Wpf - path data question

I have a couple instances where I am using a set of data to define a window
for testing purposes but I can't seem to find any place that really explains
it.

            <Path Fill="#80D0E0FF" Stroke="Red" StrokeThickness="3"
HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"
              Data="M79,3L65,82 17,91 50,138 96,157 104,192 175,154 190,167
218,78 156,76 157,9 111,39z"/>

In the Data attribute, I am trying to figure out what that means with the
M's, Ls and z's.

I have seen this shown but never really explained.

I think L means line but am not sure or how it uses the numbers.

Anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks,

Tom

0
tshad

Actually this is a SQL newsgroup, but here's your answer:

M = Moveto (absolute location)
L = Line
z = Close

Here's a reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752293.aspx

--
Thanks

Michael Coles
SQL Server MVP
Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
(http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
----------------

"tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>I have a couple instances where I am using a set of data to define a window
>for testing purposes but I can't seem to find any place that really
>explains it.
>
>            <Path Fill="#80D0E0FF" Stroke="Red" StrokeThickness="3"
> HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"
>              Data="M79,3L65,82 17,91 50,138 96,157 104,192 175,154 190,167
> 218,78 156,76 157,9 111,39z"/>
>
> In the Data attribute, I am trying to figure out what that means with the
> M's, Ls and z's.
>
> I have seen this shown but never really explained.
>
> I think L means line but am not sure or how it uses the numbers.
>
> Anyone know where I can find this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

0
Michael
1/12/2010 6:10:45 AM
You're right.

I had just been in this newsgroup when I sent this.

Thanks,

Tom
"Michael Coles" <admin@geocodenet.com> wrote in message
> Actually this is a SQL newsgroup, but here's your answer:
>
> M = Moveto (absolute location)
> L = Line
> z = Close
>
> Here's a reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752293.aspx
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Michael Coles
> SQL Server MVP
> Author, "Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption"
> (http://www.apress.com/book/view/1430224649)
> ----------------
>
> "tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
>>I have a couple instances where I am using a set of data to define a
>>window for testing purposes but I can't seem to find any place that really
>>explains it.
>>
>>            <Path Fill="#80D0E0FF" Stroke="Red" StrokeThickness="3"
>> HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"
>>              Data="M79,3L65,82 17,91 50,138 96,157 104,192 175,154
>> 190,167 218,78 156,76 157,9 111,39z"/>
>>
>> In the Data attribute, I am trying to figure out what that means with the
>> M's, Ls and z's.
>>
>> I have seen this shown but never really explained.
>>
>> I think L means line but am not sure or how it uses the numbers.
>>
>> Anyone know where I can find this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tom

0
tshad

Listbox questions
If I add like 20 items to my userform's listbox control, how can I determine if a user selects or double clicks on item 10?? I'm just trying to figure out which event handles when an item is selected or double clicked. Thank you Assuming your listbox is ListBox1, if you use: Private Sub ListBox1_Click() MsgBox "You Selected" & Me.ListBox1.Value End Sub The above code would display a message box that tells you what selection you made, if the ListBox1 is not a multiselect type. "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Passing data from one form to another

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

Help ! formatting data to text

Mock question?
Hi all Not sure if this is the right group, I am happyo to repost to correct group if I know what that is! but in the mean time - here goes I am using NMock2 and I have question. I have the following interface: public interface ITime { int Hour { get; } } and the following weather service: public class WeatherService:ITime { public string GetTodaysWeather() { if (Hour >= 0 && Hour <= 6) { return "Sunny"; } else if (Hour >= 7 &&...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Installation question 06-05-07
I have one server with sql2005 running MOSS 2007 (sharepoint) I would like that sql server also to run CRM dynamics 3.0 pro. We are only 5 users and its a rather fast server so we believe it will go fine performance vice. Can I install SRS from the crm3 disk on a SQL2005 ? does it NEED default website and port 80 ? (the MOSS are using that) any help appreciated Hello, I suggest install SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services (SRS) manually using the SQLServer 2005 installation media. Configure SRS to use a different (new) website, having its own application pool. Then during CRM setup speci...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

show last data point in chart
Hello, I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? Thank you. Nathan - > I am charting a range of observations/data points. Is there a way to make the last data point show up differently on the chart (different color/shape)? < Click the charted data once to select the entire data series. Pause. Click the single point to select it. Then use the Format menu. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Thanks for your reply. Well, that would work if I knew which point on the chart ...

Copy Data from One Group of Cells to Another Group
I have five columns of data on two different sheets in the same workbook. One set of columns is sorted in ascending date order the other in descending date order. When I enter data into the last row of Sheet 1, I need the data in that row in columns A, B, C and D to be copied into Sheet 2 columns A, C, D and E in a newly inserted row 14. Is this possible with the use of a macro? I can find the last cell in Sheet 1, but then need to go up one row and back to column A. I am having difficulty with that. Thanks is advance for any assistance offered! /s/ Alan Auerbach On Sat, 26 May 2007, ...

Import excel data to outlook calendar
I have found lots of tips to import excel data to the address book, etc, but can't find how to "custom map" or how to import data from an excel spreadsheet into the outlook calendar. Could anyone make any suggestions? Hi Tracy, normally you are in the wrong newsgoup, but I try to help you. - First export the dates from your OL calender to an excel file. - In this file, you can find all the headlines for importing. - If you try to import date, be sure that the headline matches as described before. - Then to the normal job for import in Outlook -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / ...

Registration Entry for External Data Refresh Prompt
Hello, I have several Excel Workbooks with external queries, pivots, etc. I have "ASK TO UPDATE AUTOMATIC LINKS" checked in TOOLS - OPTIONS. But it seems like I still stometimes get asked whether or not I want to update. Particularily I notice when I close the workbook I may get prompted if I want it to automatically update. Is there something I can do so I do not get prompted? Something in the registry perhaps? Thanks for any assistance! ...

Showing the perimeter of a set of (X,Y) data!
Good day all, I need to plot the perimeter of a set of data. I have a set of (X,Y) data with error bar and it is a nice mess so I just actually need to see (show) the area were the data can be found. Then hopefully overlay an other set of (X',Y') data and show that they both cover the same surface of existence. i.e this is a set of metrology measurement in X and Y of a part build from different mould. Obviously you get a nice cloud of X and Y but does the new material offer the same 'cloud' ? Thank you I think the easiest way to do this is plot the data on a XY Scatter cha...

How do I get total value data labels in a stacked bar chart?
I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if so, how?? Hi, This should help http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy blemerson wrote: > I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total > value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if > so, how?? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks, Andy. The CFO is thrilled. Heather "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, >...

Error Exporting data in HQ Admin
Hi, I have HQ 1.2 (SP3) and two stores. I have previously exported new stores with other customers without any problems. However, I am now getting an error when it reaches the table supplier - An error was encountered while exporting data. Your Store Operations db is not complete and may not work correctly. Error 0: I have followed instructions as per another post ( query to check for NULL values and reinstall SO in case 'only me' option was selected) but still have same problem. Would anyone have any ideas on where to go from here? Thanks in advance. John. John, First I w...

Pivot table Data field question
I create a pivot table from three columns of data, using the Wizard.In the Layout dialogue, I drag one of my fields to the Rows; I drag anther field to the Columns. I need to drag a third field to the Data area. There's no conflict there, each Data cell of the resulting matrix would be unique. Excel doesn't let me do this. It insists on using a calculation, e.g. Sum of [field3], Count of [field3], etc. How do I convince Excel to insert just the value of Field3 in the Data? -- Regards Gershon Shamay The field you drag to the data area will always be summarized. However, if the v...