Three-Tier System Architecture, XML and SQLServer2005/2008

In the SQLServer 2000 BOL, "Three-Tier System Architecture" section depicts
pictorially the role played by the 3 layers. Is there a similar diagram for
SQLServer 2008?

=?Utf-8?B?cmdu?= <rgn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> In the SQLServer 2000 BOL, "Three-Tier System Architecture" section
> depicts pictorially the role played by the 3 layers. Is there a
> similar diagram for SQLServer 2008?

I don't know of any, but the general diagram should be the same for SQL
Server 2008. Yes, there are some new features, like Service Broker, but I
would not be too worried about it. Most of the heavy changes are either a)
underneath the hood or b) syntax of one type or another (support of CLR,
etc.).

Peace and Grace,
Greg

--
Vote for Miranda's Christmas Story
http://tinyurl.com/mirandabelieve

Twitter: @gbworld

|      Think outside the box!             |
Gregory

Outlook 2003 Hangs and slows down system over VPN
Hey all, I have a remote user who uses Outlook 2003 over a VPN connection and anywhere from 4 to 10 times a day she gets a messages that says outlook is trying to re-establise the connection to the exchange server. While this is going on her system comes to a standstill and she cant get any work done. It also kills her connection to one of the remote systems she connects to using a hyper terminal session. I think the issue may be with her ISP, but i have been trying to figure out what could be cuasing this issue on her side first. Any thought or ideas would be great. Her system is XP SP2...

How to Refresh System
Hi Folks Have been testing the RMS system - now I would like to delete all the transactions and historical transaction data but keep all config info, inventory, suppliers, customers info, etc... Inventory quantities need to be adjusted anyways. Not sure what tables need to be deleted... or is the best way to export the information I want to keep? I'm very familar with SQL server - just don't know which tables and fields. Dan Just go into administrator and under database click delete transactions. <lane.dj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129865501.999514.307170@f14g2000c...

System.OutOfMemoryException in Timesheet Approval
Using Project Server 2007 + SP2 + April 2009 CU. My customer use to view his resource's timesheets in Approvals -> Timesheet in the PWA. But often when he has opened a resource's timesheet and clicked on the Cancel button the following error appears: "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Troubleshoot issues with Windows Sharepoint Services." Now when he tries to open Approval -> Timesheet the error message keep showing up. What's even more strange is that if he waits until the next day and try again the error is gone !...

System Folder Replication
I am currently getting errors on my Exchange servers regarding system folder replication problems. Errors on Server A: Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event ID: 3090 Description: Error 0x80004005 occurred while processing an incoming replication message. Folder: (4-13) NON_IPM_SUBTREE\StoreEvents{42A76A8A-35C6-4F3E-9B4E-7C07D345295A}\globalevents Message: 1-173D0C, NULL --- : smex_reg_record : --- Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event ID: 3087 Description: An incoming replication message was not processed. Type: 0x4 Message ID: 1-173D0F Folder: (...

Help with more than three conditions when formating.
Is it possible to have more than three conditions using conditional formatting? I have a list of five products in a column. I want to use a different color cell for each product. Product 1 would be yellow, product 2 would be blue, product 3 would be green. I know how to use conditional formatting to format each but I only seem to be able to set up three conditions. When you can't use Conditional Formatting (more than 3 formats), the next step is to use an Event Macro. See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case look at top for instructions to install, right click on...

system menu icon?
I have a very simple dialog app as shown below. I wish to make the icon in the top-left corner displayed. I tried this with the WM_SETICON message in the WM_INITDIALOG message with a user defined icon (made within VS C++), however only the icon on the taskbar is displayed and not the one in the top-left corner. However if I try: SendMessage(hDlg, WM_SETICON, ICON_SMALL (*** or ICON_BIG***), (LPARAM) LoadIcon(NULL, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_APPLICATION))); then the default windows icon is displayed as normal. What am I missing? Also, System Menu is set to TRUE for the dialog. I'm using VS C++ ...

response.writing out UTF8 XML. How?
I was having issues before with my XML being sent to the browser as UTF16. Via my XmlTextWriter, was able to fix this by explicitely setting the encoding to UTF8: Dim objX As New XmlTextWriter(Response.OutputStream, Encoding.UTF8) That fixed the issue. I'm not generating an XML file using a different method grabbing XML from a DB and then reading it in as a stringreader, then transforming that via an XSLT file. Eventually, I do the XSLT transformation and response.write the result to the browser. The problem is that, once again, it's being set witn a UTF16 encoding. I've...

