Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS

I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general.  I've been
using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source
by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the
Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source
in a report.  How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured
shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
David

David,
Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design time
and deploying the report in reportserver, will definitely work.
Meanwhile, i would suggest you to check whether your shared datasource was
already deployed/present in the report server.
Check this and let us know.
--
Regards,
KarthikShanth.

"D Johnson" wrote:

> I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general.  I've been
> using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source
> by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the
> Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source
> in a report.  How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured
> shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option.
>
> Any advice gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
> David

Yes/No data field help
Hello- I have several fields in Access that are Yes/No data types but I want them to be 0,1 in the TABLE and have a check box in the Form. How do I do this? When I choose the Yes/No Data Type in the table it defaults to the checkbox but I am guessing I can change this to text I still get yes and no when I do Combo box I can change the choices to 0,1 but I am unsure then how to change the combo box to a checkbox in the form. Thanks! If the datatype is YES/NO then you can just delete the combo box and then drag and drop a checkbox on to your form. Then, in the checkbox's record...

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

Import data from MAS 90
I have two worksheets 1) Data Summary 2) EC_GrossHours Data Summary sheet contains SS#, Name, etc... EC_GrossHours that contais SSN and other empolyee payroll data imported from MAS 90. Is there a way to format the record that gets imported into excel from Microsoft Query. All my social security numbers get imported as text (I think) and I have to copy an empty cell and paste special|add to get the my VLOOKUP function (See below on Data Summary Worksheet)to work correctly. =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,EC_GrossHoursLookup,8,0)),0,VLOOKUP(A2,EC_GrossHoursLookup,8,0)) A2 = SSN formatted as text EC_Gro...

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Data source name not found and no default driver specified 01-02-08
I have created an exe that uses an Access database on a CD as a data source. Obviously, we can't be sure we can create a DSN on the user's machine, so we use a DSN'less connection. The CD was released almost two years ago, but now I have a user reporting that the database gives this error when the program attempts to retrieve records: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I'm not sure what to make of this, since I'm not using a DSN. I had her download the MDAC Component Checker, and she reports her version info...

Charting Time Series Data
I want to replicate the graph format shown in the first graph of the following article: [url="http://www.dmreview.com/article_sub.cfm?articleId=1031173"] I think this format would work well for my purposes, though my data is slightly different: Campaign/ Tracking Period /Mail or Control/ Response Rate Jan 30-days Mail 1.25% Jan 30-days Control 0.15% Jan 60-days Mail 2.39% Jan 60-days Control 0.41% Feb 30-days Mail 1.50% Feb 30-days Control 0.25% Feb 60-days Mail 3.71% Feb 60-days Control 0.98% I'd like to have "columns" of line graphs where each column ...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

How to filter combos during data entry
I'm trying to track the shapes (number of dimensions) and values of variables called "assumptions" to be fed into cash flow and credit models. I have an "Assumption Master" table of all assumptions that tells me whether they have one, two or three dimensions, and a "Dimension Lists" table telling me what each dimension could be. For example, an assumption called "Product Lien Factor" has two dimensions called "Lien Position" and "Rating": Lien Position could be 1 or 2, and Rating could be AAA, AA+, AA, AA-, A+, A, ...

How do I grab data from every tenth row of a 5,000 row spreadsheet???
At work, we're doing a poll of 500 people, and we've got a list of 5,000 = potential people to contact in a vast, 5,000-row Microsoft Excel=20 spreadsheet. =20 Is there a way to run a query or a macro or something that will=20 automatically go in and select every tenth row on this document and=20 either erase the intervening rows and move all the remaining to the=20 top, and/or copy the contents of every tenth row into a new document=20 (but without nine blank rows between each row?) =20 We're using Microsoft Excel v.X on Mac OS X Jaguar. =20 Most of what we do is graphic desig...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Pulling data from a list
Tough problem. I have a list of 40 records in one column, each with different data, but with the same field headings (100, 245, 260, etc.) that looks something like this: 100 Joe Smith 245 Book of home repair 260 Simon and Shuster 440 Language tape 500 Audio File 655 Audiobook 856 Bibliographic record URL 994 Location designation If I only want to view certain fileds, like 100 and 245, how can I extract that data from all the records and create a new table with that information? Thanks for any assistance. There is an Excel feature called Autofilter that does exactly what you want: 1. ma...

Importing data from multiple sources
I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? -- Ted in Chicago You could import the data from the two sources, creating a table for each. Then, you can create a query that compares the data in the tables. "TedChicago" wrote: > I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare > the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? > -- > Ted in Chicago .... and as an alternative, you may be able to link to, rather than import, the data. You could ...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

inserting table data from a Word document into an Access table
The Word 2003/2007 document(some files are in "docx" or Word 2007 and some are in "doc" Word 2003 format) has data as indicated below: ...some text on line 1 which is not needed.. ...some text on line 2 which is not needed.. ...some text on line 3 which is not needed.. Table 1 Row 1 has no columns ....some data which is not needed... Row 2/Column 1 Row 2/Column 2 ...data not needed.. ..data needed.. Row 3/Column 1 Row 3/Column 2 ...not needed.. ..data needed.. Row 4/Column 1 Row 4/Column 2 ...not needed.. ..data needed.. R...

items on shared calender
Hi, On shared calender, Is it possible to make item visible/available to read and modify only to the user who created the item at first? Thanks in a public folder? Look at the folder permissions. right click on the folder and choose properties, permissions. one of the options is edit own and edit all. visibility is more difficult since the purpose of a shared calendar is to share... try marking items Private. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipsti...

Is there a place we can share some useful tools made in Excel?
I have created some pretty useful tools in the past few years and made them available to Army solders on our internal Portal. I would also like to sare with others. Is there a place where we can share these Excel tools? I am happy to load to my server and provide links from a web page. Please email me about it (and remind me who you are!). :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Higgy1" <Higgy1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D14E741D-035D-4782-8387-2E715A07A042@microsoft.com... >I have created some pretty useful tools in the past few year...