decimal places for items. I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places. Eleni "KT" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great > Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals....

decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal2)) The first result is correct (0.00000000025832000), the second is wrong, why ??? Thanks for any comments Best regards Frank Uray Hi Frank This is what happens when you multiple these precision&scales Precision 15 + 3...

EXCEL.EXE Process Open even though Quit method issued
I'm opening a workbook using the Task Scheduler built-in Windows2000 and when the workbook is done doing what it's supposed to do, I issue an Application.Quit method in the VBA code to close Excel. In the Task Manager, the Excel application (I'm using Excel2000) and the workbook that was opened is not seen in the Application tab, yet there is an EXCEL.EXE in the Processes tab. Also, going in the Task Scheduler, the task itself is still running even though I issued the Quit to get out of Excel. Either stopping the task or ending the process gives me a dump in the Dr.Wat...

Outlook with Excel
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030002090202030602070609 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I would like to integrate dates & tasks entered in an excel spreadsheet with Outlook calendar. For example if the date 12/17/2005, and corresponding task "Complete Christmas shopping" is entered on the spreadsheet, can this task be transferred to Outlook calendar in any way? Is this possible? Mandevu --------------030002090202030602070609 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-En...

Excel validation drop-down: how show codes with descriptive info?
When creating drop downs in Excel (e.g., through Data Validation) is there any way to show a code along with descriptive info so that the code can be entered into the cell, but the descriptive info provides the user with an explanation of the code when they click the drop-down? If you can use programming, there's a sample workbook on my web site that shows a product name and code in the Data Validation dropdown list. After an item is selected, the cell shows only the product name. You could adapt this to your workbook. On the following page: http://www.contextures.com/excelfile...

Unique Excel records only
Hello: I am using Excel 2003, and I have three columns of data. Some of the records of each of the three columns (a) have spaces between them and (b) have duplicates. Is there a way to pull out the spaces (i.e. the blank records) and eliminate the duplicate records? In an attempt to filter out the duplicates, I went to Data...Advanced Sort and checked the box "Unique records only". But, that was not correct. Some duplicates and at least one blank record remained. Any help on this would be thoroughly appreciated. Thanks. childofthe1980s "I went to Data...Advanced S...

history of excel
does any body knows the history of excel Hi maybe this is of interest for you: http://j-walk.com/ss/history/index.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mixtecos@hotmail.com wrote: > does any body knows the history of excel Hi A web search in google using " excel+history " would be a good starting point. (670,000 answers) HTH Regards Bob C. >-----Original Message----- >does any body knows the history of excel > >. > ...

Decimal
In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the nearest 0.5�C. Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole number, it leaves the decimal point out? eg 22�C or 22.5�C (not 22.�C or 22.0�C) Alan "Alan Cocks" <alandrob@netspace.net.au> wrote in message news:btlqhd$19fi$1@otis.netspace.net.au... > In a laboratory test we do the temperature has to be reported to the > nearest 0.5�C. > Can anyone let me know how to format it so that when the result is a whole > number, it leaves the decimal point out? &g...

excel 2002 files not saved
When a file is created in excel and is saved. When I want to check the file it is not there but there is one file with alphanumeric number with extension file which is my excel file. looks like it is the temp file. can this problem be avoided so that it keeps the file with the given name. When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no extension). Then if that save is successful, excel will delete the original and rename this funny named file to the original's name. You see the results when something interferes with this process. A couple of things th...

Percentiles in Excel
According to the example in Excel's help tool, the 30th percentile of (1,2,3,4) is 1.9. Can anyone provide any details on how Excel gets this result? My calculations give a different a result for the 30th percentile as follows: There's a 25% chance that a number selected from (1,2,3,4) is <= 1. There's a 50% chance a number selected from (1,2,3,4) is <= 2. Interpolating to get the number with a 30% chance gives me .8(1)+.2(2) = 1.2 for the 30th percentile of (1,2,3,4). Thanks. Read the help again and it'll give you the hint. You are dividing the range ...

How to make VB macros available to all Excel files ?
I've found a macro to allow exporting of Quote/Comma delimited files. And I have it working in my workbook. How can I make this Macro appear as available in all Excel files and workbooks without having to import it into each one? thanks for any help. Maybe Personal.xls which is a workbook that holds your global macros so's they are available for all open workbooks? Personal.xls is created the first time you record a Macro using Macro Recorder. Tools>Macro>Record New Macro. A dialog box will come up asking you name the macro and where to place it. Pick Personal Macro Wo...