Outlook anywhere SBS 2008 sync issues
I am having an issue with connecting to our SBS 2008 server with Outlook anywhere. It is setup and working 50% of the time but I will get sync issues and emails not coming through/sending from my Outlook client. Emails will sit in my outbox etc We have a GoDaddy certificate on our SBS 2008 box and other users are not having this issue, it has actually been going on for quite a while for me and will either fix itself after a few hours and emails will start flowing again or need a couple of reboots on my home workstation. I have done a few clean installs of Windows 7 over the pa...

Graduated pricing- mult-tiered pricing, bracket pricing
We have a client that wants to charge only for items over 500 units. Less than that would be subject to a minimum charge. We did a item for the minimum charge but when we did the price level with 0-500 units at zero cost and item 501-9999999 at $0.50. (It is similar to the income tax brackets) It charged for all 501 at .50 not just the one unit. The extended pricing module says it can have multi-tiered pricing but there is no training material addressing it and Microsofts search engine has no results on how to do it, but does mention it in the marketing material. -- accountant In o...

xml serialization of a class and adding qualified namespace
I am successfully serializing to XML from a class like this: private static void CreateXML() { testClass c = new testClass(); c.stringElement = "data1"; c.stringElement2 = "data2"; subClassDataType s = new subClassDataType(); s.subThingElement1 = "data3"; s.subThingElement2 = "data4"; c.subThing = s; XmlSerializer mySerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(testClass)); System.IO.StreamWriter myWriter = new System.IO.StreamWriter("test3.xml"); mySerializer.Serialize(myWriter, c); } My class definitions are as follows: [Serializable] [System.X...

Norton System Works
I can't get "Norton AntiVirus System Status" to come up in the main window. ...

Putting last three cells with data in a row into a set three cells
I have three columns of data per month. (Jan=RST, Feb=UVW, March=XYZ, etc for 5 years) and I want to look across rows 16-200 and copy the last month (3 columns) with data in it into the columns OPQ. Specific issues: I want the data pasted with values only because the first two columns of every month have data validation. I want all the data from rows 16-200 pasted even if they are blank so they will cover over the data that was there from the previous month. The cells that are not used are blank, but the last column for each month has a formula in it: =IF(OR(R16="",S16="&qu...

Rule that moves email, no envelope in system tray
Hi! Since Outlook 2000 i have used rules to move messages to folders (based on from whom it is and which account it was received thru). This has not affected the envelope that shows in the system tray when new emails has arrived. But now when i moved to Outlook 2007, the envelope does not show up. If i dont process the email thru any rule, it does show up, so it has to do with the rules. Can someone tell me what i can do to get the envelope in system tray and still be able to move emails to the correct folder when they arrive? Thanks! -- Regards, Kristofer Gafvert http://www.gafver...

Word 2003 vs Word 2007 and XML
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the way Word 2003 worked as far as direct formatting goes vs. 2007 and the XML background. It is my understanding that if you used direct formatting in Word 2003 instead of using styles, it created problems with corruption because Word 2003 would put a a code before and after each and every character selected. For example, if someone had a document they received in Courier New that was 50 pages long and they selected the entire document and changed the font to Times New Roman (TNR), every character throughout the document would have a...

does vista 32 bit support on 64 bit system?
Hi, I have a system with 64 bit vista premium.I was not able to install all the softwares available as they were 32 bit compatible. So i installed 32 bit vista in my system.Now i am not able to access the registry.What should i do?? -- APOORV AGARWAL ------------------------------------------------------------------------ APOORV AGARWAL's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/164490.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1282978.htm http://forums.techarena.in You should explain what "Now i am not able to access the registry" mea...

unique number for a system
Hi, I want to fetch a unique ID for a system so for that I want to get the following: 1.OS Serial Number 2.CPU Serial Number or any other way to generate a unique ID for a system? Please help me.. Thanks It sounds like Yet Another Attempt To Write A Licensing Program. Generally, the values you obtain this way are completely useless for nearly any purpose you can imagine. They are not valid for determining licensing, in particular. And if you are using them, I can fake you out and give you whatever you want with minimal effort, that is, I can crack your licensing schem...

writing xml files with XSDObjectGen.exe
I have a schema and have used XSDObjectGen.exe to create a set of classes that represent the schema. What is the best way to fill xsdobjectgen.exe generated classes with data? I want to create and serialize an instance of one of the classes in this schema. the class is declared publicly, but isn't accessible outside the namespace: <XmlType(TypeName:="BusinessProperty571LFormsType",Namespace:=Declarations.SchemaVersion),XmlRoot,Serializable, _ EditorBrowsable(EditorBrowsableState.Advanced)> _ Public Class BusinessProperty571LFormsType The cause seems to be the XmlType...

