Create Data

Hello all,

I know i'm not in the good forum...but please read the following.
I hope you are doing great so as you can see I am new to this, and I hope
that Andrew Karcher is reading...

So from my first post I tried to insert a Category into AdventureWorks with
the help of Andrew..it works, so I can see the new Category on the "dropdown
menu".
Now as Andrew said...sales for that ProductCategory so no data will be
returned unless you create that data and he is right.
What I did is from the Dataset Parameters,I insert the Category in available
value the one that  I want, and it's from a non-queried sources.
Now when I try to View report see what error message I get:

***Invalid attempt to read when no data is present***

Like Andrew said...please can anyone help me on this, or at least give me
hint to make this thing works

Thanks in advance

Best regards to all of you

Stef

"Stephane" <Stephane@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
news: 287010B1-5759-4400-B93A-689DE01E0F2C@microsoft.com...
> Hey,
>
> Forget my last post...I did download SQL 2008 Documentation with tutorial
>
> Regards,
>
> "Stephane" wrote:
>
>> Good day Andrew
>>
>> Thank you very much for your reply...May I ask after this how to create
>> data
>> for the new ProductCategory item.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Stef
>>
>> "Andrew Karcher [SQL MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > Stephanie,
>> >
>> > This is a Database question more than an SSRS question.
>> > To add a new item to that list you would just need to add a new
>> > category to
>> > the ProductCategory Table.
>> >
>> > So you would just insert a record into that table.  Depending on which
>> > version of Adventure Works you are using.  This is for 2008
>> >
>> > INSERT INTO [AdventureWorks2008].[Production].[ProductCategory]
>> >            ([Name] ,[rowguid] ,[ModifiedDate])
>> >      VALUES('Skates' ,NEWID ,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)
>> >
>> > That being said that will add it to the combo box, but the Adventure
>> > Works
>> > does not have sales for that ProductCategory so no data will be
>> > returned
>> > unless you create that data.
>> >
>> > HTH,
>> > Andrew Karcher
>> > SQL Server MVP
>> >
>> > "Stephane" <Stephane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > .

0
Stephen

create a roster

Attach Rows with Row Data
I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a Column, but if I sort by Date/Time, Just that changes, the other columns don't change with it. How can I either LOCK or ATTACH the Rpw data together so when I sort, Everything changes, not just the Date/Time? Thanks Mike Miller Hi just select the entire data range (all columns) prior to sorting your data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Admiral_Kirk_1" <Admiral_Kirk_1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BAFA6FEE-04C3-4AFB-9FA6-CFF7A41224C9@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort by Data/Time in a ...

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Task Create - Status

Data Tables
Has anyone ever had a problem where a data table is producing incorrect values? I have a (two dimensional) table which is producing unexpected values. When I try to replicate these values through manually changing the inputs (and changing nothing else) I get a different result to that produced by the data tables. Just to check I'm not going completely mad, I've had a colleague confirm the symptoms. Any suggestions gratefully received before I head into investigating for corruptions etc Mike The only time I've ever had a problem with charting is when I had merged c...

Create external database

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

How to create pie chart with %

Stagnant cell for counting filtered data
I want to keep one cell that houses the count of the data depending on how it is filtered and that cell remain visible despite how it is filtered. I can't get the formula =COUNT(C9,C1:C100) to work or get it to stay visible if I change the filter. Place the formula in row 1 that contains your titles...........assuming you have these. =SUBTOTAL(2,C2:C100) the 2, means count If you don't have titles in row 1, place the formula after a blank row below your data. Note: you use COUNT in your original. COUNT only counts numerics. Maybe you want COUNTA which would be =SUBTOT...

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

EDI ( Electronic Data Interchange)
I need to know the Working of EDI in RMS.Brief answer will be highly appreciated. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan. 092-021-4392536 ...

Excel Data List
I have a large database in an Excel spreadsheet with subtotal formula below. When I used the Data - List function to sort through th database, a few things happened to the underlying subtotal data: 1. When I click out of the list, the cells in columns below the lis become blank. 2. The subtotals that are referenced by formulas in other sheets stil feed out as though the data were extant, though the cells appea blank. Why does the underlying data only show up when the active cell is i the defined list? How can I fix it? Thanks, Rya -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I fi...

Creating an ad book

get external data #2
I am trying to get a .txt file under <data-getexternaldata-newdatabasequery>. I succeeded in downloading that text flle. I undestand it is possible to get that data direct into columns , instead downloadings that file and using texttocolumns . any suggestions. The information is perhaps avilable in <help-ODBC setup > I am unable to get at that help thanks and regards. You neglected to mention which version of Excel you are using, and that can make a difference. You may be able to simply Open the text file and use a Wizard to set the columns if the data isn't compliant ...

Access unable to create an MDE