Publisher makes the system restart
I have a wierd problem while using Publisher2000 on a Windows 98 system. Whenever I try to save an existing file or zoom any object in the file, etc. the system restarts. Pub2000 is a stand alone version. I tried in safe mode, uninstalling Norton AV, reinstalling office, Repaired Publisher2000, repaired the registry, done all sorts of things without much use. Plz. help me. Hi Kiran, Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you are encountering. I would recommend is restarting you...

Outlook 2000 "Out of memory or system resources" problems
OS: Win XP Pro CPU/Ram: 1.3M Presario Laptop 256MB RAM I run Win XP Pro on Pentium 1.3M with 256MB Ram, I'm getting "out of memory or low in system resources" error while using OUTLOOK 2000. Some folders don't open and and I can't move items between folders. This started just 1 week ago. I've tried updating Office to with SR1 update. It was successful though I got one error "cannot apply patch to C:\config.msi\pt472.tmp....." saying patch may have been applied by other setup... I've tried reinstalling my McAfee virusscan, repairing office(whic...

Office 2008 causes A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari."
Since installing Office 2008 and updating to the latest version I get the following error in Safari (not Office): A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari" I have tried first aid on the keychain but that didn't help. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks, Howard. I just installed Office 2008 myself and am now getting the same Safari Keychain error message. Being a new Mac user, I don't know enough about Keychains to have a clue. Gene ...

three y axes
I have a chart with two y axes, one on each side, and a single x axis. Is it possible to construct a chart with three y axes, e.g., units and dollar value on the left and percent on the right. Thanks. Hi, Yes if you build your own chart axes. Have a read on Jon's page on the subject http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/TertiaryAxis.html Cheers Andy Kevin wrote: > I have a chart with two y axes, one on each side, and a single x axis. Is it > possible to construct a chart with three y axes, e.g., units and dollar value > on the left and percent on the right. > > Tha...

401K match should work in multiple tiers
The version 8.0 benefit match maximum percentage for 401K works well for a single tier, but it should be extended to the multi-tier functionality as well. For instance, a company could match 100% of an employee's first 3% deduction, then match 50% of the employee's next 2%. -- BrianB I agree. Microsoft should add a table to the 401k benefit screen that allows multiple tiers like the current life insurance age based table. We are constantly running quality control reports to make sure the company match is correct due to the manual entry. "BrianB" wrote: > The ...

System hangs when I add a phone number to a new contact
I'm using outlook xp on windows xp. Sometimes (not always) when I type a phone number in a phone field in a contact and click to another field, my mouse changes to an hourglass and no programs will launch anymore and requires a system reset. I think the logic that normally occurs when you click off a phone field is the formatting of that number. Does anyone have an idea of how to either fix this or to simply turn off automatic formatting for these phone number fields? Its a pain to have to add contacts though the web version just to avoid this bug. Thanks. ...

System Crash?
Windows XP user window shows, I type in my user name and password and it logs me on then immediately off again. How do I fix this problem without having to format and reload windows? I tried safe mode and it didn't work at all. "Clev" <Clev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A67683D-3E0C-49E6-BCD0-928F1A717E24@microsoft.com... > Windows XP user window shows, I type in my user name and password and it > logs > me on then immediately off again. How do I fix this problem without having > to > format and reload windows? I tried saf...

I just know it because I have spent the last three months compiling my luxury gift list and distributing it to the people that can afford it. (I mean care, the people that care!)
I just know it because I have spent the last three months compiling my luxury gift list and distributing it to the people that can afford it. (I mean care, the people that care!) It's really not much to ask, is it? I mean, what's the point in a Christmas present just for the sake of it. I might end up with one of those tacky ornaments from a department store or, the ultimate nightmare, a catalogue store watch! A catalogue store anything - oh lord save me http://www.watchec.com Swiss Rolex Watches Mens Rolex Watches Ladies Rolex Watches A.lange & Sohne Watches Alain Silberstein Wat...